Miller-Motte Technical College

Miller-Motte Technical College Employer Reviews

Great Team
Admissions Representative/Student Support (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 1, 2014
Excited to come to work everyday
Fun environment while having a great well accomplished day
Great school
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 31, 2014
great teachers
hands on
small classes
one-on-one with teachers if needed
safe school enviroment
horrible school
Work Study Student (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 8, 2014
dont recommend anyone going to this school. they are way to expensive.
A company that gives you the experience in teaching working Adults
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 5, 2014
The atmosphere is very pleasant and customer service is at it's best at Miller-motte. Co-workers are always friendly and supervisors are always there to support, guide, and lead you.
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Conway, SCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: pay
Good environment, friendly staff. Everyone works together well, good communication.
Enjoyable and educational
Student Mentor (Former Employee), Conway, South CarolinaNovember 25, 2013
Each day was different depending on the needs of the students that I was assisting. Some days were much busier than others, especially when it came close to time for finals and time for projects. Each student that I helped had different needs, strengths and weaknesses, and I had to learn to adapt to these quickly. It also helped me to strong in my area – more... of study as well. I truly enjoyed my job even on the toughest days. – less
Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Roanoke, VANovember 25, 2013
Pros: upward mobility
Educate adult students. Please see resume. I enjoy seeing student graduate and knowing I had a part in the goal.
Rewarding career, stressful if allowed to be.
Re-Entry Coordinator (Current Employee), Macon, GAOctober 12, 2013
Cons: micromanagement
Cubicle work with large portion of day spent calling poor quality leads.
Customer service and attentiveness will bring you success, not a solid sales background.
Management are hounded by corporate to produce, trickles down the line significantly, better management would result in a much better working environment.
Working with professionals whom usually – more... come from very different backgrounds.
Hardest part of job is dealing with individuals whom abuse the system of Financial Aid and our educational system. Check Chasers are a drain on any institution and to all students whom are seeking education for the right reasons.
Most enjoyable part of job, enrolling a student, watching them grow and learn a new trade, seeing them obtain gainful employment, and getting to be at their graduation ceremony! Absolutely amazing feeling to be a part of someone bettering their future! – less
My experience with Miller Motte had been wonderful
Volunteer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: getting to meet new students when the semester was over
Cons: there was not any everyday was a new experience
As a striving Medical Assistant I have got to learn medical teminology, documentation skills, attention to detail and organization skills in the healthcare field treating the patient with humbleness and care. Took leadership into supervising advanced with complex vitals such as blood pressure and venipuntures, CPR certified, knowledgeable of operating – more... EKG.The challenges of Miller Motte was leaving the school because I felt like they were family. – less
student a MMTC
massage therapy student (Former Employee), Conway, SCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: hands on learning instructors that care
Great instructors great school! there was always a helping hand and tutoring available to all students which made college fun and exciting it made you want to come to class and work hard.
Temporary
Adjunct Mathematics Professor (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 9, 2013
Pros: freedom, adult learners
Cons: adjunct position, no benifits, no stability
This teaching position allowed me a lot of frreedom, I loved it! I did not have to worry about lesson plans being correct format and spi's & tpi's. I was giving a text book and told to start on page one and go from there. So easy! I could teach any way I choice, adjusted when necessary. No one hovered behind me, no hidden cameras. My students were responsible – more... for their own work/actions. If a student became unruly, I was able to have that student leave the classroom withouth needing to contact the front office or a parent. I really enjoyed this position. The only downside was that this was an adjunt position, so once they didn't need me anymore, they let me go. The salary was $1000 per class. – less
Just a job, no support!!
Medical Assistant Program Director (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJuly 31, 2013
Pros: small classes, decent pay
Cons: management, morals, long hours= no respect or recognition
I have worked at the Gulfport, MS campus since 2011, two months after the doors opened. I am very passionate about my craft and went above and beyond to create a great program. It took for the accreditation board to see my work and advise the poor management team that I was doing a lot of work and should be promoted to Program Director. I implemented – more... alot of resourceful links into the program and expected a lot from my students.

