Mills Fleet Farm Employee Reviews in United States

Fun people to work with
Pricing Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 17, 2016
A typical work day for me as a pricing associate was answering the phone and talking to customers to get them to the department they wanted to be sent to. I learned that you have to answer the phone with a smile, and always be positive even in a tough situation. Also I entered discrepancies, checked emails, printed off shelf labels, made sale signs, and hung various types of signs. The management for the most part was very nice. I loved working with my co-workers. They were very friendly. The hardest part of my job was entering the discrepancies, because you had to figure out what type of discrepancy it was, and that could be difficult.
Pros
paid breaks, flexible hours
Cons
long shifts
Customer based work and I love working and helping people
Paint/Hardware Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 3, 2016
Greet customers and help them find what they need.

As a paint employee I mix paint or color match and just
help them pick out colors. Stain is a lot of talking back
and forth with the customers before they pick a color or brand.

I cut keys of all kinds. I will talk to the customers as I am
cutting the keys.

I stock the shelves and locate products thru out the day.

I help my co-workers with location of products or which
department they are in. I walk all over the store with customers
to find there product.
Pros
Great benifits, free lunch 1/2 hour.
Cons
Rotating hours sometimes really hard late on night and 6am start the next morning.
Great assistant Managers very helpful
Gas Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baxter, MNJuly 9, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Baxter Gas Mart ,Until I was Naive enough to believe if one was to report misconduct to Management,there was no retaliation.....DO NOT BELIEVE THIS !!!!!!
Upper management were very cordial and I actually believed they were concerned.
However the dept manager who had been there for years immediately began to criticize all that I did to the point of actually saying my customer service was too good,just take the money get them out the door!!!I I left that same afternoon.there was some relationship between one I reported AND DEPT mgr.
THAT WAS AFTER FOUR APPRAISELS FROM ASSISTANT MGRS OF ALL THREES????????
Pros
Upper Mgmt great to work with vey helpful!!!!
Cons
dept mgr apparently has no knowledge of Fleet Farm policies!!!!!
Place going down hill
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 14, 2016
Kkr takeover not good for Mills Fleet Farm employees. Corporate getting fired almost every week. Managers and assistants quitting or getting fired weekly. Met the new CEO twice and he's sneaky scary. The Vice President is even worse!! If his head gets any bigger it's going to explode! Do what you're told now or you're fired even though we don't pay or treat our workers good enough for them to care so we never have enough help. Don't explain why because they don't care. Very rough times right now and stressful to work here. By the way, no paid breaks either, you come in early or stay late to earn the right to take a break.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Long hours, bad leadership that makes you feel worthless
Hard to work for
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 2, 2016
pay sucks mangers treat you bad, they will let you go full time day before they have to pay your befits health 401 k etc. Turn over rate high. Time card sucks also can be right at 30 min break punching in and finger print reader reads it as turn over is a point against you and you only get 5 points
Pros
Cons
time machine to fussy
Amazing coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAApril 18, 2016
I loved working here when I started. Everyone was nice and we got a lot done with having fun at the same time. Now, the dynamic has changed. No one likes working there, management can't keep anyone for very long, and management doesn't listen. however, I still enjoy working here for the most part because most of the customers and coworkers are really nice and funny.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
short breaks, bad pay, poor management
Great place to work on a part time basis after retirement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed Working at Mills Fleet Farm on a part time basis. I left Mills to Retire in 2007. Started out in the Warehouse and then secured a job on the gate where I could work directly with people which I enjoy most.
Pros
Great team of people to work with in the yard
Cons
cold windy weather
worked part time 3 years
Plumbing/Electrical clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 1, 2016
Typically retail, customers always have to be right even when they are wrong. the front end "FEO" is awful. they always call you from your department to come help cashier because fleet farm hires teens that quit within the first 2 weeks after being hired as cashier. I mainly stuck in the warehouse forklifting cause I hated being on the sales for. The only thing I look forward to is when they reward the employees with free subway.
Pros
pretty nice environment, make lots of friends.
Cons
