Miller-Motte Technical College Employee Reviews

Great team here at MMTC
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 14, 2017
Great team players. MMTC cares for student Need to have more pay raises for employees. MMTC is dedicated to providing quality education to the public.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
no raises
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 7, 2017
Busy day to day doing clerical work. Filing sensitive information daily for students and staff members. Alphabetizing, cleaning, and organizing necessary files.
Was a great place to work
Part-time instructor, General Education (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 25, 2017
I enjoyed my years as an adjunct instructor. Faculty were always willing to help.
Management was helpful
The hardest part of the job keeping students focused
Most enjoyable- working with the students and being a part of their education
Pros
workable schedule
Cons
no breaks, the syllabus did not allow enough time.
Great student body and faculty.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNJanuary 23, 2017
I really enjoy working with my instructors and the entire faculty here at the Madison Tn. Miller-Motte Technical
College campus. I am especially proud of the hard work expressed by the student body.
Central Location
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed the one on one with instructors. The admin department were very helpful when needed. The schedules allowed extra study time and made tutoring times easy to acquire.
Pros
Close to places for lunch
Cons
Classes were spaced apart
I really enjoy working here.
Work Study Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 26, 2016
I assist students with there projects and any issues with their internet searches. I also oversee all the daily operation of the library. I have three associates that I supervises as well.
Pros
interacting with the students.
Cons
System problems with school data base.
Fun Place to Work
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 19, 2016
Great working with students and staff, wish their was more opportunity for professional development and advancement.
Not the worst place I've ever worked, but certainly not a lot to recommend it
Roanoke - general education math teacher (Former Employee) –  Ronaoke, VASeptember 25, 2016
On-site management is quick to point out that instructors are replaceable. Most employees are part-time, so if this is a supplemental job, it's pretty good pay for a few hours each evening. The corporate office sets grades and weights; I feel the weights are unrealistic and cause many students to fail. Management expects instructors to phone students at every absence, to keep detailed records of grades and assignments, to be responsible for things that students in a state-run college do for themselves (such as keeping finished tests) and to document EVERY INTERACTION with a student. It's a lot of outside time.

On the upside, staff are friendly and helpful; everyone is concerned about each other and form friendships.
Pros
pretty good pay for the number of hours actually teaching
Cons
lots of outside time spent on the phone, planning (unpaid, ) grading, and records-keeping
Productive and fun place to work
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 15, 2016
The one thing I loved about my job there was helping the students and boosting their confidence while teaching them the necessary skills they needed to complete each class.
Pros
Positive influence on the students
Cons
Hours I could work were cut
Business is getting smaller as the days go buy
MASSAGE RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 17, 2016
Typical days are usually okay, but management does not not keep up moral and you will never get a raise. There is no way advance in this company. It wasn't always this way though.
Pros
Fun events, catered lunches on occasion
Cons
No raises, no job security
CFHC Community based Healthcare
Advisory Board Member (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 30, 2016
Extremely strong connection to the surrounding community. Made a great deal of effort attempting to connect with the underserved community. The 10 clinical settings provided the following services: Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Dental, and Optometry services.
Pros
Community based service that provided healthcare to the underserved.
Cons
Several areas that could have been streamlined.
Positive and encouraging work environent
Medical Assisting Instructor & Extern Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, msJuly 28, 2016
i have student interaction everday. My coworkers are encouraging and inspiring. My superiors are very supportive. My students challenge me daily
Pros
family environment
Cons
closing camous
I learned a lot
Student Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 29, 2016
Great school and worked with excellent staff I learned a lot about therapeutic massage and trigger points would love to do it all again
On the Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 2, 2016
Working at MMTC was not a hard job. You may hear me repeat this again, but working there was all about professionalism. I handled the assignments that were given to me in the fashion that they were supposed to be and my work was always done on time, if not sooner. The management was fine, they saw that I handled my business efficiently and professionally. I was basically working by myself, I didn't have any co-workers.
Great Experience!
Allied Health Program Director (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 23, 2016
Over the past 6 years I've learned so much about the education system and curriculum writing. I love teaching and getting to know my students. MMTC was a great starting point.
Pros
great staff, students are great
Cons
salary, always 40+ hours
Great place to help adults learn
Lead faculty (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 25, 2016
Students are eager to learn and do well in the classroom, highly motivated work place, great technology and new building, teachers and staff truly care about the students being successful and employed. Fun atmosphere and very family like. A lot of community involvement and activities on campus to keep things exciting.
Pros
New building, eager student body, activities
Cons
Long classes
A great fit.
Assistant Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2016
Education has been a wonderful career fit for me, and I thoroughly enjoy applying my years of engineering experience to the development of new programs - and the technical career development of the college's students. The educational environment at MMTC has been a very rewarding one for me.
Work/Study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed being a work/study student. I was able to use some skills as far as filing, answering phones, directing students, and providing assistance to all departments.
great leadership
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 31, 2016
Everyone seems to work together from Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar and of course the Director of Education and Campus Director. Always willing to work around your schedule!! Work part-time or full time!
Miller-Motte Technical College
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 24, 2016
I loved going to school and learning what needed to be taught during my MOA program. The administrative team is very supportive as well as all the teachers and staff. Excellent College!!!
Pros
Computer effecient, and available problem solving skills available
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller-Motte Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

88%