Mimbres Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

First job
Registered Nurse, Obstetrics (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMAugust 7, 2017
This was my first job after nursing school. I was hired right after I graduated for OB. It was a small unit. I learned a lot. I only left when it became too far to travel (three hour drive one way to work).
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 7, 2017
Great caring culture, lots of positive workers with an eye on quality.
From The CEO to the CNA the pillars of work performance are apparent in every detail.
Pros
caring culture
Cons
staffing
Excellent values and leadership, until the time of separation
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMFebruary 15, 2017
Excellent place to be an ally and employee. Core team is passionate and committed to patients, safety and one another. Far above average benefit package.
Pros
Benefit package, nursing admin support and involvement
Cons
Staffing (as is common in rural settings), lack of reciprocal loyalty and devotion
Good place to work except the 12 hour shifts
contract staff nurse (Former Employee) –  nursing homeJanuary 19, 2017
I use to work at Deming as a traveller and enjoyed it. I would do back but I see they have 12 hour shifts now. The staff and the town was friendly when I was there.
Pros
friendly town and nursing home
Cons
12 hour shifts.
Assistant DON/Acting DON (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMMay 1, 2016
A good place to work with the exception of it being a nursing home connected to a hospital. I spend a lot of my time explaining that a nursing home does not run like a hospital.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Hospital company that doen't understand nursing homes
Stressful place to work as a beginning director
Director of Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMMarch 3, 2016
Lack of nursing leadership support and encouragement. Generally a negative atmosphere. Lack of positive encouragement. Lack of advice on solving issues.
Pros
If a hospital within the corp was used the co-pay, etc., is written off
Cons
Poor upper leadership support
mmh
Chief Quality Officer (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMSeptember 4, 2015
Good people to work with and for. It great to work in a facility where staff and leadership are supportive and always willing to help reach a common goal.
same as last review
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMOctober 30, 2014
working there is ok. to gain experience. it is a good working community and nurses love their patients
Job varity and ability to learn new skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMAugust 22, 2014
I began my job here as a painter. I would repair walls, fill in holes and defects then paint the color choice given me. When my supervisor became ill and the other employees quit the job, I then began to maintain the entire facility for a period of six months. This included repair of plumbing, electrical systems, boilers, HVAC systems, and installing shelves and counters. I enjoyed learning new things, and painting.The hardest part was being on call twenty four,seven. This made it difficult to plan to do things with my family and friends
Pros
Good benifets
Cons
On call hours
Busy small town hospital
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMMarch 11, 2014
Mimbres Memorial is a small rural facility with a core group of people who are invested in our hospital. Those core people pick up the slack to make the facility run smoothly. People pull together to help people in a bind. We have taken up collections to buy bus tickets for peopls who have wrecked their car and are miles from home. The staff is like a big family. The best and hardest part of the job here is that everyone knows everyone. In times of tragedy is it horrible, but in happy times it is wonderful. I have worked in several facilities, but I have learned more at Mimbres Memorial Hospital than I have in any other facility.
Pros
If we use a coorporate owned facility, our out of pocket expenses are written off.
Cons
Deming is a very small town, but coorporation is large and does not understand about small town life.
Excellent work environment for me!
Operating Room Charge Nurse, Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMDecember 31, 2013
Wonderful people to work with. Learned so much with a variety of cases every day. Wish I could have stayed there!
Pros
New experiences daily.
Cons
Sometimes it's long hours! Comes with the job.
fun place to work, friendly people, free coffee, and discounted lunch in cafeteria.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Centreville, AlabamaDecember 3, 2011
quiet place, friendly people, good benefits, and flexible hours.