Miller-motte College Employee Reviews in United States

Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 15, 2016
This is a top-notch online school. It has alot of opportunities for adjunct instructors. They recognize education and credentials and utilize you wherever they can. Also, management is so friendly and helpful.
Pros
Quick responses from management and staff with any issues that may arise.
Cons
Only part-time
not so good
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineMarch 11, 2016
This school is very confused in there specialties. they do not pay the employees what they deserve and the top of the management chain is so dysfunctional that no instructor can stay there over 2 years. They promote on a friendship bases and not on education or abilities.
Pros
Cons
They confuss the students
Fun and Educational Enviroment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 2, 2015
Miller-Motte College was a wonderful experience for me, I worked there through the work study program as I attended college at the same campus. I got to work with the other students and teach them how to use the basics of the computer. They also work with you on the scheduling that co exist with your school schedule, and the staff was always friendly.
Pros
Worked on same campus I attended classes
Cons
N/A
Productive front desk
Admissions Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 27, 2015
Productive front desk with high interaction with students and people through person, phone, and email. Organize files, print, fax, scan, and create spreadsheets.
Staff is under constant reminder that they can be replaced. Can't purchase needed supplies to conduct classes and perform senario type training
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 12, 2015
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. The fellow teachers were very knowledgeable but the turn over rate was very high which let to always making new acquaintances. Students are set up to pass classes even when they fail to meet the minimum standard. pay is for classroom presentations, not for calling students when they don't come to class each day, have to create assignments, having to grade papers, and the large amount of administrative paperwork involved.
Pros
pay check
Cons
To numberous to write
Student
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 14, 2015
Studied many medical courses and performed multiple medical procedures and became a certified clinical medical assistant
Great School
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 26, 2015
I love all of my teachers because they achieve when their students achieve, and they want you to know what they know if not better. You gotta love a school like that.
Pros
what you need classes
Cons
tuition price
First time in this type of educational environment.
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2015
I began working after the semester had started. There was process information that would have been helpful earlier than it was provided.
Pros
I enjoy teaching.
Cons
More orientation needed.
Rewarding Experience
General Studies Department Chair (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 2, 2015
Teaching is something I really enjoy. I am great at it. My current position has been rewarding on so many levels it's hard to pin it down. My schedule varies and I like the quick pace of the writing courses in particular. Every new semester brings new energy and enthusiasm. I enjoy not having set times and look forward to a varied sequence of events. My students are wonderfully engaged, for the most part, and teach me through real life events, as well as academics.My co-workers share with me technique and help me to maintain a personal interest via shared curriculum, exercises, classroom ideas. Most days going to work is a pleasure for me.

The hardest part is leaving it behind. When a student doesn't perform or has personal issues that cannot be resolved it takes its toll. Having a giant stack of research essays can also be a dread, but when they are great I celebrate and learn from their efforts.
Pros
Field of Interest, Students, Colleagues
Cons
Wage per hours outside of class
This was a poorly ran company
College Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2015
The company was poorly ran and brought in leadership from a failed company which showed in the poor leadership. There was no room for growth and it had many layoffs.
Phlebotomy Instructor
Phlebotomy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 8, 2015
I worked for this company for 2 years as an instructor for their phlebotomy program. I learned to adapt to different teaching styles based on how students learn.
Miller-Motte College
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 27, 2015
Miller-Motte College is a great place to work. It is a professional environment where everyone is working hard to help students!! My co-workers there worked as a cohesive team. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people change their lives!!
Enjoyable work environment focused on Student Development
Director of Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 21, 2014
Student centric approach to higher education. I like that this company values not only education of students in the classroom but also education of Financial Aid that students take out to attend school. They have small classes and focus with a hands on approach.
Has a lot of ups and downs
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 30, 2014
Making phone calls setting appointments, Interviewing students, touring the campus, assisting with the Financial Aid process, enrolling students, following up on current and past students, creating personally developed leads, meetings, IM's, helping others, emails, texts, and more phone calls, data entry, and more phone calls.
Most difficult and disappointing aspect is when a student enrolls but does not follow through with their educational needs and goals.
Love helping students, especially when they come to me if any problems arise.
Pros
meeting new people, helping others, good co-workers
Cons
unproductive phone calls, no show students, students that want to cancel
Sales driven organization that recognizes excellence
Sr. Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Phone calls and interviews are the keys to success. Learned excellent time management and was trusted to manage individual student files. Co-workers/management acted as a team which alleviated job related stress.
Creative enviroment
HIgh School Presenter (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 26, 2014
No micro management, let you design your own work day.
CampusVue Program
PowerPoint Presentations
3 or 4 bosses
Co-workers that felt like they were competing for job
No set schedule m-f
family like environment
Pros
events
Cons
weak management
terrible place to work
olc (Former Employee) –  ncAugust 5, 2014
This is the worst job I ever had! Terrible management, low pay, long hours, benefits are not very good. The only good thing is the coworkers and some of the students. Students are allowed to run the school and are held to very low standards. Unprepared students who are not college material are let in the keep numbers up. Faculty and staff are then blamed when they fail. Management will pretend to care about students and employees. All they care about is money.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management, hours, pay, benefits, parking, faculty development sessions
Loved teaching and watching my students grow professionally.
Program Director Paralegal Studies (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 7, 2014
I generally taught two morning classes in either the Paralegal or Criminal Justice curriculum starting at 8:30 a.m. until 12:20 p.m. I had office hours which ranged from 12:30-3:00 p.m. I would meet with students who had questions after class or counsel students who were having personal problems and contemplating dropping out. We typically had faculty meetings at 3:00 p.m. every Wednesday, but if it wasn't Wednesday I would go to lunch around 3:00 p.m. Return to the building at 4:00 p.m. to begin preparation for my night classes, which started at 6:00 p.m. and ended at 10:00 p.m. As the Director, I was responsible for training my staff, scheduling students, handling disciplinary problems, advising student clubs, conducting retention seminars, documenting contact with any student who missed class, finding externship sites, over site of placement of students at externship sites and teaching at least 4 classes each term.
The hardest part of my job was completing administrative work, i.e. grading papers, making tests, entering grades. I often took work home because office hours were utilized making reports, counseling students, or planning events.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my students succeed.
Pros
working with the students
Cons
lack of organizational management
Productive fun place to work.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 11, 2014
Family oriented work environment that catered to the community in which we served. Goal driven to change futures and lives of those in need of better opportunities, careers, and life-styles. Very good company to work for when overall team goals are met.
Pros
team outings, free lunches, great benefits, and good pay.
Cons
micromanagement, and high tuition for most programs offered.
Tutor
TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 30, 2014
Working as a tutor, I loved the job and it not only helped me to teach other people but it helped me review.