Milliken Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
Expeditor/Forklift (Former Employee) –  Union, SCJanuary 20, 2016
Load and unload trucks. I also learn the Yard jockey job and it was a nice experience. The management was ok some what fair and I also had great co-workers as well.
Great place to work with a few set backs.
team leader (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCJanuary 2, 2016
I moved up quite fast in the place, but I have no more room for advancement. Great management, but a few coworkers have bad attitudes. Not knowing when you are off until the day of question, and rotating shifts are the worst part.
Pros
Very safety conscious
Cons
Don't know if you will be working Saturday until Saturday morning.
textiles are fading in america
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GADecember 17, 2015
The company should be a fortune 500 company if they are not. The pay was not enough and the health care should have been better but the people were great the management was fine everyone were doing their jobs and the company supported you if you wanted to go back to school.
Productive work place
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCNovember 27, 2015
The management was okay. I really enjoyed the weekly team meetings, and friendly employee competitions. The work environment was clean.
Pros
nice canteen
Cons
high prices plus taxes in canteen
Good run company
Manager, Electrical Department (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAOctober 9, 2015
The company with its own culture with good potential and bright future. A lot of job restructurings is going on. Flame resistant fabrics produced by company has a big room for expansion.
Incentives
Drawing Operator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 24, 2015
This was by far my greatest job not because of pay but because I enjoy talking to people. I also thourougly enjoy the challenge of persuading people. I would come in and work on an automated phone system 8 hours selling magazines subscriptions. We were given a bonus on top pf our hourly pay of a dollar per sale I easily average 5 sales an hour! Everybody seemed like this job was a chore for me it wasnt. We had our typical prompts but I could always detour the conversations and make customers feel like friends. I discovered I had a knack for sales through this job. Of course the management was great as I was a top seller
Pros
Commissions
Cons
sitting to long had to get up and walk on lunch and breaks
Great Job
Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Avalon, GAJune 8, 2015
I worked Mini Shift as a support operator hanging creels,I would come in at 6 pm and hang 20 lb packs of yarn in creels to run through the machines,I got a 30 minute break every day.Worked every day but Wednesdays.I got off at 10 p.m.I had great co-workers,management was I guess average,They usually left before mini shift,hardest part of the job was the heat,over 100 degrees sometimes in the summer. Most enjoyable part was the people I got to meet!
Pros
20 dollar premium paid for being on time each week
Cons
Heat in the summer
Fun Work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 6, 2015
excellent place to work, great enviornment, wonderful people to work for. I would advice anyone to seek employment at this company
Comfortable workplace.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 15, 2015
Comfortable workplace with friendly employers. Very easy tasks to complete each day. Employers make sure u understand your assignment before moving on to the next machine.
Pros
Lunch is served daily on site.
Cons
Confined work spaces.
Good Paying
Senior Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nicholls, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Goodpaying job but you will work for every penny you make. If you can't stay on your feet for a long period of time walking pushing and pulling then this job is not for you.
Pros
benefits, steady job with steady hours
Cons
short breaks
family employees
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GADecember 4, 2014
Hot and sweaty plant,but laid back jobs.The hardest part was having to fix stacker jams and running under conveyors
Productive and busy place to work
Knit Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCNovember 5, 2014
Safety is the top priority at the facility. Very nice co-workers and nice canteen. Pay should definitely be raised.
Strong Safety Culture
Senior Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 3, 2014
Milliken is an innovative company that constantly thrives to improve processes even if they are the best in the world.
Pros
safety culture
Cons
so far away from corporate hq
busy busy place, no time at home.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marietta, SCSeptember 16, 2014
way too many hours. not friendly people. they let the people who have been there a long time get away with whatever they wanted.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
heat, bad attitudes.
nice break room.
Spinner /Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2014
working here was very hard work but,i enjoyed just the machine and me.
Pros
in house doctor.
Cons
the heat.
Open End Spinning Frame Technician
Rieter Open End Spinning Frame Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 30, 2014
Maintained 12 open end frames replaced bearings pneumatics robotic parts managed 6 employees frame operators and material movers on a Gaines Mcarthur rotating shift performed preventative maintenance only a daily basis.
extreme Conditions
Operator/Technician (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 29, 2014
I work 6 to 7 days a week every week about 10 to 12 hours a day. I am dedicated to my job. I started from the bottom and continually pushed and pushed until I reached my potential goal of being the go to guy of the company. I am currently a technician. I troubleshoot situations and maintain proper machine maintenance for quality and production. I am a go getter, hard worker, management material individual. I feel if you ever stop learning then your job is not required. I am very high driven with a motivation to see the industry I work for succeed.
Pros
paid breaks, benefits, 41k, and managements favorite
Cons
very hot in summer and very cold in winter
Stable and reliable
Quality Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 24, 2014
I have been working here for nearly 10 years. As a Quality facilitator I maintain and fix fix current off quality and prevent it from happening again. I've had numerous great mangers and co-workers through the years to teach all the aspects of the processes here.
A fun place to work at
FORKLIFT OPERATOR / YARD TRUCK OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  BARNWELL, S.C.May 29, 2014
It was a very interesting place to be employed at and learn new things. I would recommend anyone to this job.
Pros
good management
Cons
the facility closed
Prodcutive and Fast Pace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCMay 11, 2014
Working the mini shift grading cloth checking for defects. I really enjoyed this job and still would be there if the company didn't have a big layoff.
Pros
fast pace job very easy
Cons
i liked everything about milliken