MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL

MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL Employee Reviews

challenging account management and sales
Grainger Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours traveling away from home
Create account plans and strategies to achieve annual sales goals. Lead and manage local territory representatives, drive national promotions and initiatives. Build national corporate rebate agreements and programs with target customers. Strong team atmosphere with support, communication, and strategy.
Plays Games
Territory Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free gas
Cons: everything else. underpaid
Hardest part about this job is it's not about how many hours you work or going the extra mile. It's if they like you or not.

A typical day has to deal with working with existing accounts and doing whatever they want even though it's not your job.

I only worked with my boss once within a year

Nothing you do right gets acknowledged just if you do anything right
Good work envieronment
Various Titles to current Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free health insurance
Cons: low job security
Lot's of variety in work assignments. Duties varied from design calculations to FEA analysis and runnign tests in the EE lab.
Sales Representative - South Carolina (Former Employee), South CarolinaSeptember 23, 2014
Company prides itself on innovation and excellence. Territories can be very large so expect a lot of travel.
aggressive and fast growing company
Director of Engineering (Current Employee), Bothell, WAJune 27, 2014
Great place to grow and level up with a career. Fast paced and effecient with resources.
Great Place to Work
Test Technician (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMay 1, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Milwaukee Electric Tool. It was a short term project but I enjoyed the tasks required of the position and the people that I worked with. Good environment and good people to work with.
Hard work but a great job to have
Material Handler (Former Employee), Olive Branch MSJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: you will have great health benefits
Cons: work alot of overtime and on weekends
I enjoyed my time working for the company. I was a employee for over 20 years. Alot of overtime was given and they have great benefits
Hard to work for
Repair Technician - (Former Employee), Greenwood, MSSeptember 30, 2013
Hard to work for.. co-workers were great.. management stayed on top of you all the time.. had you doing other peoples job and scolding you for not getting your own work done
Up and coming company, but not today
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Brookfield, WISeptember 2, 2013
Pros: excellent experience in a short time
Cons: long hours and poor pay increase
Milwaukee Tool is a very fast paced company that has the drive to become the leading provider of heavy duty power tools. This drive to be the best pushes the employees to the limit and allows one to develop skills faster than most companies. But in this drive quality of products and true engineering has been sacrificed.
The company places most of their interest on marketing, but engineer is developing as the upper management starts to see issues in product performance.
Manufacturing is mostly located in China so expect 15-25% travel and up to 7 hours a week in night conference calls as an engineer.
Management is average, but I expect that will get better in the next few years as they better understand the limits of their employees, and as they start to see key employees leave.
The company is very flat and red tape is average.
On a day to day basis you will work with groups across the entire company to drive new product development in a very short time.
Cell Member
Cell Member (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIAugust 24, 2013
While using a variety of machines, I was responsible for quality and quantity of various tool accessories,
including hole saws and flat blades. Hot and cold forming, draw furnace, washers and punch presses were
some of the machines used in manufacturing these items. Past fork lift license was obtained for a weekly
duty of loading delivery trucks. Additionally, I was successful in following cellular manufacturing
principles.
Business is business
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 16, 2013
Gain the most knowledge about machines there, the level of respect is like no where else
Great brand name in the tool industry.
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 27, 2012
I was employed at Milwaukee during the TTI merger. That said I don't feel that I can rate this company failrly because of the transitions that took place. By then I had already left.
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSMarch 9, 2012
Pros: great company
Cons: slow career advancement
Milwaukee was a great company. Looking back, I should continued my career at Milwaukee Tools. I would recommend any upcoming career minded person to give them a try.

MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC TOOL Salaries