Miller & Milone, P.C. Employee Reviews

Do not work here unless you are a cleaner for free.
Medicaid Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 17, 2017
Terrible. Horrible place to work. No cleaners so you have to clean all the dust and dirt yourself for free or you keep getting sick. Managers come in late and leave early but workers have to clock in and out and get in trouble for a minute late. hr manager harases workers for not wearing the right shoes and clothes but she wears the same things but you can see her thong through her pants . she is in the lunch room all the time and listens to what workers are saying and stares at you like you are doing something wrong so we talk in spanish.
Pros
Cons
Dirty dusty work space, managers lie and talk bad about employees in front of employees.
Wonderful Employee-Friendly Environment
Administrative Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 30, 2017
Miller & Milone, P.C., offers a wonderful, balanced environment where employee engagement is a priority. Staff-friendly events are scheduled regularly.
Pros
Benefits, Summer Hours, Company Picnic, Engagements
Cons
Commute via train is not an option because of distance from LIRR
Great work environment
Professional level (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Company does a great job creating a nurturing and family oriented environment. Co workers are amazing and management is great at noticing employee contribution and effort. Positions are created with certain tasks in mind, however freedom is often given to make it your own.
Pros
Freedom to expand on skills and knowledge
good work environment but not alot of room to grow
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 30, 2017
loved the place & people but not the best for me. its a great place and they make efforts to engage the workers and care for employees but pay isnt enough.
Good Coworkers
Medicaid Clerk/Certified Applications Counselor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Great people to work with, but horrible management team.
Workload is very high with low compensation.
You will do beyond what is in your job description.
Pros
Good coworkers, family environment
Cons
pay, workload
Absolutely amazing place to work.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 13, 2016
Management is amazing and very helpful. They're hands on, on projects, and anything else you need assistance with. The staff are like family there, they genuinely care about one another and look out for each other. The work is a lot but its manageable. The hours are flexible to your schedule, and very supportive of growth both inside and outside the company. They're understanding and caring to each of their employees needs and situations. They take the time to know you on a personal level. There is always room to move up through the ranks so long as you're willing to move and if you're comfortable where you are then they're happy to see you happy.
Pros
Paid lunch, Sick days, Vaction days, and additional work benefits.
Horrible people to work for.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY 11530November 29, 2016
Staff is underpaid and unappreciated. They do not give raises. You'll never get commended for all of your hard work. If you make a tiny mistake you will be ridiculed. The people in charge don't have a clue of whats going on. They run around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out how to run a company.
Pros
Benefits, hour lunch, holiday celebrations.
Cons
No room for growth. No appreciation.
horrible
office clerk (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 4, 2016
This is not a company that you want to retire with! There is no room for advancement. The atmosphere is negative. The pay sucks! Management is horrible.
Excellent work place
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
I start by checking the Initials Files and Follow Up for more than 10 Hospitals in the New York area, I learned a lot about the appeals process. Management make sure to provided us with the necessaries tools. The hardest part of my job is getting accurate information from the different Medical Insurances Companies. The part that I mostly enjoyed is when I started a case and at the end the bill is paid or based on the appeal the decision is overturned.
Pros
the company take in consideration family time.
Cons
Medical Insurance Plans are not that great
excellent job
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NySeptember 19, 2015
This job was a legal position without having a degree...I loved my head boss and my pay...Best job ever.. Paid lunch hour, health benefits, plus monthly bonuses!
Pros
paid lunch hour
Cons
sonetimes no way you could leave when your hours saud
expanded my knowledge in health field
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYOctober 29, 2014
obtained/reviewed referrals met with patients and assisted them with applying for Medicaid health coverage
-Became a Certified Application Counselor
-Worked well with others
-Enjoyed meeting new people
Pleasant Office Environment
Insurance Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 4, 2013
A typical day would be initiating communication to major insurance companies to clarify policy discrepancies and iron out any billing problems. In the event of coverage denials, appeals are submitted.

The management team is a pleasant and friendly group. I enjoy the day to day interaction I have with them.

My co-workers fit the same bill. the environment is very comfortable and easy to warm up to which makes spending 8 hours of my day there 5 days a week enjoyable.

The hardest part is seeing what lengths insurance companies will go to to save money and deny payments for services rendered to their insured clients. It's rather disheartening from time to time.

The most enjoyable part would have to be when we can persuade, via medical rationale appeals, the insurance companies to agree with our medical necessity rationale and issue payment and sometimes services are revolving, in which case the payments would need to follow suit. When we get through to an insurance carrier, we win for the member also.
Pros
The environment is quite the pro by itself
Cons
Compensation could be a little better
Handle collection accounts
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 29, 2013
Daily calls to debtors to make payment arrangements or followup on payments.
Follow up with collectors on their account for closure due to final payments on a file.
Prepare legal documents for attorney review.
Send request to the court for documents.
Challenging when a $30,000 a month quota has to be made.
Pros
Paid 1 hour lunch
Cons
Compensation could be better
Challenging job collecting on outstanding debts and making monthly quota.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 15, 2013
Each day I work through my inventory of accounts by contacting debtors to set up payment arrangements. Prepare new Summons and Complaints, Judgments and other legal documents for the attorney to review. Submit requests to the courts to retrieve documents needed for my files. Daily contact with the Marshall/Sheriff to follow-up on Income Executions and Garnishments.
productive company with room to grow .
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 7, 2013
Some days were slow running and some days were very fast paced. I've learned how to be very efficient with Microsoft outlook.
A Very Terrible place to work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Garden CityMay 10, 2013
Lies Lies and more lies. This is what Miller & Milone is all about. Every where you look there are directors for such a small company. The HR director and operations director are the best at this. Management plays way to many games for a company this size.
This is why they lose great people. The pay sucks and you feel like your being treated like a slave.
You will regret working here. Just ask those who have left. Others want to leave but they are feed lies so they stay and hate it more.
Don't work here.
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING you have to wait 6 months for benefits
Productive and nice enviroment
Medicaid Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 17, 2013
My co-workers are awesome, everybody is there to help even the Directors have an open door policy.
Pros
friendly and very professional enviroment
Cons
no opportunity for growth in the accounting field
Great for young temps or entry-level work
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 2, 2013
Miller & Milone is a mixed bag. Phenomenal if you're fresh out of college and need some office work under your belt. You'll also meet amazingly kind & considerate co-workers. But M&M is plagued with demanding upper management that focuses on your failures rather than your successes. If you pursue full time employ there, please be prepared for the impossible expectations of your directors & CEO.
Pros
amazing co-workers, great office experience
Cons
managers who do not respect work/balance, demand the impossible from you.
Overall it is pretty nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 17, 2012
A Typical work day includes running reports, print medical records,locate files for Appeal Writers, scan medical records , univeral bill and hospital notes into the system. Run reports for closed files and pull them out to be boxed. Assist callers with finding files , create intial files for each hospital. I loved working with the Appeal Writers and callers. The hardest part of the job was working in an unorganized environment, being a very organized person. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting my co-workers with their assignments, creating a productive flow.
Pros
employees were allowed to bring their child to work when needed.
Cons
no real room for advancement, no affordable medical, did not match 401 k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller & Milone, P.C.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8