Miller's Merry Manor

Miller's Merry Manor Employee Reviews

CNA 3 years
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tipton, INJune 2, 2015
Overall a good place to work.

Pros- Family work environment
Coworkers and management care about one another.

Cons- Low pay.
hardworking employees are overworked picking up the slack of others
Not so great.
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee), Lagrange, INMay 12, 2015
Management in the kitchen is awful, but the job it's self was enjoyable. Overall, it was an okay job. I had a few good experiences working there.
Very appreciative of staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2015
Nice place to be and they have a great way of showing staff appreciation when you go out of your way to help cover the floor.
Great resident care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Peru, INMarch 23, 2015
Residents are in great hands. Provide Adl's. Loved my co-workers learned to provide great costumer service. Overall experience was good.
CNA (Former Employee), Warsaw, InMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Residents
Cons: Horrible management
I absolutely loved this job until I got accused of something another staff member did! I was accused of neglect of a resident the clearly another staff member did! Upon investigation I got terminated an the other employee got to keep her job needless to say about 2omths later she did it again an got caught an terminated! This total stinks because I did live this job an would still be their if this did not happen!!
fast paced work environment with many rewards
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), New Carlisle, INMarch 2, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working here. the relationships I have made with the residents has had a big impact on my life. The staff is very caring and compassionate. Management could honestly use some work, but they do have some newer managers who are still learning. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the close relationships I have made with the residents, But it can also be the hardest part when a resident passes or if their condition worsens.
Pretty outside but keep driving
Nurse (Current Employee), Tipton, IN.January 24, 2015
Pros: big facility, close to my home
Cons: not enough staff, high turnover, incompetent managers, low pay
Typically I work as a nurse AND aide because we are usually short. I have learned to depend on my immediate co-workers because unfortunately we cannot count on management. We all pitch in and help each other. I would say that is the best part of the job, my coworkers on the floor. The management staff is not attentive and does not listen to concerns. It is all about "the census" and never how hard the work is or how heavy the work load is for the hall.. A couple years ago we had a really good upper management team that you could call for help or go to when frustrated and needed help with something. They would get things done, help us on the floor, get us supplies, tried to make things easier for us. But those members of management are, of course, gone and we no longer have the help or support we need. Just like our really good aides. The hardest part of the job is trying to do your job when your do not have supplies. It is either the staff, washcloths, treatment supplies and personal supplies. That is another thing, supplies for treatments. For example, someone with a pressure sore has a certain treatment ordered but you can't find it. You have to leave notes and notes, ask this person to order it, ask this person to do this and promise your first born. Before, what was ordered, was there and you never had to worry about it. But that was when we had different leaders following those things. Ahhh how I miss those days. It is frustrating because I know how it has been when it was running smooth and it was great back then. But when you constantly are changing people it is hard on the residents, and staff.
PK Teacher
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Garrett, INJanuary 20, 2015
Loved being around the children. Didnt like how dishonest the supervisors were
Terrible place to work or place loved ones
nurse (Current Employee), laporte, InJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: the patients & pay
Cons: management
Management is very unorganized & inconsiderate of employees and Patients. CNA's underpaid for the task at hand & nurses run all over them. Patients do not receive the care they need. Unrealistic CNA-nurse-patient ratio. Employees not held accountable when need be. High turnover rate for both CNA's and nurses. Understaffed on a daily basis. High stress & no team work facility!
Not a nice place to work
Administrative (Former Employee), Portage, INOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good resident care
Cons: mangement at all levels is terrible/ not employee friendly
Managment is the worst I've ever experienced. Not an employee friendly place to work. No direct deposit and semi monthly pay periods only benefit the corporate level. That is only two of many cons. Fortunately the resident care is good.
employees not treated respectfully
Registered Nurse I (Former Employee), Peru, INOctober 3, 2014
Pros: close proximity to home
Cons: felt very disrespected and marginalized
Day started at break neck pace trying to assist 18 residents with am care with 3 to 4 showers before breakfast and trying to pass meds while assisting my cna as much as possible while monitoring per policy the residents sitting in dining room waiting for arrival of breakfast. I and cna assisted residents with meals and both of us attempted to toilet all residents before activities began. The rest of the day consisted of meals and toileting residents. Activity aide arrived at 11am and helped me and cna monitor and keep residents safe. I made rounds with MDs or NPs as needed. I received and processed orders, assessed residents with condition changes, obtained specimens and transported specimens to hospital lab. I ordered and coordinated xrays and communicated changes and resident needs with families.
Miller's Merry Manor is a great nursing home to work at.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
I was 18 when I worked here it was my very first job last year of high school as well. I always went to work an worked very hard there that's one thing about me when I get a job I work hard. I liked working with the people I use to work with they made the job fun an alive. I can also say I had my fair share as well here it was awesome.
Wish I was still employeed their; unfortunately my employment was cut short because of the urgency recommended for surgery by my Neurologist.
Night Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Rockport, INSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: family type atsmophere
Cons: did not get to work there long enough
Miller's Merry Manor was a great place to work; administration, supervisors and managers made you feel at home and that your opinion matters
Horrible place to work
CNA (Former Employee), La Porte IndianaSeptember 4, 2014
Cons: everything about facility
Management so un organized not professional at all no team work nurses to worried about cnas job then there's they ride the CNA through the whole work day there turn over rate are very high
too long ago to remember
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), New Carlisle, INAugust 27, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: hours and pay
i'm not really sure this was 6 years ago. pay was terrible, hours sucked, shower room was torture for the CNA's.
I enjoyed the nursing home residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia City, INAugust 13, 2014
Pros: felt more like helping than work
Cons: hard to get everything done
I worked here a number of years ago but from what I can recall it was a very nice place to work. I really enjoyed the residents and getting to care and talk to them. I helped them bath, get dressed and eat. It was a challenge sometimes to give all of them the attention they deserved in 8 hours.
fair nursing home
RN (Former Employee), Columbia City INJuly 9, 2014
Pros: hire anyone
Cons: too many count
fair employee owned nursing home....basic care. Not paid for responsibility taken on. CNA's tattooed and poorly educated.
Will never work here again.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Rushville, INJune 24, 2014
As a CNA, every day was terrible. The staff were rude, bosses did not hold anyone accountable, favoritism played a huge role every day. Everyone who seemed to be related to management were treated very well. Patients suffered due to lack of organization and poor hiring choices and low pay.
LPN-LTC
LPN (Former Employee), Rushville, INJune 23, 2014
LPN - Duties: patient care to assigned patients on skilled nursing unit, wound care, medication administration,maintaining patient charts, updating physicians with any changes in patient status, obtaining physician orders, and admissions
low esteem, fast turn over
office assistant (Current Employee), marion indianaMay 29, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: corporate and lower management problems. no consideration for employees
I give this business very low scores. low morale, management is not accessable. Gossip in the workplaces. Corporate office holds gruges

1 2 3