Millipore Corporation Employee Reviews

Water Purification company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 13, 2017
Millipore Corporation was bought out by another company after my employment. This was my first job out of college and I learned many aspects of being in the workforce from this position.
Chemical/ Electronic Planner Buyer
Chemical/ Electronic Planner Buyer (Former Employee) –  Cidra, PR 00739July 20, 2017
Chemical/ Electronic Planner Buyer for 400 employees $500M medical devices operation. Directly responsible for
Purchasing raw material, MRO, Capitals procurement & resin, Chemicals, pre-membrane, plus over 5k metals, mechanicals
Part for electronic devices.
Great Company
Cleanroom Assembler/Logistics Support (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 29, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Production has vamped up so there was a lot of changes being put in to affect. Only thing that made me leave was the shift changes.
Pros
Great work environment, great staff.
Cons
12 hours shifts!
Fun workplace
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 24, 2017
I was responsible for handling all the international shipments to France Subsidiaries. The hardest part of this job was if one of your colleges was on vacation, you responsible for handling all of their responsibilities which was overwhelming at times. I multi-tasked and execute these requirements without any delays. Enjoyed working with my former colleagues in the International shipping department at Millipore.
Pros
Bonus' and free lunches
a typical day is work
Casting/Chemical Operator II (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 5, 2017
I learned a lot ,but the most important thing was we were a real team,and cared about each other ,and what we did as employees.management was good they let us run the show for we were the ones doing the job.the hardest part was saying good by to all thous great people I work with for so long.Too be honest the best part, I enjoyed was being part of something more than just a job,and you did it every day with pride.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long commutes
A company that offers growth opportunities
Lead Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 3, 2016
It was nice working for such a great company which gives employees the opportunity to grow and also provides employees great benefits. I had the opportunity to work at this company for six years all three different shifts.
Pros
two half hour brakes
Cons
12 hours shifts
Good enviromental workplace
Machine Operator/Assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Due to the nature of the job, I cover differents areas of the manufacturing as well controlled documents as, SOP, TM, PS, GMP/ISO regulations. Used measurements instruments to ensure specified acceptances, disassembles precission assemblies and correct malfunctions
Dynamic, fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Danvers, BillericaNovember 8, 2015
Dynamic workplace. You will need to be adaptable to change as it is part of the culture. A fast growing organization that is bottom line driven. I enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and always looked forward to a new challenging project. The most enjoyable part of my job was supporting the members of our team and keeping everything organized.
Nice place to work
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHSeptember 22, 2015
Daily maintenance of machines, must work alone at times and be a team player and be able to work some weekend as needed..clean room environment
n/a
Chemical Casting Operator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 19, 2015
If the company wasn't moving production to Ireland I would be staying, as of December 2016 the plant will be closing, and jobs will be lost.

Want to know more about Millipore Corporation?

Ask a question
good place to work
Supervisor was Willie Mczorn (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHAugust 17, 2015
I had a good job there until the company split and went to Texas would recommend any job here a Millipore to anybody. I would of gone to Texas but no employee's could go.
It is now called EMD Millipore
Sr. Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 21, 2015
Good place to work and most of the comments are sa before.
Company has changed mulitple times so thus the management.
I liked work culture of Millipore.
Average work place
Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAApril 22, 2015
Millipore was a nice company to work for,people all very nice.The company changed when Merck bought Millipore and are outsourcing everything and everyone they can. I suggest staying away or you will be looking for employment too.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Outsourcing taking place
A rewarding experience with a promising future.
Lead Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Always on my feet.
I've learned a lot about the people I've worked with and I've also learned that to have what you want, you must be positive and work very hard to achieve.
My managers are extremely helpful.
Every week was a mission, the brain, the body was always working to delegate, allocate, distribute... and make sure that all the products will be out on time.. the most enjoyable part of this job, is being able to execute the challenges of the day.. and also our lunch time conversations.
the best place for work
A/C in summer
Great workplace!
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 20, 2014
EMD Millipore is a great company. I have been there for over 13-years
Awesome place to work, people were very friendly and easy to work with
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 18, 2014
Managed the customer complaints, the corrective action process and databases including development of metrics that addressed failure cause, action taken, schedule milestones and resolution. Generated weekly and monthly reports and presented findings at quarterly Management Reviews. Trained new engineers and worked closely with process and manufacturing engineering on root cause analysis.
• Conducted trend analysis using Business Objects and developed Excel spreadsheets to streamline data capture; also facilitated weekly complaint meetings to define priorities and drive resolution.
• Participated in both internal and customer audits entailing process evaluation and documentation review; completed ISO Lead Assessor Program with Excel Partnership.
Pros
Great bunch of co-workers
Cons
Cannot say anything here
A typical day at work.
Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 7, 2014
Slim to no chance on being permanent or promotion. They hire and fire so much the people who train don't do a good job because they are fairly new themselves. Most of everything, you figure out on your own through trail and error. There is favoritism as well as nepotism. Their are people there for five years still temps with same pay as day one with no benefits. You have to wear uncomfortable work shoes.
Pros
Location and parking
Cons
Hard to breathe with mask on.
Oracle 11i (OM, INV, AP, AR, GL) Oracle10g, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Developer 6i (Forms and Reports 6i), Discoverer 10g, XML publisher, Workflow 2.6, VSS,
Oracle Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 5, 2014
 Communicated effectively with the clients to understand and get information regarding their Business practice. Involved in requirement gathering and analysis and design of the application.
 Involved in the complete setup of pricing that included price lists, modifiers, qualifiers, profile options, lookups, attribute mapping, etc.
 Defined Transaction Type, Payment terms and Invoicing rule setups and invoice, receipt related setups in AR.
 Developed the PL/SQL Scripts to translate the old Asset Category to new Asset category values that are been setup in the R12 Fixed Assets
 Developed the SQL*Loader script to load the data to staging tables and then to interface tables for Order Import program to import orders. Wrote packages to validate and populate the interface table
 Developed PL/SQL packages to validate legacy data for items conversion with categories in Oracle Inventory (INV) module.
 Customized standard Oracle reports like Suppliers Report, Account Status Report, Account Analysis Report and Backorder Summary Report as per the business requirements.
 Oracle Workflow:
 Developed workflow business events to report the promise date and schedule ship date changes on the orders.
 Customized the PO workflow to send notifications to specific people using adhoc roles.
 Xml Publisher:
 Extensively used XML functions like XMLELEMENT(), XMLFOREST(), XMLAGG()etc. for XML output and integrated with Xml Publisher for better lookup of the reports.
 Designed and Developed Blanket Sales Agreement and Blanket Release Reports using XML Publisher for better lookup.
  more...
 Used CONCSUB to invoke and execute the Concurrent Programs from Unix Shell Scripts.
 Developed ad-hoc reports according to user requirements and created custom business views/folders using Discoverer10g
Meet great people everyday.
Field Service Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 2, 2014
Meet great people everyday. Interesting equipment to service.