Minacs Group Employee Reviews in United States

Bad job, Not for serious adults trying to make a living.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23218February 13, 2016
This company say they want quality but hiring people that can't spell the word or know the meaning. They find any reason to fire you if management don't like you anymore and will not give you proper training. If you make a mistake its ok until its that time of the year when they looking to down size. The pay is $9.50 starting when the type of stress you deal with is $12.50 not the type of job to look to build a career with.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Training, pay, job stability, management
Non-conducive work environment/great co-workers
Former Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 20, 2015
I worked for Minacs for 4.5 years, it started out great with a great culture and a fun work environment. It seemed as though upper management cared about it's employees. Over the last 2-3 years there was a very high turn over rate, a lack of resources to properly do your job and meet expectations. as well a poor communication from upper management about job roles, transitions, and expectations. Overcrowding employees on one team was unrealistic, but pushed to the limit monthly. Micro management was typical, and putting in 12-14 hour days, and still not being able to complete all of your work is typical. This a company that tries to maximize profitability in a way that is non-conducive to a healthy and pleasant work environment for hard working employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
job security, benefits, lack of resources, micro management
needs improvement
manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 17, 2016
must improve management with respecting employees company can be good to work for, have a lot to work on with coaching and developing people
Pros
schedule
Cons
salary
Messy Company!!!!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren MichiganJuly 20, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and my team leads were good (customer care dept). As a Customer Care Supervisor I felt like we could have been paid more money for all that work. I hated the mandatory overtime and 30 minute lunches. HR is very lazy and seldom respond to anything. They hire anybody off the streets. New office equipment is needed badly. Lots of the chairs have weird stains in them. They have mold in the ice machine and when I told HR, they brushed me off. So if you choose to work there, don't use it. You'll literally be there all day and they get upset if you request time off.
Pros
Met some great co-workers and my team leaders were very helpful, I moved out of Subcriber to Customer Care in a month, and Mexican day for lunch
Cons
30 minute lunches, low pay, terrible schedules, HR department, and no part time is available
CSA (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 26, 2016
All managers do is throw people under the bus. No job security Netflix is now gone. Company is downsizing. Everyone just points the finger all day. I dont feel safe ever in that place. Fights break out, people smoke marijuana. Just ugh! Avoid this place if you can. HR Consultants are no help. The place is ran by a bunch of High School Drop Outs.
Pros
Cons
pay, breaks
Decent Job, if you don't have a life
Apple Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 5, 2016
I loved my job until I seen the job for what it really was. At the beginning I was excited about getting what I needed to move laterally in the company. What I found was management, and team leaders showing favoritism, and a lot of unprofessionalism. If you have any type of emergency such as a funeral, or other reason to be late, just plan on finding other places of employment. 3 lates are an occurrence. You fire yourself basically, so if you are good with attendance and life doesn't happen to you, then you will be good.
Pros
Decent pay, over-time available, co-workers are usally awesome
Cons
Management shows favortisim, opportunities to be promoted are slim. Attendance policy sucks.
Fast pace work and excessive call volume
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 19, 2016
A typical day consist of receiving calls for Netflix and assisting them. What I learned is that I have a lot more patience than what I expected. You can take up to 70-100 calls a day. Management was not the best. The communication was off and there was a time when we went 6 months without a team lead and 3 month without a team manager. The Co-Workers were okay, it was definitely a high school environment so it had its pros and cons. The hardest part was giving the customer a great customer service experience while getting a lot of negative push back. The part I liked most was assisting customers that were willing to learn and be assisted; those customers were a pleasure to assist.
Pros
Free Netflix
Cons
Excessive call volume/Queues
very positive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 2, 2015
I feel most everyone was polite and professional. Great overtime opportunities and promotions. Great benefits and many strong leader ship options to move up in the company.
Pros
Fun. positive.
Cons
more training.
The Warren Location is the WORST!
Subscriber Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 6, 2016
I have NEVER worked at a more unorganized and dysfunctional place in my life. From the recruiters to the horrendous team leaders. Just an all around awful place to work. The trouble is really in the subscriber advisor department. During your interview they'll give you an option between being a subscriber or in sales and they make the subscriber department sound way easier because in the aspect of having goals it's easy because you basically have none. What they don't tell you in you'll be taking a minimum of 400 calls a day! Don't think about asking your team leader for help because they won't be of any sort of assistance. I suggest make friends because you all will have to help each other! The schedule when you are first starting out is less than appealing! You will be working 3:30 until Midnight for at least the next 4-5 months. The turn around here is unreal but from what I have explained which isn't even the half you can see why! I would never suggest anyone work here but if you do try to avoid the Warren, MI location and if you have to avoid the Subscriber department. Oprah couldn't pay more to work here again. Apply at your own risk!!!!!!!!
Pros
You'll have a job
Cons
Pay, Management, Hours, Co-Workers, False Advertisment
Not the best
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work is very loud, obnoxious and distracting. My training classmates have caused me to search for new jobs. The management does their job as far as I can see, but the people in my training class are very disrespectful, childish, immature, loud and obnoxious and I felt like I was back in high school. A fellow coworker and I had to stoop to the level of high school by making a sign and taping it to our chair to get the attention of the trainer because our trainer wouldn't acknowledge our hands being raised, when the trainer would acknowledge the people yelling her name across the room. I am an adult and choose not to work in this type of environment. I am choosing to resign and go back to my warehouse field as a supervisor. The sad thing is, I really like what I am doing at Minacs. I love the job itself, but the coworkers make it extremely hard and VERY uncomfortable to work in.I am a committed worker, I drive 73 miles one way to work at minacs, but I will be putting in my 2 weeks notice on this Monday coming up, being I have another job lined up already.
Pros
I love my job itself
Cons
Coworkers
Great Call Center Jobs
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23220February 25, 2016
Coworkers are great, hours of operation in this site works for my work/life balance"

