Miller's Ale House

Miller's Ale House United States Employee Reviews

Lack of leadership
Bartender (Former Employee), Kirkman Road, Orlando, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: 60 + large screen tv's and very good prices.
Cons: Kitchen backs up, lack of consistency and mediocre trained staff.
This company works very old schools. From the leadership to the systems and tools are antiquated. Lack of motivation and leadership from Management. Lead by fear and lack of self accountability. All these result in huge turn of employees. Best part of the job is the customer's that go to have a good time; beer and sports...
Want tons of work for minimal money
former server (Former Employee), Long Island, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: Very open with scheduling
Cons: favoritism, horrific environment, bad clientele
When I started at Millers the restaurant was less than a year old and new to the area so it was very busy with many people excited about a new sports bar. After a while the excitement wore off for the most part after people realized the food is sub par and the liquor portions are very small. Now the restaurant stayed busy because the food is so cheap, beer prices are good, and there are over fifty televisions to watch sporting events. The problem is that it will attract the kinds of customers who are usually rather cheap. Also never work on the night of a big sporting event because you will have tables that will sit for three hours and might order just an appetizer and a main course. Another problem is after a few months of working there the food portion sizes went down and some of the few decent regulars noticed that. Another thing regulars noticed was the company started to put the higher ABV beers in smaller glasses.
Management can be okay when they aren't playing favorites, but they are under heavy pressure because of the parent company that owns Millers. About every 2-3 weeks the parent company sends in secret shoppers to inspect everything with the restaurant. Also management is terrified if someone either writes a complaint to corporate or even fills out a bad survey.
A positive is that because the restaurant is so big management is very open with your schedule and availability so I can somewhat recommend Millers if you are in school or want it as a secondary job.
In the end you can make decent money for a casual corporate serving job because it does get busy and you will flip tables on non big sport nights, however you will deal with a ton of headaches from both guests and management. Also a lot of late nights because they are open so late.
Productive and Motivated Company
Head Bartender/ Corp.Trainer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Meet amazing people towards networking, great work experience, grew as a person.
Cons: no chance of advancement, no notice of hard work or job well done.
Working at Millers Ale House has been different from any other job I ever had. When I started they just cleaned house, due to poor management and loss of money and guests. I was part of the new and inspired crew to change the out look of Millers. I was hired as a bartender to change the ways things were ran to make it functional all around. I learned so much doing this, by finding way to get to other team members to work as a team, to stop at work theft, to making our liquor cost go down 45%. I wouldn't say any of it was hard, yes it was a challenge, I truly love a challenge, due to the fact I'm learning and growing as a person due to that experience. Over all I enjoyed my job, its just not my passion. My passion lies in the medical field and I have spent the last few years working hard and trying to get my foot in the door to follow my dreams.
fast paced enviroment
Server (Current Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 24, 2015
I got to meet a lot of different people from all over the world and enjoy beautiful sunsets right off the lake. I practically lived there. we had all sorts of events and did and academy awards galla
too much hassle
Server,cook and Trainer (Former Employee), Springfield, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: no breaks, surveys are most important aspect
managers are in and out offend as fired and hired. within the first two years of the store being open the store went through 12 managers. no stabilization with management going on.
Family style restaurant and bar
Supervisor of Security (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 1, 2015
put simply as a bouncer my job was to secure the premises, make sure there was no underage drinking, stop fights, and escort unruly or overly intoxicated guests out of the building.
Not your typical bar food with high quality service
Server (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 20, 2015
Typical Day: Slow start to dinner shifts, normal rush around 4:30-5. Beforehand, must prepare each side station and table for the evening's guests. Restaurant has max capacity of 600, so most nights involve a lot of running around and performing a variety of tasks (re-stock, bussing, cleaning, food running and serving).

What I've learned: Has taught me how to turn even the worst situations into a pleasant evening that ensures a loyal customer; as well as a nice stepping stone for a career in the hospitality industry.

Staff: Some of the best people I've met in my professional career so far. Makes coming to work very enjoyable

Hardest part of my job: Keeping balance between managing my tables, helping every other department and being a leader for my fellow co-workers.

