Minacs Group Employee Reviews in United States

Netflix CSR (former emeployee)
Customer service rep Netflix (Former Employee) –  Farmington,MIFebruary 3, 2015
It was a ok place to work. The job it's self wasn't hard. Upper Management sucks. I was in the Michigan location, so if there was a bad snow day were we got inches of snow (Ex:14 inches) they would count that against you. When we had a flood and I couldn't get off my block they wrote me up for that. I had a family emergency, i received the call while at work and I got fired for leaving to get to my family. Minacs has no sympathy for there employees.
Pros
benefits, decent pay
Cons
short breaks, having to get your pay deducted to use the restroom, no support on the floor
Paid training
PCA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
Stay away from this company if you have a family and other things in life then to dedicate your life to Minacs. They will fire you for anything and there is no proper channel or protocol when terming someone. They pay is horrible, no good management and hr is a joke. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
30 min lunches, constant shift bids
Fulfilling until the culture of the job changed.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Walk into the call center, sit at my desk where I couldn't have any paper, calendars, pics or anything for that matter, because we were handling customers accounts and the employer didn't want anyone copying customers information. I learned the importance of time management and how to assist a customer, while going above and beyond the call of duty. My co-workers were pleasant individuals who came from all walks of life, attempting to make a living working in a part time call center. Every position was part time, except for the managerial positions, which were never available. The hardest part of the job was not being compensated for the various changes. Even when expectations shifted, more responsibilities were issued with no additional compensation or incentives. Employees who had been there for years were oblivious to raises, holiday celebrations or anything fun, that would require the staff to reward said employees. I enjoyed talking to customers from various parts of the US and making sure there needs were being met.
Pros
6 hr shifts
Cons
benefits, inability to excel in the company
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 20, 2016
I didn't even make it through the first week of training. I was put in a class with a bunch of immature supposed to be 20 year old adults. The trainer never stayed in the class longer than 5 minutes, the Internet was out not allowing access to the training material. The trainer also spoke to the class as if we were children.
Pros
Cons
Training, pay
Very productive work place
Customer Service Representative level 2 (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 14, 2016
a typical day at work was very smooth. New hiring didn't get attended to as much as they should have, management really only focused on their selves. support was rarely given.
Pros
1 hour lunches and paid 15 min breaks
Cons
lack of managment support, documentation consequences
great coworkers bad management easy job sh*tty environment
Parts Specifying/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 6, 2016
great coworkers bad management easy job sh*tty environment this place would be great if the treated employees as investments instead of recyclables waiting on garbage day
Pros
pay, coworkers
Cons
everything else
Full-Time Positions.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 13, 2016
Minacs is a good place to work at if your looking for a full-time job because you have to understand that they're schedules aren't really flexible for someone who wants to go to school.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Short breaks/No flexible schedule.
Not a great place to work
Pharmacy Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Henrico, VAFebruary 19, 2016
I do not like Minacs at all management is unorganized and the employees have no work manners what so ever. they will hire any and everybody.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Unorganized and unskilled management
Very unprofessional
PCA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2016
unprofessional. THEY WILL HIRE ANYONE!! Human Resources & management gossip. Its very ummm....ghetto. Training wasnt very much hands on....once we got on the floor my wave had no clue wtf was going on. Pay is low.
Pros
Easy to get the job
Cons
Pay, training
Day in the life of a call center
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 29, 2015
At minacs we were required to answer the phone within 3 seconds of receiving the call, we were required to be signed into our database ten minutes early and take calls and comply with our break schedules. i was never late and always complied with all policies. I had no write-ups or any disciplinary actions. upon arrival, on breaks and departure, we were required to sign in and out which i did on a regular basis without forgetting.
Pros
incentives and overtime offered
Cons
short breaks for long shifts, check defficiencies
Very comfortable job setting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 18, 2016
Wonderful Benefits, Plenty of benefits. Lots of offers for overtime. Everyone is friendly. My trainers were great and willing to help.
busy and progressive atmosphere
customer service duties (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 6, 2015
this was a very interesting and busy atmosphere the people were great workers and the teams always offered a challenge for the day such as meeting daily quotas ect. Management was always helpful and prepared ready candidates for better positions. The only bad part was this job had a high turn over rates.
Pros
hour long lunch break, opportunity to chat with famous people around the world i.e westcoast
Cons
no healthcare, and work locations were distant apart.
Can be fun but not usually
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work includes answering phones for customers, light troubleshooting and dealing with a whole lot of bs from management. Training teaches you how to use the program we use but leaves a lot of holes for you to figure out on your own. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers and the worst is the favoritism from management.
Pros
decent pay, great coworkers, overtime
Cons
working too much overtime guarantees that your check will be incorrect, management is rewarded for your hard work, very little job security
Ghetto
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2016
They don't even look at your resume. Your over qualified? To bad you get the same pay... Wich is 9.50 btw. With working weekends. The call center itself is ghetto. Don't even bother!
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 14, 2016
its ok but sometimes you feel like you do not get paid enough for what is required of you. its nice to experience but get out if you dont enjoy being on the phone all the time
A great job to have
Early Response specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Overall GM or minacs has been very good to me and for me .I was able to choose my own schedule as well as get incentives and much needed raises. Although like any major corporation there is alot of strain and change I feel the mangers are easy to work with very professional and understanding . Hardest part of my day is disappointing a customer especially when its just the business and not maybe that they truly deserved our help. I most enjoyed coming to work everyday with a diverse and awesome group of people everyone is helpful and majority of the time prepared to work and in a positive mood.
Pros
incentives, room for advancement and internal hiring for management postioons
Cons
very high turn over rate, cap out on pay at a certain level, unexpected movement in departments
A lot of cool people, crummy, shady management
Onstar CLT Advisor (I was the man) (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 19, 2014
I met a lot of cool people there, and it was a pretty easy job, but HR and management is very shady. I put in my 2 weeks notice cause I got offered a better job and they came and took me to HR and said I wasnt following a process and fired me for it, yet I hadn't even gotten the first warning....there was a holiday coming up so I felt they fired me to not get me my holiday pay, but I witnessed them fire a lady who couldnt make it in for a few days cause of a bad car accident and another cause her kid had a high fever, and i got in trouble cause i missed a day when my sick 80 yr old grandma was havin a risky procedure they do NOT care about you

it is a good place to get a start on a good customer service/call center but if you are not promoted within 12-15 months look elsewhere
Pros
good people to meet, good pay n benefits
Cons
shady management, shady hr, dont care about your personal stuff
great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work, fun environment , very organized, fun people to be around , great management, great fun days fun fun fun
There is a lot of micro managing
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 27, 2016
The job is very easy. The pay was horrible and there is also no job autonomy. The co-workers were great though. The job is boring.
Cons
Pay
Prior Authorization Representive (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 2, 2016
Steady pace work flow, It's a great working environment which allows you to be professional and yourself at the same time.

2.9