Mind

Mind Employer Reviews

A good company to work for
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Springdale, ARSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: very little supervision, trust, and responsibility
Cons: long shifts
On a typical day at work, I would arrive at 10:00 PM and do a walk-through of the hotel after counting the drawer. I would lock the pool area and check to make sure the exterior doors were locked and working properly. The person whose shift I was relieving would tell me anything important that might come up, and I would check to see how many reservations – more... were still outstanding. After they left, I would be alone, except for the guests, until 5:00 AM when the cook would show up to prepare breakfast. If the cook was late or absent, I would prepare the breakfast in addition to my other duties.
My duties included doing a nightly audit, as well as handling cash and credit transactions. I also baked cookies for the guests.
At around 7:00 AM, the guests would be filling the lobby and eating breakfast, as well as checking-out. My relief would come at 8:00 AM, at which time they would count my drawer and listen to my account of the previous night's notable occasions. – less
Great work enviroment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 30, 2012
Pros: being able to help people!
Cons: no cons!
Love being able to work in a place where I can help people on a daily basis and make a difference in their lives!
Productive fun work place
Volunteer gardener and handy man (Former Employee), Burton-On-Trent, ENGAugust 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyable
i enjoyed my work experience at Burton Mind, they were friendly, sociable and i learned lots about different aspects of that line of work
nice people
Customer service and satisfaction (Former Employee), Guisborough, ENGAugust 9, 2014
i would serve customers cash handling tidying up stock control
It is fun and gain a lot of experience
Mind' Charity Shop Volunteering (Current Employee), North Hykeham, ENGJuly 24, 2014
Pros: i get to pick the hours i work
Cons: they don't provide food
As I am only 17, I love working in a retail environment, I also love the customer service. Don't get me wrong, it's really good working in the back, but I like interacting with the customers, I like selling items and talking to other people and being able to make someone happy as well.
I've learned a few of the managers tasks, cashing up and so on.
For – more... me, the most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with customers and put clothes on the mannequins because I love dressing them up!
I don't really have a dislike, or a hardest part of the job to be honest, I love it all. Even since I started I knew I'd love it there! – less
Counselling placement
Placement Volunteer Counsellor (Current Employee), RochdaleMay 23, 2014
I work as a counsellor for Mind on my placement and have worked here for 14 months. I work with clients who have severe and enduring mental health issues, including clinical depression and personality disorders.
I have training in CBT and person centred counselling.
Informative placement at MIND
Psychology placement (Former Employee), St. Albans, Hertfordshire, EnglandApril 26, 2014
Mind in Mid Herts provided key opportunities for advancement and learning for future career aspects.
Rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee), Darlington, ENGApril 25, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: only voluntary
Volunteered for a summer, a very interesting insight into the world of retail
Challenging but Rewarding
Volunteer Support Worker (Current Employee), Rushden, ENGFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great job satisfaction
Cons: not being able to give more of my time
I currently run a peer support group for two hours on a Wednesday afternoon, which is a weekly, drop in service for new and long term service users suffering with a wide range of mental health issues and or illnesses. I provide them with a safe, secure and confidential place where they can all talk openly with each other or directly with me on a one – more... to one basis if necessary. Using active listening, I support, listen, motivate and encourage them with their own independence and recovery. I have built up trust and respect with each of the service users and my co-workers.

I love being able to volunteer at Rushden Mind. I work along side some great people and know that I am able to get support and advice from anyone of my colleagues whether that is from the student Social Workers to the CEO. I am constantly learning and gaining valuable experience in something I wish to pursue a career in.

There are so many enjoyable parts of my job but I would say the most enjoyable part is knowing that I have been able to help and support someone in their time of need and have been able to make a difference to their lives. I am able to do that from the smallest of things like making a cup of tea, to being a friendly understanding ear to listen, support and help where possible in a number of diffferent ways. I am often told that I am very easy to talk to and that my time with the service users is very much appreciated. I find this very rewarding and satisfying.

