Millis Transfer Employee Reviews

decent place to work keeps you busy.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Weedsport, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Stay out for about 3 mths weekends kinda sucks. Nothing really bad to say about them. Don't plan on leaving so that might say something. Co drivers are normally friendly.
Pros
Free coffee, tv in trucks, shop gets your truck in and out pretty quick depends on issue.
Cons
weekend dispatch could offer loads that's about it
good place to start truck driving
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Great equipment, but you dont get the feeling that minorities are always welcome and dispatch is believed to show favoritism towards more of the caucasion drivers as far as issuing out longer distances and more miles daily.
Pros
no forced dispatch
Cons
not getting a lot of miles
processor out front
Processor (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 25, 2016
you see may types of people from near and far traveling and delivering the product all over the world . I enjoy seeing many of the faces here some more than others .its a fun place to work
Pros
decent pay and bonuses
Cons
too many schedule changes you cant plan your life
Decent pay and set hours
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJune 7, 2016
It was nice to know when I was actually free. The days were long. I didn't get along with all the co-workers but I wasn't the only one so I know it wasn't mean and there are jerks everywhere.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
long days and pay
Great company to drive for
OTR company driver 53'dry van (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIMarch 17, 2016
I enjoyed driving for Millis Transfere very much. lots of miles, home time requests always kept, new equipment. but I would have to say the best thing about the company is that I had a great dispatch.Friendly drivers. terminals conveniently loacated.
Pros
good pay, newer equipment, friendly drivers
Cons
a by the book company no wiggle room
Regional Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCNovember 29, 2015
Drove for six months. You don't get a lot of miles. They got spy cam in trucks. Cheat you out of miles. For people looking to get your CDL, do not go through them. Talk to a lot of students who were not making any money. If you get on a regional run, they are going to put you in a small truck with half a twin bed.
Pros
Equipment is fairly new but small
Cons
No miles, small trucks & little pay
Stressful work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 27, 2016
Millis Transfer Inc needs better management over all. The company is a trucking company but has no base value for its employees below corporate level. The benefits they offer are reasonable but need to better explained.
Pros
pays every week
Cons
high turn over rate
OTR Driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIMarch 21, 2016
Over the road truck driver, hooking and unhooking trailers. Loading and unloading trailers. Dealing with bills of lading weight restrictions and trafic.
Productive and fun place to work.
Truck/Trailer Mechanic - Burleson, TX (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXAugust 5, 2015
The company consists of knowledgeable co-workers and team players. I work independently off-site of main shop and provide emergency service,supervising one employee. I have learned a lot about different ways to accomplish the same result in the same amount of time. The hardest part of the job is keeping multiple tasks going simultaneously while supervising coworker, but have learned techniques that work. Having accomplished any particular task to the satisfaction of a driver who is in a hurry, has been the most enjoyable part of the job. Management is open to suggestions and readily available.
Pros
Ex benefits.
Cons
Limited availability for advancement.
Excellent Safty focused Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIDecember 18, 2015
Excellent Company. Plenty of miles available. Excellent benefits. Fair home time for a over the road company. Well managed secure company. I would highly recommend.
Pros
Godd benefits
Cons
away from home too much
Great company to work for
Over-the-road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIDecember 15, 2015
This is the place to be for an over-the-road career in truck driving. New truck every three years. They really take care of you.
Pros
Excellent equipment
Cons
Spy cams in the trucks
Nice Co-workers
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJanuary 4, 2015
In the morning I would check my email, Then I would log into our database and get applications and call applicants that were qualified for the driving positions. I would do background checks on the applicants, run MVR reports, and if everything checked out then I would call them and let them know their application was excepted. Fun workplace and the people I worked with were very nice. The hardest part of the job was getting angry drivers or other callers about our drivers. The most enjoyable part of the job was calling an applicant to let them know there application was accepted.
Pros
We could buy damaged goods at cost
Cons
not family oriented
Good Company with Much More potential
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WINovember 17, 2014
I liked working at Millis. They are a steady company with potential to be great. The pay scale is a little screwed up. I made great money there because I trained students. Pay scale is not consistent and should be more level across the board. I left the company due to the installation of on board cameras. Wouldn't be an issue with me if I was home every night but not if I am sleeping in the truck for them week after week on the road.
Pros
Great Equipment
Cons
Pay and benefits not strong enough. Camera in truck
Regional in 36 inch Bunks
Driver (Current Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 15, 2012
Be Careful with the Recruiting, just Like the Army, FALSE promises, The home 1-2 days a week weekends home, not going to happen, be very careful on the rate of pay they tell you that your going to make. The trucks are very nice the OTR TRUCKS, The Regional Trucks are Nice but Very, Very SMALL to be out there all week in ( 5 days), 36 inch sleeps, my car interior is Bigger then this Truck. Miles average about 1700, you do the math
Pros
excellent freight, very quick dispatch to next load
Cons
very small trucks on regional, hamster cages are bigger
Not recommended
Truck Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJanuary 6, 2015
Start work at all different hours of the day and night . Have to wait on loads . drive 11 hrs a day management not concerned with any thing but making sure loads where delivered .Coworkers where vary nice to talk with when you had a chance , hardiest part of job is the hours not vary consistent I enjoyed driving and the challenge of backing
Cons
inconsistent work and pay
Productive, for someone who like to travel alone
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJanuary 23, 2013
It was fun travel to a lot of places and seen different cities. Good co workers that would help you out. It's a hard life with a family to make good money. The hardest is being alone and talking to you kids over the phone is stead of being with them or seeing there games.
Pros
free coffee, free clothes washer and dyers.
Cons
pay for uniforms
I could of been a contender.
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIOctober 9, 2012
I was enjoying my work with Millis Transfer. They kept me moving and when I had a challenge they were very efficient to resolve my concerns. However, my resignation was disappointing.It was a result of policies that should have been cited before my hire and implemented based on the required information and additional information I had furnished to make their decision on hiring me or not easier. .

In spite of what I had submitted I was hired. Then, after several weeks of working, a second background check was made confirming what I had already given them. They let me go on the record of resigning because their policies, according to their Safety Department, stated that they could not keep me employed with them. If this didn't happen I would be their best driver today.
Pros
keeps you rolling and resolves challenges efficiently.
Cons
inefficient background checking.
Good company with good values
Regional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXDecember 30, 2014
You will get out what you put in. They are more than fair and will do what they can to help you as long as you are a team player.
Pros
pay and miles are good at peak times of year, They guarantee home time as long as you schedule it a week in advance
Cons
away from family, slower during non peak times
Rip off!!!
otr student trucker (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WINovember 19, 2015
Their training program is a joke.And if you decide you don't want to be a trucker you will have to pay them $5.500.What a scam.I can see maybe charging $1.000.
good people
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJanuary 24, 2015
i would recommend millis transfer to anyone who is willing to drive OTR. they have a great training program and upon completion you are automatically hired. good benefits, good equipment. dispatch does a good job of getting you home when you want to. pay is competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millis Transfer. Our community is ready to answer.