MILLENNIUM PHARMACY SYSTEMS

MILLENNIUM PHARMACY SYSTEMS Employer Reviews

Poorly run and incompetent
Operations (Former Employee), PittsburghSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: okay work life balance and benefits could be worse.
Cons: everything else.
Management is inept across many departments. Departments are understaffed and many employees are doing work that should be done by several employees or a manager. There is no foresight in the entire organization. Management moves from one problem to the next and never looks at the overall picture. There is no hope for better compensation; raises are below inflation if you get one at all. Promotions are sparse at best and do not expect more money. There is no communication by upper management on the state of the company or any goals that are in the future. Employee morale and loyalty is nonexistent. Turnover across all departments is a significant issue that seems to baffle management. There are poor benefits, below market pay, no training and inept management. Any rational person can determine as to why turnover is so high but that would require the decision makers to be educated, rational people. The company is on an accelerated march to nonexistence. If you are employed here, the net benefit is a pay check. Unless you are desperate for employment, you should avoid this employer at all costs.
worst place ive ever worked
Senior software engineer (Former Employee), cranberryFebruary 2, 2014
worked in IT department with title software engineer for over 2 years. management is terrible. from executive management down to direct team managers. ive witnessed software engineers get insulted, humiliated, screamed at in front of the entire floor, and on personal cell phones that specific managers would utilize to berate their engineers.

with CTO's and VP's turning a blind eye because their only interest was to try and deliver something promised that shouldnt have been promised to begin with inside of a deadline that is completely impossible to adhere to. And watched developers get terminated as a result because upper management ended up looking bad if the result wasnt as desired. which was never possible to begin with. but promises were made, so..

Engineers are siloed into projects and are instructed not to particpate in assisting other team members even in critical emergency situations to the point of completely cutting off team members from colaborating with one another to acheive goals of success for the entire company.

Mentality is not to help team members succeed but to bleed developers of everything for the success of management.

Terrible place for anyone's IT career. unless of course you're willing to sacrifice weekends and family to produce, and you are accepted into the right development clique.

