Millikin University Employee Reviews in United States

place is miserable
Environmental Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 23, 2015
I hated everything about working there incuding but not limited to co-workers, management. pay is terrible with no oppurtunity to advance.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fantastic experience
Security Officer/Dispatch Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 27, 2015
I was on 3rd shift and worked every weekend night. I hated that. However, Millikin has A LOT to offer and I would DEFINITELY go back!
Great University. PACE program perfect for adult learners
Student (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 27, 2015
I would recommend the PACE program to any working adult wanting to complete a degree in the shortest amount of time possible. Being set up in Cohorts with the same fellow students throughout the core classes allows us to form strong bonds and get to know each other well, which allows us to easily help each other and work well on team projects.
Pros
class is only 1 night per week for 4 hours
Cons
Homework can be extensive
Football Coach
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Coaching Football and recruiting student-athletes. Also the Recruiting Coordinator, Video Coordinator, and Equipment Manager.
Student Job
Men's Soccer Intern Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 23, 2015
While I worked at Millikin University I was also a student. I worked there from when I was a Sophomore till when I was a Senior. I was the camera operator for the Men's and Women's soccer teams. I also did the laundry and looked after the equipment for the Men's soccer team.
Pros
i was around soccer all the time
Cons
low pay
A learning experience that I will never forget
System Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 8, 2014
A typical day consisted of reviewing data for discrepancies, rewriting data, and reporting updates to my supervisor.I learned how the student evaluation system worked based on working with the database it used. I also learned that communication is key to working effectively. I had no co-workers, but I worked close with my supervisor. There was not a hard part, but it was sometimes difficult getting assistance because my supervisor had a lot on his plat being the registrar. The overall experience was enjoyable. It was my first time working in an office setting along with professionals.
Enjoyable work environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 3, 2014
The most rewarding part of my job are the faculty that I work with and the students. There is such a mutual respect among everyone that I work with.
Great working space, become friends with your co-workers
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 5, 2014
On a typical day at Kirkland working in the box office you make sure the drawers are balanced, check messages, and check the outgoing ticket sales. After completing those jobs you would call back people who have left messages, then you would wait to answer phones and help customers who walk up to the box office windows to buy tickets. Working at Kirkland I've learned that it isn't always fun and games, hard work leads to great outcomes and experience. Everyone working in the box office is at the same level, there are people who have worked there longer and they are great people to look upon for questions and concerns. Working in such a small space has some pros and cons, pros would be becoming friends with your co-workers and being able to ask questions more easily. Some cons would be that you don't have a lot of space to move around which leads to a hot working environment. The hardest part of the job is telling the customers that there are not exchanges on tickets. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how much the customers enjoy the show in the end and seeing them come back to purchase more tickets for other shows.
Also, being a House Manager entitles you to work the event that is held at the Kirkland Fine Arts Building. Working an event means you have to show up early to unlock doors, turn lights on, and make sure the event will run calmly and smoothly. I've learned that no matter how hard you try, something can always go wrong but you just have to learn from it and keep on working to try and improve for the next time. The hardest part about working an event
  more... is making sure you have enough Ushers working. If some don't show up, you have to write up a warning that tells them this is their first warning, and they have one left before getting fired. The most enjoyable part is again, seeing how much the customers enjoyed the show and seeing them return for future events.  less
Caring and diligent administration
Co-chair of the SOAC (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 4, 2014
I worked as chair of the Student Organization Allocations Committee that helped student-run organizations acquire money for events. I personally met with a representative form each organization and assessed their requests with the administration. The administration wanted to accommodate each organization as best as possible. The members of my committee were all senate members, as well, so they shared the passion for service.
Millikin University
receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 8, 2014
Day would begin at 7:30 AM. I would check with kitchen to see what was needed, meet with sales people throughout the day to order necessary items for the department and assist with the meal card system as needed.
Pros
summers were relaxed. holidays were not required work time. attending food shows.
Cons
management would change often.
Fun and fast paced environment working with kids
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 24, 2013
Typically I would come in and help the students with their homework or help them study. After that was over with, I along with other co-workers, would plan educational, team building, personal, and fun activities for them to participate in.
Wonderful institution!
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 17, 2013
I absolutely loved this place. I cannot say enough good things about Millikin. It is just too bad that Decatur has not bounced back yet from the job loss in the 1970s.

Great place to go to school, great place to work.
Pros
great environment!
Cons
living in decatur, il and the declining economy there.
Millikin University
Dennis Elementary School (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 27, 2012
he best University. Has really good benefits. Caters to the students and employees.
University in Decatur Illinois
Bachelors of Science Degree (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IllinoisMarch 27, 2012
University that has a popular Pace Program for working Adults