Milton Cat Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good place to work, strong future
Field Service Technician/ Technical Communicator (Former Employee) –  Worcester County, MANovember 14, 2017
It is a good company, strong, definitely will be around for a long time. An excellent Caterpillar dealer, with a strong customer service mindset. Definitely a respected company that is a good place for growth potential.
Not what it used to be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 25, 2017
The company seems to be trending in a more corporate direction. (cuts to benefits, raises, staff, overtime) The moral feels like its always going downhill, the focus has shifted to increasing the bottom line and making more money for the company at the cost of the employees. Quite sad and i hope it improves
Pros
there are none
Cons
pay for all your benefits, pay is below the industry standard
Productive and healthly work enviroment
Assistant Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 6, 2017
Please visit www.miltoncat.com for any questions on parts or shipping of a variety of equipment needs throughout the New England and other shipping locations worldwide.
Tough environment to work in for women
Certified Caterpillar Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 2, 2017
The environment is especialy difficult for a woman that works for the Inside Sales Department. The manager of that department is not very mature. Talked more about his personal life.
Pros
Well established company
Cons
Management needs to focus more
Demanding job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clifton park nyJuly 16, 2017
Managers are useless no help are not organized to keep work lined up parts ordered always wait till last minute to doanything pay is good but you have to put up with a lot of bull to get it
Pros
Talented workforce
Cons
No leadership
horrible company do not work for this company you will regret it
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 5, 2017
treated terribly they go thru dozens of salesman. If your not in the inner circle you are nothing. Milton Cat is the most arrogant company i have ever seen. The New York state manager is an evil person. They lie to you and treat you like a moron. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Sell great product
Cons
treated bad, lied to, pay low, huge turnover
Numbers are key.
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Meet with clients.
You have to learn most on your own.
Management is only concerned about what you can sell
Out on the road not much contact with others in the company
Getting clients to understand the additional cost of our product because of its value
Most enjoyable delivering a machine
Pros
free health care
Cons
if you do not meet #s you are gone
Challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEDecember 7, 2016
Milton Cat provided a clean, safe and challenging work environment. I would be happy to continue to work for the company.
OK place but mismanaged
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 18, 2016
Worked in warehouse with little training. Management is not aware of what is happening, do not properly manage personnel.

Co-workers were mostly great to work with, although many were leaving.

Don't trust the union rep there nor supervisors.
Pros
Good benefits
Good career choice
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAApril 27, 2016
I was able to work with some of the most knowledgeable people in the world. Very good benefits and salary. It was a great career choice.
Great Company
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brewer, MEJanuary 27, 2016
If you're willing to relocate, you can go far. Advancement is encouraged, benefits are great, management really appreciates everyone.
decent pay
technician (Former Employee) –  NHDecember 14, 2014
Decent pay is about the only thing that keeps people employed here. The company is very top heavy with management. Middle management is all about making their numbers look good at all costs. They have no value towards their people, and consider them disposable. Many middle managers have no business being in the position, did I mention they are on a power trip too. Good place to make some money and get out before it swallows you.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
too many to put here.
Learing Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Overall a learning experience that I'd rather forget about.
Low pay, long hours, poor management
Distribution Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 13, 2014
Not good pay for time spent at work, communication between management and branches was poor, work life balance was improved by flex time/early release day if working Saturday, but still did not make up for long days and weekends.
Pros
Young/fun work staff, fast pace environment
Cons
low pay, not good work/life balance
Excellent company to work for
Project Manager/Project Engineer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 16, 2014
Throughout my continued tenure at Milton Cat I have had the opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionally
Not a Good Fit
Sales Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 11, 2014
Not a good fit for my skills and career aspirations. Moved on to a bigger company with more opportunity.
Learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warner, NHMarch 10, 2014
Good compant to work for unfortunatly has some break down in mangement.
Cat was a 5 minute commute from home and I had a great 10 years there.
Credit and Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 12, 2012
Milton Cat was a great place for me to work as I raised my kids.
My 1st boss was a family orientated man who would bend over backwards for his workers,my kids would come into my office and my boss would take them into his office where there were all kinds of toys they could play with or he would take them into the Cafeteria and buy them snacks or drinks.
The man made me, my wife and my kids feel like family and honestly it was a very special place to work for as a father of young kids.
I started there during the height of the BIG DIG so I was constantly busy on the phone or having face to face meetings with customers and my 1st 7 years my average raise was 10% or better.
We had frequent weekend adventures with our families and often ate 3 meals a day together.
The boss also gave me oppurtunity to step out of the office to prosecute our small claims cases rather than assign them to an attorney to go to a job sight to oversee what was going on with some of our high profile customers. He would also delegate all collection and credit decisions to our Credit team without micro managing..
Therefore he did expect results from us because he gave us the tools and the responsibility to get the job done without having to babysit, if you failed at your assignments he wasnt adverse to telling you how it was and how it should be.
The end was swift and severe.
In 2006 Caterpillar couldnt find enough steel to build enough machines to satisfy our customer base nationally. By the end of 2007 the sales staff was facing 30% salary cuts and the layoffs began. For 3 years I watched co worker after
  more... co worker get cut and when the 2010 year ended the writing was pretty much on the wall for me and many others.  less
Pros
short commute, lots of responsibility, the ability to self motivate and use my education and judgement to get the job done
Cons
high pressure environment, watching good men lose it all due to this recession.
My view on Milton CAT
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYSeptember 25, 2012
I find it to be a good company to work for but if you are looking to be a rep in this company....there is no support so you are on your own.
co workers are great are the inside folks
Pros
company name
Cons
lack of sales support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milton Cat. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9