Miller Pipeline LLC Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2016
This is one of the worst places to work. They are extremely unprofessional when it comes to dealing with their employees. They have some of the worst benefits I have ever seen and they treat their employees like dirt. The union is pro-management and unwilling to help the employees when the employees need it most. They are quick to suspend a new person for one week for damages that caused less than $1,000, but a person that has been there for 5 years, with much more training, that causes $12,000 in damages only gets suspended for 2 days. There is no rhyme or reason for their disciplinary actions. It's pointless to put in a two weeks notice because they don't let you finish out your two weeks, they text you to tell you won't be needed the remainder of that time. Most of the people I came into contact with had nothing good to say about this place. I quickly found out that it wasn't as great as I was lead to believe. The work environment is very hostile and toxic.
Pros
Decent pay rate
Cons
Unprofessional; benefits; union pro-management; disciplinary actions
Overall Good
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSNovember 4, 2016
Good company to get started with. Would have stayed longer if the hours were guaranteed. Got a higher job title but didn't get the pay raise until three months later.
Benefits
Cons
Pay raises
we got the job down i am a team player
Head grounds man (Former Employee) –  Tarrant, ALOctober 19, 2016
It was a good job just did not have really good benefits for me and my family. No sicks day,or payed vacation. There was no real room to grow at this company.It taught me a lot that I my use my skills for something better
Paperwork oriented position with some field work. Overall average place to work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIOctober 25, 2016
Most days were spent doing paperwork. Rest of the time was surveying and marking locations in the field. I learned quite a bit about pipe layout in my short time there. Management was pretty much non existent until there was a problem. Most co-workers were good people to work with, helpful and polite. The hardest part of the job was learning to do the paperwork initially. After a few weeks it became much easier. Most enjoyable part of the job was surveying and laying out jobs in the field.
Pros
Paid travel expenses, good combination of inside and outside work
Cons
Small office, travel time, office environment
Good atmosphere for the type of work
Vacuum Excavator Laborer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 14, 2016
Great company to work for in the natural gas industry. There was a lot of work and being there you get plenty of hands on opportunity. Working outside in the weather usually makes for a long day but being safe was the main priority. Crews were always stocked and had proper tools. Not much room for job growth in long term although they do have good wages.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Advancement
they don't layoff
operator 3 (Former Employee) –  pearl,msAugust 12, 2016
co-workers were cool, there was no hard work. when it rains tho u only get paid the hours you are out there. management was good. i learned alot about dealing with live gas and etc.
Pros
its a job
Cons
insurance not good
No advancement and no vacation or holiday pay.
Laborer/operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2016
I started working with the sewer crew in hopes of moving up at this company, but have been told on several occasions that there are no others positions that I can transfer to. Its a little disparaging when I know that with my management and willingness to learn it would benefit them.
I have learned to run the equipment that is used in this particular field and am well versed with its capabilities.

We work 10 hour days and occasionally Saturdays.

My teammates are great to work with never any issues there. I would have to say its the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
No vacation or holiday pay
Productive fun good people
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chester,VaDecember 16, 2013
A typical day starts at 6AM. And the crews start 7AM. I would check for anything obvious that is broken or damaged and make the proper repairs. Then when the crews show ask them if they had anything else that I missed. Once they go out to the field, I start working long tem projects I have going on and wait for calls from the field for repairs. I learned a lot as far as what they do and various and how it is done. I learned to deal with people and how read them better.
Management for the most part is great. Very supportive and helpful.
Very friendly and courteous.
My co workers are overall GREAT, friendly, courteous, helpful, and are like family.
The hardest part was always being outside all the time in the open , no mater what the conditions. Rain, heat, wind, snow.
The most enjoyable parts are the people and I enjoy what I do.
Pros
Exelent Pay/Benifits
Cons
All outside work no shelter
Alot of good guys to work with.
Directional Drill Foreman (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 11, 2016
Its a good company to work for, and would tell other people about them. The safety is very well looked at and is taken extremely serious.
