Mills Fleet Farm Employee Reviews

Set up like a concentration camp
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 19, 2017
If you have never worked any where else this job might be ok for you. The strictest dress code no smoking finger print scanner. They show the smallest trust in employees.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
Working at Mills Fleet
Great people to work with
Merchandising Technician/Price Management (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 19, 2017
Everyone worked well together to get the job handled. Benefits and Pay were fair. Very strict policies for all employees to follow. Everyone was always watched very closely.
Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Circle Pines, MNJune 19, 2017
Good place to work,it is fast paced,alot to do with little help .Hours can be early morning or afternoon.You will do everything from check people out to stock shelves.
Good starter job.
Lawn and Garden Associate (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 18, 2017
I defiantly would recommend this job to anyone who is first starting out, (working wise), or for someone who is retired. Would not recommend to anyone who is looking for long term. With the new owners the place has gone down hill. Hardly any communication within management to the associates.
Pros
Sometimes you are able to do overtime.
Cons
Healthcare, lack of communication.
A good company, however micro managed. I worked hard at this company doing everything and really loved it.
Hardware/Building Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carver, MNJune 15, 2017
I learned a lot and enjoyed the everyday challenges. The customer service aspect was great, however the management did not support the employees. I multi-tasked big time from keeping the floor covered to the products to the warehouse to the floor as well as phone coverage and then the inventory management plus the order fulfillment to get out and special orders and processing.
Well its a job.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJune 15, 2017
Put simply its a job that has quite good benefits for full time employees. However the pay is lack luster management is horrible and very little room to advance after being hired. Most of the employees are great and easy to get along with.
Pros
flexible with hours, benefits, break is paid
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
Nice workplace
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 11, 2017
Fleet Farn is a nice, fast paced workplace. The people you work with are all very pleasant and nice. The management is nice and very easy to talk to about anything concerning work
Didn't mind working there but when it goes busy, it was kind of crowded and frustrating at the same time
Front End Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 8, 2017
Was an okay place to work. There was a point system that you had to follow and if you went past the number of points you could attain, you got fired. The managers were not very understanding, at first they were but the longer i worked there, the unfriendlier they got.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 7, 2017
Great support from Management, good balance between home and work life. Would work for them again, wish they had something in AZ.
Team atmosphere, everyone helps in other departments if needed. Management works with you to find ways to improve and strengthen the employees.
Sucks! Sucks! Sucks!
Service Writer, Automobile/Tire Center (part time) (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 4, 2017
OVER STRESSED AND UNDER PAID! What good is a 10% Team Member Discount when they don't pay wages high enough to use it on?? Just a ploy they use to try to sucker in new employees!
Pros
Most co-workers are nice
Cons
Low wages and understaffed
fast paced
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 28, 2017
Fast paced, long hours standing on your feet. Clientele varies. Culture is close knit, big employee turnover. A culture that is good for students, works around your school shedule.
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMay 26, 2017
The pay was horrible here. The managers were horrible and did not care about the empoyees at all. The job was basically working with customers and ringing up transactions.
Their inventory and back stock is a total mess.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 24, 2017
Working at Fleet Farm is an exercise in frustration. They get daily deliveries of merchandise that they don't need and have no place to store.You end up taking it to a back storage area and stuffing it anywhere you can find an open spot. Almost no organization of back stock.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 16, 2017
I worked in the mornings at Mills Fleet Farm, I do online schooling so that I can work more hours. I normally stayed very busy at fleet farm. Many days, I would be so busy I didn't know where the day went! Everyone that worked there was so nice and helpful when I started. I was always laughing and learning something new there. I also made a lot of good friends there. It is a great environment.
Pros
Great co-workers, amazing managers, great customers, paid breaks, very fun environment.
Cashier, paint, hardware
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIMay 16, 2017
It was fun working at fleet farm but there was a lot of family drama and I never really got to just do my job always had to help the front end and it started to make me regret working there.
Awesome co-workers and management
Automotive Service Writer/Auto clerk (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNMay 15, 2017
The place always had a good vibe, co-workers were good at keeping a sense of humor about working in retail. Lots of joking whilst working. There's always something to do, so you're never standing around wasting time. Management is great, and the company takes care of its employees.
Pros
Co-workers, management, hours, work load
Cons
Pay, retail
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work is starting on the registers at the gas mart for me, then making popcorn and keeping up the roller grill. Great atmosphere. Everyone is super close and like family.
Pros
Paid breaks
Good Co-workers
MERCHINDES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNMay 8, 2017
The Farm department is kind of labor intensive but it is manageable. The people you work with are one of Mills biggest advantages, Most of the people a very relax and outgoing. All they ask is you do your share and you will get along with them pretty well.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Retail job, more on the outdoors side
Clothing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNMay 2, 2017
A typical day involves physical work, such as lifting, climbing, standing, walking, etc. You have to organize and prioritize your tasks efficiently. Willingness to be flexible with shifts and positions is a plus, and enjoyment of people and the over-all Fleet Farm business as well.
rude staff
Front End Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  cambridge, mnMay 1, 2017
My experience with a recent co worker ruined the whole experience working at mill fleet farm for me. she was rude and never offered help. made me and other employees feel worthless.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mills Fleet Farm. Our community is ready to answer.