Milwaukee Center For Independence

Milwaukee Center For Independence Employer Reviews

Decent place
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), milwaukee, wisconsinAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch, driving, off every holiday and weekends
Cons: health insurance, part-time workers, food orders never come in, too many hands in the pot
We do schools in the Milwaukee, Kenosha, and
Racine Area for children.
Come in at 5am get my production sheets ready for the shipout person. Assign production sheets to the staff. Check in Us Foods, Alpha bakery, Marchese, and lasky milk production to make sure everythings in that we order. I learned to do way more multi tasking projects than before. – more... My manager is a Executive Chef, so me and him work together to ensure the meals have good presentation, tastes good, etc. I have dedicated workers who work with us. The hardest part of the job is not getting what we ordered from us foods. And getting tasks at the last minute( last minute literally)
The schools and my employees our wonderful. Visiting different schools and meeting new people. Having a good atmosphere at work. There's no I in team here where we work. – less
Humbling job setting and fun people to work with
Community Healthcare Activity Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was walking in every day with a great attitude in order to inspire my clients, with the best professionalism that i carry, in order to show proper techniques through our therapies and recreational activities on daily living and untimely striving for independence.
A typical day
pcw worker (Current Employee), milwaukee,wiMarch 17, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: people
It is a very good company to work for. I love my clients and my co-workers.
productive
summer intern (Former Employee), milwaukee,WIFebruary 12, 2014
This job have taught me some much in the three months i have worked there.A typical day at work, i did the usual filing working on some computer work, ETC. I have had friendly and fun co-workers. they kept me working and on my feet at all times while i was working there. The management was fine i mean i have had a few bumps in the road but i have gotten – more... over it and i moved and kept my day going. The hardst part of the job was all the filing i had to do because of all the bending and lifting i had to do,i have a back problem but i don't let that bother my working. the enjoyable part if the job was sitting at lunch with my mother talking and laughing with her. she's the one that got me the job. – less
A productive and fun employee that goes way beyond to get the job done right the first time.
Building Maintenance / Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WI U.S. Army Base Silverspring Dr.ie.January 23, 2014
A type of efficient job that you would get if you hire me.thank you very much rgk
Rewarding Non-Profit
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 17, 2013
Union and non-union environment. Accomplished successful integration of new affiliate through combining policies & procedures, benefit and compensation plans, as well as combining union agreements into one.
A very poor place to work
Human Resources Processor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 3, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
A typical day at work begins when other people unnecessarily try to get in your business. I learned that politics can take over a company. The top management makes 100k+ while everyone else is stuck doing the grunt work, and there is no opportunity for advancement. The micro-management style is ridiculous and they provide no constructive criticism or – more... performance feedback. They just told me that my job was ending without any explanation. The co-workers are forced to be rivals, rather than working together collaboratively and in a teamwork environment. The hardest part of the job is that it is so mundane. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day. – less
Custodian Worker
Clean Staff workstation of derbies and trash linen (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 1, 2013
Pros: they provide us with meals througout the day
Cons: health care facility
I clean make sure all tras linen is changed during and after operation, also wax and buff floors to meet company needs, also do a walk through of the premises to ensure all trash is piced up on company property.
it a rewarding working place helping people
rep payee (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 31, 2012
Pros: helping others
Cons: long hours
processing application, helping family to receive child care and energy assistance.
its a great place to work
Food service Driver (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2012
Pros: everybody luved the people workin there
Cons: low pay check
I loved the special need children,they were very determind to do whatever they needed to do,when nothing wrong with me they had more determination than me.
This company provides quality service to the community helping people with medical care, day care, job training and has a K to 3rd grade school
Human Resource intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2012
Pros: workshops and training and health care benefits provided
Cons: employees have to pay for lunches
It's a place that service people within the community and is a productive place to work.
very warm enviornment
Food Service (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WiAugust 20, 2012
Pros: friendly enviornment
Cons: could've worked more hours had they been alloted
Coming in greeting my comrades and being welcome by the sweet smells of the kitchen at breakfast and the hearty richness of lunch time. My duties included bagging lunches for kids and families with special needs.Ensuring that my workspace in the kitchen was always clean.as well as rotating the cooler and the fridge,also able to lift 75 lbs. what i learned – more... was that teamwork can take you along way and that drive and will power can make you work pretty fast when the time calls for it(lol). The hardest part was remembering to punch in and out because of everything that would go on throughout the day.Contrary the most desireable time was when we could enjoy each other and laugh and talk while working. – less
the clients are striving for the stars
Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 18, 2012
Cons: the staff and management was not very clear on communicating
The clients are an absolute joy, they are working so hard to accomplish their goals. There are so many opportunities for each client to learn about themselves through so many classes they can attend.
Fun Workplace
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Milwaukee WIFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: the experience
Cons: temporary
This was my very first job and it was fun! it was a summer job obtained through the workforce. The people I worked with was all fun we kept each other all entertained while working. that made the days go by faster.
low wages, low benefits, no chance for advancement...
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2011
Cons: low wages, no chance advancement
I worked at MCFI for 2 1/4 years, gave 110% throughout my time there.
I was the main point of contact for all technical issues, even with my manager. I was basically running the IT department for 2 1/4 years.

I had a chance to advance in my career, but it was given to someone who had less experience and education that I did.

Some people have worked – more... there for 25 years with no advancement.

That's when I decided to leave.
Avoid this place like the plague!! – less