management, lack of cashiers always, wierd work hours.
Really great work environment to be in.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carver, MNMarch 20, 2016
At work I would help customers find products on the floor and I was also a cashier. I learned how to greet customers, sell a merchandise and present it. Management is awesome at Mills Fleet farm. My co-workers always helped me out if I was stuck on finding something. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see customers leave happy with everything that they came to the store for.
Pros
Free lunches on black friday, holiday dayoffs
Cons
short breaks
Friendly work staff and large selection of products
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 30, 2016
Help and assisting of customers
Learned multiple areas in sporting goods home improvement and automotive
Co-workers of all age groups
Enjoyed being face to face with customers and fulfilling their needs
Hardest part of the job not being able to satisfy everyone due to inventory at times
Poor
Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 31, 2016
Management is very degrading, disrespectful to FEMALES, no one to back you up, SOP Harassment Policy does not apply to Managers or Supervisors.
Pros
Vacation, sick time pay, Co Workers are the best
Cons
Management is manipulative, very low self esteem, they suck the life out of you, Promote those who are mindless, fire those who know what they are doing, Stay away from the Corporate office
Very Long Days with BELOW average pay!
Logistics/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2016
Very Long Days with below average pay! Plenty of hours in the trucking part of it! Start time between 4-5am, sometimes earlier! End time 5-6:30pm, sometimes later! You are VERY MICRO MANAGED and knit picked to death! Very poor management! Very low moral, company wide! If you do not want a life outside of work, this job is for you!!
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Long hours Very POOR Management
Drama
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 5, 2016
a little slow in the morning and then around 11 or so it gets busy. I learned how to deal with high school drama all over again. the coworkers can be really cool and then some are not so nice. the hardest part was putting up with the high schoolers. the best part of the job was always meeting new people.
Pros
managment
Cons
your coworks can easyily turn into part of your family
Disorganized Revolving Door, Managers that don't care
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAMarch 2, 2016
Only way to advance is to move out of State as you can only go up one position in the same store. Management staff is not engaged and does not seem to care. New rules every week and a week later everyone stops caring. Very poor communication at store and Managers give no information, everything is top secret.
Pros
Almost free Health Insurance
Cons
everything else
Too stressful
Pricing Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNMay 20, 2016
The managers are not very helpful when it comes to tasks, there was absolutely no training it was here go do this, never got out on time was always there 30 minutes to a hour after a shift. To many task to get done in a short period of time.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
no formal training
Friendly place to work.
Farm Dept Clerk (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 14, 2016
A typical day at work is that you are never not busy. I'm learning about farmers and what they buy. Management here are great, friendly people, so are the people i work with. The hardest part of the job is moving all those pallets of animals feed when you first start out. The most enjoyable is help customers with finding thing they need for their new puppy or kitty.
Pros
Great healthcare plans
Cons
No employee discount.
Good job with good people.
Clothing Associte (Former Employee) –  Carver, MNApril 19, 2016
Providing excellent customer service to store guest
I learned how to manage and maintain a clothing and shop department.
Learned to work with others to accomplish a task.
Developed good friendships with my coworkers.
Pros
Flexible part time schedule
Cons
Short staffed
A place to work if you need the money
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 6, 2016
If you are desperate for a job, this is a company to look at. While the products are decent and at a good price, the company has issues at every level.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
poor employee morale, unpredictable scheduling
I dislike it very much. Dirty work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 29, 2016
Mill's Fleet Farm is like walking into a dusty old been. Yes Fleet Farm is made for men and farming, great, working there as a teenage girl drove me crazy. No one ever smiles or has fun and it is the worst job experience I could've obtained.
fun and enjoyable
Front end operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 24, 2016
when i worked there i enjoyed all of the associates and the customers were always friendly and greeted everyone with a smile. i would for sure work for them again if i got the chance to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mills Fleet Farm. Our community is ready to answer.