Miller's Merry Manor Employee Reviews in United States

Good co-workers & management
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, INMarch 8, 2016
I learned a lot from my experience at MMM. I enjoyed my co-workers. Management was helpful & friendly. They gave timely raises.
A nice place to work but not much advancement
Director of Life Enrichment (Current Employee) –  Rushville, INSeptember 16, 2015
A good place to work. Close to home. Not much advancement. Enjoyed working with elderly very much. Alot of responsibility but felt under compensated for the amount of work expected. Alot of variety in my responsibilities.
Pros
Flex day once a month because in management, vacation.
Cons
Insurance expensive, pay increases are minimal
Great work place. Family owned and you felt like part of the family
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. The position is demanding but the rewards of seeing happy placed seniors made it worth it. Management was great. As Sales Director, they made you feel like you were the "cheerleader" of the team.
Pros
Family owned and operated
Cons
good CNAs and nurses, bad management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunkirk, INApril 19, 2016
Nice people to work with out on floor. Management gets special meal, and we get leftovers, or cheaper meals. DON only listens to nurses, and alot of blame gets put on aides. Have to be on call while they basically dont, and they only help first shift. Have been there ten years, and am told not to say anything to new people so they won't leave. Pay sucks. Administrator is very young, and treats aides as if they are stupid. Would not recommend working there unless you want management cuz they get treated way better.
Pros
awesome cnas
Cons
Management treating us like peeons
MMM was about too many chiefs and not enough indians...
Charge Nurse, MDS Assistant, Restorative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, INOctober 6, 2015
MMM was in true competition with the nursing home across the street because this is such a small community. I don't feel that the folks that held most of the management positions truly understood the importance of understanding the resident's true need for LTC or the family need of knowing their loved one would receive the care they deserved. Staff was cut to a bare minimum, CNA's were overwhelmed with their workload and nurses were left with options to complete job as a nurse or do patient care because there were no aides to help.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
All management positions accepted, was based off of job stability, not quality work of an employee.
Overall experience at Millers
RN (Former Employee) –  Tipton, INSeptember 25, 2015
Millers was a wonderful place to learn how to multitask and use time management skills. I had a workload of 37 residents and took pride in giving each resident quality and compassionate care. I passed medications, gave breathing treatments, did wound care and skin treatments, cared for g-tubes and PICC lines. I had daily assessments and routine vitals. I loved working with the CNA's and fellow nurses. I learned how rewarding a nurses job is when caring for someone who is unable to care for themselves. The most rewarding part of the job was the gratitude that the residents showed for compassionate and quality care performed.
Pros
Availability for overtime
Cons
Ratio for residents to nurses
Okay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tipton, INNovember 17, 2015
As far as the building goes this place is beautiful on the outside and in but the attitudes of the majority of the people working there is okay at best. There was a long period of time that we were lacking a DON and other important management members. So organization and communication where slim to none at times.
A great place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tipton InOctober 13, 2015
A great place to work with a great management team. Always something new to learn and my co-workers are the best.Nursing is not always easy but we work as a Team at Millers so even the hardest days are doable.
Pros
Management quite often provide special meals for staff to show appreciation
Cons
well it is Healthcare so you may not always get a break.
Great boss
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage, INMay 30, 2016
Management was not the best. They let their nurses down grade the other employees, and the nurses never got in trouble for it. Some nurses never did their job and nothing happened. Those nurses made the CNA's do their work.
Wouldn't recommend working there
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 27, 2016
The facility is old and needs updated. Management does not care about their employees. There is no room for advancement. Favoritism plays a huge role in advancement and success. The benefits are horrible.
Learned a lot from this Company
Skilled Rehabilitation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, INOctober 9, 2015
Staff is great to work with and I learned a lot while I was with this company. Management within the Peru building was fair, firm, helpful. Shifts are 12 hours, which I prefer. Corporate has decided to decrease staff to patient ratio to an unsafe level.
Pros
One of the best jobs I have had, great co-workers
Cons
Unsafe staff to patient ratio
Productive and loving place too be at .
activity assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 1, 2015
Walk into work I always go to every room too greet the residents and tell them that I am here. I ask them if there's anything that they need that I can get for them . Things that I have learned is that residents love when people come spend time with them and actually act like they care . The hardest part is seeing my residents upset or sick and there is nothing I can do too help them other then hug them and let them know that I am here . The most enjoyable when my residents tell me how good I am , and how they appreciate me .
Pros
A lot of discounts
Cons
short breaks
Not a good experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJune 5, 2015
A lot of new CNAs do not last very long due to older employees not welcoming them. A lot of cliques and favoritism. Not very flexible schedules, don't try to work with personal schedules/requests off. Management doesn't always investigate accusations; jumps straight to write ups.
Pros
Decent benefits, Offers CNA classes
Cons
Unfair work environment, low pay
Miller's is a good comany to work for
RN Staff Nurse, UM, Pass (Former Employee) –  Tipton, INFebruary 2, 2016
I worked for Miller's twice for a total of more than 6 years. I had many different experiences. Many of the people I worked with while there had left and also returned.
Love the job because of the residents I serve
Server (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 14, 2015
Love the job for the residents I serve but hate the position I work in daily. Lack of advancement opportunities. Smokers get more breaks than the non smokers.
Pros
Stable fulltime job
Cons
Lack of breaks
Good workplace and very nice residents
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2015
I loved Merry's Miller's Manor it was a great workplace to work at. I grew to know the residents, loved my co-workers we worked as a team to get the jobs done. the nurses was nice to always so polite and helpful. I loved my job, experience a lot there taught me a lot of good work experiences.
Pros
Great food
Cons
N/A
miller
Charge Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 8, 2016
The patient's are wonderful and the staff works hard. There is too many patients to one nurse ratio. The Government needs to see that more money needs to be put towards the elderly and nursing homes.
Pros
patients
Cons
ratio
It's a very nice place to meet people and a fun place to work at.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJanuary 25, 2016
I learned to love people and care for them at the same time. I learned to work at a fast pace and I got into a routine so I can get things done in time.
Not that professional
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart,INSeptember 11, 2015
Needs updated work. Hard but honest work. Management does not care. Most co-workers were team players. The most enjoyable occurrences was the interaction with my patients.
Up-beat work environment with new challenges each day
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rushville, INSeptember 4, 2015
An overall pretty good place of employment. The benefits and schedule flexibility are a huge plus. The residents make this such a fun place to be a part of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller's Merry Manor. Our community is ready to answer.