Miller-Motte Technical College Employee Reviews

working for Miller-Motte
Student Admissions (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed being a student at Miller-Motte. I became the first president at the school elected by my class. After graduating I started working in admission until I started working in my field of Massage Therapy.
Pros
dealing with everyone at the school
Cons
leaving
Great environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 14, 2017
its a great place to work, i love helping people, but some people care less then others about the students. if people actually worried more about why students are failing instead of working about other employees it might make a difference in someones life.
Cons
healthcare, no pto
MMTC has been a wonderful part of my life for the past 15 years
CNA/Phlebotomy Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2017
Miller-Motte Technical College has been a major part of my life since 2002. I have held several positions and watched the company change many times over the past years. The students come first and foremost on a daily basis. We are compliant in every way and we do not take short cuts. Our staff and faculty truly love our students and we go out of our way on a daily basis to ensure their success.

The best part of our job is the student relationships. The hardest part is when a student cannot complete their program and there is nothing we can do to help a situation.

The school does everything possible to see that each student graduates from his/her program and secures employment in their chosen field.
Pros
People centered, friendly, nice campus and work facility
Cons
Never enough from employees
Medical Assisting and Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg and Roanoke, VAOctober 12, 2017
I really loved working there. I was there for 10 years and planned to stay longer. Sadly, the corporate office made the decision to close our campus down.
productive
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 4, 2017
Teaching is not something to just pay the bills. It’s not a profession where you count down the hours left in the day. It’s a career, but it’s still much more than that. As an instructor, you’re leaving a lasting legacy on the world by providing love and support to students. You’re giving them the tools to live happy and productive lives.
OK place to work
Instructor/Program Director (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 19, 2017
Ok place to work. Management good. Good benefits and pay. Room for advancement. Dealt with the education of students and other student issues. I would recommend this entity.
I enjoyed working there
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 11, 2017
It was a very good place to work. I enjoyed the overall atmosphere and I saw advancement. I was very comfortable at MMTC the administration needed work
Pros
hours
Term of Service
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Help people get a good start in their careers, thru education.

Learned people skills, networking, team work, developed counseling skills.

Enjoyed graduation.

Didn't like people giving up.

Our department was close to each other, and backed each other up, which was good.

Hardest part was lack of marketing budget to accomplish what was expected.

We lost job, because school lost accreditation and closed their doors without warning.
Pros
People, Reps, co-workers
Cons
pay, disrespect, poor insurance coverage
Great students but the management was not consistent
Student Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 3, 2017
The campus director was not a woman of her word. She would say one thing then do another. The Director of Education at the time was the person who was really running the show. It was as if the CD had other things on the mind. At times she would undermine and belittle the DOE in front of students.
great company
Student Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 31, 2017
This is a great company to work for. A friendly and family oriented staff. Best group of people that I ever worked with. The work that we did was fulfilling, because of the lives we were able to change for the better.
Work Study Position
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 29, 2017
This was a great learning opportunity as well as an opportunity to gain experience. It worked great with my school schedule. Majority of the staff was great to work with.
Awesome place to work and influence young minds
Science Professor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 8, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with the students and actually getting through to them. Sometimes, the students don't realize how the information relates to them in their real life, so I enjoy connecting the dots.
Pros
Students, the environment and helping with student events
Cons
The cons would be not having enough time to personally connect with each student.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 27, 2017
Extensive experience working with students and scheduling appointments, Management is great easy to get along with. I learned alot about the esthetics field.
Pros
Free Facials
Cons
DIdnt pay enough
Online Teaching
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 16, 2017
A typical day is checking into class and communicating with students through Moodle messenger, email and Google Hangouts. I teach a diverse group of students and learn something from each of them as I hope they learn something from me. The hardest part of the job is having students that do not apply themselves despite all the tools given to them to succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of so many people's lives and being able to make a difference.
Pros
working from home
Cons
Only working part-time
Not a great employer.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 29, 2017
I am less than ecstatic about my employment with Miller-Motte. They assigned me classes to teach that no one else wanted, and that I did not feel qualified to teach. The lady in charge of financial aid pulled people from my class during class sessions to suspend them from classes due to issues with financial aid. Students and instructors were not treated with respect by the administrators and other instructors. Credits were not transferable for the students, even if they went to another school owned by the same system. Cost were too high. Programs too short for students for long term learning, rather than short term just to pass the exams.
Respiratory Therapy Clinical Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 20, 2017
My favorite part of the job is working with students and seeing them become successful as graduate respiratory therapists. I feel like every class I teach, I learn something new.
Good experience
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 16, 2017
MMTC provided a great education to students that made it all the way through the programs. They offered as much support and help with job placement as they could for the students.

As an admissions representative, my job was to enroll as many students as possible. I liked my job and felt like I was helping students that were not able to attend traditional college to obtain an employable skill.
variety of work
Work Study Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 30, 2017
I filed charts, helped organize meetings and events, found part time jobs for students, help decorate the school for events and holidays. When we would have functions such as the job fair I help with that
Pros
worked where I went to college at
Cons
Stayed at school 15 plus hours with working so many hours a day and then having night classes
Horrible place to work
Allied Health Program DirectorProgram Director (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 24, 2017
Worst place to work. They all are cut throats, backstabbing group of people that don't care to knock you down and step all over you to get what they want. Supervisors are two faced and will lie on you to cover up their stupitity.
Pros
A job
Cons
Low pay, long hours, and no respect
education
Interim Director of Education (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 18, 2017
Good opportunity for new instructors to determine if you can thrive in a fast paced adult education/ higher learning environment. The students are committed to succeed as many have already been exposed to a culture of low pay and minimal benefits without a degree and are committed to grow.
Pros
education
Cons
understaffed