MillerCoors

MillerCoors Employer Reviews

Performed basic accounting tasks
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 28, 2014
I manually recorded the production of beer on a daily basis. I recorded accruals and performed monthly inventory reconciliation and calculated the excise tax returns for the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. In this position I learned the importance of improving a process.
Mixed Bag
Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free beer
Cons: weak management and employee development, severe lack of strategic leadership
Beer is certainly a fun and engaging category, but MillerCoors is far behind its competitors in terms of innovative and strategic thinking. Its leadership ignores the company's many disadvantages and displaces blame for company performance. The dynamic nature of the category make it a fine place to start out or to wayside for a year or two, but do not – more... look to build a career here. – less
Food Service
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2014
My first food service job
Fun friendly company
Easygoing people
Fun place to work for,
Multicultural Hispanic Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Great place to learn all the basic rules of beer, also the place to learn how to hone your skills as a sales rep or manager,
This Place a great for people that are just learning the beer industry.
Excellent working environment
SAP SD Consultant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 20, 2014
Responsible for sales order management as well as design, configuration and testing using quotations and different customized sales order types and cash sales, customized pricing, billing process (invoices and invoice list and batch processing)
Great job, great benefits, great salary.
TRUCK DRIVER/MACHINE OPERATOR/FORKLIFT (Former Employee), Golden, CODecember 26, 2013
Life was great until they out sourced jobs when the companies merged.
Fun workplace
End plant Bagger (Former Employee), Golden, CODecember 26, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation day, free monthly lunch, benefits.
Cons: hours
I miss this job everyday, my co-workers were amazing management cared very much about their employees, we grow with the company and become a family. the job itself was fun always stayed busy and never had a doll moment.
Challenging
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Golden, CODecember 25, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: too short of a position.
Since I only just spent a few months there it was a learning experience. My co-workers as well as management were very helpful and took time to teach me what I needed to know. The only hardest part of the job was there was too much down time and there was not alot to do. The most enjoyable was getting to know all the workers.
Great environment
Student Professional (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 16, 2013
MillerCoors is a great company to work for; Although I was a student professional I learned the necessary skills of researching and applying safety practices.
Work hard and play hard
Category Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2013
Pros: gratis beer
Cons: no work life balance
Good company to gain experience and expand your skill sets. MillerCoors takes its training very seriously and always has a new initiative you will be challenged to meet.
Fun staff with not so friendly supervisors
Guest Relations Server (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2013
Pros: staff, benefits, coordinators, campus, work life
Cons: hours, management
I had a great bunch or co-workers and my immediate supervisor was excellent, best I ever had to work with. On the other hand higher level management were not so enaging or friendly.
Great company to work for.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaDecember 6, 2013
This was a bit disappointing for me because the day I was hired was the same day they announced an upcoming merger with Coors Brewing Company and that there were going to be extensive layoffs and restructuring. It was difficult to work day to day in an environment where my future was very insecure. I went through three months of extensive interviews – more... and was extremely proud that I was chosen for this position. However, the merger led to my displacement with the company. – less
Coors was a good company to work for but difficault to grow with
Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Golden, CONovember 29, 2013
I learned a lot of my electrical engineering skills here with hands on work.
Good place to start your beverage/CPG career
Chain Account Executive (Current Employee), Mid WestNovember 26, 2013
Pros: competitive salary, established and stable company
Good place to start your beverage/CPG career. Will build up your sales and marketing muscle.
Great Place to Work at RMBC
Maintenance Inspect set-up Technician 1 (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge, CONovember 23, 2013
Pros: great pay, benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons: 4x4 rotating work shift monthly
Company constantly trying to provide the correct cultural environment. This company is progressing positively forward.
Always Be Closing corporate mentality; Great laid back regional office, but not for home-based employees
On-Premise Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: monthly beer budget, entertaining customers at fun events, training
Cons: stressful, work events on weekends, bad weather, no consistent interaction with co-workers
-Typical Day: review objectives for each account on the day's route, drive to storage unit/distributor to load up car with necessary support materials, make 10 physical account calls, recap each visit in my living route plan, communicate sales to the distributor rep for each respective account to ensure product gets shipped in.
-Experience Gained: Ability – more... to manage a large number of projects simultaneously, route planning, great sales experience, relationship building with customers, creative problem solving, in depth beer, brewing, and draft system knowledge.
-Management: I am lucky enough to be in a market with a regional office, which has allowed me to get much more face time with management across multiple functions than many of my counterparts across the country. My first direct manager was an extremely competitive, "always be closing" type of individual. He was eventually promoted. My next direct manager was less aggressive and placed a higher value on providing "solutions" that would actually make sense for the account, rather than just making the sale. He recently left the company, and now my former boss is supervising my team until a replacement is hired.
-Co-workers: Of the team I went through onboarding with, only myself and one other are still with the company out of an original 4. Being on my own all day driving in between sales calls has made me value the idea of having a real office workspace in my next job. There has been very little in person interaction with my co-workers in this role because we all have our own account lists and are home-based.
-Hardest Part of the Job: It is exhausting to literally drive around all day, and frustrating when there is excess traffic. Hitting the desired 10 accounts per day is also challenging because of individual account contacts' schedules and geographic locations of accounts. Having no admin time is also frustrating, because the last thing I want to do upon coming home is turn in sign requests for new features/plan my route for the following week/submit expense reports/log mileage. The most frustrating aspect is that it sometimes seems that even if I do everything right, programs still sometimes fall apart - unexpectedly out of stock product, distributor's sign shop making an obscene amount of errors on signage, failure by rep to ship in product, etc.
-Most Enjoyable Part: Finally getting a sale you've been working on for a while is a great feeling; it's even better when the product/feature is a huge success in the account. Interacting with consumers is also often enjoyable and educational. I value the relationships that I have built with the retailers I call on, and with the distributor sales reps in conjunction with whom I work. I love talking about and educating people on beer - styles, taste profiles, history, etc. One of my favorite aspects of this position has been turning consumers and retailers on to beers they might never have considered during sampling events or meetings. I also feel that I have gained an immense amount of knowledge and experience in this role that will be beneficial in future positions. – less
Great place.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee), Irwindale, CAOctober 13, 2013
Great management. Good co-workers. Learned alot as I sharpened my skills.
Great Company
On Premise Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2013
Good company with great work culture. Lots of travel and some of the best work experience I've ever had.
Change in Leadership
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2013
Pros: working with distributors
Cons: none at the time
The typical Day was working directly with Distributor principals, engaging the sales team to focus on your portfolio in a multi brand house. This was my favorite part of the job. The company has changed ownership since I left, so I can not speak to it now
This company gave me opportunities beyond my expectations. Benefits were exceptional.
LOGISTICS ANALYST, Exel Transportation (Former Employee), Eden, NCSeptember 6, 2013
Overall excellent company for which to work. I had the opportunity to travel. Interacted with all levels of management including the Plant Manager and Corporate VIPs. Was well paid and appreciated. They also encouraged outside Community activities at which I excell i.e. planning company functions and was the Coordinator for a Miller sponsored Habitat – more... for Humanity Home. – less

About MillerCoors

MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put – Read more