Milliken Employee Reviews

This could be a really good place to work
Creller (Former Employee) –  Jesse Jewell Parkway Gainesville GeorgiaJanuary 17, 2018
Be prepared to do a rotating shift and I mean rotating you at work your first week 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Be off 3 days come back and work 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. so your sleep will pattern will be off sometimes until you got used to it and it was somewhat hard to get used to but the pay was excellent the people you work with you really didn't have problems with your coworkers but the management was messy. You were able to work all the hours you wanted even though there were 12 hour shifts and some people did the pay was excellent I bought my first car with this job have to get had to give it back when they laid me off without warning.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Productive, but with team work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 11, 2018
Milliken was the best place I've ever worked. But another company came in and started moving things to South Carolina. All jobs were getting cut. It took a year for everyone to start to find other jobs. There were no turn outs.
Pros
Great communication
Cons
No advanced notice company was bought
great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCJanuary 10, 2018
Great frist time experince working in a real manufactor place. Great workers and manager. They alway stayed willing to help and wanted u to learn more.
Machine Operator
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 9, 2018
I operated the Auto Sewing machine. I had to thread the yarn through the needle by hand. I also operated the fringe machine. Make enough yarn for the sewers to sew on the cloth that was coming off the Auto sewing machine.
it's a job
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  McCormick, SCDecember 18, 2017
great if you don't have kids and no life because you wiil have to work your butt off to make a decent check. you will learn how to inspect airbags and basic computer skills.
Learning place
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 2, 2017
Milliken is an amazing place to be. It's very cultural and helpful for people with low budget that wants to read. I was always ready to help a book lover because I am one myself!
very hot
Advance Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCNovember 17, 2017
stressful and very hot.well i was a fork lift operator bringing mat . from one place to another people was friendly .hardest part was the heat all day,holiday events was great for families
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
very hot place to work
faced past no heat or air
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  McCormick, SCNovember 10, 2017
faced paced job a lot of standing but great benefits. Safety was a must, management was great very caring. Paid holiday and vacation but the hourly pay just wasn't enough.
Great Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCNovember 5, 2017
I loved working here it was the best job I ever had! Anybody that works here really has a great career. I was always excited to get up and ready for work.
Enjoyed working with the associates and developing new products
Plant Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 20, 2017
Typical work day eight till six. Learned a lot about OSHA requirements, safety, computer skills. How to deal with associates emotions. Management was good. The culture was good. Hardest part of the job was OSHA and corporate audits. Enjoyable part was recognizing associates for safety and doing great jobs
Not a good place to work
Warper Operator (Current Employee) –  Valley, NCOctober 10, 2017
Rotated shifts no time for my family poor management and lack of communication to say the least. Told at last minute if you have to work the weekend or not.
Pros
Occasinal free meal
Cons
Rotate shifts
Weaver/quality control
Quality Control/ Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCSeptember 24, 2017
On a typical work day I weave and performed quality control check. I work in a mill for about 12 years. Use to work 12 plus more hours a day and performed checks on products.
Great workplace
QUALITY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 22, 2017
I have enjoyed my time here at Milliken. They have an amazing safety program and award winning attributes. great work environment. Good advancement opportunities.
Cons
rotating shift
milliken
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, GASeptember 18, 2017
The working conditions at Milliken was horrible. It is very hot and the management there is poor. They have no respect and they treat you like trash sometimes.
pay is OK, did not provide to many spots for advancements.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAAugust 31, 2017
Hot and hard place to work at. No improvements for pay upgrades. great benefits, and friendly staff, supervisor was as not always easy to please. Work schedule is decent.
Pros
Alright benefits
Cons
long breaks
Textile Mill in Marietta SC
Level 3 Print Range Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, SCAugust 31, 2017
This was a good place for entry level younger people to get experience in the manufacturing industry. It was hot in the winter and extremely hot in the summer.
Productive hard working atmosphere
Route Runner (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 18, 2017
It was a good place but the hours were long and not what I needed at the time. You will be able to become forklift certified and learn new skills that can be used for other jobs.
Quality Facilitator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 6, 2017
Being able to be a leader and lead a team to reach our plant goals and knowing i did ever thing to make the company a success mint the most to me. The workplace culture is a culture were u are treated fair and is a great place to work.
Good working atmosphere
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 3, 2017
Good location to work at. No advancement placement if interested in advancing into management. Very friendly atmosphere due to people that have worked there for some time.
A great job only issues were no benefits, low payment.
Cleaning crew (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed my responsibilities . I had my own route trash restrooms, the canteen. Working everyday not having a set shift prohibited me from any advancement. I had to make a decision based on I was unable to live off the job I chose to move on.
Pros
Excellent co workers
Cons
pay