Milwaukee Center For Independence Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to move up in.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 9, 2016
I love working for mcfi. I enjoy seeing the kids smile on their face when provided nutrition meals. The staff is so amazing and very helpfull.
Productive work and taking care of the elderly
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work is waking my patient up around 7am brushing her teeth, getting her dressed, making her breakfast and giving her her meds. Taking her out to doctor appointments, preparing her meals and giving meds 4 times a day.
What I learned on my job was that I loved taking care of the elderly and they just want to feel important as well.
I worked alone, 24/7 and enjoyed every bit of my job. the hardest part of my job was the scheduling I literally had no time for myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job was making my patient happy and supplying all of her needs.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Short breaks
The company was great to employees before they moved to the Wells Street location
EI Specialist, Lead SC, PTA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 23, 2015
Manager was educated, self-aware and motivating. She taught employees so much to help clients. They moved and manager left. It all went down hill. I miss the "old" MCFI and the clients and families.
Pros
awesome mission and every employee made a difference
Cons
lost track of the mission and low pay (non-profit)
milwaukee center for indepedence
(PCW) Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 27, 2015
 Demonstrate competence performing necessary skills and only preform those skills on the plan of care.
 Assist in the daily care of elderly/disabled individuals in their home.
 Job duties may include hygiene service, housekeeping, cooking, food preparation, shopping, and in some cases regulating medication.
 Observes record and reports any changes with client to supervisor.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
not enough hours provided
I enjoyed working at MCFI it was all about giving back feeding the huger
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2015
everyday i went to work feeling good and ready to start my day. it was a fast but timely working place which kept you busy so time went by quickily. knowing i was feeding the hunger made me feel even better when i was at work.
Pros
free food, respectable co- workers
Cons
short breaks
Friendly staff, wonderful supervisor
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeSeptember 3, 2015
Working in the warehouse was hard work and thus rewarding. Supervisor and staff was very pleasant. Limited hours, and plenty of work during the school year
Pros
Hard rewarding work
Cons
Pay, too seasonal
Milwaukee Center For Independence
Certified Nursing Assistant/Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 30, 2015
Outstanding team players. Enjoyed the clients as well as the co-workers. Management was always helpful. Not enough hours, like if you wanted to get overtime you were not able to because the Union did not allow it. But that also depends on what location you worked at. This is a huge organization it caters to the needs of the people. Amazing place to start a career.
Non-profit organization helping individuals achieve greater independence.
Manager of Training Programs (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 26, 2015
I work closely with the instructors and all students enrolled in current or future trainings. Reorganized the orientation and enrollment process of both CBRF and C.N.A. programs Respond to phone messages and emails regarding program inquiries.
Productive Place to work
Supportive Care Specialist/CBRF (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 13, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. I've been working here for several years. The time as well as hours flucuate, overall the job is a very good work enviornment as well as safe.
Not a good place to work
Care Manager/Field Staff Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2015
The management doesn't support the staff. They have a diversity team but it is ineffective. When issues arise human resources doesn't support its workers.
Pros
centrally located
Cons
Staff has no support
Flexible and Diverse
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2015
My experience working at MCFI has been educational and diverse. The most enjoyable part of being a MCFI employee is the fulfillment that you have enhanced and facilitated the lives of individuals in need.
Pros
Community Relations, Resources and Developments
Cons
Benefits and Advancement
wonderful people and work culture
Family care RN case manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 23, 2015
I was an RN in a case manager role at MCFI, I love everyone I worked with and leaving is very hard to do, however sometimes following your heart is what needs to happen!

I learned many things about working with a mentally challenged population and I've tested my patience many times. That being said, I believe I've passed and I am ready for the next step.

-Ian
Pros
great co-workers, great bosses, wonderful patients
Cons
always looking at the clock
Health Tech
Community Recovery Specialist (TLS) (Current Employee) –  milwaukee,WIApril 30, 2015
When I arrive at work I check on each client. I make sure the each client has their medication. I also make sure the clients have completed their assigned cleaning areas. I encourage the clients and prompt them if their adl's are not completed. If a client have missed any of their medication their case manager and my supervisor are informed. The clients are mostly independent and each day I'm assigned a different task. After my task is completed I start on my documentation. Every day I deal with a different situation but I'm prepared and educated on each client’s disorder. I enjoy working with my clients. The hardest part of my job is when my clients refuse to take their medication, because I care about their well-being. I manage and supervisor community meal and Tuesday and Fridays outing. I'm the only full time staff so I work directly with case managers and my supervisor.
Pros
Working with others
Cons
needing more support
disorganized work place. Mission statement is positive but poor execution of work/job description
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 20, 2016
I supervise a kitchen of 5-10 employees/clients on a daily basis. We work to execute over 2,500 meal to several school districts on a daily basis.
In addition to this, I help product a daily staff meal for the facility, execute requested catering events and develop menus for these events.
I am responsible for order and inventory for this facility.
Also work to help train and develop employees at the site.