Management is VERY poor. I was asked to give a grade to try and help a student pass. They way the management/corporation is set up is failing our future healthcare providers. They care more about the money and numbers rather than producing a quality product.

There were several days I was there before management and still there when they left. They do not recognize the greatness of the instructors. Instead, if you don't fit into their mold, you are a target!!

As for the students, they knew what was going on and many played into it.

Corporate dropped the entrance score so that more students would pass and enter into the very expensive programs.

Overall, this is simply a paycheck, there is no recognition, respect or morals involved anywhere in this campus' code of ethics. – less
Great educational alternative, fun work environment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMay 10, 2013
Pros: the pay
Cons: working every weekend
A typical day consisted of calling, interviewing and testing potential students. Making a difference in the lives of individuals who want to take the next step to a better future for themselves and their families.
I enjoyed working
Work Study Student (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 7, 2013
I really enjoyed working at the school and getting to know different students. Also i got to learn many differents things working and help out and many different departments of the campus.
Friendly environment and all smiles
Work Study (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCDecember 7, 2012
I enjoyed working at Miller-Motte. I got along great with the staff. What I learned has helped me in the career I have now.
Overall good school
Surgical Technology Instructor (Former Employee), N. CharlestonSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: loved to teach there
Cons: mangement
Miller-Motte like VC is a proprietary school therefore the emphasis is money a little more than student well being.
Family Oriented Corporation
Career Services (Current Employee), TNJuly 20, 2012
Pros: positively changing students lives
Cons: students that are only in school for a financial aid check
I arrive work at 9 a.m., start reviewing analysis to prepare for Regional VP calls, walk around to each Department Director to discuss current activity and concerns, meet with students that have issues and handle opportunities as they are elevated to me as the President. Education is a fun industry and I have thoroughly enjoyed directing our Miller-Motte – more... Technical College campus. My employees are awesome and I will miss them deeply. There hardest part about my job is removing a student from school because they can't pay, need to be removed for discipline issues or the student is default preventing to start school. The important mindset an executive must always keep in mind is the art of prioritization, which is the key to the success of Executive leaders. A leader can get into a bind if something is being coordinated that does not require completion for 2-weeks and there are requirements due in a week or less. The most enjoyable part of being a Campus President is handing a diploma to a student that has been through unimaginable challenges to pursue their goal of a degree and a better life for their Family. We share those experiences with our students and it can be a very emotion moment for everyone. – less
Admissions Rep = Sales
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 17, 2012
Pros: 9-6 mon-fri (some saturdays)
Typical day:

1. Walk in the office and check messages from people who you called the previous day.
2. Call back or call new leads.
3. Meet with leads that you set appointments with.
4. Call more leads.
5. When you run out of new leads to call, ask for a list of old leads.
6. If you enroll a lead, help them through the admissions process.
7. Call more – more... leads.
8. Call leads that enrolled before this day to make sure they still want to be students.
9. Call more leads. – less
Glorified Telemarketing
Recruiter (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 5, 2012
Pros: ok pay
Cons: bad mgt, work environment, 0 job security, mgt doesn't care about you.
You spend all day making calls. If you make 100 and talk to 10 you've done something. It's very boring. They also tend to fire a lot. They turn their staff over constantly. I was there 8 months and I watched 7 people either get run off or fired in that time frame. Management is weak, that's why they turn over so much. They won't waste their time training – more... you or helping you and it's a very luck of the draw type of recruiting job. Your coworkers are also allowed to steal your sales leads and it's encouraged. They pay you just enough to hang around but if you have one or two bad enrollment periods no matter what you've done prior you're fired. There are also other things I wouldn't write here that go on. I would NEVER recommend anyone work there as a recruiter. – less
excellent company to work for
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Conway, SCMarch 1, 2012
Pros: great environment, rewarding and excellent co-workers
Cons: wish there were more locations around the midwest
I enjoyed everything about my time at Miller Motte. There is nothing more rewarding than to see the contributions you are making in real time. The management team is excellent and very supportive. There is continued growth and endless opportunities to advance.

About Miller-Motte Technical College

Gryphon Investors is on the hunt for hidden treasures among middle market companies. The private equity firm pursues investments – Read more