MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL Employee Reviews

Overall Good Culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 23, 2017
Milwaukee Tool does a lot of employee engagement activities and is really focused on providing a good culture for their employees. Operates similar to a small company, without a lot of red tape to jump through.
Good Start up
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Very good stepping stone into the sales role. and helps you foster relationships with customers and team members.

Also good for knowing what avenue you would like to go down with the company, whether that be sales or corporate.
Avoid working in the receiving department
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 2, 2016
Lack of communication from management.
Very petty environment, team leads using profane language towards employees. Made the 12 hour shifts stressful.
Pros
Cons
During mandatory Saturdays only received two 10 minute breaks on an 8 hour shift, You will get fired for using the bathroom too much even if you have a bladder problem.
productive and fun place of work
Sealer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSOctober 17, 2016
I love working this job. I have learned a lot here. I've always wanted to work at a warehouse and I must say it is a fun experience. The work is not hard and I meet my production every night.
Good Learning opportunity
Manager of Engineering and Quality (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 19, 2016
I learned a lot of skills at this job. Management, Team work, Project management, business, customer service and Employee relations

While here I was free to design and to operate at a fast pace along with making big changes to the Power tool industry with the addition of smart electronics
Pros
New location company
Cons
conservitive management when i was there
productive and fun
Production (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Milwaukee tools. I learned something new almost everyday. The people were nice and didn't mind helping others. There wasn't anything hard about the job.
Pros
We took three breaks
Cons
short breaks
14 year Home Depot associate numerous applications to TTI
TTI field marketing representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 22, 2016
I have a merchandising background, sales experience, and my bachelor's degree. In my time observing them and applying numerous times I have never seen a field rep of any other race other than young white college grads in 14 years of working in the Chicago area. So if your not white this job will not hire you no matter how much experience you have.
Pros
Free Truck and advancement quickly.
management horrible your opinion dosent matter mandatory overtime on weekends
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIJune 8, 2016
They need alot of work poor training bad inventory poor management won't let new employees operate machine so you have to run around to find a set up person. Running too many machines at once
Pros
co workers
Cons
management culture
dirty warehouse with alot of tools
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 2, 2016
I come in set up my station get the tools I need and test them until they break make a funny sound or start to smell I lift heavy objects and ran special test on a input reader
Good pay but horrible management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 25, 2016
Went forward about drug use and it gets turned around on me when i was threatened after telling hr about drug use. Human resources told me to say names then the info gets leaked through to the drug user. Mariquana smell on 2nd shift was ridiculous especially after breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was getting promoted to 1st shift diferent cell then i got railroaded when hr tells me i was making threats AFTER i came forward with them !!!!! And i was the one threatened !!! All this because manager in 4203 is in a relationship with human resources female.... So unprofessional!!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
prejudice management against caucasion males
Approach with Caution
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 12, 2016
Sales are great. Your expected to be on call 24 hours a day. Hope you like sitting on a plane to China. Lack of respect for your time. Weak managers.
Pros
Tool Discounts
Cons
frequent travel
productive work invironment
material handler (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMarch 12, 2016
terminated for parking in a motorcycle parking spot on a rainy day knowing they have the lack of parking spots.
cons:
lack of communication withing the management personnel.
lack of utilizing the man power so they hired more instead of concentrating on 100 performance of the man power they already have.
team leads and supervisors wouldnt enforce the work flow rules resulting in a weak performance of the material handlers while impacting the warehouse as a whole from the reciving to the shiping dock
goods :
good benifits.
average base pay.
Easy work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 28, 2016
Was easy to get along with workers. Head people are very strict. Work was fairly easy. hard part was staying awake. Pretty good job.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and Enjoyable Company
Hardware Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 10, 2016
Milwaukee has a wonderful company culture and is full of fun and inventive people. However, the work/life balance is almost nonexistent in some roles. If you are in a position where there is travel, it is almost 100%.
Live to work
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 21, 2015
Company is moving forward at fast pace. Lots of opportunity to move up if your a hard worker but you feel forced to move across the country to do it.
Was good company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJune 29, 2015
Was a good company before they left USA for cheaper overseas made tools. More worried about profits than employees. Many good employees.
challenging account management and sales
Grainger Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2015
Create account plans and strategies to achieve annual sales goals. Lead and manage local territory representatives, drive national promotions and initiatives. Build national corporate rebate agreements and programs with target customers. Strong team atmosphere with support, communication, and strategy.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours traveling away from home
Plays Games
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 23, 2015
Hardest part about this job is it's not about how many hours you work or going the extra mile. It's if they like you or not.

A typical day has to deal with working with existing accounts and doing whatever they want even though it's not your job.

I only worked with my boss once within a year

Nothing you do right gets acknowledged just if you do anything right
Pros
Free gas
Cons
Everything else. Underpaid
Good work envieronment
Various Titles to current Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 30, 2014
Lot's of variety in work assignments. Duties varied from design calculations to FEA analysis and runnign tests in the EE lab.
Pros
Free health Insurance
Cons
low job security
Sales Representative - South Carolina (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 23, 2014
Company prides itself on innovation and excellence. Territories can be very large so expect a lot of travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8