Milwaukee Area Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

The diversity of Individuals that attend college makes going to school very interesting.
Employment Student Services - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 12, 2016
I love the environment especially the mind set of everyone, trying to complete assignments and meet deadlines.It's the way to go when you want to improve the quality of your life.
Organized work environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2016
Filing and organized documents. greeting student in the right direction, answer phones and scheduling appointments prep testing.
Pros
Work within the college.
Cons
Only worksyudy job.
excellent employer
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 12, 2016
Excellent employer, dynamic and diverse work environment. Challenging and rewarding work where you feel you make a difference in the student experience and they make a difference in your life.
productive
Financial Aid Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  700 W. State StreetMay 22, 2016
stays busy and i love working there. It is the best job ever, wonderful staff. The work load is not so bad, learning alot about how financial aid works
Pros
Awesome work schedule
Cons
non
MATC allows one to serve the students of the surrounding community
Case Manager/Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  MilwaukeeMay 29, 2015
MATC has been a great place to grow and learn and to serve the community. I began Milwaukee Area Technical College as an adjunct faculty member and later started working in the Pre-College Division assisting students that needed to strengthen their academic skills. My tenure at MATC has enabled me to work in the Academic and the Student Services sides of the house and also learn about Marketing of the college. MATC has been a great place to learn and to work and to serve students.
Pros
MATC had one of the strongest unions in the country, enabling us to receive great benefits.
Cons
ACT 10 has stripped benefits--at retirement age and do not want additional losses
life
Student (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 4, 2016
student support wonderful. great place to learn and grow. easy hors but very challenging. overall will make anyone a better person
Pros
ease of access
Cons
hard to reach some tutors due to schedual conflict
Fun workplace
Student Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 10, 2015
MATC was a position that allowed people too much space to talk and less time being concerned about student welfare. The work environment was somewhat dangerous due to criminal minded students.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Excellent Benefits
Part-time faculty aid in providing quality skills and training to our students
Student Services Specialist-Adviser (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 13, 2015
Part-time faculty are hired because they are professionals in their field (2000 hours of occupational training), and in their capacity they are able to provide a world view of what is required in their expert field.
Pros
Supplemental income is good and instructors provide good instruction
Cons
Positions rarely translate to full-time employment
Great way to assist a large population of students.
Seasonal Office Associate/Bookstore (Former Employee) –  WIDecember 6, 2012
A typical day involved alot of walking, standing, and carrying heavy books. I learned how to help students determine what materials they needed for their classes. Management was great and very helpful as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the day was carrying the books because your arms could become very sore. The most enjoyable part of the day was meeting people, working with great friendly people and the exercise.
Pros
being able to be called back for the next season.
Cons
limited term employment with no benefits.
Part time instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2015
Community college. Great boss, mostly adult students. Taught three or four courses a year - mostly in evenings. Rewarding. Relied on friends to come in and supplement real work for the text book
Great place to work as a student worker
Office of Bilingual Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2015
I was able to learn a lot about all of the bilingual programs that were offered at MATC while working in this office. Received a lot of assistance from the knowledgeable staff in my office. My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand if I had any educational needs.
I never knew how much I would enjoy being a tutor!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 4, 2014
A typical day at work began with reviewing my student roster. Not only was I able to instruct others, but by tutoring, it strengthened my knowledge in the subjects I was assisting with. The management was always present and willing to help, and the same can be said of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was assisting my fellow students really grasp difficult concepts. However, this was too, the most enjoyable part because it helped me gain new ways to introduce the information.
Great place for school and work
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 10, 2013
MATC has a fantastic work environment. I was surrounded by extremely helpful and caring people that were very knowledgeable and experienced. I was given a chance to aid fellow students and alumni further their career plans as well as future goals. Definitely a place you can enjoy what you do and have no problem going to work everyday. The hardest part was not being able to give someone the information they needed or solve their problem immediately. Still, this is a great place to work and go to school.
Work Environment and Growth Potential
Office Specialist/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2014
This is a very stressful environment for people of color to work in. It is very difficult and almost impossible to move around the institution.

You are not likely to be promoted unless you're in the right circle regardless to whether or not you further your education or take on additional responsibilities.

Loyalty is rewarded. Not hard work.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
culturally exclusive.
High energy department many events
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WIJuly 9, 2015
Non stop work, high energy, spoke person, tour guide, organizer. I enjoyed working in this department of the college. Everyone became to depend on me.
It was fun and hard work.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 19, 2013
Just clean and do regular duties and help in the kitchen when called for.
That working with people can be fun and productive.
Management was good and helped when you needed it.
The co-workers were nice.
There was no hard part of the job.
I was able to see other people and interact with customers, while going to school.
Pros
yes you were able to get the left overs and take them home.
Cons
the only thing is i was not able to attend school because of the county of milwaukee.
Amazing department
Process Improvement Specialist - Grants Department (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 14, 2015
People oriented, one team, celebrate success, encouragement and support of each other.

Each and every employee feels the sense of belonging to the organization.
Pros
Excellent Leadership
Cons
Quality Assurance System not in place
Productive and motivating Sales
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2013
Sale of moving Trucks and storage units, truck maintenance.
Learned how to communicate in an orderly fashion. Management was helpful and co-workers were easy going. The hardest part of the job was how the production die down in the winter. The most enjoyable was the envirnment.
Office Specialist/Executive Assistant
Office/Word Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2013
My typical day includes overseeing the administrative operations in in the Counseling & Advising Department, to include monitoring and directing traffic flow of students, supervising clerical staff (3), and assisting Director of department as needed. I am responsible for scheduling and facilitating meetings, taking minutes, and keeping track of vacation days (for coverage purposes).

I have also taken on the responsibility of working with the President's Diversity Council to make MATC a more inclusive, and just college.
Pros
i have a variety of duties to perform daily, there is a lot of opportunity to learn new things and i have taken advantage of this.
Cons
there is no opportunity for me to move into a higher position, i'm at a point where i've hit the ceiling.
Rewarding, Exciting and Good Work Environment
Pre-College Instrucor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 14, 2014
I work with students to help them increase their academic skills. Working with my students is very rewarding because we are able to learn from each other. The department that I work in is very supportive and my co-workers and I are always collaborating to determine the best approach to meet our students' needs. The hardest part about my job is seeing a student not be successful. I enjoy watching my students reach their goal and become productive citizens.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milwaukee Area Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4