Milton Hershey School

Milton Hershey School Employee Reviews

Best Place to Work
Year Round Experience Instructor Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 8, 2017
I love working here! I have worked for Milton Hershey School for over 5 years! I love the atmosphere of the area and the students are the best!
work place
Horticultural Intern (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 22, 2016
I loved this job because employer showed a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems, landed support and guidance to employees.
Used sound coaching techniques to solve disciplinary problems and provided continuous guidance.
Management was highly respected by employees for sharing concerns, problems, and opportunities.
I love this place.
YRE Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Milton Hershey School and also my high school. I loved being a role model for the elementary students I was in charge of and making their stay over the summer a great one. It was a very rewarding job.
Humbling
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 9, 2016
You really feel like you "aren't working" at times because it becomes a little part of your life. Giving back while working is always common here.
Great opportunity to work with children
Houseparent (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 18, 2016
If you love working with children of need and can communicate well with your spouse and own children.....this is a great place! A very diverse population and dedicated staff to work with.
benefits
Cons
odd hours
Loved working for them.
Dining Room Worker (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 23, 2016
Typically I would come in a review what food needed to be prepared for the dining room salad bar and deli bar. I would then prep anything that needed to be done and stock the paper goods. When lunch was prepared and ready to serve by the cooks I would serve and clean the line as the employees went through the line. I cleaned the tables and cleaned to line once everyone finished eating.
Pros
Free lunches and good wages.
Cons
Because it was part time I recieved no benefits.
House parent was good job
Houseparent (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 29, 2016
Many perks at the job ..
The school runs your life ..
Free apartment attached to your work house
Always felt like I was working even when off.
Pros
People .. Benefits
Cons
Long hours .. Management..
Mhs
Event Worker (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 28, 2016
Love working at MHS. The kids and staff are great. I have worked various jobs at MHS and honestly getting to know the kids is the best part of the job. Every kid has a different story. Staff is always friendly and willing to help.
Pros
the kids.
Cons
not enough hours.
Great
Middle Division Student Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMay 30, 2016
Worked many jobs for the Milton Hershey School. Interacting with the kids was the best part of my job. Great pay. Students are great. Had a great supervisor.
Productive and has awsome challenges, great benefits, lots of work.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMay 21, 2016
Working at MHS has rewarding opertunities for its workforce. I enjoy giving of my labor to help all students of MHS. My Supervisor goes out of his way to make employees happy. He is Fair in settling any disputes. He is always willing to help.
Pros
One free meal, and three breaks, great benifits.
Cons
Sometimes stress from other co-workers.
Long days out in the sun
Spartan Work-Crew (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMay 16, 2016
We did a lot of odd jobs out in the sun with included landscaping and moving heavy furniture. I enjoyed the physical labor.
the sweetest place on earth
Finance Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 23, 2016
everyday was different, updating phone records, making paper files electronic, updating phone records, billing addresses, computer system filing alphabetically, performing audits on student homes, budgeting and sitting in meetings, answering phones etc.
Pros
loved it to much
Cons
i graduated
Very Safe Area.
Student Leader, IT,Staff (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 16, 2016
A typical day is surrounded by nice staff and its a very welcoming feeling. Theres always something that is willing to be done and thats a thing you like about a job. My Co-Workers are awesome and treat everyone mutually. The hardest part would just be trying to get everyone one on the same page when limited time. The best part is that you always look forward to the next day!
Pros
Welcoming, Fun, Safe
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 15, 2016
Typically open and deliver mail everyday, make or receive any phone calls, scanning and filing documents and also completing any other task that was handed to me
Rewarding job
Transitional Living Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 16, 2016
Working with students without the expectation of anything in return is at times exhausting. However the school is a community and a home for staff and students. Therefore there is not a lot of room for having a personal life outside of work.
Pros
Supportive, never the same day, Free Lunches, awesome benefits, PTO
Cons
poor work life balance, Schedule, meetings and inconsistent
.....
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 11, 2015
this is a great company. They pay well and give great benefits and also do great things for the children it provide for. This is all I can say really.
Providing a rewarding experience with disadvantaged children
Houseparent (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 8, 2015
I lived in a student home where I prepared students for duties and responsibilities as they progressed into adulthood. Management would perform weekly visits and/or meetings to track students development and well being. The position required long work hours, 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. The most enjoyable part of the position was watching young minds develop.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Long hours, difficult separation from work/family life, management did not allow independent counseling based on individual student needs
rewarding and fulfilling
Life and career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 6, 2015
I work at MHS as a surrogate parent to twelve high school girls.
The job is very demanding and stressful. However, the reward is very big because one has the opportunity to appreciate the growth of students entrusted to one's care.
Pros
mission-driven.
Cons
Stress
High School
Very diligent worker (Former Employee) –  Westville, NJSeptember 15, 2015
Worked and Volunteered while attending this Industrial School. I have also committed to becoming excellent and to demonstrating the practical ways of showing myself and proving to myself that anything in the future with just some practice.
Not organized and no hours
Event Worker (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 26, 2015
Was really pleased when I was accepted to work at MHS, but was not given the 29 hours I was told they wanted me for. They were unorganized which made it difficult to know what was expected of you from day to day. Co-workers made it enjoyable as well as working with the students. Loved getting to know the students there and build relationships with them. Sad to leave, but had to in order to advance in my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milton Hershey School. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2