Most enjoyable part of my job: The guests. They are the reason I am pursuing a life long career in the industry and without them, I would be behind a pharmacy counter
Nightlife bar seen.
Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: managment
A great place to work if u dont mind long hours, and late nights. Its a sports bar with fun staff and overall great place>
High paced
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Very high paced. Physically and mentally demanding. Don't get me wrong when the right team is in place it is very fun and rewarding.
Too crazy
Server (Former Employee), Paramus, NJNovember 10, 2014
Place often gets very packed and it is hard to serve in such crowded areas. Management always forgot my name, even months after working here. Other servers were very nice and we all worked well as a team. Quality of food was always an issue.
busy busy
Bar Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 6, 2014
great place very busy fun exciting place great people
great team
awesome atmosphere
Rising company
New Store Opening Head Coach/FOHCO/Hourly Manager (Current Employee), pensacola, flOctober 19, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to travel
Cons: openings to move up
Millers Alehouse is a great company to work for. They are on the rise and will be in a city near you soon.
Underwhelming and hostile work environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: watch sports for free!
Cons: no breaks, no lunch breaks, inconsistent hours, no substantial tips to be made
Miller's Ale House as a corporate company provided a great work opportunity for myself, however my location specifically does not represent Miller's Ale House very well. A typical day included general hostessing duties and a short list of clean-up tasks at the end of a shift, but unfortunately a typical day also included the servers behaving unprofessionally and mistreating their hostess(es) verbally concerning rotation order and tip out and the BOH staff usually fell behind and their mistakes lead to food being constantly sent back. The most enjoyable parts of the job were the regular elderly customers and working with SOME friendly staff. The hardest parts were the server wages (despite NOT being a server) and the meager tip outs (which come from a percent of server sales, limiting the potential to make anything substantial in tips) and the lack of a professional attitude at all times from both the FOH and BOH staff, and sadly the managers. I believe I learned to be even more courteous and thoughtful of my co-workers through the mistreatment I experienced.
fun and fast paced place to work
Server/ Trainer/ Book keeper/ NSO (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAOctober 6, 2014
Better then most restaurants to work in but again it is a restaurant so there will always some of the typical restaurant drama. There is room to grow if you are willing to put the hard work in.
work
Bartender (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: lively place
Cons: long hours for the buck or short hours for minimal
you'll work long an hard, as a bartender pray for closes to make money... servers make more with less responsibility
Educational and Life changing
Server (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
I was a Resident Assistant so I worked all year round. I loved having a floor of students who I could learn from and vice versa. I learned how to approach many situations from different angels. My Director was very understanding and taught me much about how to step outside of the box. The hardest part of the job was being the first one in and the last one out of the building. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to meet so many students and watching them grow throughout the year and after graduation.
Fast Paced work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAAugust 24, 2014
It was OK. it could have been better. The staff was rude and unorganized.
Fun work environment. Enjoyed interacting with customers.
Barback (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2014
Stock beer and Ice.
Bus glasses and dishes off bar.
Wash all glasses at bar.
Keep bartop sanitized.
Take out trash.
Keep keg and beer cooler organized.
Changed kegs.
Worked two bars each shift, by myself.
Fast paced work.
Enjoyed interacting and getting to know patrons.
Closed down bars every shift.
Washed all glass ware.
Scrubbed floors.
sanitized bartops.
Re-stocked all beer for next day
Looking Forward.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 7, 2014
3 Years of Management experience with Loyalty Tax Pros.

6 1/2 years restaurant kitchen and FOH experience. Looking forward to advancing.
A lot of fun while working. It's more fun when it's busy since we work as a team.
SERVER (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: 25% off on any food.
Cons: healthcare
I go to work then we have 15 minutes of working plan meeting. We start working when we scheduled for our own station. Every co worker of Ale House is really helpful. I do enjoy to see that nothing waits for you there. Anything that you were suppose to do but you were engaged somewhere else, someone else will do the job on time. The most enjoyable part of being here is, having chance to meet new people everyday.

1 2 3