Miller Valentine Group

Miller Valentine Group Employer Reviews

Great people to work with.
Senior Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: very nice building to work.
Cons: a huge amount of work.
I love the people I work with. I love the duties that I perform. It feels good to be part of a company that provides affordable living to people.
I also was able to work with people all around Ohio and other states.
Property Manager for a 96 unit apartment community.
Property Manager (Current Employee), Marion, OHJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: no properties in columbus area
I ran the day to day activities related to running a community. I completed daily all leasing and managerial duties in a one person office.
Great start off position
Community Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood, INDecember 30, 2013
As being the only office personnel at my location, I was in charge of all day to day operations. I loved the work that I did there. I truly came to love my residents and really tried all that I could help out when I could.
Good reputation, terrible management
Real Estate Accountant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, office location, my coworkers
Cons: my manager, lack of training, systems, lack of control
Everything that I heard during my interview with my future boss was pretty much a bold face lie. Not only was I recruited into the position with MVG from my previous employer, but was campaigned from another offer. After a week on the job, everything changed. The working environment within my department was quite hostile. Oddly enough, the hostility – more... did not come from my coworkers. It was very quickly noticed by everyone, not me until much later, that my manager hated me. My coworkers noticed immediately that the hostility my manger had for me was much different from the hostility she had for them. I had several meetings and a review stating how great I got along with the team and how quickly I was progressing, but I should ask my manager more questions. When I would inquire about time to go over questions, it was pushed aside as irrelevant to mound of work on her desk. Understandable? Definitely. Every question/project? Really? The manager would keep telling me I need to ask HIM/HER questions (she could not know how much I was "catching on" otherwise) but would not make herself available to answer ANY questions. After two or three months came the subtle threats to fire me if I did not direct more questions to the manager.

I did my job. I asked questions to my coworkers when the manager could not and would not answer questions directly related to training, my understanding, and my job. I kept my head down and did my best with what I was given.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager in charge of the department. When poking around to see if HR or the direct boss above her may be able to help, I was quickly told to keep my mouth shut. I finally went to HR and was let go the same day. Retaliation? Smart. Conveniently, Ohio is an "at will" state and no reason is need to let an employee go; I was given no reason.

The company itself has a great reputation within the Real Estate industry. Had I known about the company culture/environment, I would not have taken the job. Given the experience I had, I would not recommend the company for a young professional. It was not a great learning environment for someone with just a few years of experience and who is eager to learn/not afraid to inquire with questions. – less
Horrible place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee), Dayton OhioJuly 9, 2013
Cons: no job security and horrible upper management
Worry about losing your job/they fire a lot
Manager was micro manager who makes you feel small
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2012
Manager has problems with working with anyone but herself. Acts nice when you first start then it goes downhill from there.
Staff is a little rude
Grounds Keeper (Current Employee), Fairfield, OHOctober 22, 2012
Staff is rude. People rat others out to move up in the company. Work environment is good. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the co workers.
Good stepping stone in my career.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2012
Gained experince working on low income properties. Had new challenges every day.