Currently, this facility is lacking employees making it difficult to execute and finish daily tasks. As a supervisor, I struggle with trying to balance all that occurs during the day. This is also due to the fact that this facility is lacking a manager who would be sharing duties and for the last 3 months all responsibility has fallen on me. I believe I have stepped up to the responsibility and done my best to accomplish what needs to be done on a daily basis and take on the extra duties that the manager would normally be responsible for.

I enjoy what MCFI stands for. It is a facility that promotes bringing in individuals with differing abilities and training them to gain work experience in the hopes of them receiving a job with benefits from the training that they have received.
Pros
Monday-Friday postition, hard working employees, variety in daily tasks/responsibilities
Cons
extreem hours. lack of work/life balance during the week, no compensation for current repsonsibilities
Dedicated in providing an independent livelyhood for people with disabilities
Floor Care Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WisconsFebruary 2, 2015
The mission statement and application towards reaching its goal was commendable. I was proud to work with this company, it's participants, and overall staff. However, the latter management I was directly under didn't share the companies overall mission statement and cost the company contracts and a huge amount of money.
Pros
creating a life style for people with disabilities
Cons
upper management not very active personally with ensuring operations are working smoothly
productive
summer intern (Former Employee) –  milwaukee,WIFebruary 12, 2014
This job have taught me some much in the three months i have worked there.A typical day at work, i did the usual filing working on some computer work, ETC. I have had friendly and fun co-workers. they kept me working and on my feet at all times while i was working there. The management was fine i mean i have had a few bumps in the road but i have gotten over it and i moved and kept my day going. The hardst part of the job was all the filing i had to do because of all the bending and lifting i had to do,i have a back problem but i don't let that bother my working. the enjoyable part if the job was sitting at lunch with my mother talking and laughing with her. she's the one that got me the job.
A very poor place to work
Human Resources Processor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 3, 2013
A typical day at work begins when other people unnecessarily try to get in your business. I learned that politics can take over a company. The top management makes 100k+ while everyone else is stuck doing the grunt work, and there is no opportunity for advancement. The micro-management style is ridiculous and they provide no constructive criticism or performance feedback. They just told me that my job was ending without any explanation. The co-workers are forced to be rivals, rather than working together collaboratively and in a teamwork environment. The hardest part of the job is that it is so mundane. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
low wages, low benefits, no chance for advancement...
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2011
I worked at MCFI for 2 1/4 years, gave 110% throughout my time there.
I was the main point of contact for all technical issues, even with my manager. I was basically running the IT department for 2 1/4 years.

I had a chance to advance in my career, but it was given to someone who had less experience and education that I did.

Some people have worked there for 25 years with no advancement.

That's when I decided to leave.
Avoid this place like the plague!!
Cons
low wages, no chance advancement
Humbling job setting and fun people to work with
Community Healthcare Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was walking in every day with a great attitude in order to inspire my clients, with the best professionalism that i carry, in order to show proper techniques through our therapies and recreational activities on daily living and untimely striving for independence.
very warm enviornment
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WiAugust 20, 2012
Coming in greeting my comrades and being welcome by the sweet smells of the kitchen at breakfast and the hearty richness of lunch time. My duties included bagging lunches for kids and families with special needs.Ensuring that my workspace in the kitchen was always clean.as well as rotating the cooler and the fridge,also able to lift 75 lbs. what i learned was that teamwork can take you along way and that drive and will power can make you work pretty fast when the time calls for it(lol). The hardest part was remembering to punch in and out because of everything that would go on throughout the day.Contrary the most desireable time was when we could enjoy each other and laugh and talk while working.
Pros
friendly enviornment
Cons
could've worked more hours had they been alloted

Milwaukee Center For Independence Reviews by Location