aside from that, the developers that you worked with, if you were able to communicate with them, were great individuals.
Terrible place to work
pharmacist (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything
I would not recommend this company to anyone. Terrible Management!!!
Terrible management
Long term care pharmacist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: management hires favorites, poor management
Manager liked to yell at full time staff. Technicians called in sick a lot, came in late, no repercussion. Poorly managed facility; more of an old boys club. Upper management not always supportive of pharmacists since company founded by a nurse and you answer to directors of nursing. Terrible computer system where you risk your pharmacy license by verifying orders entered by nursing home nurses ... You never see the actual order. Dangerous practice.
Difficult transition from start-up to mature company
MANAGER - CORPORATE SYSTEMS (Former Employee), Cranberry, PANovember 27, 2013
Tempestuous environment. Came in at a time when major leadership changes occurring. Wishing the best for Millennium.
Not a career path temp job only
Long Term Care Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 11, 2013
The job itself is easy but extremely unorganized with no proper training what so ever. The manager is horrible and inconsiderate of employees all together. He has absolutely no respect for anyone unless part of a well known chain pharmacy (***) only to put on a fake persona for upper management (of course). Manager belittles and disrespects employees and their differences publicly. No growth opportunities, employee wellfare non existant ie. 401K (not even worth a look). Uppermanagement selectivly blind to the treatment of their employess. Not to mention countless errors on payroll because someone mysteriously adjust your time to his liking.
fast paced productive enviroment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Cranberry Twp PaMay 27, 2013
Maintain and manage pharmacy benefit information for several long term care homes and for patients within those facilities.
Fun atmosphere where we work together to create value for our customers, employees and shareholders
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAApril 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
- A typical day at Millennium involves frequent customer interaction through phone calls and case modules. Daily tasks such as cycle medication production, bulk, patient specific compounding and IV admixtures must be processed in a timely manner.
- I have learned and practiced compounding techniques, iv admixture, and how to collaboratively solve problems.
-The hardest part of the job involves meeting daily goals. As a team, we want to deliver on our promise to patients and nurses and stay on top of our work-flow. A technichian must multitask in order to exceed customer satisfaction and produce medicaton in a timely manner.
-We strive strive to create value for our customers. The most enjoyable part of the job comes from providing outstanding customer service. Solving case modules from nurses and providing emergency STAT medication for their patients is very important to me and crucial to the patient. Serving our customers well, inturn, creates value in what I do.
Say bye-bye to your career
IT Department (Former Employee), Cranberry PAApril 10, 2013
Pros: people are kind
Cons: horrible management and retention
No advancement possibilities exist at this volatile company. Employee retention is unheard of, as turnover is constant. Oh yeah, you'll be on call 24/7 too!
amazing work setting always loved going to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIJanuary 28, 2013
i would work machines that produced pillow packs, made compounds, spoke with nurses/doctors, also did some billing for IV tubing. I was fresh out of school when i started at Millennium so everything i know i learned for the pharmacy and the amazing people there who taught me.
Many changes to Management /No regard for retention
Pharmacy (Former Employee), Hatfield, PAJanuary 28, 2013
Cons: terrible scheduling, lack of sops, non-family friendly, non-employee friendly management, nepotism
Many changes to management with unqualified individuals. Not a family friendly company. If it is decided that additional shifts need to be created, you are basically, in so many words, told to accept schedule changes or seek different employment. The turnover is atrocious, as evidenced by the multiple postings (not due to expansion) on Indeed over the past 2 years. Unless this company gets its act together, they will continue to lose market share in this arena.
Terrible company with no concern for employee retention
Pharmacy Authorization Specialist (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAJanuary 12, 2013
Cons: scheduled breaks, no talking amongst colleagues, no longer permitted to work from home
Changes in every level of management provided for an extremely tense and stressful work environment. Managers were unwilling to address the root cause of the problem which was the operating system and instead continued to demand more and more from their employees. An employee can only work as well as the system they are using.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIDecember 12, 2012
Pros: making ivs
Cons: closed
learned about long term care settings, made IV's, used recent technology
High Stress environment, constant changes, non competive wages
Pharmacy Authorization Specialist I (Current Employee), Cranberry, PASeptember 14, 2012
Too many changes in high ranking management on down the line to make for comfortable work environment
Productive and fun place to work...learned from pharmacists and computer technicians
Certified Pharmacy Technician/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAAugust 9, 2012
Pros: scheduled breaks and lunch time
Cons: difficult to adhere to breaks when taking inbound calls
Took inbound calls from nurses of Long Term Care facilities and logged information into computer system in a customer service atmosphere. Learned new computer programs that were implemented by Millennium which will assist me in my goals to understand other systems. Multi-tasking was a must as phone calls were on a one minute delay and notes were quality checked. Co-workers were friendly and helpful and many I considered friends.
Professional work area with many interesting people
Cycles and Satellite Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Hatfield, PAApril 25, 2012
A typical day at work in cycles includes filling trays with drugs and then dispensing the pills into automated machines which packet the drugs. Checking the quantity of the pills in each packet is crucial as the machine can make mistakes. On the satellite side, it includes compounding, bulk items, LOAs and many other interesting aspects culminating in the run.
Many of my co-workers were amazing! We were a team, a family! We helped each other when needed help. We somehow knew what to expect from the other person and we all came together in the end. My co-workers were exquisite.
The hardest part of the job was counting the quantity of pills from the machines in cycles. Sometimes your eyes could get blurry at times but you simply take a break for a few minutes and return.
What I loved about the job was compounding! I love chemistry and I love cooking so I was somewhat able to put those two things into use when I was compounding. I would refer to it as the 3 Cs. Chemistry, Cooking, and Compounding :)
Cutting-edge methods for delivering medications to long-term care residents
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Cranberry Township, PAApril 5, 2012
Very unique method for delivering medications to long-term care residents, tracking the administration of medications and treatments electronically. Medications are delivered in individual pillow packs for each administration time. Pillow packs are clearly identified with facility, room number, resident name, date and time of administration, also, medication name, strength and dosage are bar coded on package.

Company is moving from a start-up phase and experiencing the typical issues any organization experiences in a competitive environment.

About MILLENNIUM PHARMACY SYSTEMS

Millennium Pharmacy Systems (or MPS) has a long-term technology solution for the long-term care industry. Its MPSRx system incorporates – Read more