Millis Transfer Employee Reviews

good place to start truck driving
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Great equipment, but you dont get the feeling that minorities are always welcome and dispatch is believed to show favoritism towards more of the caucasion drivers as far as issuing out longer distances and more miles daily.
Pros
no forced dispatch
Cons
not getting a lot of miles
decent place to work keeps you busy.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Weedsport, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Stay out for about 3 mths weekends kinda sucks. Nothing really bad to say about them. Don't plan on leaving so that might say something. Co drivers are normally friendly.
Pros
Free coffee, tv in trucks, shop gets your truck in and out pretty quick depends on issue.
Cons
weekend dispatch could offer loads that's about it
processor out front
Processor (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 25, 2016
you see may types of people from near and far traveling and delivering the product all over the world . I enjoy seeing many of the faces here some more than others .its a fun place to work
Pros
decent pay and bonuses
Cons
too many schedule changes you cant plan your life
Decent pay and set hours
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJune 7, 2016
It was nice to know when I was actually free. The days were long. I didn't get along with all the co-workers but I wasn't the only one so I know it wasn't mean and there are jerks everywhere.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
long days and pay
OTR Driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIMarch 21, 2016
Over the road truck driver, hooking and unhooking trailers. Loading and unloading trailers. Dealing with bills of lading weight restrictions and trafic.
Great company to drive for
OTR company driver 53'dry van (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIMarch 17, 2016
I enjoyed driving for Millis Transfere very much. lots of miles, home time requests always kept, new equipment. but I would have to say the best thing about the company is that I had a great dispatch.Friendly drivers. terminals conveniently loacated.
Pros
good pay, newer equipment, friendly drivers
Cons
a by the book company no wiggle room
Stressful work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 27, 2016
Millis Transfer Inc needs better management over all. The company is a trucking company but has no base value for its employees below corporate level. The benefits they offer are reasonable but need to better explained.
Pros
pays every week
Cons
high turn over rate
Excellent Safty focused Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIDecember 18, 2015
Excellent Company. Plenty of miles available. Excellent benefits. Fair home time for a over the road company. Well managed secure company. I would highly recommend.
Pros
Godd benefits
Cons
away from home too much
Great company to work for
Over-the-road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIDecember 15, 2015
This is the place to be for an over-the-road career in truck driving. New truck every three years. They really take care of you.
Pros
Excellent equipment
Cons
Spy cams in the trucks
Regional Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCNovember 29, 2015
Drove for six months. You don't get a lot of miles. They got spy cam in trucks. Cheat you out of miles. For people looking to get your CDL, do not go through them. Talk to a lot of students who were not making any money. If you get on a regional run, they are going to put you in a small truck with half a twin bed.
Pros
Equipment is fairly new but small
Cons
No miles, small trucks & little pay
Rip off!!!
otr student trucker (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WINovember 19, 2015
Their training program is a joke.And if you decide you don't want to be a trucker you will have to pay them $5.500.What a scam.I can see maybe charging $1.000.
Productive and fun place to work.
Truck/Trailer Mechanic - Burleson, TX (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXAugust 5, 2015
The company consists of knowledgeable co-workers and team players. I work independently off-site of main shop and provide emergency service,supervising one employee. I have learned a lot about different ways to accomplish the same result in the same amount of time. The hardest part of the job is keeping multiple tasks going simultaneously while supervising coworker, but have learned techniques that work. Having accomplished any particular task to the satisfaction of a driver who is in a hurry, has been the most enjoyable part of the job. Management is open to suggestions and readily available.
Pros
Ex benefits.
Cons
Limited availability for advancement.
good people
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJanuary 24, 2015
i would recommend millis transfer to anyone who is willing to drive OTR. they have a great training program and upon completion you are automatically hired. good benefits, good equipment. dispatch does a good job of getting you home when you want to. pay is competitive
Not recommended
Truck Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJanuary 6, 2015
Start work at all different hours of the day and night . Have to wait on loads . drive 11 hrs a day management not concerned with any thing but making sure loads where delivered .Coworkers where vary nice to talk with when you had a chance , hardiest part of job is the hours not vary consistent I enjoyed driving and the challenge of backing
Cons
inconsistent work and pay
Nice Co-workers
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJanuary 4, 2015
In the morning I would check my email, Then I would log into our database and get applications and call applicants that were qualified for the driving positions. I would do background checks on the applicants, run MVR reports, and if everything checked out then I would call them and let them know their application was excepted. Fun workplace and the people I worked with were very nice. The hardest part of the job was getting angry drivers or other callers about our drivers. The most enjoyable part of the job was calling an applicant to let them know there application was accepted.
Pros
We could buy damaged goods at cost
Cons
not family oriented
Good company with good values
Regional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXDecember 30, 2014
You will get out what you put in. They are more than fair and will do what they can to help you as long as you are a team player.
Pros
pay and miles are good at peak times of year, They guarantee home time as long as you schedule it a week in advance
Cons
away from family, slower during non peak times
Millis now has spy-cams in all trucks.
driver (Former Employee) –  brf, wiDecember 23, 2014
Millis now has spy-cams in all trucks.

I call them spy-cams, even though they're right there on the windshield staring at you because Millis claims they can only audio/video record you when you have a critical event (i.e.: hard braking).

Millis says: Don't worry they'll never come on when the truck is stopped and you're in the sleeper. That turned out not to be the truth. You can be in your bed and that camera will come on whenever they want to see what you're doing.

What Millis doesn't tell you is that whenever the green exclamation point light is on, they can both hear and see you in "live time" just like Face Time on your cell phone.

The stress level that the cameras create is difficult to deal with. Many drivers have already reportedly resigned.

Odd thing .... Millis keeps sending us safety messages stating that the no.1 cause of crashes is distractions, yet they have this major distraction right in the middle of the windshield staring at you.

They started these cameras right around the same time the most recent of the Millis Brothers got busted again for DUI right there in Black River Falls, WI.

Millis was a really good co. til they got embarrassed by more DUI arrests by the 5 brothers who own the co..
Good Company with Much More potential
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WINovember 17, 2014
I liked working at Millis. They are a steady company with potential to be great. The pay scale is a little screwed up. I made great money there because I trained students. Pay scale is not consistent and should be more level across the board. I left the company due to the installation of on board cameras. Wouldn't be an issue with me if I was home every night but not if I am sleeping in the truck for them week after week on the road.
Pros
Great Equipment
Cons
Pay and benefits not strong enough. Camera in truck
A great experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 21, 2014
Responsible for delivering goods over the road to customers.
Productive and Family Orientated
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIMarch 23, 2014
A typical day consistent of driving - a manifest - loading trips - securing cargo - loading and unloading trucks - minimal maintenance (diesel, oil, anti freeze, pre/po trips) route planning
Pros
pay, experience
Cons
healthcare, over the road

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millis Transfer. Our community is ready to answer.