Mimi's Cafe Employee Reviews in United States

Lucrative and fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 3, 2016
On a typical day of work at Mimi's I would come in and clock in, check if my station was stocked and cleaned, check if my table section was stocked and cleaned, and ask my coworkers and manager if there was anything I needed to do to get the shift transition completed. I would take customers orders, tend to their every need, and help my teammates with their tables as well. I would help seat customers at the front of house, bus tables, run food, and ring up guests at the bakery counter as well. I got along with my friends at work very well. The hardest part of the job was at the times when it was extremely busy at Mimi's. At times I felt as though we were understaffed and overworked, but that didn't deter me from working my hardest and having a good attitude. My favorite part of the job was the friendships that I made with my coworkers and the sense of unity we had as a restaurant team.
Pros
Discounted lunches, made a lot of money in tips, good friends at work
Cons
At times felt overworked and understaffed, recieved zero benefits such as healthcare
Cute little restraunt cafe' style!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJune 17, 2016
Checking table section and stocking the area. Looking at the dish of the day so i can inform guest. I learned all the ropes of the reastraunt business and what i needed to know to be the best waitress.Management was the best and great with staff they really cared aboout the company and put a 110% into the restraunt and making sure guest were happy and taken care of. Co-workers were my favorite people in my life at the time and some of my best friends they were all into the same things i was and had dreams and goals i was trying to pursue. Hardest part of the job was beginging my first waitressing postion because i was so hard on myself and the part I enjoyed the most was the old couples who were regulars, they really warmed my heart and soal.
Pros
Free great food and good people.
Cons
Nothing i can think of.
GReat Dinning place
Server, Bartender, Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 8, 2016
Typical day, greet customers as soon as they come in escort to table introduce myself and all new promotions, after that we do all the ritual just to achieve the perfection at every table. suggesting drinks, appetizer, entrée, dessert , inviting them back for a specific reason too, so you have to be very creative sometimes. Also learned
how to prioritize time by having customers seated as soon as possible. Managed seating areas seating specifically the number of people in the party.
Co-workers were great always helped out.. Most enjoyable part of the job was serving others awesome food and drinks
Pros
50% off meals, sicks days, health insurrance, all benefits
Cons
not paid vacations
Fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chandler, ArizonaAugust 26, 2015
Wonderful benefits, great pay. 50% off all food. Training was fast and efficient in teaching new employees, wonderful coworkers. Although always a little too fast paced, each new day at work was exciting and never boring. Absolutely adored management, all of the managers cared for all of the employees and showed compassion towards customers. Wonderful experience. Maximum amount of hours per week is 70+
Fun and enjoyable working enviornments
Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2015
I started at Mimi's Café when I was 16 years old. I worked my way up to a host trainer and less than a week after I turned 19, they promoted me to a server. A few months after I became a server, they promoted me to a part time fill in manager. I was offered a full time position in management when I turned 21, however, that is not what I wanted for my career to be. Serving is my main job now, they work around my hours for school and my other job. When I serve guests, I provide wonderful hospitality, cash handling, organization and it is a very fast pace environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is to have the guests influence on me. I have my regulars that come in every weekend and treat me very well. All of my co-workers are very close. I have grown up in Mimi's and my managers and other servers are family now.
Pros
Contests
Cons
No real life experience for what I want to do
Great Company and great food
Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 11, 2016
Mimi's Café was a great place to work. A typical work day was setting rosters for the day making sure we were staffed up for what we were expecting to do in Sales. Making sure that inventory was accurate and that we were only using fresh product to serve our guest who came into the restaurant. Would be out in the dinning room during the rush talking with guest and making sure I handled any problem that would arise and make sure that every guest left happy.
Good work environment with poor management
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2016
The serving and bussing staff was great; everyone was cheerful and well paced. Most of the staff seemed to get along well enough. Unfortunately the place is poorly managed at the store level and beyond including HR which ignored my complaints (and possibly those of others assuming their testimony was true as well).
Family Oriented
Assistant Manager/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2016
Great Place to work.
Co-workers were like family.
Guest were like family Worked hard and enjoyed the learning experaince within this company. Management was awesome and good to work with. Like that we were allowed to do all jobs to better our skills within the business.
Pros
Good people
Cons
The Company changed hands a couple of times during my work experience there, worked extremely long hours, 60-70 per week.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 4, 2015
I began working at Mimi's in May of 2008 as a Food server, it wasn't long before I was helping the General Manager with additional duties & the FOH staff scheduling. I was promoted to Assistant Manager, working as the "Service Manager". At the time of my initial employment the company was owned by "Bob Evans". We went through many changes and last year the company was purchased by LDA, Inc. This is a face-paced high volume restaurant, I loved my job, my co-workers & especially the guests. The hardest part of the job for me was the extremely long hours in relation to my quality of life. I learned to use many different software programs relevant to the business, which is very interesting. I assisted in Food & Liquor inventory weekly. I was responsible for staff scheduling. I handled customer issues and loved doing it.
Pros
free food, great benefits, flexible schedule when necessary
Cons
no breaks, long hours on my feet, 10+, very physically demanding.
Great job while you're still going to school.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 28, 2016
Mimi's Cafe is a great place to work while you're still in school. They gave decent hours and the place stayed busy enough to make a fair amount in tips.
Pros
discount on food, busy location, decent tips
Cons
if you're part-time you have no benefits, some managers pick and choose favorites

