Milwaukee County

Milwaukee County Employee Reviews

Airport Control Center
Airport Control Center (Current Employee), milwaukee CountyMay 15, 2015
Pros: Airport
Cons: Schedule, morale, helpfulness
This job is not very hard on most days. The shifts and the schedule is the worst part. No 2 days off in a row and some schedule lines have all 3 different shifts ie day, afternoon, and graveyard. Also you have to watch your back with everyone because someone will throw you under the bus. Also if you are working with other staff members be prepared to do most of the work. some members are very lazy
Fased paced and exciting
Processor/Clerical (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Greeting a large diverse amount of customers and sold a variety of bingo packages. Large cash handling and reconciliation. Varied work hours and shift.
Work enviornment
Fiscal Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2015
I have learned a lot in the 10+ years I been employed by Milwaukee County. Its a wonderful place to work. I received great training from the staff members and they are friendly people to work with. I really enjoy every minute working for this great entity.
Productive and excellent place to work.
Wl. Correction Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee CountyApril 29, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: prisoners
Excellent place to work and if you are dedicated, you will like it.
Ensuring that jail or prison inmates comply with rules and regulations is a major part of a corrections officer's job. The institution's eyes and ears, corrections officers supervise inmates' daily activities, keep track of their physical location, and monitor their behavior. To gain compliance and build trust, officers must avoid showing even a hint of favoritism. If any rules are violated, the officer must document the incident and report it for follow-up by administrators.
it's Chinatown, Jake.
Business Analyst & Project Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 31, 2015
Disorganized, but they are working on it. There is lots of opportunity to show how much/hard you can work. It's government, so anyone from private sector should temper expectations.
wonderful place to work
Economic Support Specialist (Former Employee), milwaukee,wisconsinJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: learning something new every day / assisting families
Cons: not approvding everyone
A typical day would be assisting and providing family with medical,child care and snap benefits.My job taught me to be appreciative.My co-worker were like family because we were very close.The hardest part of my job was not being able to assist everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i could provide benefits to families in need.Hearing them thank you, is so rewarding for job well done.
Great Workplace
Clerical Support Staff (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: only temporary job placement
Job only temporary position, interested in something permanent
enjoyed working in department store
Office Support Assistant II (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2014
Pros: discount on items
Cons: finding childcare and the long bus i had to take
working on computer inputting and outputting price list. How the workings of a department store runs. Really had no problem with management or co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the long bus ride and finding childcare at that time. Seeing what new items would be delivered to the store being a shopaholic.
Operations
Airport Control Center Operator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2014
I have some of the best co-workers here. They are dependable and helpful and wish that all jobs had people like them. Hard to describe a typical day here because it all depends on external factors. Usually its spent behind a computer waiting for something to happen.
Accurate and Quality of work
Clerical Assistant I (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2014
Pros: paid 30 minute lunch, helping others
Cons: not being able to assist a customer
Have to make sure that there's a case number on the documents,
the customer has all of the correct paperwork and correct amount(if not indigent), and that there is enough time to have the paper served.
Great Place for a Career
See Below (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: much room for growth and learning
The career opportunities for growth were tremendous. I was able to take advantage of several different levels of responsibilities and training. I never regret my career with Milwaukee County.
Very Grim
Clerical Assistant 1 (Admissions) (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WISeptember 17, 2014
A very drear place with low morale. Seems like employee satisfaction is no where on anyone's list !
Friendly co-workers.
Office Support Assistant II (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2014
I love working with my co-workers and giving excellent customer service to our clients.
Playing a key role in my department
Management Assistant/Supervisor (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2014
Typical day is making sure I am on 'point' with reports, meetings that I schedule, all details are reviewed for various meetings and functions; all individuals who need to be at certain meetings are actually contacted; liaison with County Executive and County DHHS Director as well as Administrator. Supervise clerical staff.
Hardest part of the job is scheduling multiple meetings within a certain time frame.
Enjoyable part is interacting with our clients and staff.
Good place to work for entry level position or as a retiree.
Park Worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: get to work with the public; you’re outside, good exercise
Cons: its seasonal
My position at the Milwaukee County Marina is a seasonal position that I enjoyed while there. I worked the late shift with two to three other employees each night. The coworkers I worked with were a cohesive group. Management was lenient with individuals requesting schedule alterations.
"Great Jobs" that provided a needed service to or for the community
Stores Clerk II (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2013
Pros: meeting all the museum curators and becoming friends, as well as the same for meeting all the deputies and correctional officers
Cons: too low of a pay scale for the responsibilities of both jobs
Both of my two Milw Co positions were educational for both the community as well as for myself, they gave me great satisfaction with jobs well done, they helped and protected the community in which we all lived, I was also the Union President, I worked with management to provide a great and pleasant working venu for all and a healthy & safe working environment
Fun job working out doors
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 11, 2013
Cleaning, setting up for events, and helping with planting flowers.
BIG LIABILITY for PSYCH SW's
Psych Social Work-JAIL (Former Employee), JAILFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: the pay isnt even that great
Cons: everything. horrible hours.
Vague rules, no supervision, usafe work environment, no physicians, no psychiatrist, will put your neck in the noose and then walk away. RUN from Milw County, RUN!
Coordinate and Execute Sheriff Sales
Sheriff Sale Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2012
Pros: challenging job
Cons: parking, healthcare
Typical day is coordination of sheriff sales with law firms via phone &/or email as well as sort incoming correspondence and process fee payments. Ability to multi-task by prioritizing tasks on daily and weekly by level of urgency. Keeping deadlines in the forefront to ensure that my inter-departmental and departmental co-workers aren't delayed in meeting their commitments. Hardest part of the job at times is dealing with 3rd party bidders not following sale protocols. Most enjoyable part of the job is managing the completion of all tasks.
Provided direct services and entitlement programs to clients.
Human Service Worker-Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2012
Pros: diversity
Cons: reduction in health care benefits and increased co-pays
A typical day at work required organization in order to multi-task and provide direct service to clients. I found management to be supportive as well as co-workers. It was important to remain task orientated. The most enjoyable part to the job was to see graditude in the clients eyes.

Milwaukee County Salaries