Milliken Employee Reviews

Great job. Wonderful place to work for.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCOctober 9, 2016
Great job!!!!! A wonderful place to work. I loved it . Worked 12hrs for my time working there. Benefits were on-site food sales available to you as su
Fun work place but bad management
Laydown Operator (Current Employee) –  Golden valley n.cJuly 20, 2016
The people are awesome..good place to work just poor supervisor fun place to work.g of insurance and time off..also close to home
Pros
401k and good people
Cons
Supervisor
high pace workplace
Production Machine Operations (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Milliken is a good company to work for. They do have a rotating shift work life, so having a home life can be a challenge @ times. They are undergoing so changes but the managers treat us with respect. The job I am doing has lots of challenges. So if you like a good challenge, this place is perfect for you.
great company bad management.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCAugust 2, 2016
Great company, stand for great things, but have the wrong management, a lot of managers sleeping with Co workers for promotions, some prejudice, and this just the one in Blacksburg. Drugs were found a lot in plant but if your manager know you a good worker they will tell you when they going to drug test you. ALSO THE BIGGEST DRUG DEALERS ARE WITHIN THE PLANT, SELLING CRACK TO PILLS taken by workers while operating heavy machinery.
Pros
benefit, secure job
Cons
management, and to many family members in the same department
Beautiful place to work.
Print Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 13, 2016
The environment of the Design Center was so relaxing and modern. You could get a lot of work done and still enjoy your surroundings. I really enjoyed working there and the management staff were always eager to listen to your ideas! I miss working in an administrative environment! I have been working for other companies, but would love the opportunity to do this type of work in the future.
Pros
Getting to dress in a professional attire.
Cons
Company sold our division.
A very productive place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCMarch 18, 2017
Typical day is starting the machine for work, allowing it to heat up and start running. After a few hours machine is cut off due to the temperature it reaches to allow for cool down and cleaning. After cool down and clean up, machine is restarted and process is repeated. The hardest part of this job is being able to withstand the heat in the work area. In the Summer, it is best to keep plenty of water with you. If not, you could easily become dehydrated.
factory work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GA 30501March 3, 2017
job payed good and payed all the bills and i gained alot of experience working there, hours are rotated which made it flexible for me
Good hours
Line worker building pre-hung doors (Current Employee) –  Sterling Hts, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Milliken is a great place to work with chance for advancement. You learn a lot about the product. Work well with schedules.
Its alright
Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 29, 2016
My experience working here had its ups and its downs.
Overall the hours and long, but the pay is good. If you can deal with the heat, and miscommunication it isnt bad.
You are just a number!
Just a number (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 24, 2016
When your number is up and then you will be gone. Unfortunate working for Milliken is a no win job. There are no promotions available and a high rate of turnover with employees.

Want to know more about Milliken?

Ask a question
Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 4, 2017
Would supervise employees on night shifts and weekends. would be responsible for fixing any machines that had problems or breakdowns. Shifts were rotating on weekly basis.
Great place to start off in production
Wet lab tech (Former Employee) –  ValwaySeptember 20, 2016
Its an ok place to wk for.hard to advance. Great pay and weekends optional.i learned a lot of things there. Management. Needs work safety is exceptional
texttile plant
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GANovember 1, 2016
very hot and muggy and that was 3rd shift i was the machine operator that kick started the production in the dye room. The pay is not worth it at all. Again not worth it!!!
Pros
working by yourself most of the time
Cons
too hot not enough pay at all
Milliken is a decent place to work.There are some great people working for them.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Johnston, SCOctober 18, 2016
Milliken would probley keep people there working longer if they would look in to cutting some of the machines down meaning placing more weavers on the floor to help the people that is having to run 30 or more machines per shift.
Machine Operator / Forklift
Manager/ Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 24, 2016
Responsible for keeping the machine running
Fixing the machine when it broke down

trained in maintaining, controlling, and operating machines and equipment that are used in the manufacturing of smaller production equipment and other utility products
Working with the Milliken team was like home away from home
Planning Clerk/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCMarch 1, 2013
Milliken was a wonderful place to work. We had lots of deadlines and had to learn to prioritize quickly. There was always work to do which made one feel needed. We had good management that not only instructed us of our duties, but they were there for us and backed us up. We had to learn to work as a team which makes the progression of any job smoother. Our team often worked together over lunch just to keep the atmosphere more fun. The hardest part of my job was the last minute Friday afternoon crunch getting out last minute orders, but when we made those deadlines it was probably the best part of the job - just knowing we could do it!
Pros
being close to the schools, flexible if you had any appointments, good benefits
Cons
weekend and some holiday work
Temp job
dye jet operation (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCNovember 1, 2016
I was a temp there and I was hired on but I joined the Army before the plant layed off. The job was 12hrs and rotating shifts that I didn't enjoy. The job was easy and not demanding.
Pros
easy job
Cons
rotating shifts
Productive, steady work
Inspector (Current Employee) –  McCormick, SCSeptember 16, 2016
I am constantly moving and working which make time go by faster. Team leaders are real cool and want to see you succeed. I go go work 3 days a week 12 hours a day. We inspect airbags all day long.
Pros
Work 3 days a week
Cons
12 hour shifts
extreme Conditions
Operator/Technician (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 29, 2014
I work 6 to 7 days a week every week about 10 to 12 hours a day. I am dedicated to my job. I started from the bottom and continually pushed and pushed until I reached my potential goal of being the go to guy of the company. I am currently a technician. I troubleshoot situations and maintain proper machine maintenance for quality and production. I am a go getter, hard worker, management material individual. I feel if you ever stop learning then your job is not required. I am very high driven with a motivation to see the industry I work for succeed.
Pros
paid breaks, benefits, 41k, and managements favorite
Cons
Very hot in summer and very cold in winter
Employment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, GAOctober 24, 2016
My experience with milliken has been great.Being able to work with others and getting the job done is always a great experience.
Pros
HEALTHCARE
Cons
HEALTHCARE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milliken. Our community is ready to answer.