Miller-motte College Employee Reviews

Productive Place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 27, 2017
It is a very fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to work with great students. It is has individuals with an excellent capacity to mentor you as you help other students.
Good School.
Instructor - Business - English - Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 19, 2017
I teach strictly online courses. I greatly enjoy the interaction with the students and the courses are set up to help facilitate learning. Students are eager to learn.
Co-workers are awesome
Program Director (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 12, 2017
Co-workers are wonderful and hardworking. They really have the best interest of the students in mind. Awesome and very qualified instructors that use a variety of tools to expand learning in the classrooms.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 5, 2017
As a student, the school could have been better in many ways. As an "employee", I enjoyed it. I learned a lot and gained valuable experiences that will help me later on in life.
Worst Company ever
Paralegal Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 15, 2016
This is a company that started off strong and is dying due to mis-management of its profits. I am almost sure that they paid the higher ups more money that they earned, while the true workers got nothing, not even a raise.
Pros
Cons
always making things worse
Love the area
Registry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 29, 2016
Great people to work with learned a lot with the students. The are where the school is in the perfect place. I help students learn how to get onto the computer an show them how to get into student portal.
unorganized very unprofessional
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 16, 2016
i loved my job and the students but the staff made my job or even wainting to be there very hard! if the get a better director this school would run great!
Times change
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 5, 2016
Company does not promote from within; No choice of hours/classes; co-workers were friendly/supportive but morale was very low; Used to be a nice place to work but times have changed; When management was good- it was wonderful but when it's not- there is no student or instructor empowerment
Pros
Flexibility to make outside of work appointments
Cons
Lack of leadership
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 15, 2016
This is a top-notch online school. It has alot of opportunities for adjunct instructors. They recognize education and credentials and utilize you wherever they can. Also, management is so friendly and helpful.
Pros
Quick responses from management and staff with any issues that may arise.
Cons
Only part-time
not so good
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineMarch 11, 2016
This school is very confused in there specialties. they do not pay the employees what they deserve and the top of the management chain is so dysfunctional that no instructor can stay there over 2 years. They promote on a friendship bases and not on education or abilities.
Pros
Cons
They confuss the students

Want to know more about Miller-motte College?

Ask a question
Fun and Educational Enviroment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 2, 2015
Miller-Motte College was a wonderful experience for me, I worked there through the work study program as I attended college at the same campus. I got to work with the other students and teach them how to use the basics of the computer. They also work with you on the scheduling that co exist with your school schedule, and the staff was always friendly.
Pros
Worked on same campus I attended classes
Cons
N/a
Productive front desk
Admissions Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 27, 2015
Productive front desk with high interaction with students and people through person, phone, and email. Organize files, print, fax, scan, and create spreadsheets.
Staff is under constant reminder that they can be replaced. Can't purchase needed supplies to conduct classes and perform senario type training
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 12, 2015
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. The fellow teachers were very knowledgeable but the turn over rate was very high which let to always making new acquaintances. Students are set up to pass classes even when they fail to meet the minimum standard. pay is for classroom presentations, not for calling students when they don't come to class each day, have to create assignments, having to grade papers, and the large amount of administrative paperwork involved.
Pros
pay check
Cons
To numberous to write
Not so sure about this place
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 15, 2015
The work was pretty easy, but the training was not really enough for someone who'd never worked in this type of atmosphere. Admissions here is not traditional, it is SALES and pretty pushy. The metrics in which a for profit school go by, aren't where you can keep a solid career. All other positions outside of Admissions are safe enough to where you could get some things together long enough, just in case you get go.
Pros
You have dress down days, and an hour for lunch and the salary was fair.
Cons
Stability is shaky, and I've seen too many students get taken for a sub-par education. Some but not all, co-workers will step on you and your family's well being over a chance to advance.
Student
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 14, 2015
Studied many medical courses and performed multiple medical procedures and became a certified clinical medical assistant
Great School
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 26, 2015
I love all of my teachers because they achieve when their students achieve, and they want you to know what they know if not better. You gotta love a school like that.
Pros
what you need classes
Cons
tuition price
First time in this type of educational environment.
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2015
I began working after the semester had started. There was process information that would have been helpful earlier than it was provided.
Pros
I enjoy teaching.
Cons
More orientation needed.
This was a poorly ran company
College Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2015
The company was poorly ran and brought in leadership from a failed company which showed in the poor leadership. There was no room for growth and it had many layoffs.
Phlebotomy Instructor
Phlebotomy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 8, 2015
I worked for this company for 2 years as an instructor for their phlebotomy program. I learned to adapt to different teaching styles based on how students learn.
Miller-Motte College
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 27, 2015
Miller-Motte College is a great place to work. It is a professional environment where everyone is working hard to help students!! My co-workers there worked as a cohesive team. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people change their lives!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller-motte College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7