Good company with good benefits but racist
Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2016
Minorities do not advance specially latinos. They will bring their families with no experience and make them foreman instead of having a good worker advance just because of the ethnicity
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No spanish speaking in office to help operators that doesn't speak English
great people
Pipeline Construction Technician (Current Employee) –  Beach, NDMay 8, 2015
Fantastic company to work for. Great pay benefits, training and advancement. Great people to work with friendly atmosphere.
Pros
great pay
Cons
travel
Great Job! Hard when you have family!
Foreman (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 5, 2013
You work in different states! If you have a family it get hard. It's a wonderful company to work for!
Pros
Good compensation, Insurance
Cons
Away from family
Productive company with excelent benefits
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2016
A typical day of work we are video surveying sewer lines and using cure in place sewer liners to line the existing clay sewer mains. The hardest part of the job is when we are working in city easements and having to carry steam hose and other material to the manholes. The most enjoyable part of the job is being outdoors.
Cons
traveling and being away from your family
nice job needs better management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2013
Was laid off and never called back. Enjoyed working there, great pay and benefits
Very busy organization
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bladensburg, MDMarch 14, 2016
Fast past job setting. Lots of task to complete. Learned other duties as well as my own. Loved interation with all employees. Very hands on responsibilities.
Pros
QUARTERLY ACTIVITIES
Cons
SHORT LUNCH BREAKS
Been a great 20 years
foreman (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2016
This is a great place to work, I have been blessed to get to work with so many great guys. The CEOs are just like the workers, down to earth bunch,although a big company i was always called by my name, not a number.im just wanting to relocate to somerset ky.
Pros
new equipment, all tools supplied to do the job
Cons
cant say anything that was bad
Does not CARE about family
laborer (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 27, 2013
I'm sure after reading this you might doubt that I like my job, but I do. There a just a few things that frustrate and confuses me. Unfortunately, for a laborer you only get paid when you work which I know you have to work to get paid, but most companies offer paid time off. NO paid holidays, NO paid vacations and if you "rain out" you do not get paid. I understand that there is a large turn over, but for employees that have been with the company for over 10 years, one would think they would want to reward those employees. I work hard. I would love to take a vacation, but with a family it's hard
Constantly changing where we are working, short notice. Not caring if you have a family at home. Having to drive 2+ hours to your work site when there are crews very close to your home. To me that doesn't make sense. They pay for employees to stay at motels when they have a large distance to travel, why not try and locate their employees closer to home that would save the company money I would think.
I was laid off for a week then brought back on and was working 10 hours a day. Don't get me wrong the OT was great! but if there was so much work why lay off in the first place?
I've been here 10+ years, RARELY miss any time. Almost never sick, do not take time off. I do my job. I know what I'm doing, but I am still a laborer who keeps getting promises of something more.
Pros
good pay
Cons
traveling, no paid time off, horrible management
Great Company
Accounting Admin. (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2014
The management really helps you to learn what you are doing. Training is hands-on. Open door policy works great here. The co-workers are very friendly and answer questions without getting annoyed, something that is very rare in any work environment. Great company for interns and full-time employees
Pros
Hands-on valuable training, open door policy, great management
Cons
needs improvement in advancement opportunities, group projects minimalistic
productive, great hours, great benefits
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Steelton, PANovember 30, 2015
typical work days was at least 8 hours, sometimes longer. I learned to repair, maintain, and put new natural gas lines in, management was very nice, co workers most easy to work with, jackhammering, working on gas lines
my experience
Pipeline Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 26, 2012
Have been a foremen for 20 yrs been with company 22 years. Have had many good experiences,and bad. Very much enjoyed working with upper management in learning thru these years. I feel that i have alot to offer as a dedicated employee with many skills. Millerpipeline has been a part of my life half my life, it was a bitter sweet moment when i was let go. I have enjoyed working for Miller all these years, i have many skills to carry me further thanks to Millerpipeline.
Pros
very great company to work for
Cons
not enough osha training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller Pipeline LLC. Our community is ready to answer.