Milliman

Milliman Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
System Administrator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: challenges and opportunities
Cons: location for corporate is in seattle
Milliman is a great company with many opportunities in the IT area. Great challenges and rewards.
Professional work environment
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTJuly 10, 2014
This was a great place to work. I learned a lot about being an acutary.
Longstanding firm with the ability to get your foot in the corporate door
Assistant Office Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 2, 2014
Pros: solid benefits and job security
Cons: office politics and a lack of culture that reflects today's workforce
In facilities I serviced over 450 employees with only a crew of 3. 5 people if you include the receptionist and the Mail Clerk. You learn a lot about the ins and outs of the corporate world, including the politics and personalities that may go along with it. My team worked well together, because we all knew what the job can be like at times, which allowed – more... a bond to form with an understanding that we are all in it together. The hardest part of the job could be the internal clients at times. They do not see what all goes into the job, and will at times neglect the work you do because they may only care about what they need done at that time. Which could be work that may go unnoticed or unappreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job is looking at the finished product. Because you are the only one who knows what all went into getting the project completed, you will be the most pleased with the finished product and a job well done. – less
A quality company with educated employees and solid core values.
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2014
Pros: knowledgable employees/quiet environment/educational assistance
Cons: career advancement opportunities/internal communication silos
A quality company with educated employees and solid core values.
Challenging
Marketing Strategy Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: good salary/benefits
Cons: lots of micro-managing, hard to find anyone who has a clear idea of annual objectives, and addressing that problem is not welcome.
If a person can handle a lot of micro-managing and accept the role of being an order-taking, idea-withholding extension of their manager, then that person can expect to excel at Milliman.
Job instabilty
Retirement Communications & Education Consultant (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 2, 2013
I was a public speaker, educator, trainer, and writer for our Milliman's internal and external strategic communications programs. I spent a lot of time traveling throughout the country delivering power point presentations and motivational speeches in regards to financial education and security for the future. On November 11, 2013 I was laid off due – more... to company downsizing. – less
productive and fun workplace
Benefits Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2013
Very professional but also fun to work in. People were very friendly and the managers were very understanding and flexible with the employees needs.
Quality Work Place
Pension Analyst (Current Employee), Albany, NYOctober 14, 2013
Pros: positive
Cons: high expectations
Welcoming coworkers, strong support and many opportunities to more up in the company.
the Milliman fit
Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2013
If you are a fit then you may enjoy yourself.

Check it out.

asdfasdfasdfasfasdfasdfasdf
Great place to with great leaders.
Sr. Benefits Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: friendly team oriented organization.
Cons: occasional overtime.
I enjoyed working for this company. they have a great management staff and great benefits for employees. I learned alot from my tenure there with customer service skills and working as a team to get our goals accomplished.
Great Oppertunity
Actuary Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2012
I was given a great opportunity to learn and expand my skill set.
Great job
Plan Administrator (Former Employee), DALLAS TXJune 4, 2012
Pros: great break room
Great prople to work with at Milliman.Great hours and benefits.
DESARROLLO PROFESIONAL Y PERSONAL EN EQUILIBRIO
ADMINSTRADORA DE EMPRESAS (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: prestaciones superiores a la ley
Cons: ninguno
AMPLIO CONOCIMIENTO DEL SENTIDO DE ORGANIZACIÓN, ADMINISTRACIÓN, COMPROMISO, RESPONSABILIDAD.

LA PARTE MÁS INTERESANTE FUE EL CONTACTO CON CLIENTES NACIONALES E INTERNACIONALES ASÍ COMO EL APRENDIZAJE DEL SENTIDO DEL TRABAJO EN UN AGRADABLE AMBIENTE EN DONDE PUEDES MANTENER UN EQUILIBRIO ENTRE LA VIDA PERSONAL Y LA VIDA LABORLAL.

About Milliman

Milliman's consultants aren't exactly thrill-seekers, but they do know a lot about risk. The actuarial and business consulting – Read more