Millwood Hospital Employee Reviews

Most terrible place
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 17, 2017
Worse Working environment. Nurses are overwhelmed and overworked. Nurses are so busy, they don't have time to take a break. They use nurses as tech whenever they are short of tech. No control over the addicted patients. Same nurse will do 2-3 admissions and 3-4 discharges same day.
Pros
Cons
Leaving
Mental health tech
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 1, 2017
This job was okay, management was poor, they didn't really care about their workers/ Some staff was not there for the patients just for the paychecks. I wouldn't recommend this job to someone.
Stay away from all UHS hospitals
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Unsafe for all patients and amp employees. Staff taking care of patients treat patients terribly and don't care. Units are dangerous due to minimal staff. People are tricked into coming in for an assessment and then trapped. This is one of the worst places I've ever worked for. Turnover rate is very high.
Pros
If you apply, you will be hired
Cons
If your apply you will be hired. Run fast! You could die here
Stay far away!
RN Psychatric- Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 20, 2016
Horrible in any language or definition. You are not RN here. You function as a machine. Forget being a charge nurse, you do not have any control of your unit, you will have 15 to 20 patients on multiple units in addition to 3 to 4 admissions. Oh yeah all your documentation is handwritten!
Pros
Health benefits available in 30 days
Cons
Everything except health benefits
Job insecurity...no advancement
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 17, 2016
Good place to gain experience/knowledge but that's it!..Acknowledgement of good performance and awards are only for those they feel should be awarded to,..depending on who you are.Some people are rude,very stressfull job at times.Good days at times though.Long term or advanced opportunities?...look else where.
Pros
gain experience/knowledge
Cons
Tremendous turn over
Do not work here if you want to keep a license and you actually care about your patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 26, 2016
This hospital is the most unsafe, dirty, dangerous, and incompetent place I have ever worked. This place does not care about the patients or their safety, but only the money they receive! I have never seen a place admit people when they don't even have beds available. They have patients sleeping in a seclusion room because it has a bed and toilet, so it can be considered a room... Disgusting!! That room could be needed at any time and then the pt would be removed out of their "room" while they are trying to sleep to put a pt that is dangerous to themselves or others for however long it takes them to become safe, can be 2 hours or more and the patient that is also paying to be at this facility is forced to sit in a chair in a day area or sleep in a chair until their "room" becomes available! There has also been multiple occasions where a pt doesn't have a room and must sleep in the day area when the seclusion room is already taken... What a joke! There is never enough staff! This place is unsafe!! It is not safe for your license or your patients and their safety! If u actually care about your patients which you should do not be a part of this atrocious facility! Children are admitted to this facility and the staff is so short and regardless of who you tell as far as management they won't and can't help you and don't have anyone to send to help because their is no one because most people with any type of heart and brain wouldn't be a part of such a place any longer than they had too! Supervisors have less degrees and experience than some nurses under them and have no clue what  more... they are talking about. They tell nurses to things even when they obviously have no idea what they are talking about and they are wrong!! If you care about your license and people you care for... STAY AWAY!  less
Pros
Staff on the floor
Cons
Short staffed, dangerous, dirty, no supplies when needed, does not have best interest of patients and their safety!
Poorly managed, always short staffed, unethical practices
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 21, 2016
A typical day consisted of caring for between 12 and 30 patients at times, assessing each patient, planning and providing care for those patients, and evaluating care given and patients' responses, Communicating with staff, physicians, and families of patients when needed, documenting all care performed and responses. I learned how to multi task, improve time management and basically became independent in the psychiatric field. The hardest part of the job was working with management with poor ethics. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Understaffed, poor management
n/a
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 5, 2016
I opt out to write a review with the horrible company that is Millwood hospital.........................................
I learned that we all need help at some point in our life.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 30, 2015
I learned a lot about myself as a professional / trainer. I enjoyed the opportunity I was given to teach Verbal De-escalation and how to deal with anyone who is aggressive and uncooperative.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Continuous Management Change
Understaffed and dangerous
RN (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Stay away! Working here jeopardizes your license and your life! They are dangerously understaffed and their only concern is admitting more patients.
You could do better
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 30, 2015
MW will protect their investment at all cost with out regards for PT or staff safety. When it comes time to answer for their actions or lack thereof the staff (ones who actually spend time on the floor) are blamed. A complete overhaul is needed if things are to get better. If you can play politics, bite your tounge, and need experience apply, but you could do better.
Pros
experience, a check
Cons
low moral, lack of leadership, no team support
Fun place to work
Military and Law Liaison (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 27, 2014
Was a great place to work most employees were enjoyable to work with
like the team I work with despite management decisions
Psychiatric ICU (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 30, 2014
Interim DON making power play decisions with the support from the CEO not in the best interest of the patients putting nursing licenses at risk.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Know what you are getting into
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TexasMay 20, 2014
I honestly wouldn't suggest working here if you actually care about helping people, or if you would like to get paid what you are worth.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, you feel like a patient
Busy
❸ Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2013
A typical day is busy and you must have good time management skills otherwise you will fall behind. Keeping calm and professional is always being tested in the mental health setting.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Expect to be stressed from time to time
I have never been treated so poorly as an employee.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 4, 2013
When I started working here everything seemed okay. When my new boss started things went down hill. He is very unprofessional, degrades you, and has no respect for anyone. We are always understaffed, mainly because everyone quits because they cannot stand it there. Some coworkers are nice, which makes the place overall okay.
Unprofessional
Staffing Coordinator/ Nursing Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2013
Sorry to say there was nothing positive about my experience here.
Enjoyable Company to work for.
Mental Health Technician / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 14, 2013
Enjoyed working for Hospital, as I was able to utilize all of my experience in Counseling, Crisis Intervention and Substance Abuse. I was also able to be a part of the Training Team to teach and work not only with management, but staff as well.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
constant management turnover.
Proceed with caution
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  ArlingtonDecember 31, 2012
Millwood Hospital puts profit before patient care. On numerous times the units were staffed with one RN for over 20 inpatient psychiatric patients. The staff wants thr best for patients but is prevented from high quality care from the profit driven CEO. Children and Adolescent Units are way unerstaffed with kids and not enough techs. The co workers are supportive of each other. Benefits are pretty good..salary is low.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management, work load and unrealistic expectations of completion.
Mental Hospital
MHT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 27, 2012
The environment is different everyday but I love helping & being there for the people that get disowned by their own family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millwood Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4