Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive nice and clean work environment
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 5, 2017
Good place to work , friendly environment
Nothing is really hard about the work , it's easy to learn how to do most of jobs, you just have to apply your self
Fun
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 7, 2016
Lots of maintenance
Dealt with CNC grinder and CNC lathe
punch press
Coworkers respectful management was really nice
Worked with training
involved in gages calipers
Awwful
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSOctober 11, 2016
poor management, ungreetful supvisors and managers, awful work condition , wouldn't work there again if my life depended on it
Great and fun job till they run out of work
Repair Technician C (Former Employee) –  Greenwood MississippiJuly 19, 2016
Very friendly people on the line.I liked my job until they started to run out of work. Instead of laying people off they terminated people sadly I was one. I would never go back. They pay was sad. I was there a year and your promised a 50 cents raise a year. I never saw anything. Worst part was I wasn't a temp. You're just a number to them.
Pros
friendy coworker
Cons
short breaks, work you like a slave for horrible pay
Great products, tough workload
Corporate Headquarters (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2016
The company has some great products and they are more than generous with their employees to get them out in the community. I enjoyed the young, vibrant, atmosphere with picnics, department outings, parties, etc. What I didn't enjoy were 80 hour work weeks and still not being caught up. Their growth has simply outpaced the infrastructure and, as someone else said above, it is an atmosphere of constantly putting out fires instead of being proactive. The company is ony 12% female and I only knew of one black person that worked in the headquarters so there is very little diversity. Execs are ex-jocks acting as if they are still in their football locker room. Many younger guys are hired for office jobs because they are cheap and without families.
Pros
fun co-workers, company products for free, parties
Cons
no work/life balance. No diversity, immature leadership
Great product great culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2016
I loved the product and the teams I was a part of it. When it came to promotions there wasn't much say, you either took what they gave you or you got nothing. Not allowed to even apply for a promotion unless your direct supervisor allows you to.
Pros
great people around you
Cons
management, travel, work life balance
Great people to work with
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIOctober 13, 2015
Work with other people and learned how to manufacture levels with a great growing company. Working third shift is the hardest part of this job but they offer great benefits.
Pros
Supportive management and training
Cons
Big changes are happening because of growth but worth it
temp position
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 30, 2015
This was a great job . Employment ended due the termination of the contract with temp staff. I started out as a line operator was was moved to shift lead in just three months time. My leadership abilities were put to the test and I came out dominating each production number that had to be met. The hardest part of the job was having to leave.
Pros
great company
Cons
contract terminated
Run away!
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 21, 2014
If you call getting every bonus , 401k, your thanksgiving turkey taken away a good job.... Then apply

If you call getting chump change as a raise if they don't freeze raises a good job.... Then apply

If you call people that have been there for years getting fired because above them got demoted and needed a position a good job.... Then apply

If you call increasing sales yearly and getting top branch awards and then get 40% of what you should have gotten a good job.... Then apply

If you like being told when to take your vacation then apply

This company does not care about their employees one iota. It's the almighty $$ to them and that is it
Pros
Not many
Cons
Milwaukee Electric Tool was by far the best experience in life I have ever had.
Material Handler/Assembler/Back up Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJune 16, 2014
The people were all friendly. I learned something new every day. Management was very understanding and compassionate. The hardest part of the job was keeping everything right but I learned how to do that quite effieciently. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, we were like and extended family, we called ourselves the milwaukee family. I also enjoyed doing different projects like the float at Christmas time, The booth we had for relay for life, and the booth we had for the springtime on the mall it was all very enjoyable.
Pros
excellent health care program.
Company is going down the tubes
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 21, 2013
Very top heavy with too many middle managers, completely crippled by meetings. It was easier to get a half a dozen managers in a meeting than to get a single lab technician to test the product you are engineering.

In the rush to beat the competition to market, the accompanying rush to get out products left many things desired for quality. We wasted more time chasing the fires caused by issues rushing around does than being proactive. The push gave us no choice but to do the absolute minimum development, testing and documentation.

Often we had to ask was can cut out so we can make some deadline marketing gave to a customer. It felt like the management focus is that the product goes out whether it was ready or not as it was more important to fill a shelf .

The culture was that you can always later get the whole department to stop what they are working on for a few days to engineer some quick fix than to on deal with the fallout from a bad product.

It seemed the company looks more at profit as a sign of their doing well, than anything else. As profits for the company went up, benefits went down for most employees except management which has grown in size.

When I was there they eliminated all of the worker's profit sharing, raises and compensation decreased even though company sales increased, bonuses dissapeared except for upper management, they stopped their employee cookouts and even took away our Thanksgiving turkey - talk about being cheap!
Pros
its a job!
Cons
poor compensation, long hours
The Annex is the best place to work
Supervisor/Lead Lab Technician/Tool Tester (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 5, 2012
Learn alot of cool and exciting things. Get to operate tools before they hit the market.
Pros
learning and moving up in the company
Cons
predominately white so theres a lot of racial profiling
Productive and a family oriented company to work for.
Automation Technician/ Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJune 20, 2012
Assembled heavy duty tools. Enjoyed going to work. My co-workers were part of my family.
One of the best places to work
Information Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 23, 2012
Although they don't pay much at all, it is a very good place to work. I wish I still worked there!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation Reviews by Location