Millis Transfer Employee Reviews

Great trucking company, Good to drivers.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WINovember 16, 2017
I loved the atmosphere. Treated me much better than mega trucking company I started with. Do all they could to keep you rollin'. Worked with me knowing family member had health issues, and time when son was born.
Nice trucks w/amenities. Day cab jobs available in some locales. No pressure if you get job done.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, Great equipment, Great Hometime for OTR drivers, Some day cab jobs available...
Cons
Not all drivers sweep trailers when done(as with many companies)
If you like home life and making money this is the company for you
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WINovember 15, 2017
If I ever go back on the road, this is the only company I will drive for. Clean, newer equipment, all Kenworth's. Dispatch works their butt off to keep you moving or to get you home on time.
Pros
everything
Cons
very very few west of Texas run if any.
do not interact much with co-workers. do not see them much.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Eden, NCOctober 26, 2017
leave all hours of the day or night, drive to location for delivery. unload, then got to next pick up point. delivery load. head home if times allows. if not spend 10 hours sleeping hopefully in truck. get up and do it all over again. traffic is always concern, so I plan to travel as much as I can at night with less traffic on the roads. I live for the weekends when I can get out of the truck. I don't enjoy staying in the truck so much.
Some issues but overall a good company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 23, 2017
For a "starter" company you can't do much better. I was treated fairly and they provided me with fair compensation. I would entertain working there again, if that says anything.
Good, easy-going place to work. Keep your nose fairly clean and you'll be ok.
CDL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Streator, ILAugust 4, 2017
Good place to work, you have your choice of running anywhere east of a line from Minneapolis to Ft. Worth or regional, which to them is a 6 state area. You can get home on the weekends running regional, but your mileage (and pay) will suffer. If you run long distance, you will get home every two weeks and can get 3000 miles a week easy. Management is not bad, but they are just about ALL related one way or another.
Pros
Nice, late model trucks (usually no more than 3 years old), Easy going management.
Cons
You can't make that much money (2000 miles a week maybe) if you choose to run regional for them.
Big nation wide company
Semi-Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Richfield, WIJuly 14, 2017
If you like all the benefits from a big business and you can keep up, this should be considered. If you are detail oriented you will like this place. If you think you can add "your 2 cents" and give the company some good ideas, don't even think about applying.
great home time, stable company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 7, 2017
great equipment, great dispatch, always get to go home on time. dispatch is always on call, great benefits and healthcare plan free sirus radio and direct tv
miles vary
Driver (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXJune 22, 2017
the job is average i guess.depends on if you are a local,regional or otr driver or a spotter. the miles are hit and miss...its a good company to get cdl with but not permanent
A family owned company that treats their employees fairly
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Trenton, OHJune 5, 2017
I only worked for Millis as a trainee for 4 months. The training was first class except I did have an OTR trainer who neglected to train me in backing or parking.
I think overall that Millis Transport is an excellent company to work for and I wouldn't hesitate to return there fulltime.
Good money, good management but bad lifestyle for OTR Truckers.
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIMay 17, 2017
Truck driving is easy but being away from family was hard. You do have to spend alot of time waiting and never get on a set sleep schedule. Some people love it, some hate it.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Lifestyle
Do not work here. They watch you 24/7 & record you.
Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAApril 23, 2017
The cameras inside the truck record you 24/7 Not just when the light is red as they claim. They record everything you do. Even if you are a honest very hard working driver they can ruin your record with any little thing from recording you without your knowledge. Not a good company to work for. I wish I had been warned or at least told the truth. Find a company that actually cares about their drivers and that your not just another number at. Insurance was worthless, deductible was so high that I paid for insurance and ended up paying every penny of my medical bills, insurance never paid one cent.
Pros
Sometimes had good miles. Not consistent though.
Cons
Camera, Insurance, Miles, Management, School.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIApril 14, 2017
Good miles, home time when needed. Dispatch actually answers the phone if you need them right away. No problems with company. Clean terminals with fresh fruit and coffee.
Pros
Keeps you running at a good pace
Cons
Atlanta traffic
Fast Paced environment
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIApril 3, 2017
Work at my position at Millis is a little out of the ordinary. It is very fast paced and there's very little time for a break. There are times when you get a moment to get your senses back but you don't know when they will come. It is a very stressful position for me.
Pros
No one watching over you
Cons
Difficult to keep up with the work load
Ok to start if your running from home and dont want to see it any more
Driver (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Good training and start if you don't miss your home. The same thing is over and over again and expect lots of northern cities
good place to start truck driving
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Great equipment, but you dont get the feeling that minorities are always welcome and dispatch is believed to show favoritism towards more of the caucasion drivers as far as issuing out longer distances and more miles daily.
Pros
no forced dispatch
Cons
not getting a lot of miles
decent place to work keeps you busy.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Weedsport, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Stay out for about 3 mths weekends kinda sucks. Nothing really bad to say about them. Don't plan on leaving so that might say something. Co drivers are normally friendly.
Pros
Free coffee, tv in trucks, shop gets your truck in and out pretty quick depends on issue.
Cons
weekend dispatch could offer loads that's about it
processor out front
Processor (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 25, 2016
you see may types of people from near and far traveling and delivering the product all over the world . I enjoy seeing many of the faces here some more than others .its a fun place to work
Pros
decent pay and bonuses
Cons
too many schedule changes you cant plan your life
Decent pay and set hours
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJune 7, 2016
It was nice to know when I was actually free. The days were long. I didn't get along with all the co-workers but I wasn't the only one so I know it wasn't mean and there are jerks everywhere.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
long days and pay
OTR Driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIMarch 21, 2016
Over the road truck driver, hooking and unhooking trailers. Loading and unloading trailers. Dealing with bills of lading weight restrictions and trafic.
Great company to drive for
OTR company driver 53'dry van (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIMarch 17, 2016
I enjoyed driving for Millis Transfere very much. lots of miles, home time requests always kept, new equipment. but I would have to say the best thing about the company is that I had a great dispatch.Friendly drivers. terminals conveniently loacated.
Pros
good pay, newer equipment, friendly drivers
Cons
a by the book company no wiggle room

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millis Transfer. Our community is ready to answer.