Miller's Ale House Employee Reviews in United States

The most enjoyable part of the job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 7, 2016
The most enjoyable of part of the job is the team you work it, the bond we create with the customers and the team. I enjoy making the customers happy.Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another.
Fun workplace with amazing people.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Junction blvdJuly 1, 2016
A typical day at work for me was wonderful. Every day was a new learning experience. The managers were constantly available to any and everyone... which was a plus in my book. My coworkers were never an issue for me, We all got along nicely. The hardest part of the job was leaving, I never wanted to go home. As previously mentioned, the staff was just so cheerful all the time, it was contagious! The most enjoyable part of the job would probably have been writing on the boards, as well as greeting the guests. I've always had a sense of creativity and a friendly personality.. so it was like a match made in heaven if you ask me! I'm entirely grateful to have been given the opportunity of employment at Millers Ale House. Working here, I developed strong leadership skills and confidence and I feel like I can do anything in the world now.
Pros
People, Atmosphere, Food, Self confidence.
Cons
none.
Great
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYJune 21, 2016
Great place to work. Management ensure a comfortable workplace. Staff is always having fun while working. Super laid back but productive restaurant.
productive
Hostess/Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2016
very productive workplace the management was very great. Great food quality very great team work customers are very nice.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
breaks
Great work atmosphere, fun guests and coworkers paired with excellent management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 24, 2016
I would write the special board, fill out the rotation sheet, and close all the blinds. I greeted and sat guests, and if there was no busser, I would bus tables.

My managers were very kind and understanding to my needs as an employee, and even allowed me time off for a short vacation with my family. My co-workers were happy to cover my shifts and were generally pleasant to be around.

The hardest part of the job is probably those Saturday evenings when we get slammed and customer tensions are high from having to be put on a wait. Your customer service skills are definitely put to the test during those times.
Pros
Discount on food, great atmosphere, generally pretty short shifts for the tip share you get.
Cons
Very corporate. You're always scared of getting shopped by someone in the company, which leaves a feeling of unease when taking a phone call or assisting a guest
Used to be a fun work place. Management destroyed that.
Head Bartender/Coach (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 22, 2016
you co-workers are great people, and youll meet life long friends.
Management on the other hand is terrible. They act like teenagers in high school.
Pros
bartending and meeting new people everyday. co-workers are great people.
Cons
terrible management
Super Friendly environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2016
A typical day was a work environment that fostered a family type team-work element to which made the job super enjoyable.
Pros
Location to home
Cons
no lunch breaks
High-volume bar and family friendly restaurant
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 29, 2016
Miller's Ale house is a great place to work. The company is very successful and is quickly expanding! It is a very large restaurant with 34 six-top booths, 15 high tops, twelve tables, and two bars. Miller's has an indoor "patio" with one bar and a jukebox. For late night, we turn the jukebox on which gives the bar a more nightlife atmosphere. I began working at Miller's Ale House as a server and learned almost everything I know about serving here. I quickly moved up and began getting better shifts because I could handle and turn more tables. I enjoyed the job in itself but didn't feel the same "family" feeling that I did at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Miller's was much larger and had many more employees than Cheeseburger in Paradise. I was working full-time at each job while also going to school full-time. It was too much on my plate at the time, so I left Miller's and stayed at Cheeseburger in Paradise.
hospitality bar
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2016
great food, good drinks, always a great sporting event on tv....food specials and drink specials all the time. outside patio is always a great place to relax after a hard days work
It's a good place to work
Busser (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 25, 2016
They taught me how to bus tables and assist with closing procedures. The staff is encouraging with what I need to do each work day. I have more confidence in myself now.
Pros
Discounted meals, job experience, meeting friendly peoples
Cons
N/A
What I've learned from waiting tables
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would include high volume atmosphere. I have learned how to multi-task and how to stay calm in busy situations. Management is excellent. They listen to what their employees have to say and they take it into consideration. My co-workers and I are like family. The hardest part of my job is having to maintain a good attitude while being under pressure but the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet new people. I have learned a lot from waiting tables. I have learned how to maintain composure in difficult times and how to work with the public.
Pros
Half off lunch, benefits, making friends that are like family
Cons
long hours, not a steady paycheck
Fun working environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Great atmosphere. Fun sports bar with family environment. Can get very busy and loud but its always busy and makes your shift go by fast
Great place to work If you like sports
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Great coworkers and managers
Flexible work schedule
Overtime available
Fast paced work place
Watch sporting events and interact with customers
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
High Paced, Active, Fun, and Keeping You On Your Toes.
Busser, Barback, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 2, 2016
A typical day for me was anywhere from 4 to 12 hours (If I worked a double-shift). I bussed tables, barbacked, and helped dish for quite sometime. The hardest part of the job was the time frame when I would be running non-stop for up 10 hours at a time due to how busy we were. Anything less than a Strong Work Ethic and You Couldn't Survive. I loved the variety, and the unpredictability.
Pros
Money, Hours, Job Security
Cons
Short Break Times
High energy, customer driven business
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 24, 2015
Great place to work. However, they over-hired bartenders and this led to minimization of hours. Also, I was hoping that there was a greater chance for advancement
Pros
customers, co-workers
Cons
needed full time hours
Secure and Fun Culture
Training and Bar Manger (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYNovember 15, 2015
I consider myself very lucky to have begun my career with this company. Miller's Ale House emphasizes a four-wall theory and teamwork mentallity, and everyone there follows through.

The worst part of the job are the hours. 2am closing times make for long days. However, the best part of the job are the people and relationships you make with them. From top to bottom, Miller's has some of the nicest and most helpful people you will ever meet.
Pros
People. Ability to develop your management skills.
Cons
Late hours
Low pay, no care for employees
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 9, 2015
Very bad hourly job. Management does not care about staff. Typically scheduled 12-15 hour shifts because of understaffing. Breaks hit and miss. Common to work until 1 or 2 am and then be scheduled back in at 10am.
ok
SERVER /SERTIFIED TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 27, 2015
a good place to work, lots of communication. major aspect - customer service. Fun to work and can make good money. Great food and drink specials.
Great career builder for hospitality in las vegas
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2015
The group of co-workers I have is phenomenal. We have a very cohesive team and work seamlessly off one another. It has taught me a great deal about what does and what doesn't work when it comes to workplace satisfaction.
College town environment
Server/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 15, 2015
this was a great night job during my college career. I was able to balance both full time student and full time career. Made great money and worked with people my age.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller's Ale House. Our community is ready to answer.