Milliken & Company Employee Reviews

It was a great place until they closed the doors
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCAugust 14, 2017
We were all like family there. There was time when someone was in need and we all rallied and pitched in and helped. Its just a sad thing that the company couldn't do the same for us.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Shut the doors
Best job ive ever had
Hauler (Former Employee) –  Johnston, SCJuly 25, 2017
Milliken gave me a chance at being my own active worker. Trusting me to get the job done without supervisor or team leader on my back. The job was done I worked hard an the pay showed me I hot my job done.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No paid holidays
Privately owned
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  GaJuly 24, 2017
Milliken was a good company. Unfortunately it cared little for the personal lives of its employees. If you are single and hungry for career advancement, this may be a job for you. If you have a family you want to spend time with, you should probably look elsewhere.
Pros
No debt
Cons
60+ hour work weeks
Range had problems running
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAJuly 24, 2017
To much down time.Hard to stay productive .No leadership.Some people not willing to do their jobs.Inexperienced folks not knowing to fix machine due to the age of the machine.Strong smell on Ammonia and other chemicals due to the fact that exhaust fans failed to work
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Too many mechinal problems
Great company to grow and build companionship with.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 15, 2017
Great company with great benefits that's able to help you grow and help establish a strong relationship and chance to move forward in positions with the company.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Compensation
Neefs better management
Dye Jet/ Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 9, 2017
Milliken is a company of great opportunities but until they get better HE, supervisors and management it will forever be up and down with no stability
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else
hated it
machine opertor (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCJuly 2, 2017
most of my co workers were fantastic but management is terrible. people are given positions on the single fact of butt kissing and not tallent, skill, being able to deal with people or anything. just absolutely terrible. benifits were nice other than never having a plan for the weekend with my children
Long days family oriented
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 29, 2017
Our days a mostly long days. Sometimes a bit fast paced and can be overwhelming. Management does make you feel appreciated. Clean environment and safety is priority.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Long days
Good company
Shipping Expeditor/Admin (Former Employee) –  Williamston, SC 29697June 29, 2017
I enjoy my job and the people I work with. It is a safety oriented environment. No two days are alike in my job. Everyday you are dealing with something new. The management team in my department is great.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
healthcare/benefits
great place to work as long as you dont get hurt
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 27, 2017
perfect job...until I got hurt. the people I worked with were great. building was took care of and machines kept up. advancement in the company is easy. no problems until I was hurt...badly
Cons
got fired when i was hurt
cross training is always offered
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 17, 2017
This company has been a pleasure to work for. I learned to be more multi task and ability to work as a team and support one another. I became more self confidence in solving problems on my own and trouble shooting things.
Pros
uniforms supplied
Cons
health care
Great place to work for IT
PC Support (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 11, 2017
Great experience and fairly large IT department. Advancement opportunities available, but you usually have to wait for expansion or someone to leave, most employees are comfortable in their positions.
Pros
Hours, community, coffee
Cons
Some travel required
Clean & productive work enviroment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, SCJune 11, 2017
Milliken is a great place for anyone fresh out of school to start there career. I am very thankful that they took a chance on me after being turned down, from several employer for not having any experience. With hard work I have had a successful career as a maintenance technician.
good place to work just starting out
Control Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 1, 2017
Milliken is a great place to work. Management is nice and helping. The job consists of mostly repairing equipment and building things. hours were good
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 31, 2017
On a typical day, I performed the daily cash forecasts based on the projected cash needs determined by daily bank statements. I did not have any previous banking experience so I learned a lot about how large corporations like Milliken plan their cash policies. This would be the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Flexible schedule that allowed me to finish my degree.
Cons
Pay scale
Milliken Review.
Warper Operator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 27, 2017
Best job I have ever worked. I started there when I was 18 as a creeler. I put the yarn packages on the machine and tied them for the machine operators. I also swept and Took yarn packages off a machine from another department. I was very quickly in training as a warper operator. It at first is very challenging but you learn it quickly and it's second nature. I had amazing coworkers and a great boss. After 2 and a half years I decided to move on for they were changing the place around due to a different plant closing down. In that time, they changed my boss and coworkers and changed the hours to 12 hour days 5 days in a row. I would have loved to stay there longer if things wouldn't have changed so drastically.
First professional job
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCApril 17, 2017
The company's culture was very stoic. I did learn a lot and a lot of emphasis was placed on training effective human resource managers. There was a need for more diversity in management.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
lack of diversity
Good place to work mire like family
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCApril 5, 2017
A place to grow if u do t have small children and like rotating shifts. A lot of drama going on. People talking about one another. Hard to work in an evlnvironment like that
Pros
Alot of family events
Cons
Short breaks lots of rotating
good pay
machine opperatior (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 3, 2017
good pay good ppl i like it there only thing is it was swing shift when being a single mom that not good i got to learn new things and move up i like that
Very bad place.
Advanced Chemical operator (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCMarch 30, 2017
You work 12 hr rotating shifts with a 7 day break every month. But you get drafted for a day of overtime every week for the rest of your life. Very high turnover rate. Once they get enough people they just fire people for no reason. HR department is a joke. So is the very unhappy plant manager. You get treated like you are in elementary school.
Pros
Never been laid off
Cons
Everything else