Milliken & Company

Milliken & Company Employee Reviews

It is fantastic company
Industrial Designer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 1, 2015
I enjoy working in Milliken & Company. All the colleges are so nice. The HR colleges helped me with everything settled. It saved me much time and effort. I really need to say thank you to Milliken people.
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Blacksburg, SCMarch 31, 2015
Cons: Management does not keep things confidential.
A typical day at Magnolia. I learned new things daily. All employees would come to me and ask all benefits questions and any human resource questions that they may have.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great company to work for, great benefit packages
Cons: company downsize from time to time
Typical work day began from 8am-5pm.
Learned to handle all business transactions for the company and personnel
Work in individual office space to process job duties
Handling highly confidential information a must and team workers easy to work with.
Nothing hard about the job if you are acclaimated in the secretarial and managerial skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team meeting the daily challenges.
Various fields of advancement for the willing worker.
Learn multitudes of skill sets, from Education, Safety and Quality output.
Enjoyed being office manager
Engineering Administrator (Former Employee), Elm City PlantJanuary 15, 2015
I was the office manager for the engineering department. I enjoyed it very much.
Watch out for the good ol' boy network
Production Manager (Former Employee), New Holland, Gainesville, GeorgiaDecember 16, 2014
Pros: corporate jobs and facilities are nice
Cons: plant level management is terrible, indecisive and care about making money....that's it!
Corporate executives have a decent grasp of what normal employees do and try to make a better corporation overall. However at the plant level, people work there for many years which leaves anyone new to the wolves. They recruit people out of college and brainwash them with the "Milliken Way". The culture at some of the older plants is not very motivating at all. WATCH out veterans, especially at the plant level. They actually look negatively at veterans for some reason.
Process Improvement Manager
Process Improvement Manager (Former Employee), Campobello, SCSeptember 24, 2014
Manager of style change department for Milliken, New Prospect Plant, now closed. Water Jet weaving machines producing Rip Stop uniforms, air bags for automotive industry, parachute material and hot air balloon material
Great Company to work for
Floorcovering Midwest Senior Territory Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2014
A truly great company to work for. Very diverse and creative. I love the competitive nature of the sales force!
Compensation for the Administrative employees is very low.
Executive Administrative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 6, 2014
Milliken would pay $12.90. Somewhere else for the same exact position would pay $14.00 - $15.00 per hour. Insurance deductible was $1,000 per person per year. I had two children and I couldn't survive on income with paying for insurance for $350.00 per month.
Reviewing safety specs
Safety Quality Inspector (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAJuly 25, 2014
ensure that safety is priority
make sure that safety manuals were up to date
ensuring quality carpet
Large company with a depth of markets and products.
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 2, 2014
High enthusiasm and a get it done attitude.
Very people oriented, recognize outstanding accomplishments.
Great coworkers and managers.
product manager
Winder Operator (Former Employee), st george utahDecember 21, 2013
long hours management ok . worked well with co workers.had own office. also doing repair on regulators.
Productive workplace with plenty of hours.
Open-End Technician (Former Employee), Gainesville, GASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: plenty of work hours and overtime.
Cons: rotating shifts and unpredictable work schedules.
Safety and communication meetings at the beginning and end of every shift. Then perform an assigned task in a textile factory environment.
Learned to work on tasks alone and work as part of a team.
Management did a good job of communicating with employees.
Friendly co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was rotating shifts and unpredictable work schedules, making it hard to balance life outside of the job.
Most enjoyable part of the job is that i could do a good job and take a break at times that were most convenient for me.
Also the managers were understanding when we needed to switch shifts or have a shift covered for the weekend.
good company
Process Improvement Specialist (Former Employee), Union, SCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: training programs
Cons: lots of weekend work
strong values in safety and excellence in quality, outstanding training programs and employee development programs
good other than enviroment
Shift Leader & Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Union, SCJuly 24, 2013
loved the job, environment dusty and very hot, room for advancement, good management
Product & Process Improvement Engineer (Current Employee), GAApril 7, 2013
Pros: management
Milliken has been a very positive work experience. Everyone there is focused on making the company the best it can be. Managers expect a lot out their employers but give them room to make their own decisions.
Was the greatest place to work, then.....
Advanced Control Technician (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAMarch 16, 2013
Pros: everyone is family or seems like it
Cons: the carpet industry is dying
Back in the day, this was the best place to work, then the board of directors took over and the compassion for the workers disappeared instantly.
Strong management.
system manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 10, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: pay scale
Great place to work. Job security, strong management. hardest part, long hours, great training schedule. Learned much about data processing procedures.
Overall pretty descent place to work
Production Parts Approval Process Specialist (Former Employee), LaGrange, GASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: got a wide range of experiences everything from producution to management duties
Cons: health care could have been much better, a lot of things they didn't cover enough on and some things like weight loss wasn't covered at all.
I had a wonderful group of people to work with in management. They were supportive and allowed me to be involved in conference calls, became a liasion between myself (representing our compay) and the customer to ensure their quality needs were being met. I enjoyed being a help to co-workers which were manager with minor computer problems and the hardest part of my job was getting the needed information from my sub suppliers for the customers. Other than that, it was a great job
use to be steady job
Inspector (Current Employee), LaGrange, GASeptember 9, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: no raise
Steady but not to busy or hard lot of paper work and computer skills over ther years i've learned how to inpsect first quality carpert looking for defects such as off shade, dye smears,etc. how to drive a hyster far as managment there ok there mostly in the office co workers are very mesy i stay to myself there's nothing hard about my job the thing i love the most is to work on my computer to complete my paper work
Excellent Company when Roger Milliken was involved
Plant Manager Cedar Hill Weaving Plant (Former Employee), Union, SCAugust 21, 2012
Pros: privately held company
Cons: outside leadership abandoning what made the company great
Once a very manufacturing oriented company. Strong on education and investment. Much of what made Milliken a World Class Company has changed with new leadership.

About Milliken & Company

A leading international manufacturer, Milliken & Company is one of the world's largest privately held textile and chemical – Read more