Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation

Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation Employer Reviews

Milwaukee Electric Tool was by far the best experience in life I have ever had.
Material Handler/Assembler/Back up Scheduler (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARJune 16, 2014
Pros: excellent health care program.
The people were all friendly. I learned something new every day. Management was very understanding and compassionate. The hardest part of the job was keeping everything right but I learned how to do that quite effieciently. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, we were like and extended family, we called ourselves the milwaukee family. – more... I also enjoyed doing different projects like the float at Christmas time, The booth we had for relay for life, and the booth we had for the springtime on the mall it was all very enjoyable. – less
Company is going down the tubes
Engineer (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIApril 21, 2013
Pros: its a job!
Cons: poor compensation, long hours
Very top heavy with too many middle managers, completely crippled by meetings. It was easier to get a half a dozen managers in a meeting than to get a single lab technician to test the product you are engineering.

In the rush to beat the competition to market, the accompanying rush to get out products left many things desired for quality. We wasted – more... more time chasing the fires caused by issues rushing around does than being proactive. The push gave us no choice but to do the absolute minimum development, testing and documentation.

Often we had to ask was can cut out so we can make some deadline marketing gave to a customer. It felt like the management focus is that the product goes out whether it was ready or not as it was more important to fill a shelf .

The culture was that you can always later get the whole department to stop what they are working on for a few days to engineer some quick fix than to on deal with the fallout from a bad product.

It seemed the company looks more at profit as a sign of their doing well, than anything else. As profits for the company went up, benefits went down for most employees except management which has grown in size.

When I was there they eliminated all of the worker's profit sharing, raises and compensation decreased even though company sales increased, bonuses dissapeared except for upper management, they stopped their employee cookouts and even took away our Thanksgiving turkey - talk about being cheap! – less
The Annex is the best place to work
Supervisor/Lead Lab Technician/Tool Tester (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIJuly 5, 2012
Pros: learning and moving up in the company
Cons: predominately white so theres a lot of racial profiling
Learn alot of cool and exciting things. Get to operate tools before they hit the market.
Productive and a family oriented company to work for.
Automation Technician/ Material Handling (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARJune 20, 2012
Assembled heavy duty tools. Enjoyed going to work. My co-workers were part of my family.
One of the best places to work
Information Systems Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenwood, MSApril 23, 2012
Although they don't pay much at all, it is a very good place to work. I wish I still worked there!