Milwaukee Job Corps Center

Milwaukee Job Corps Center Employer Reviews

Productive Self paced program
Student (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2014
Pros: free educations
Cons: slow process
I will recommend Job Corps for serious inquires. Job Corps can be very beneficial long or short term the choice is up to the individual.
Very helpful place to gain work experience and life skills
Material Handling Student (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free housing, food, and healthcare.
A very productive place to try to gain work experience and learn life skills that could help you in the workplace.
good place to get training.
Student Employee (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2013
Pros: free food, free place to sleep. no bills
Cons: shareing doorm rooms with up to 4 people. minors live on campus.
its a high school type atmosphere. you can live on the campus, and they give you classroom training lab training and even find a place for non-paid on the job training.
While I was at the MIlwaukee Job Corps I was able to re-educate myself and be able to learn a new trade/s there and be ablle to get my certications.
Student (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2013
I was able to be succesful in getting my certications and being able to learn new trades and to be able widen my area of jobs.
Hard Work Pays Off
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2013
Great and busy place to work. I learned a lot from this position. Working with great employees made things worth it for the students at the Milwaukee Job Corps Center.
Milwaukee Job Corps is full of life long learning experiences including academic, hands-on career technical training, and more.
HVAC Student Intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner, free off-center recreation trips, free insurance coverage, free driver's education class
Cons: short breaks
I've learned alot about how to create resumes and cover letters, prepare for job interviews, training in a construction trade. It's like living life on your own as an adult. They even provide free Highschool Online for students without Highschool Diplomas and a free GED course as well. The staff and student are very polite and the center activities – more... are awesome. Everything is self-explanatory as far as following the rules. They also provide free living in the dormitories. – less
Alright job
Server / Dishwasher (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2012
Pros: steady work
Cons: unorganized
I happened to come into this job new. It seemed as if I was a test subject though. Things were not prepared, and there was alot to do. Job did not persist of job title, it was almost to much to put up with.... Management was very unorganized!