Miller-motte College

Miller-motte College Employer Reviews

Creative enviroment
HIgh School Presenter (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: events
Cons: weak management
No micro management, let you design your own work day.
CampusVue Program
PowerPoint Presentations
3 or 4 bosses
Co-workers that felt like they were competing for job
No set schedule m-f
family like environment
terrible place to work
olc (Former Employee), ncAugust 5, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management, hours, pay, benefits, parking, faculty development sessions
This is the worst job I ever had! Terrible management, low pay, long hours, benefits are not very good. The only good thing is the coworkers and some of the students. Students are allowed to run the school and are held to very low standards. Unprepared students who are not college material are let in the keep numbers up. Faculty and staff are then blamed – more... when they fail. Management will pretend to care about students and employees. All they care about is money. – less
Loved teaching and watching my students grow professionally.
Program Director Paralegal Studies (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: working with the students
Cons: lack of organizational management
I generally taught two morning classes in either the Paralegal or Criminal Justice curriculum starting at 8:30 a.m. until 12:20 p.m. I had office hours which ranged from 12:30-3:00 p.m. I would meet with students who had questions after class or counsel students who were having personal problems and contemplating dropping out. We typically had faculty – more... meetings at 3:00 p.m. every Wednesday, but if it wasn't Wednesday I would go to lunch around 3:00 p.m. Return to the building at 4:00 p.m. to begin preparation for my night classes, which started at 6:00 p.m. and ended at 10:00 p.m. As the Director, I was responsible for training my staff, scheduling students, handling disciplinary problems, advising student clubs, conducting retention seminars, documenting contact with any student who missed class, finding externship sites, over site of placement of students at externship sites and teaching at least 4 classes each term.
The hardest part of my job was completing administrative work, i.e. grading papers, making tests, entering grades. I often took work home because office hours were utilized making reports, counseling students, or planning events.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my students succeed. – less
Productive fun place to work.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: team outings, free lunches, great benefits, and good pay.
Cons: micromanagement, and high tuition for most programs offered.
Family oriented work environment that catered to the community in which we served. Goal driven to change futures and lives of those in need of better opportunities, careers, and life-styles. Very good company to work for when overall team goals are met.
Tutor
TUTOR (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 30, 2014
Working as a tutor, I loved the job and it not only helped me to teach other people but it helped me review.
Miller Motte
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 28, 2014
 Provide information to students regarding financial aid program requirements and procedures.
 Accept financial aid applications, forms; review for completeness, accuracy; verify information reported on student applications to determine eligibility for awards.
 Maintain a close working relationship with Enrollment Services, Registrar's Office, and – more... other college personnel.
 Receives, disburses, and records tuition fee payments and cash receipts.
 Collects deposits and registration fees from students.
 Provide exemplary customer service by going the extra mile for the customer. – less
Friendly environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 9, 2014
Great environment, great learning experience. Love my coworkers and interaction with students. I enjoy being the receptionist and I love how they are always open to new ideas and willing to take the time out and listen.
Great Company to Work for
Motivational Speaker/Marketing Adviser (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 12, 2014
I truly enjoy working at Miller-Motte College. I am just looking at moving to the West Coast. The management team is extremely insightful and supportive. My job is to do motivational speaking in the high schools throughout the Eastern portion of NC.
I was very blessed to be apart of such a proffessional team
Assistant Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: customer service is a hard job but no ladder moves
I was not only employed there for almost five years but I was given so many opportunities to excel and grow, within the employment time I was able to go to school and be reimbursed, raises, an amazing family atmosphere.
School Related Place
Federal Work-Study Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 2, 2014
Work study program that allowed me to work while I was in school. While working I maintain alphanumeric filing system, receive and file incoming letters and documents, assist with Career Services departmental events and projects. Co-workers very friendly and helpful.
Busy and energetic place to work
Records Clerk (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 6, 2013
Pros: benefits are good, work environments is great. like the people i work with.
Cons: more work than a person can do in a day, which can also be a pro.
So much to and so little time. Day passes quickly with the amount of work to do. Have learned different computer programs which I enjoy. Use computers to do bank deposits, invoices, clock hours, create spreadsheets, entering student information. Always more to learn, and always willing to learn. I love what I do and enjoy communicating with students.
This is a HORRIBLE place to work!
employee (Former Employee), Greenville NCJuly 31, 2013
Cons: they will work you to death and then throw you to the wolves! miserable work enviroment
There is not support for upper management. This place is completely ghetto and unorganized. There are never any perks or rewards of compensation for doing a good job. They are numbers driven and if one departments numbers are not right the whole campus suffers. Turn over rate for students and employees are HUGE! NOBODY STAYS! Students are miserable – more... and feel like they are being ripped off. They don't have there full accreditations for the Medical department. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. – less
Not a fun place to work
Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee), NCJuly 5, 2013
Culture and morale was lacking. The campus spent too much time focusing on what was best for the school and enrollment team and not on what is best for the students.
Wonderful collaboration between library and faculty/staff
Head Librarian (Former Employee), Cary, NCJune 15, 2013
Pros: open communication between faculty and library personnel
Cons: short breaks
Truly a great group of co-workers that were dedicated to the success of their students and the employers that would be hiring our students.
Benefits of online classes
Student (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 26, 2013
Verry Good school for those who are not able to attend classroom lesson
Good place to start, not a career
Program Director - Medical Assisting Program (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 19, 2013
Long hours and they expect more. Hard to have a positive work/life balance.
Learn a great deal from my classes
Dean List (Former Employee), greenville NCMarch 20, 2013
Pros: very helpful changing
Cons: staff is not knowledge
while attending miller motte, it has had it 's up and downs. Great teaching enviroment
Lots of chance to make an impact; workload too heavy
Director of Education (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 7, 2013
Pros: people are nice, opportunity to advance, chance to learn, help from above
Cons: very very low pay, long hours, no administrative support
When I worked at MMC there was a lot of opportunity to make decisions and I enjoyed that. I felt I had a lot of freedom in the classroom and I felt that I had a lot of ability to make changes when I was in a leadership role at the campus.

However, there is no administrative support and you have to do all of your own stuff. This is a big problem for – more... me and I felt that the workload is overwhelming. There were many times I was there until 11pm or midnight working. Every week I took work home with me to do.

I left when I found a job that paid me almost 40% more for the same job. The pay is pretty low for teachers, program directors, and directors of education. The workload is not less, compared to other proprietary education schools either.

I will say I had the opportunity to advance here, and I will always be thankful for that. I also learned a lot and had a lot of chances to learn while I was here, and I am also thankful for that. All in all, if you are committed to proprietary education I think this is not a bad place to actually work. The people are nice and the environment is nice.

I don't know if any proprietary education environment allows for work-life balance. – less
Awesome
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 27, 2013
Faculty ans staff were amazing and a joy to be around. They made learning fun and met you where u were. I learned how to make copies and sort mail and interact with fellow students on an employee level
fun place to work
WORK STUDY STUDENT/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 14, 2013
like working with the different teachers and the students, it was fun