Very good work environment and work ethics

The people were great to work with. Everyone did their job and the team atmosphere helped with morale. Many longterm employees
terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 8, 2016
its GHETTO they higher anybody that goes on an interview. people fight there all the time. everyone that works there do drugs, lots of other people there sell them.. and im not talking about for express scrips. every building they work in the other companies in the building do not want them there.... people has been caught having s3x in the stairwells and the parking lot, they smoke everywhere other than the smoking area.. they are soo rude DONT WORK THERE, correction use them for the one month training for that free check than leave.
Can be fun but not usually
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work includes answering phones for customers, light troubleshooting and dealing with a whole lot of bs from management. Training teaches you how to use the program we use but leaves a lot of holes for you to figure out on your own. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers and the worst is the favoritism from management.
Pros
decent pay, great coworkers, overtime
Cons
working too much overtime guarantees that your check will be incorrect, management is rewarded for your hard work, very little job security
Great Start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 8, 2016
It's a great job for those who have more than a year's worth of customer service experience and/or face to face sales experience. It would definitely be a learning opportunity for those who have not ever had to tell a customer no. It's sometimes hard to go into work but you have to be dedicated to your position and always be open to learning something new or be versatile.
Pros
Opportunity for promotions, training provided, offers incentives and benefits, paid vacations
Cons
Lay offs, schedule bidding, constantly changing rules and environment
Decent Pay but unfair practices
Automotive Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 6, 2016
The job pays well but the management does not follow through with anything. Standards change from day to day and from employee to employee. Strong focus on numbers but they are easily accessible. Co-workers are easy to work with and the company does do extras such as company wide contests and a free lunch from time to time.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time, company wide contest.
Cons
Tied to a phone, management is not structured.
great coworkers bad management easy job sh*tty environment
Parts Specifying/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 6, 2016
great coworkers bad management easy job sh*tty environment this place would be great if the treated employees as investments instead of recyclables waiting on garbage day
Pros
pay, coworkers
Cons
everything else
Not a great place to work
Pharmacy Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Henrico, VAFebruary 19, 2016
I do not like Minacs at all management is unorganized and the employees have no work manners what so ever. they will hire any and everybody.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Unorganized and unskilled management
great culture and people
Netflix Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIFebruary 19, 2016
great culture and people! loved growth availability! loved my managers and my team! Learned a lot to be able to move to corporate America.
typical far as work goes but without your teammates its hard to get through a day
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 6, 2016
the typical work day goes by fast but the work you have to do can be very stressful....the basics of it is helping another individual think for their self ....and not only tat the company itself is very unorganized
Pros
incentives
Cons
Forced ot, unorganized, hr unorganized, to may rules that change when you were trained a certain way
busy and progressive atmosphere
customer service duties (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 6, 2015
this was a very interesting and busy atmosphere the people were great workers and the teams always offered a challenge for the day such as meeting daily quotas ect. Management was always helpful and prepared ready candidates for better positions. The only bad part was this job had a high turn over rates.
Pros
hour long lunch break, opportunity to chat with famous people around the world i.e westcoast
Cons
no healthcare, and work locations were distant apart.

2.9