Milwaukee Area Technical College Employee Reviews

challenging
Seasonal Bookstore Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2017
challenging yet fulfilling,fast paced
not for everyone, but if you value public education, worth while
educating and empowering Milwaukeans for over one hundred years
Went to college at MATC.
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2017
I received two associate degrees at MATC one in the Culinary field and also one in the Medical Secretarial program. I met a lot of people while in school.
Pros
Graduated from both programs.
Cons
The environment was a bit unsafe and the parking.
productive and fun workplace
Educational Assistant/ Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2017
a typical day at work was helping and assist the teacher in the classroom with what ever he/she needed help with. I learned how to work hands-on with the students some were more advance than others and those that needed more help and understanding the assignment that what I would do mostly, management was always intact the work culture was variety the hardest part of the job would be trying to keep them settle in the lunchroom or on the playground the most enjoyable part of the job is when the students call my name.
Fun place to work with great pay for part timers!
Academy Instructor & Associate Degree Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIApril 18, 2017
MATC was a great place to work with plenty of flexible hours and very good pay. Supervisors that allowed the staff to handle their classes and not interject just because they're "the boss".
Great experience and great crews!
Good
Student (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIApril 11, 2017
All instructors extremely professional. Program excellent. Wish those instructors were all still there today. There should be job placement help though, along with interview help.
Pros
Instructors and program
Cons
Can't think of any
Part time faculty (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMarch 24, 2017
MATC is an excellent establishment of learning. It is very well organized and run, has clear ideals and intentions regarding students and faculty, and exemplifies the best in our American educational system.
Pros
Good faculty and receptive students
Great place to educate
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 23, 2017
Great school, great teachers, great program. I am so glad I decided to go to school here instead of somewhere else. The teachers really care about whether or not you advance to the next stage.
Great work environment
Public Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 8, 2017
This is an unusual job, unlike others in the industry. Like traditional operations groups, we keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running despite hurricanes, bandwidth outages, and configuration problems. Unlike traditional operations groups, we also have full access to and authority to fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and harden it against all the vagaries of the Internet. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Strong candidates will have experience with both.
Cnc
Student (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2017
Great course, safe, clean environment, timliness, helpful, flexibility, willingness to work with you scheduling and machining parts to adequate understanding fo the machining process
Pros
accountability
Standard Community College
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 1, 2017
MATC is the largest technical college in Wisconsin. A lot of change is happening here for the better. Great transfer day programs and organizations on campus.
Benefits
Student Job
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53233February 3, 2017
Great job for student's. They work well around student's schedule and are willing to help when you are struggling. I would recommend this job to any one.
Great Place To Work
Network Specialist / Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 23, 2017
I loved working at Milwaukee Area Technical College and in doing so learned so much. I would recommend MATC to anyone, it was great.
nice
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2017
my work study position here was nice. Nice people to work with, flexible schedule, nice pay, easy work. Everything went by pretty smooth although the work could be confusing on what exactly we had to do.
Pros
nice people
Cons
confusing duties
Welcome Center-Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2016
It is a very good place to work, great hours, relaxing, it is very fast pace work at times, and there are always a friendly environment and the coworkers are always willing to assist with questions
No advancement - good place to get feet wet
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 31, 2016
Do not expect any form of support from upper management. Very retaliatory behaviors displayed across the campus. No room for advancement as MATC does not follow it's own hiring procedures. No performance based raises, which leads many to become complacent in their work Terrible response time by most MATC staff and faculty. Communication among departments is poor. Very low morale campus wide.
Over all, not a place to stay for life, unless you are ok with never advancing and learning the play the games that they play.
it is a good place to get your feet wet in higher education and decide if it is a good path for you. Pay and benefits are great while you're trying to figure things out. Does offer the ability to network with outside agencies with possibilities of making connections there.
Pros
pay, benefits, separate vacation and sick time banks
Cons
communication, lack of support from upper management, retaliatory behavior by management, supervisors get mad when you ask to use your vacation time
Attend School before Joining
VP of MATC Mequon Student Council (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIOctober 9, 2016
Make certain you are attending courses and are local to participate on projects. Projects happen frequently, and require student involvement.

Manage expectations well and communicate effectively to stick out.
Pros
Great community, High Level of Participation, Make Tough Decisions
Cons
Budget cuts
few team players
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2016
Working with the students that are interested in learning was the most rewarding part of the job. Benefits are good. Management is them vs. us. Work environment has few team players unless you are in the click.
best job ever
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJuly 18, 2016
This was my all time favorite job in which I loved so much. I would help student with what ever they needed. Such as homework finding classes walking them to other buildings.
Pros
experience basically everything
Cons
workstudy
Organized work environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2016
Filing and organized documents. greeting student in the right direction, answer phones and scheduling appointments prep testing.
Pros
Work within the college.
Cons
Only worksyudy job.
The diversity of Individuals that attend college makes going to school very interesting.
Employment Student Services - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 12, 2016
I love the environment especially the mind set of everyone, trying to complete assignments and meet deadlines.It's the way to go when you want to improve the quality of your life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milwaukee Area Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4