MILLER PIPELINE Employee Reviews in United States

productive, great hours, great benefits
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Steelton, PANovember 30, 2015
typical work days was at least 8 hours, sometimes longer. I learned to repair, maintain, and put new natural gas lines in, management was very nice, co workers most easy to work with, jackhammering, working on gas lines
Productive company with excelent benefits
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2016
A typical day of work we are video surveying sewer lines and using cure in place sewer liners to line the existing clay sewer mains. The hardest part of the job is when we are working in city easements and having to carry steam hose and other material to the manholes. The most enjoyable part of the job is being outdoors.
Cons
traveling and being away from your family
Been a great 20 years
foreman (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2016
This is a great place to work, I have been blessed to get to work with so many great guys. The CEOs are just like the workers, down to earth bunch,although a big company i was always called by my name, not a number.im just wanting to relocate to somerset ky.
Pros
new equipment, all tools supplied to do the job
Cons
cant say anything that was bad
Very busy organization
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bladensburg, MDMarch 14, 2016
Fast past job setting. Lots of task to complete. Learned other duties as well as my own. Loved interation with all employees. Very hands on responsibilities.
Pros
QUARTERLY ACTIVITIES
Cons
SHORT LUNCH BREAKS
Great for self-starters
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 14, 2015
Management is not breathing over your shoulder. Once you have a task it is your responsibility to manage your time and get it done.
great people
Pipeline Construction Technician (Current Employee) –  Beach, NDMay 8, 2015
Fantastic company to work for. Great pay benefits, training and advancement. Great people to work with friendly atmosphere.
Pros
great pay
Cons
travel
Not a bad place to work
Laborer, pipefitter, driver (Former Employee) –  4990 Scioto Darby Road Hilliard, Ohio 43026October 15, 2015
Working for this company was very fast paced and pipeline is a dangerous job, I laid pipe, and fit pipe for Columbia Gas. Got pipeline certifications for different sized pipe. Enjoyed working with the supervisor and crew I worked with.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Hard Work
Productive fun good people
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chester,VaDecember 16, 2013
A typical day starts at 6AM. And the crews start 7AM. I would check for anything obvious that is broken or damaged and make the proper repairs. Then when the crews show ask them if they had anything else that I missed. Once they go out to the field, I start working long tem projects I have going on and wait for calls from the field for repairs. I learned a lot as far as what they do and various and how it is done. I learned to deal with people and how read them better.
Management for the most part is great. Very supportive and helpful.
Very friendly and courteous.
My co workers are overall GREAT, friendly, courteous, helpful, and are like family.
The hardest part was always being outside all the time in the open , no mater what the conditions. Rain, heat, wind, snow.
The most enjoyable parts are the people and I enjoy what I do.
Pros
exelent pay/benifits
Cons
all outside work no shelter
Miller
Natural Gas Labor (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 22, 2015
The people are all there to work. The pay was great, and management was straightforward and direct. If something was out of line it was addressed, and then a solution was made. The work allowed for breaks, and the other labors were all hard workers, and very encouraging.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks, good staff
Good place to work with good people.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 16, 2015
Miller was a nice place to work but the people I worked with is what I really liked about the place. The atmosphere was always uplifting and joyful for the most part. A typical day would consist of going out and installing natural gas mains. The management was pretty laid back but expected us to keep production up.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Didnt have a passion for it
Great Company
Accounting Admin. (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2014
The management really helps you to learn what you are doing. Training is hands-on. Open door policy works great here. The co-workers are very friendly and answer questions without getting annoyed, something that is very rare in any work environment. Great company for interns and full-time employees
Pros
hands-on valuable training, open door policy, great management
Cons
needs improvement in advancement opportunities, group projects minimalistic
Does not CARE about family
laborer (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 27, 2013
I'm sure after reading this you might doubt that I like my job, but I do. There a just a few things that frustrate and confuses me. Unfortunately, for a laborer you only get paid when you work which I know you have to work to get paid, but most companies offer paid time off. NO paid holidays, NO paid vacations and if you "rain out" you do not get paid. I understand that there is a large turn over, but for employees that have been with the company for over 10 years, one would think they would want to reward those employees. I work hard. I would love to take a vacation, but with a family it's hard
Constantly changing where we are working, short notice. Not caring if you have a family at home. Having to drive 2+ hours to your work site when there are crews very close to your home. To me that doesn't make sense. They pay for employees to stay at motels when they have a large distance to travel, why not try and locate their employees closer to home that would save the company money I would think.
I was laid off for a week then brought back on and was working 10 hours a day. Don't get me wrong the OT was great! but if there was so much work why lay off in the first place?
I've been here 10+ years, RARELY miss any time. Almost never sick, do not take time off. I do my job. I know what I'm doing, but I am still a laborer who keeps getting promises of something more.
Pros
good pay
Cons
traveling, no paid time off, horrible management

Comment – April 6, 2013

I am a newcomer to miller pipeline, i have orientation in a week. I was wondering what pay the laborer scale is at? No vacation time at all? What are some of the good things about this company? i have been directional drilling for 2 years now. Im nervous and anxious with my decision on coming aboard the union train. Thanks Harley

my experience
Pipeline Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 26, 2012
Have been a foremen for 20 yrs been with company 22 years. Have had many good experiences,and bad. Very much enjoyed working with upper management in learning thru these years. I feel that i have alot to offer as a dedicated employee with many skills. Millerpipeline has been a part of my life half my life, it was a bitter sweet moment when i was let go. I have enjoyed working for Miller all these years, i have many skills to carry me further thanks to Millerpipeline.
Pros
very great company to work for
Cons
not enough osha training
safety oriented work place
Union Laborer (Current Employee) –  lancaster,pa.May 19, 2015
every job we do is different,get to see a lot of lancaster,dauphin,and lebanon counties.knowing these areas are a big part of the job.
Pros
steady work all year
Cons
jumping in and out of excavated holes all day long
very strict, always watching you
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIFebruary 26, 2013
this was not my favorite job, i thought it was something i would like, a day here was digging up old gas lines, and replacing with new ones, , i learned a few things that i will always keep with me, the management was tough, but as it sometimes is, i was able to deal with it, the co workers, weren't the best, as to why i wasn't happy there either, the hardest part of the job, was ripping up the old pipes by hand,, there really wasn't a enjoyable part,, i really wasn't happy there,
natural gas work
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Yoe, PADecember 29, 2013
laying gas main. learned how to operate a back hoe, and put gas pipe together. management was very nice and help look for jobs for me to work in the off times. small crew mean you count on the other crew menber to help with safety and the job. jack hammering was the hardest thing to do until i got use to it. like evey part of the job if i didn't move i still would be their.
Pros
payed to work out
Cons
not much
Challenging, but fun at times.
Directional Boreing Foreman (Former Employee) –  8850 Crawfordsville Rd Indianapolis, InApril 5, 2013
Learned various installation and safety methods of installing pipe. Work with a diverse group of people, and different places. Hardest part of the job would be the hours at times, and the deadlines. the most enjoyable part would be never in the same place for too llong.
Pros
descent money
Cons
long hours at times
The work enviroment is typical for a distribution company.
Pipeline Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 17, 2015
A typical days starts around 5am and end around 7pm.The equipment is all newer and the keep maintenance up on everything.
Great Job! Hard when you have family!
Foreman (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 5, 2013
You work in different states! If you have a family it get hard. It's a wonderful company to work for!
Pros
good compensation, insurance
Cons
away from family
Lot of travel
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2013
Nice company to work for,safety comes first, good management.
Pros
union company
Cons
should give bigger bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MILLER PIPELINE. Our community is ready to answer.