Mills Fleet Farm

Mills Fleet Farm Employee Reviews

Learned a lot
Front End Operator (Former Employee), Plymouth, WIJuly 28, 2015
When working at Mills Fleet Farm I learned how to manage customers and what a work environment consists of. As my first job I enjoyed meeting new people and helping others.
Fast paste/ high expectations
Farm Dept (Former Employee), Waite Park, MNJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Meet alot of people
Cons: Hours
Typical day at work included stocking shelves and helping out customers in store.

Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and helping them out.
Summary
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIJuly 8, 2015
I had this job throughout high school and part of my college career to save money to pay for it. Managers and co-workers were fun to work with, although there were some days that were worse.
Loved it
Consumables/ Housewares Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Winona, MNJune 16, 2015
I did more than just the title I was given, but being flexible and learning fast was very helpful in this position. I loved it.
Great place to work and nice employees
Cashier/Security Guard (Current Employee), Alexandria, MNJune 11, 2015
I really like working at mills fleet farm coming into work everyday and enjoy helping customers and working with great people!
Productive and Responsible workplace
Front End Specialist (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great team members to work with.
Cons: Part time workers don't get many hours.
A day at fleet farm is mostly standing on the end of the service counter by the doors welcoming and thanking customers as they enter and leave the store. The longer you work their the more you learn and the better you get with customers and co-workers, along with management you have to be able to communicate between everyone you work with and interact with on a day to day basis. The hardest part of my job would be running the front end because their are so many duties you have to complete and as the store gets busier the harder it gets, the more customers that come check out the more calls we get and the slower we end up going.
ok place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Ankeny IowaApril 12, 2015
Typical day was talking to customers and cashiering purchases made there is alot to remember at the register unlike working at other places. The schedule was ok and the people were different in age so it was nice to have co-workers your age or close enough to talk to. to make the time pass.
Productive and fun working in Sporting Goods Department
Sporting Goods Clerk (Former Employee), Menomonie, WIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Hunting, Fishing, Coworkers
I learned alot about customer service in the retail business by working at Mills Fleet Farm. I had a blast working with and selling hunting and fishing gear.
Productive, fun and welcoming place to work
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Manitowoc WIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: A nice solid 30 minute break
Cons: Being on your feet all day
Fleet Farm was my first job and a great one. I learned a lot about customer service as well as understanding operations of each departments of the store. I found co-workers very helpful but managers a bit off-kilter. I enjoyed the breaks and being able to sit down for once! A typical work day is operating a cash register and assisting customers to find and get the best services and products possible.
Mills Fleet Farm
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, good pay
Cons: hours get cut during slow times
I usually spend my day stocking shelves, helping customers, and cashiering. The part of my job that I like is meeting new people and getting interact with them and to be able to help them out when they need it. My co-workers are very kind and courteous.
Love working with my co-workers
Frontend Cashier (Current Employee), Manitowoc, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: atmosphere and different people i meet
Easy to get along with management and the people I work with. I have the ability to advance when there is an opening. I've learned to run a cashier, work in the gas hut, garden center (seasonal) and clothing department.
Steady employment
Replenishment Analyst (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: low morale, non-competitive pay
Work load rarely varies
Learn and interact with various parts of the supply chain
Management lets employees do their jobs without micromanaging them
Employees are hard working
Free heath care coverage if guidelines are met
goood opertunity advancment as well as work structure and benifits
Express lube\ Mechanic (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: no smoking
good place to work provides good corporate structure and overall workers safety as well as the opportunity for advancement typical 8- 6 shifts will work with schooling
Poor place to work
Sporting Goods Clerk (Former Employee), Antigo, WIDecember 30, 2014
Treated very poorly with below average compensation. Management is under qualified, schedules are changed randomly. Timeclocks do not work correctly and employees are disciplined because of it.
Fun place to work
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee), Oakdale, MinnesotaDecember 27, 2014
Working in Loss Prevention at Fleet Farm allows you to really focus on what loss prevention really is. It is a serious job and requires a lot of patience and attention. Fleet Farm offers quality training to do the job and they are work with you.
Good flexible hours with a good work environment.
Front End Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Antigo, WIOctober 27, 2014
Depending on whether or not I am a cashier, working in clothing, or as an FEO, I have different job duties. In clothing it is a lot of stocking, cleaning, and customer service. As a cashier it is just customer service and getting carts. As a Front End Operations Specialist, I am in charge of the cashiers I have for the day, to clean the front of the store, get carts in, count money, handle returns, and keep up with the customer service required. It is a hard job but I think I handle it well, and it is an enriching experience.
Slow growing mom and pop company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mason City, IAOctober 5, 2014
Management asked (told) to move if performing well. Local management has little to no discretion on merchandising.
Nice place and friendly co-workers
Technical Clerk (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: pay & hours
Inventory Management
Accounts Payable/Receivable
Was able to travel to other store locations and meet business owners
Good starting place to work
Cashier/Clothing Department (Former Employee), WisconsinSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, weekend pay
Cons: long hours, repetition
Typical retail job with long hours and dealing with customers. Offers good pay and extra on weekends which is nice.
Great place to work for during college years
Fuel Center Clerk (Current Employee), Fargo, NDAugust 29, 2014
Pros: coworkers, time goes by quickly, every day is different
Cons: limited hours and discounts, monotonous duties at times
I learned how to properly deal with customers while working at Fleet Farm. In the store I was a cashier and it was a good experience. Interactions with coworkers and customers is common and most often courteous. From time to time also learn how to deal with angry customers. In the gas station there were many duties to complete if it was slow at registers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mills Fleet Farm

Mills Fleet Farm has been proudly serving the Upper Midwest since 1955 with high quality merchandise you won't find anywhere else. – Read more

Mills Fleet Farm Salaries