Mimi's Cafe Employee Reviews

Productive place to work but no room for advancement
Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2017
I would have love to stay on the team but i believe that the manager preferred men on the front line and he did appreciate me for my quality in how i prepped and prepared the food according to Mimi's Cafe standards.
Pros
Family environment
First job!
Host Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work! The training is fantastic and the management too. I love the food! The standards are high and the trust in the employees are high.
Best first time job
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2017
This job was my first real job that helped me with the ways of customer service. This is where I knew i was good at customer service. This job has also taught me what restaurant life was about.
Pros
people, location, hours, flexlibility
Cons
money
Good training system
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAJuly 7, 2017
They have a good training system for new management. I learned a lot from this place, they had showed me behind the scend where we got our resources so we can explain to customer and understand the time line.
Pros
Good training, Very inspired
Cons
Need more employment screening
Stressful work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 4, 2017
A typical day at work for a hostess like myself included greeting customers, seating them at tables, cleaning tables, running food, and keeping the front of the restaurant clean and tidy. I learned how to manage my time efficiently. Management was ok, not great. The manager was not very nice. There was no positive reinforcement. Hardest part of the job was keeping the customers happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
Mimi's Cafe
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJune 30, 2017
The management kept changing. Did not like this aspect of the job. Everything else was great. Tips were good. After some time the customer base started to dwindle though. The managment changing frequently made things a bit caotic.
Eh
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 29, 2017
Management was sleeping with staff and showing favoritism. Everything, especially kitchen staff, was extremely unsanitary. Wont be surprised if the place is shut down soon.
Server (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 28, 2017
Good place to work and busy. Worked there for over three years and they were flexible with my schedule because I was attending school. I no longer work there because the location I worked at closed down in Costa Mesa. They have a lot of other locations.
Wouldn't return
Asst. General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 25, 2017
Wouldn't return I will never work there again . That's all I'm gonna say about the company . It was a learning experience but it lacked management support
Loved to work here, great food.
Head server and trained new employees (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 25, 2017
I was an opening server here, met the mother of my son. Great place to work, just not enough money to support a family. needed to find some advancement opportunities.

Want to know more about Mimi's Cafe?

Ask a question
Bad management overall
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 11, 2017
I worked at the Gainesville, VA location. The management was not very well put together, with the exception of the general manager, Tammi, and one of the assistants Sandy.
Cons
management, favoritism
love the people here
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJune 7, 2017
got along with everyone and felt immediately welcome to the mimis family. only complaint was i wanted to cook and they kept leading me on about starting training
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
no free meals
good job
customer service (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJune 6, 2017
it was a good place to work dealing with customer service . I learned a lot about ppl . I learned how to bartend . and how to use managing skills. great place to work.
Shut down
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bernice, LAJune 6, 2017
They shut down a few months of working there because of not getting enough business in a rural town. It was small little restaurant that once was cds but was bought out by another individual. It served country soul food and had really nice people. It just was in a small town where not many people passed through enough to get the business they hoped for.
great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 4, 2017
staff was outstanding great comfort food. I had a good experience. I learned to improve my serving skills.i love meeting great people our guest were were very kind.
Pros
great food
decent place to work
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 4, 2017
this was the average food service restaurant and a pretty decent place to work. the upper management was alright and the tables and scheduling was fair.
Restaurant Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 2, 2017
A boring job if there isn't people coming in to eat. When it's busy you normally seat people in rotation of servers as fast as possible. If too busy, you will put people on the wait list and quote them a time of seating time. The hardest part of the job is when customers do not understand server rotation. The most enjoyable was making friends with my co-workers, it always make life easier
Great product.
Host (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2017
Mimis was a wonderful place to work. Somewhere getting to know your customers was both rewarding and essential. Unfortunately the location I was working closed.
Nice Work Enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 24, 2017
Being a Hostess at Mimi's Cafe was a good summer job. The management was very nice and professional. I gain long time friendship from other hostess and the waiters. Working at Mimi's taught me how to better manage my time in a busy environment.
horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 18, 2017
Just your typical restaurant where you're just a number to them. fast-paced and a lot of immature people to work with. Lazy people who depend on other strong workers to carry the load.
Pros
free muffins
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mimi's Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9