Mills Fleet Farm

Mills Fleet Farm United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working in Sporting Goods Department
Sporting Goods Clerk (Former Employee), Menomonie, WIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Hunting, Fishing, Coworkers
I learned alot about customer service in the retail business by working at Mills Fleet Farm. I had a blast working with and selling hunting and fishing gear.
Productive, fun and welcoming place to work
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Manitowoc WIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: A nice solid 30 minute break
Cons: Being on your feet all day
Fleet Farm was my first job and a great one. I learned a lot about customer service as well as understanding operations of each departments of the store. I found co-workers very helpful but managers a bit off-kilter. I enjoyed the breaks and being able to sit down for once! A typical work day is operating a cash register and assisting customers to find and get the best services and products possible.
Mills Fleet Farm
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, good pay
Cons: hours get cut during slow times
I usually spend my day stocking shelves, helping customers, and cashiering. The part of my job that I like is meeting new people and getting interact with them and to be able to help them out when they need it. My co-workers are very kind and courteous.
Love working with my co-workers
Frontend Cashier (Current Employee), Manitowoc, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: atmosphere and different people i meet
Easy to get along with management and the people I work with. I have the ability to advance when there is an opening. I've learned to run a cashier, work in the gas hut, garden center (seasonal) and clothing department.
Steady employment
Replenishment Analyst (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: low morale, non-competitive pay
Work load rarely varies
Learn and interact with various parts of the supply chain
Management lets employees do their jobs without micromanaging them
Employees are hard working
Free heath care coverage if guidelines are met
goood opertunity advancment as well as work structure and benifits
Express lube\ Mechanic (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: no smoking
good place to work provides good corporate structure and overall workers safety as well as the opportunity for advancement typical 8- 6 shifts will work with schooling
Poor place to work
Sporting Goods Clerk (Former Employee), Antigo, WIDecember 30, 2014
Treated very poorly with below average compensation. Management is under qualified, schedules are changed randomly. Timeclocks do not work correctly and employees are disciplined because of it.
Fun place to work
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee), Oakdale, MinnesotaDecember 27, 2014
Working in Loss Prevention at Fleet Farm allows you to really focus on what loss prevention really is. It is a serious job and requires a lot of patience and attention. Fleet Farm offers quality training to do the job and they are work with you.
Good flexible hours with a good work environment.
Front End Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Antigo, WIOctober 27, 2014
Depending on whether or not I am a cashier, working in clothing, or as an FEO, I have different job duties. In clothing it is a lot of stocking, cleaning, and customer service. As a cashier it is just customer service and getting carts. As a Front End Operations Specialist, I am in charge of the cashiers I have for the day, to clean the front of the store, get carts in, count money, handle returns, and keep up with the customer service required. It is a hard job but I think I handle it well, and it is an enriching experience.
Slow growing mom and pop company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mason City, IAOctober 5, 2014
Management asked (told) to move if performing well. Local management has little to no discretion on merchandising.
Nice place and friendly co-workers
Technical Clerk (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: pay & hours
Inventory Management
Accounts Payable/Receivable
Was able to travel to other store locations and meet business owners
Good starting place to work
Cashier/Clothing Department (Former Employee), WisconsinSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, weekend pay
Cons: long hours, repetition
Typical retail job with long hours and dealing with customers. Offers good pay and extra on weekends which is nice.
Great place to work for during college years
Fuel Center Clerk (Current Employee), Fargo, NDAugust 29, 2014
Pros: coworkers, time goes by quickly, every day is different
Cons: limited hours and discounts, monotonous duties at times
I learned how to properly deal with customers while working at Fleet Farm. In the store I was a cashier and it was a good experience. Interactions with coworkers and customers is common and most often courteous. From time to time also learn how to deal with angry customers. In the gas station there were many duties to complete if it was slow at registers.
Old fashion
Employee (Current Employee), WisconsinAugust 27, 2014
Pros: closed on major holidays, paid lunches
Cons: no discount, pt treated like seasonal employees, old fashioned, slow to change
Mills Fleet Farm is a family run business with old fashion views which are slowly turning around as the owners get older and cannot run the business. And I do mean things move slowly. Very old fashion values where they believe management should live their life at work without regards for a family. The only true people that are valued at this company at store level are the Department Heads and those with extensive knowledge in their assigned areas. They want those with expertise but do not want to pay them. Pay raises are yearly and are decent for retail if you are in good standing. Do not get any points with their attendance or you lose money or your job. Do not punch in even one minute late or you get points. Part time associates are treated like seasonal employees. They will keep hiring PT associates until they do not get enough hours and then cut hours drastically when the seasons are slow.

The company does not offer any benefits to PT associates nor does it offer any employee discount for any associate. The FT benefits are in line with the rest of retail as long as you are in shape as they have you take wellness assessments at the store bi-annually.

Management attempts not to play favorites but it is evident there are favorite associates who are valued more than others. Employees are not encouraged to come up with new, creative or more productive methods of conducting work. It is basically the corporate way. They do not encourage a person to think at this job.
Part time work shipping and recieving
General Receiving and Forklift operator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 14, 2014
Pros: easy work with decent wages for the area.
Cons: would be stressful at times when huge orders would arrive and need to be sent to store.
Retail location was very clean and very organized, I made it my goal to make sure everything was checked in right and keep everything in an orderly fashion when driving forklift and taking materials to there designated area in the warehouse. Management was very sincere to me and the other employees. Manual checking in of all items using a handheld rf scanner.
productive in the workforce
Housewares assoc (Former Employee), Cambridge, MNMay 26, 2014
Pros: every day was different
Cons: some days were difficult
I loved the individuals that worked with me at this company. The managers were always available for recommendations on how to accomplish tasks in a different way
This job was a nice fast pace.
Full time Farm Associate (Former Employee), Mason City, IowaMay 13, 2014
The dept. head was a poor leader and trainer. The everyday job consisted of pulling pallets and throwing bags, I liked that it kept me busy but there was no organization or structure which was stressful and frustrating.
over all a good company to work for
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), Appleton, WIApril 9, 2014
moto; it is what it is. co-workers eager to help. Not hard if following direction.
Terrible place to work
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAApril 3, 2014
Cons: everything
Very inconsiderate employees and most of the management. I was fired for paying for a bag of chips out of the vending machine, and then a second bag came out on its own. I was then accused of stealing.
na
Housewares Associate (Former Employee), Blaine, MNApril 2, 2014
stressful at times, stocking the floor and driving a forklift in the warehouse putting up freight

1 2 3 4

About Mills Fleet Farm

Mills Fleet Farm has been proudly serving the Upper Midwest since 1955 with high quality merchandise you won't find anywhere else. – Read more

Mills Fleet Farm Salaries