Mills College

Mills College United States Employee Reviews

Interesting people and good learning experience.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 27, 2015
For a usual day, I get there 45 minutes early and set up all equipment needed for the rehearsal. I am in charge when the teacher is not there as well as help out in any way shape or form. I have arranged and transposed parts for the ensemble. This job requires me to be the teaching assistant for both Mill's Music Improvisation Ensemble and Contemporary Performance Ensemble. Best part of the job is working with so many interesting students.
Great Office Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: professional, free coffee, great experience
On a typical day I made the morning's coffee, watered the plants, turned on the lights and opened the windows. Then I would check the voicemails and make notes of people I needed to call back. Once 9 AM rolled around I turned the phone on and began responding to voicemails. As calls arrived I talked to people on the phone and answered their questions or directed them to other people in the office.
When Guests came in I talked with them and found the appropriate people to help them. I conducted tours of the college campus where I interacted with perspective students and answered questions.
When I was not working at the front desk I would work on projects such as recruitment calls, stuffing envelopes, filing, or inputing data.
Office worker
Office Worker (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: difficult to balance with schoolwork
I enjoyed both the management and the office environment of my job. I had simple but rewarding tasks.
What I learned
Reader (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2014
I thought that reading was just that, but I learned that it is a part of the learning experience and that I had a responsibility to my student. I had to research and provide different sources for learning.
an amazing place to work
Popular American Culture Instructor (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 22, 2012
I love working there... but the drive TO work was a bit scary through the center of Oakland. But I felt very safe on campus
my day was good...and the people are nice too..
Custodian, Front Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 19, 2012
Pros: good food..
Cons: co-worker
How to work with people...and co-worker and the boss...it was a nice job to have.....