Milton Hershey School

Milton Hershey School Employer Reviews

Usually outside workplace with Activites
Paid AEE Intern (Current Employee), Hershey, PAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch, snacks, very welcoming, nice breaks, fun activites
This internship/job is very enjoyable. You get to work with friends, and the bosses are very nice and caring. Because this job is only for interns that are still in school, you must be going to the Milton Hershey School in order to meet the requirements to apply for this job.
The mission is great but ...
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: the satisfaction of helping needy children, good benefits, good people overall
Cons: policies apply to some but not all, non-union staff have no recourse
The school's mission is to serve underprivileged children and it does a good job in doing so. However, the organization itself is highly dysfunctional and personality driven.

The pay and benefits are great and there are wonderful, dedicated people who work there. Job satisfaction however is highly dependent upon where you work within the organization. – more... There is no training for new managers and many in management are terrible at managing people. – less
Great benefits
Transitional Living Coordinator (Former Employee), Hershey PADecember 12, 2013
Pros: housing, pay, benefits
Cons: sacrifice personal life
The Milton Hershey School is ideal for someone who wants to save money and work with children from inner cities and rural areas. The position I worked in required me to be available 24/7. Weekends and evenings were lost. There was little to no time for personal family.
Fun and comfortable Workspace
Volunteer (Current Employee), Hershey, PADecember 10, 2013
I love working here, it is a happy place to be. Everyone smile and love each other as if we knew each others for years. There is no place like Milton Hershey School to works as a student.
Extremely Enjoyable.
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee), Hershey, PAAugust 8, 2013
Daily I would encourage children to engage in our planned activities, and monitor them during camp, until it was time to bring them to or from school. I often ran small errands for my supervisor. My co-workers were extremely friendly, and enjoyable to be around, as well as helpful. I enjoyed working with the children everyday, as they were always positive – more... and energetic. – less
Great Place to work!
Part time Utility Worker (Current Employee), Hershey, PaAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Gather everything needed for Middle School Cafeteria from the Central Distribution Center and deliver. A great place to work, with a wonderful mission. Enjoy being part of a systems that helps underprivileged kids get a new start in life!
very pleaseant place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Hershey, PAApril 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch and work environment
Cons: not making enough money
A lot of hands on cooking and preping food.Manage was great to work with all the time,co-workers for most part were very pleasant and easy to get along with,the hardest part of that job was leaving to get back into management to make more money.
This places gives its employees a lot of benefits
MHS Summer School Teacher 9th grade English (Former Employee), Hershey, PAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches
This places gives its employees a lot of benefits and the co-workers are amazing.
Milton Hershey School
Baby Sitting Infants to 10 year olds (Former Employee), Hershey, PANovember 7, 2012
Pros: everything
This school will help anyone in need. A great school! A+
This school teaches many values and wonderful things. This is the best school I have attended. I would not have the things that I have now if it wasn't for this school.
House parenting. 14 teen age girls
House Parent (Former Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free housing
Cons: long hours with little pay.
In the morning we had morning house chores for the girls, fed them breakfast and sent them to school on time.
After girls went to school we checked the chores, and did office work for 2 hours.
We then were free until an hour before the girls started coming home, unless there was a meeting.
When the girls got home we would transport them to various after – more... school activities, make sure they did there homework, and got them supper and put them to bed.
Our day typically started at 5:30 am and finished at 11:00 pm. – less
Productive and fun place to work with free lunches and ping pong table.
Building Services (Current Employee), Hershey, PAMay 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches, free uniforms, great pay and affordable health benefits.
Cons: the lifting of heavy objects such as science tables in classrooms.
Compensation is the highest of all the custodial positions in the state of Pa. A typical day at MHS is greeting all the many children , staff and perform all duties expected of my job. I have learned that the children that come to this school need an understanding hand up in life and focus on there rewarding educational needs. The management is very – more... understanding and knowledgeable. very helpful. Co-workers are very helpful and we all treat each in the most professional way. The hardest part of the job is shoveling in the winter. The most enjoyable is having the students thanking you for cleaning their school. – less
Overall great atmosphere to help change the lives of young people.
House Parent (Current Employee), Hershey, PennsylvaniaFebruary 6, 2012
Pros: great benefits, free houseing, wonderful fellow house parents
Cons: very steep in tradition, poor leadership, very political.
Being a house parent has allowed me to bring my skills as a father, husband and man of God to young men whose lives have been filled with negative influences. The Milton Hershey School offers an alternative to their "norms" and as House Parents, it is our responsibility to assist them in becoming positive and more productive young men.