Miller Valentine Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
You can find a better place to work
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Very racists company, no job security, nothing for the guy's doing the work. Wil make you work in unsafe conditions no matter what with no lights or anything.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
They have clicks
Great company & Mission Statement
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 18, 2017
My experience with MVG was very positive. The core values and mission statement are practiced daily.
I had the opportunity to manage single family homes as well as a senior living community and both were new experiences for me.
Pros
My supervisor was the most supportive leader in my entire experience.
Cons
I really needed a part time assistant but it just wasn't in the budget.
Good place to work but bad site supervisors
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 7, 2016
Plenty of work if you are willing to travel. Poor site supervisor. I found that they had little clicks and if you didn't fit in it didn't matter how hard you worked.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad supervision
Great people to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHNovember 13, 2015
Felt appreciated. Even though sometimes rushed, I was given time to complete my tasks. They wanted the job to be done right. Even received a card from the CEO when I left.
Great co-workers...terrible management
Prop Mangmt (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhSeptember 15, 2014
Plenty of great, helpful people there to work with. Management from top to bottom is terrible. Only matters if they like you. Ability, performance, attitude count for nothing. Management only cares about how good you make them look. They will protect people who have no ability if they like them. Only care about who you know so they can send them mailings. Refuse to discuss issues with individuals, rather handle issues as a department and reprimand everyone even if only one person's issue. They will tell you what you want to hear, but when time to deliver it to you, you will have done something wrong. Managers will go get their hair done during work hours and expect you to come in late or weekends because it fits better into their schedule.
Good company to work for
Groundskeeper/Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 5, 2014
A typical day included trash pick-up throughout common areas. Complete daily preventive maintenance. I came into this job with light service maintenance experiecnce and I can truly say that each day I learn something new and have gained more knowlege. The service and property mangers are great to work with. The service manager has been very patient and has taught me a lot.
Pros
Co-workers, residents, new skills
Cons
Part-time, insurance
Great people to work with.
Senior Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I love the people I work with. I love the duties that I perform. It feels good to be part of a company that provides affordable living to people.
I also was able to work with people all around Ohio and other states.
Pros
Very nice building to work.
Cons
A huge amount of work.
Property Manager for a 96 unit apartment community.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 5, 2014
I ran the day to day activities related to running a community. I completed daily all leasing and managerial duties in a one person office.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
no properties in Columbus area
Great start off position
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 30, 2013
As being the only office personnel at my location, I was in charge of all day to day operations. I loved the work that I did there. I truly came to love my residents and really tried all that I could help out when I could.
Good reputation, terrible management
Real Estate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2013
Everything that I heard during my interview with my future boss was pretty much a bold face lie. Not only was I recruited into the position with MVG from my previous employer, but was campaigned from another offer. After a week on the job, everything changed. The working environment within my department was quite hostile. Oddly enough, the hostility did not come from my coworkers. It was very quickly noticed by everyone, not me until much later, that my manager hated me. My coworkers noticed immediately that the hostility my manger had for me was much different from the hostility she had for them. I had several meetings and a review stating how great I got along with the team and how quickly I was progressing, but I should ask my manager more questions. When I would inquire about time to go over questions, it was pushed aside as irrelevant to mound of work on her desk. Understandable? Definitely. Every question/project? Really? The manager would keep telling me I need to ask HIM/HER questions (she could not know how much I was "catching on" otherwise) but would not make herself available to answer ANY questions. After two or three months came the subtle threats to fire me if I did not direct more questions to the manager.

I did my job. I asked questions to my coworkers when the manager could not and would not answer questions directly related to training, my understanding, and my job. I kept my head down and did my best with what I was given.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager in charge of the department. When poking around to see if HR or the direct
  more... boss above her may be able to help, I was quickly told to keep my mouth shut. I finally went to HR and was let go the same day. Retaliation? Smart. Conveniently, Ohio is an "at will" state and no reason is need to let an employee go; I was given no reason.

The company itself has a great reputation within the Real Estate industry. Had I known about the company culture/environment, I would not have taken the job. Given the experience I had, I would not recommend the company for a young professional. It was not a great learning environment for someone with just a few years of experience and who is eager to learn/not afraid to inquire with questions.
Pros
Pay, benefits, office location, my coworkers
Cons
My manager, lack of training, systems, lack of control
Horrible place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioJuly 9, 2013
Worry about losing your job/they fire a lot
Manager was micro manager who makes you feel small
Pros
Cons
no job security and horrible upper management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2012
Manager has problems with working with anyone but herself. Acts nice when you first start then it goes downhill from there.
Staff is a little rude
Grounds Keeper (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 22, 2012
Staff is rude. People rat others out to move up in the company. Work environment is good. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the co workers.
Good stepping stone in my career.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2012
Gained experince working on low income properties. Had new challenges every day.