Milton Hershey School Employee Reviews

A dynamic educational facility for children with serious needs
Third Grade Teacher/Fifth Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 19, 2017
Every day was unique.
I was always educated and was encouraged to acquire my master's degree which I did at their expense.
The management was very detailed.
The workplace culture was very nice.
The hardest part of the job, was the amount of paperwork.
The most enjouable part of the job was the children I had the pleasure of teaching.
Pros
The children I educated
Cons
N/a
Dedicated
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 19, 2017
when i started here at the school i found the challenges of the job very rewarding. the staff was great tow work with, but as the years have gone on the outlook of the job is not the same anymore.
Sweetest Place on Earth
Alumni Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 12, 2017
Milton Hershey School was the best place I have ever worked. I loved my time there and think that they really know how to treat their employees, students, and anyone else who come in contact with the school.
Milton Hershey School
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 17, 2017
I went to school at Milton Hershey. The staff there is wonderful and it's diverse. The Hershey area is a great and safe environment. I was treated well and I would go back any day to visit.
enjoyed it there they practically raised me
Youth Director (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 14, 2017
MHS is a phenomenal organization/ school. They have so much live and care there. They basically taught me good work ethics and almost everything that i know today.
Very productive place to work especially when you have a passion to help children reach their full potential. Love the children.
House Parent (Former Employee) –  Middle DivisionJuly 28, 2017
Milton Hershey School is an awesome place to work. Mr. Hershey was a true man of God and he was very unselfish. Working for Milton Hershey was a blessing for my husband and I. It is definitely a ministry. We wii always pray for the children and staff at Milton Hershey, and that Mr. Hershey's vision continues to live on. They take very good care of their staff and their staff's children as well. It was the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Many paid days off
Fun working with kids
Kids Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 23, 2017
Work from 8 am to about 3 om in the Summer with kids and have fun with them. Most of the kids loved it, we just showed them how it is growing up with caring siblings or friends in case they didn't have any.
produce labor
Horticulture Labor team leader (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 17, 2017
picking fresh produce and selling to the community.

learned different methods of growing and maintaining produce.

enjoyable part is the knowledge and learning atmosphere about horticulture.
Lovely Place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 23, 2017
It was a privilege and pleasure to temp. there. The faculty and administration were very nice. I learned a lot while there. The students appreciated what was done for you.
Hard work in the Heat
Environmental Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 21, 2017
Working at spartan warriors we would have a meeting in the morning before getting ready for the day, We would then take requests from around the school campus to complete. The most enjoyable part about working there was knowing that our work was appreciated, people who stood out and did well at the end of the week got an award. The hardest part was working through the heat.
Pros
Washing cars, working with friends and the award ceremony
Cons
The heat, some of the job requests (cleaning houses and pulling weeds)
busy place, enjoy working with children
primary caregiver and case manager for ten (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed the relationship that we had with our supervisors as they were always supportive and listened and worked alongside us. If you enjoy working with children, then this is a great place to work.
Pros
benefits, compensation
Great work atmosphere!
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at MHS very much, but hindsight is 20-20. I wish I hadn't left! Employees were treated with respect and it was a fun place to work. Good people.
Safe and fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 20, 2017
It was fun to work with the kids. I had to maintain the pool and do workouts every morning before my shift. It was a fun job. The training was great and came in handy.
terrible place
Seasonal Life-guard (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 20, 2017
I would not work for this school again or go back. I attended this school and it was the worst thing that ever happened to my life. very bad place and they do not do well by their employees either.
Wonderful place to reach those who need encouragement
Relief House Parent (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 17, 2017
My husband and I work 2 weekends each month reaching into children's lives to mentor and encourage them. To show them love and hope for a brighter future. The hardest part is hearing about their past, but at the same time giving them hope! Each home has 12 students and we have over 2,000 students. It has been a blessing being a part of this school, but after 8 1/2 years we decided to end our season. We enjoyed it because we could work together as husband and wife and set an example for the children.
Pros
It's a ministry!
Awesome place to work
Residential Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 10, 2017
A fabulous opportunity to work with children, providing them with stability and the resources needed to reach their full potential.
Best Place to Work
Year Round Experience Instructor Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 8, 2017
I love working here! I have worked for Milton Hershey School for over 5 years! I love the atmosphere of the area and the students are the best!
work place
Horticultural Intern (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 22, 2016
I loved this job because employer showed a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems, landed support and guidance to employees.
Used sound coaching techniques to solve disciplinary problems and provided continuous guidance.
Management was highly respected by employees for sharing concerns, problems, and opportunities.
I love this place.
YRE Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Milton Hershey School and also my high school. I loved being a role model for the elementary students I was in charge of and making their stay over the summer a great one. It was a very rewarding job.
Humbling
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 9, 2016
You really feel like you "aren't working" at times because it becomes a little part of your life. Giving back while working is always common here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milton Hershey School. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2