Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe Employer Reviews

Great food, every one worked as a team player
Waitress (Former Employee), Murray, UTJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: team players
Cons: general manager was terrible
Usually I would work a split shift which was great because it was either breakfast and lunch, or lunch and dinner shifts. Management was great except for the GM he was terrible. All the servers where there to help each other with anything they needed! Loved that job!
High School Job
Server (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 22, 2015
To many changes are made that are not helping the company. General Managers come and go. There is no job security at Mimis Cafe. Anyone can be replace at any moment. Manager is known to fire people on the spot.
good restaurant but lost many managers due tolack upper level consistency.
Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great people, good food
Cons: benefits, quality of life, scheduling equality
Hold daily shift meetings. Preformed line checks for food quality, labeling, rotation, safety, temperature and preparation. Guest satisfaction and retention.

I learned to mange people,invoicing, inventory, payroll, food quality and safety standards.

The restaurant I was at lost all of the management team and was run by visiting managers.

Great team and coworkers.

I went through two company buyouts with Mimi's. Upper management constantly changing. I had 7 different Directors of operations in 5 years. Only had 2 managers running a 5 manager team restaurant for 7 months.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team and the regular guest.

How a day at work could be
Hostess (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: i am great with people so that was the best thing about working here at mimis
Cons: i didnt get alot of hours because there were so many people
It was a very fun day I would take orders , I would greet guest and sit, them it was a lot of responsibilities but I got the job did and did it well
I actually looked foward to going to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZNovember 19, 2014
At first, going to work was something I dreaded but after getting to know everybody and get the hang of things, it slowly became somewhere I loved. The management and my co-workers soon became people I loved and cared about. The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy everyone needs. The most enjoyable part was being able to have fun while still be professional and getting our work done.
Severe problems on various levels
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Corona, CANovember 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Many employees do not perform to their highest abilities, management does not keep to their words and change things on a whim and do not care, because it does not effect their personal lives. No apparent room for a promotion, no befits what so ever for hourly, will not give full time work under any circumstances, no vacation time for hourly, to much work for not enough pay. This location is a terribly employment opportunity.
Fun Work Place
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNNovember 13, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: 1 break per shift
A typical day at work at Mimi's Cafe was always a pretty good day. I worked with alot of really, down to earth people. We all worked as a team so it made the flow of things go very well. The managment there was really nice and understanding about things, we werent constantly hounded about stuff unless you were slacking big time in something. We always had a good time on the job, but we made sue we got our jobs done and done right.
Not very productive
Waitress/ Host (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 9, 2014
Pros: having 10%off of meals
Cons: no benefits, advancement, or promotions
A typical day at work would be a slow unless it was a weekend. I learned great customer service skills like attentiveness, clear communication skills, time management skills, ability to read customers, calming presence, and the tenacity. The management and my coworker wore awesome it was like one big happy dysfunctional family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who never did there job. I love team work, but I do not like being taking advantage of. The most enjoyable part of the job was to deal with the customers and working with amazing crew.
One of the Better service jobs I've had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: hard-work rewarded, discounted food
Cons: healthcare.
As always in the service industry it is a fast paced and high octane environment. With this usually comes that effect of either sloppy management, which leads to a lackluster experience with laziness of fellow employees and limited intervention from management. The extreme end is Micro-managing Bosses whom undermine you relations with clients. Both are dangerous on the hard streets of the food industry. The three different experiences that i had with Mimi's Cafe have all proved to be rather lucrative and rewarding, given you work and are diligent in your task. I enjoyed the place for everything is was worth.
Great job, but I had no way to move up.
Host, To-go Host (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good people and experience.
Cons: no way to make more then minimum
Host duties, answering phones, greeting guest to-go orders ect.
sidework such as setting up child plates. cleaning restrooms.
Fun workplace with great co-workers
Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
This was my first. Everyone there really helped me and taught me about everything I needed to know. My jobs included greeting the guests, seating them, and answering their first questions about the menu and also letting them know if we had a special that day. I also took care of keeping the to-go containers stocked, taking to-go orders, keeping the lobby cleaned and organized, and cleaning the restrooms.
good enviornment
Bartender (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 5, 2014
business closed without prior notice, other than that it was a good place to work.
Obtain a career with which I may expand and learn knowledge.
Lead Server (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: making children smile
Cons: no health care or 401k
I exceeded any guest or customers expectations. Providing the best customer service, while greeting them with a smile. Helped company sales increase. Extremely friendly and helpful with co-workers and managers. Hardest part would be not knowing something. Best part of the job, finding someone who can help! Going the extra mile.
Changing paces
Shift Manager / Bartender (Current Employee), Mason, OHAugust 1, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy talking to people and making sure that they have a wonderful experience under my care and expertise. I have been with this company through many transitions, changing owners and menus several times along the way. I was very proud of this restaurant for a long time. Somewhere along the way, they have lost the ideas that founded it and I have lost my enthusiasm for them. Numbers on a computer are more important than the guests at the tables. With that being said, I wasn't enjoying my job like I once was.
busy but enjoyable and always on our feet
hostess (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free dinner
A productive day would start off busy in the morning we were always on our feet. I learned what my part was remember table numbers what to clean and how to greet
Hated every minute of it.
Hostess (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: the people, the managers, the food was gross, and the restaurant was disgusting.
Didn't like any of the people I worked with, the mangers treated me horribly, and the restaurant was so dirty.
Enjoyable place to work while meeting the regulars
Server (Current Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAJuly 13, 2014
Fast paced restaurant with a homey feel makes for a more intimate dining experience for both guests and server.
fast pace environment
Busser (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 30, 2014
You had to be very fast. A lot of servers were lazy. Management was lousy.
A typical nice work environment
Server/ Host (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch and discounts
Cons: unreliability amongst coworkers
Enjoyed working for the company. For the most part very friendly atmosphere. Had to leave because I was relocating for school.
First job in customer service, great management, learned a lot
Host/Server (Former Employee), Rancho CucamongaJune 12, 2014
Pros: management, environment
Cons: my busy schedule at the time
Mimi's Cafe was a comfortable, positive working environment. In my two years there, I worked four different job positions, moving up each through the different opportunities. I learned the basics of restaurant etiquette - how to interact with customers, provide excellent service, and be a professional. The management was excellent, and provided extensive training for every position. I enjoyed working with the other servers and built friendships. The most difficult part of the job was balancing work and school during this time of my life. The most rewarding part of working at Mimi's was earning my own money and being acknowledged for my diligent work ethic.

1 2 3 4

About Mimi's Cafe

This company pairs the bistro life with home-style cooking. SWH Corporation owns and operates about 145 casual dining spots operating – Read more

Mimi's Cafe Salaries