Want to know more about Mimi's Cafe?

Ask a question
This was one of my first real jobs.
Server/ Bartender/ Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 27, 2016
This place is a great way to start your job experience if you've never had a job before. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help you learn the job to your best ability. I worked here for nearly 3 years and it was an overall amazing experience.
good restaurant but lost many managers due tolack upper level consistency.
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Hold daily shift meetings. Preformed line checks for food quality, labeling, rotation, safety, temperature and preparation. Guest satisfaction and retention.

I learned to mange people,invoicing, inventory, payroll, food quality and safety standards.

The restaurant I was at lost all of the management team and was run by visiting managers.

Great team and coworkers.

I went through two company buyouts with Mimi's. Upper management constantly changing. I had 7 different Directors of operations in 5 years. Only had 2 managers running a 5 manager team restaurant for 7 months.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team and the regular guest.

Pros
great people, good food
Cons
benefits, quality of life, scheduling equality
Some empolyees and Some guests are awesome.
Host/To-go Host (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 20, 2016
Short hours are given but they could be hard. It's easy work, but high in stress. If money is your motivator, by all means apply here. If you could handle the stress, you could make quick and easy money.
Pros
Most employees
Benefits
Fun people to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 10, 2016
Co workers are fun to work with, no advancement, managers didn't communicate with each other. Manger Colleen was very nice and understanding. She would help out when ever anyone needed it.
Pros
Half off food when working
Cons
No health insurance
Great place
Server and Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 9, 2016
Friendly staff and management, I have never had a problem at my work place. The guests are nice as well. I learned to better work with the public and people who may be difficult. The hardest part of the job was time management..
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late nights
Mimi's is the place
Server (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 5, 2016
I think working at a restaurant while going to school is a great life experience. The hours were flexible, there were always enough people to cover shifts if necessary.

Good experience. I recommend working at Mimi's Cafe in Orem, UT to anyone going to school full or part time.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
You always go home smelling like food
stressful and productive
Host, food runner, server (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 25, 2016
Mimi's cafe was hard to work at because the work load would be a lot but Mimi's cafe has taught me a lot of things and it was a different experience to work at a restaurant rather than a photoshoot set
Great Place to Work!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 12, 2016
Mimi's Cafe is an amazing place to work.
The management is very understanding of personal issues, they are fun to be around, but can lay down the law when needed. The co-workers are one of the best parts of the job. They are amazing and it's like a close knit family.

Half off food on shift.
Free drinks.
Employee of the Month.
Decent pay.
Great people to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 13, 2015
A typical day at work was greeting people as they were sat in your section and taking orders. Making sure they had everything they needed and the food was to their liking. I loved working for this company, because everyone got along so well and we all knew how to work with each other to be an effective team.
Pros
Everybody worked very well together
Cons
No health benifits
Good opportunity for young people looking to start their 1st job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I honestly don't remember a whole lot about the location where I worked since it was so long ago...I enjoyed the majority of the staff I worked alongside with but felt that management did not run the restaurant very effectively. I worked there for about 5 years and never got a raise...This location actually just closed down about a month ago and I'm not sure why..
Pros
awesome co-workers, beautiful establishment
Cons
poorly run by management, little to no benefits for employees

2.9