MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL Employee Reviews in United States

productive work invironment
material handler (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMarch 12, 2016
terminated for parking in a motorcycle parking spot on a rainy day knowing they have the lack of parking spots.
cons:
lack of communication withing the management personnel.
lack of utilizing the man power so they hired more instead of concentrating on 100 performance of the man power they already have.
team leads and supervisors wouldnt enforce the work flow rules resulting in a weak performance of the material handlers while impacting the warehouse as a whole from the reciving to the shiping dock
goods :
good benifits.
average base pay.
Good pay but horrible management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 25, 2016
Went forward about drug use and it gets turned around on me when i was threatened after telling hr about drug use. Human resources told me to say names then the info gets leaked through to the drug user. Mariquana smell on 2nd shift was ridiculous especially after breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was getting promoted to 1st shift diferent cell then i got railroaded when hr tells me i was making threats AFTER i came forward with them !!!!! And i was the one threatened !!! All this because manager in 4203 is in a relationship with human resources female.... So unprofessional!!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
prejudice management against caucasion males
Fun and Enjoyable Company
Hardware Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 10, 2016
Milwaukee has a wonderful company culture and is full of fun and inventive people. However, the work/life balance is almost nonexistent in some roles. If you are in a position where there is travel, it is almost 100%.
management horrible your opinion dosent matter mandatory overtime on weekends
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIJune 8, 2016
They need alot of work poor training bad inventory poor management won't let new employees operate machine so you have to run around to find a set up person. Running too many machines at once
Pros
co workers
Cons
management culture
productive and fun
Production (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Milwaukee tools. I learned something new almost everyday. The people were nice and didn't mind helping others. There wasn't anything hard about the job.
Pros
We took three breaks
Cons
short breaks
dirty warehouse with alot of tools
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 2, 2016
I come in set up my station get the tools I need and test them until they break make a funny sound or start to smell I lift heavy objects and ran special test on a input reader
Approach with Caution
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 12, 2016
Sales are great. Your expected to be on call 24 hours a day. Hope you like sitting on a plane to China. Lack of respect for your time. Weak managers.
Pros
Tool Discounts
Cons
frequent travel
Easy work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 28, 2016
Was easy to get along with workers. Head people are very strict. Work was fairly easy. hard part was staying awake. Pretty good job.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks
Live to work
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 21, 2015
Company is moving forward at fast pace. Lots of opportunity to move up if your a hard worker but you feel forced to move across the country to do it.
challenging account management and sales
Grainger Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2015
Create account plans and strategies to achieve annual sales goals. Lead and manage local territory representatives, drive national promotions and initiatives. Build national corporate rebate agreements and programs with target customers. Strong team atmosphere with support, communication, and strategy.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours traveling away from home

Want to know more about MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL?

Ask a question
Hard work but a great job to have
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch MSJanuary 28, 2014
I enjoyed my time working for the company. I was a employee for over 20 years. Alot of overtime was given and they have great benefits
Pros
you will have great health benefits
Cons
work alot of overtime and on weekends
Up and coming company, but not today
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 2, 2013
Milwaukee Tool is a very fast paced company that has the drive to become the leading provider of heavy duty power tools. This drive to be the best pushes the employees to the limit and allows one to develop skills faster than most companies. But in this drive quality of products and true engineering has been sacrificed.
The company places most of their interest on marketing, but engineer is developing as the upper management starts to see issues in product performance.
Manufacturing is mostly located in China so expect 15-25% travel and up to 7 hours a week in night conference calls as an engineer.
Management is average, but I expect that will get better in the next few years as they better understand the limits of their employees, and as they start to see key employees leave.
The company is very flat and red tape is average.
On a day to day basis you will work with groups across the entire company to drive new product development in a very short time.
Pros
excellent experience in a short time
Cons
long hours and poor pay increase
Plays Games
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 23, 2015
Hardest part about this job is it's not about how many hours you work or going the extra mile. It's if they like you or not.

A typical day has to deal with working with existing accounts and doing whatever they want even though it's not your job.

I only worked with my boss once within a year

Nothing you do right gets acknowledged just if you do anything right
Pros
free gas
Cons
everything else. underpaid
Was good company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJune 29, 2015
Was a good company before they left USA for cheaper overseas made tools. More worried about profits than employees. Many good employees.
Good work envieronment
Various Titles to current Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 30, 2014
Lot's of variety in work assignments. Duties varied from design calculations to FEA analysis and runnign tests in the EE lab.
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
low job security
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMarch 9, 2012
Milwaukee was a great company. Looking back, I should continued my career at Milwaukee Tools. I would recommend any upcoming career minded person to give them a try.
Pros
great company
Cons
slow career advancement
Cell Member
Cell Member (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 24, 2013
While using a variety of machines, I was responsible for quality and quantity of various tool accessories,
including hole saws and flat blades. Hot and cold forming, draw furnace, washers and punch presses were
some of the machines used in manufacturing these items. Past fork lift license was obtained for a weekly
duty of loading delivery trucks. Additionally, I was successful in following cellular manufacturing
principles.
aggressive and fast growing company
Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 27, 2014
Great place to grow and level up with a career. Fast paced and effecient with resources.
Hard to work for
Repair Technician - (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSSeptember 30, 2013
Hard to work for.. co-workers were great.. management stayed on top of you all the time.. had you doing other peoples job and scolding you for not getting your own work done
Sales Representative - South Carolina (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 23, 2014
Company prides itself on innovation and excellence. Territories can be very large so expect a lot of travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7