Milton Cat

Milton Cat Employer Reviews

Learing Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Overall a learning experience that I'd rather forget about.
Long hours, low pay, poor managment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Milford, MAJune 12, 2014
Pros: fun staff
Cons: dont get on managments bad side, will force you out of a job. greg bouvier
This was a great job to start off with, but as like anything you learn all about the promises and claims. Worked for about 2 years there no yearly review or anything. Ended up being forced out of a job because management didn't get their way.
Low pay, long hours, poor management
Distribution Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Milford, MAMay 13, 2014
Pros: young/fun work staff, fast pace environment
Cons: low pay, not good work/life balance
Not good pay for time spent at work, communication between management and branches was poor, work life balance was improved by flex time/early release day if working Saturday, but still did not make up for long days and weekends.
Excellent company to work for
Project Manager/Project Engineer/Sales (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 16, 2014
Throughout my continued tenure at Milton Cat I have had the opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionally
Not a Good Fit
Sales Contract Coordinator (Former Employee), Milford, MAMarch 11, 2014
Not a good fit for my skills and career aspirations. Moved on to a bigger company with more opportunity.
Learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Warner, NHMarch 10, 2014
Good compant to work for unfortunatly has some break down in mangement.
Cat was a 5 minute commute from home and I had a great 10 years there.
Credit and Collections Manager (Former Employee), Milford, MAOctober 12, 2012
Pros: short commute, lots of responsibility, the ability to self motivate and use my education and judgement to get the job done
Cons: high pressure environment, watching good men lose it all due to this recession.
Milton Cat was a great place for me to work as I raised my kids.
My 1st boss was a family orientated man who would bend over backwards for his workers,my kids would come into my office and my boss would take them into his office where there were all kinds of toys they could play with or he would take them into the Cafeteria and buy them snacks or drinks.
The – more... man made me, my wife and my kids feel like family and honestly it was a very special place to work for as a father of young kids.
I started there during the height of the BIG DIG so I was constantly busy on the phone or having face to face meetings with customers and my 1st 7 years my average raise was 10% or better.
We had frequent weekend adventures with our families and often ate 3 meals a day together.
The boss also gave me oppurtunity to step out of the office to prosecute our small claims cases rather than assign them to an attorney to go to a job sight to oversee what was going on with some of our high profile customers. He would also delegate all collection and credit decisions to our Credit team without micro managing..
Therefore he did expect results from us because he gave us the tools and the responsibility to get the job done without having to babysit, if you failed at your assignments he wasnt adverse to telling you how it was and how it should be.
The end was swift and severe.
In 2006 Caterpillar couldnt find enough steel to build enough machines to satisfy our customer base nationally. By the end of 2007 the sales staff was facing 30% salary cuts and the layoffs began. For 3 years I watched co worker after co worker get cut and when the 2010 year ended the writing was pretty much on the wall for me and many others. – less
My view on Milton CAT
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Batavia, NYSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: company name
Cons: lack of sales support
I find it to be a good company to work for but if you are looking to be a rep in this company....there is no support so you are on your own.
co workers are great are the inside folks

About Milton Cat

Rome was not built in a day, but then again the Romans couldn't go to Southworth-Milton either. An authorized Caterpillar dealer – Read more