MindLeaf Technologies Inc is an industry leader in the provision of compliance and medical administrative services to government hospitals across the United States and Guam. MindLeaf blends industry best practices, people, and technology to produce meticulous execution of sensitive healthcare tasks.
MindLeaf has been awarded a LPN contract with the US AirForce and is currently seeking experienced Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team. We would love to discuss these with you today!
This position is primarily administrative, assisting patients within the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) at various Air Force Bases ensuring that the patient receives the best possible, timely and cost effective care while optimizing the MTF's clinical specialty capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the Referral Management Center (RMC) and beneficiaries.
- Reviews and coordinates specialty care referrals to ensure completion of associated daily functions and/or takes appropriate actions.
- Makes Specialty Care Appointments
- Advises patient regarding treatment options and assist to answer patient questions at specific treatment facilities and documents in chart.
- Ensure referral process to selected treatment facilities is in progress.
- Makes patient appointments at the MTF and/or defers care to the appropriate network.
- Assists patients with the process of the Right of First Refusal (RFR) determinations for specialty care and serve as a functional expert in the area of health benefits available to the patient.
- Provides patients with referrals to network providers and tracks all referral results/outcomes.
- Provides information to patients’ network provider for redirected care and documents services performed.
- Maintain and track referral records (e.g., creating reports, documentation patient appointments, follow up with providers etc.) Reviews all communications from Network providers and patient.
- Functions as a single point of contact for all involved in patient care through follow-up with patient and Network providers regarding possible continued services.
- Identifies cases that may benefit from alternative levels of care and seeks involvement from case manager, team members, all providers, and ancillary health care workers, as needed, to provide direction in patient care management.
- Complies with all Medical Treatment Facility infection control and safety procedures, practices and standards.
- Understands and abides by all the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and applies appropriate safeguards to prevent use of disclosure of the Protected Health information other than as allowed by patient waivers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities however; LPN may provide supervision of RMC staff as directed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Requires a minimum of 3 years of nursing experience; proof of graduation from an approved National League of Nursing LPN program. Unrestricted license to practice Nursing in the Arkansas state. Must be proficient in health records administration, HIPAA laws and other privacy health laws protecting the patient. If applicable, must possess valid certification/licensure as required by the overseas country in which the Medical Treatment Facility resides LPN’s must be in good standing, and under no clinical restriction with the state licensure board in any state in which licensed or has been held within the last I0 years. LPN Continuing Medical Education (CME) members shall continue to meet the minimum requirements set forth in AFO 41-117, Medical Service Officer Education.
MindLeaf offers competitive wages, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, paid federal holidays, tuition assistance for keeping credentials up-to-date, company match 401K program, health membership reimbursement and corporate discounts such as: cellphone, restaurant and travel discounts.
MindLeaf Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against candidates or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, genetic history, or any other protected status
_MindLeaf was awarded INC Magazine Fastest Growing Companies 500/5,000 2007-2012
Boston Business Journal Pace Setter 2009-2011_