The hardest part of the job for me is seeing someone suffering and not being able to make a difference, no matter how hard I try or whatever I may try to do. Unfortunately sometimes with Mental Health, there are times when I am unable to help. – less
In my opinion funding not used appropriately
Project worker (Former Employee), south eastJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: some very nice clients made work feel worthwhile
Each branch of Mind is different but as a former employee all I can say is god help you if you yourself have a mental health problem, the management has no understanding, concern or sympathy. Not the caring organisation they promote!
Productive and laid back workplace
Volunteer cashier (Current Employee), Letchworth Garden CityDecember 14, 2013
A typical day at work will involve working on the till and dealing with members of the public. When business is slow, it is expected that one will tidy the store, for example making sure nothing is on the floor, clothes are hanging properly, etc.

My co-workers are pleasant and always ready to help when I need it, always ready to answer any queries. – more... One co-worker trained me as to how to use the cash register, and learning under them was an enjoyable experience, and they were able to teach me very quickly.

The hardest part of the job was certainly learning how to use the cash register, however this was not particularly difficult, as I was not criticised for mistakes, rather just told how to improve. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with members of the public. – less
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Chester le StreetOctober 24, 2013
Pros: this gives my experience
Cons: n/a
I currently volunteer on the management committee as a coopted member attending heir monthly meetings I also helped run a poplin club which part of my input was to run a quiz on a weekly basis
Challenging and productive workplace
Ambassador (Volunteer position) (Current Employee), Stoke-on-Trent, ENGSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: life skills
This is a volunteer position, which I do in my own time. This position gives me life skills which are transferable to any part of my life, in work and outside.
I have learned a lot about myself and enjoy volunteering there very much as I get to meet new people and learn new skills.
Hard but rewarding
Activity Leader (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Ystrad Mynach, WLSSeptember 12, 2013
Every day was different, we would have different activities for service user everyday. On Mondays was gardening, Tuesdays was sewing, Wednesdays was choir, Thursdays was walking group and Fridays was crafts.
It wasn't always fun and games though service users could get abusive and angry and they also had to take part in more serious activities like – more... mental health recovery star which focused on their mental health and putting tools in place to cope with the pressures of every day life.
I really learnt a lot about my self, I learnt I was a lot more patient than I thought, I learnt to empathize with service users and seeing my mum go through similar circumstance's helped me to deal with the pressures that came with the role day to day.
My managers and co workers couldn't of been any better they where a amazing bunch of people who treated me with fairness and respect even though I was only a full time volunteer. Even though I'm no longer working at mind I still consider some of my colleagues my friends.
The hardest part was dealing with service users who talked or went on to harm themselves, mental illness is a hard condition to live with and some people don't see any other way out.
The best part of the job was seeing service users go on to recover and move on with their lives, coming to us broken and leaving stronger. – less
fun workplace
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGSeptember 8, 2013
a typical day would be just restocking the shop, organising donated stuff into sections, selling stuff and cleaning the shop afterwards.
i've learned to speak to people I knew with confidence and ease.
the management was easy to follow and very friendly as would be expected in such a fun workplace.
the co-workers were very nice people.
the hardest part – more... of the job was cleaning the shop!
the most enjoyable part of the job was serving costumers. – less
fun workplace
Storeroom assistant (Former Employee), Stockton-on-Tees, ENGJuly 9, 2013
Pros: very fun days
Cons: n/a
typical day at work sorting clothes out for the shop floor loading an unloading the van for distrabution to other shops.
the world was my workplace
Global Director (Former Employee), Sao Paulo, BrazilMay 23, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: too many meetings
day full of meetings, drafting stratetiges, phone calls, researches
mind
sorting (Former Employee), eastbourneMarch 4, 2013
Pros: 1hour
Cons: 10-4
it was most enjoyed job and leart a lot about how to price books and put the books out and basic things
Supportive environment with opportunities for training and skills development
Volunteer Counsellor (Current Employee), GatesheadNovember 1, 2012
Pros: excellent experience and training
Cons: unpaid
A very supportive environment, good training opportunites and a good company to develop new skills
very good
support worker (Current Employee), hullSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: good working atmosphere
Cons: can get emotionally involved
I have to mentor my clients, I have learnt about their needs and I have to manage my time well and carry out an action plan. My co-workers are very easy to get along with. I would say the harderst part of my job is trying to not get emotionally involved and the most enjoyable part is knowing you have made a difference to someone's life.

About Mind

Mind supports people with mental illness in their recovery, to help them live well in the community, with or without symptoms. – Read more