Milwaukee Job Corps Center Employee Reviews

Not realy a good program to be in
Student (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 18, 2016
At Milwaukee job Core you have no rights you are not allowed to go for a walk off center. The web site that describes the program is vary out dated. Roles change dramatically every couple of months and you feel like you are going to be kicked out over every little thing and when you get done with the training day you absolutely can not leave center. When you are done with the program they will not separate you and you will have to sit threw there training day with nothing to do for almost a month. After every day you are done with the training day you have to sit threw a 30 min no exepsins recall.
Pros
Chance to earn high school diploma
Cons
No rights, cant go any whare treated like child by staff
Very Strict
Former Student (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2016
Treated poorly, Not giving any chances, punished for other peoples actions. If one student got in trouble then every one gets in trouble and they lock us in our dorm and we cant come out. No freedom, they don't let us speak, Our voice is never heard, If we try to speak our mind then we get told to shut up and be quit or we get wrote up or kicked out or threatened to get kicked out. They take our freedom of speech away. Rules are always changing and it is just sad. They treat you like kids. Some students need these rules enforced on them but for the good students who don't get in trouble but yet have to sit in there room for something they didn't do is just not right.
Pros
Free food, No bills, job training and a chance to wearn High School Diploma for free.
Cons
No freedom.
Training facility to help the core
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Workplace skills needs improvement give students a chance to have more voice too many changes New Ceo needs to compassionate
fun environment huge learning experience
Material Handling Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 7, 2015
fun work place with supporitve management, Great job training and independent living skills also a great place for training for interviews and future careers.
Exciting Place to Work
Leadership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2015
Worked with students that were part of the Student Government Association on a daily basis. Students were trained for leadership positions for center life. These positions could include dorm life, training classrooms, recreation and daily classroom activities.
Pros
need more room for advancement
Cons
work hours
productive fun learning place
Medical Office Support Student (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 14, 2014
learned billin scheduling co works were wonderful willing to learn and put forth effort managment was wonderful always there to help you. typical day brefast learning classes lunch back to classes role call , then free until 10;00 p.m
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Productive Self paced program
Student (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2014
I will recommend Job Corps for serious inquires. Job Corps can be very beneficial long or short term the choice is up to the individual.
Pros
free educations
Cons
slow process
Very helpful place to gain work experience and life skills
Material Handling Student (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2014
A very productive place to try to gain work experience and learn life skills that could help you in the workplace.
Pros
free housing, food, and healthcare.
good place to get training.
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2013
its a high school type atmosphere. you can live on the campus, and they give you classroom training lab training and even find a place for non-paid on the job training.
Pros
free food, free place to sleep. no bills
Cons
shareing doorm rooms with up to 4 people. minors live on campus.
While I was at the MIlwaukee Job Corps I was able to re-educate myself and be able to learn a new trade/s there and be ablle to get my certications.
Student (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2013
I was able to be succesful in getting my certications and being able to learn new trades and to be able widen my area of jobs.
Hard Work Pays Off
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2013
Great and busy place to work. I learned a lot from this position. Working with great employees made things worth it for the students at the Milwaukee Job Corps Center.
Milwaukee Job Corps is full of life long learning experiences including academic, hands-on career technical training, and more.
HVAC Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2012
I've learned alot about how to create resumes and cover letters, prepare for job interviews, training in a construction trade. It's like living life on your own as an adult. They even provide free Highschool Online for students without Highschool Diplomas and a free GED course as well. The staff and student are very polite and the center activities are awesome. Everything is self-explanatory as far as following the rules. They also provide free living in the dormitories.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinner, free off-center recreation trips, free insurance coverage, free driver's education class
Cons
short breaks
Alright job
Server / Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2012
I happened to come into this job new. It seemed as if I was a test subject though. Things were not prepared, and there was alot to do. Job did not persist of job title, it was almost to much to put up with.... Management was very unorganized!
Pros
steady work
Cons
unorganized

Milwaukee Job Corps Center Reviews by Location