MindLeaf Technologies Inc is an industry leader in the provision of compliance and medical administrative services to government hospitals across the United States and Guam. MindLeaf blends industry best practices, people, and technology to produce meticulous execution of sensitive healthcare tasks.
MindLeaf has been awarded a coding contract with the US AirForce and is currently seeking experienced coders to join our team. We have full-time positions with travel opportunities and would love to discuss these with you today!
MindLeaf offers competitive wages, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, paid federal holidays,tuition assistance for keeping credentials up-to-date, company match 401K program, health membership reimbursement and corporate discounts such as: cellphone, restaurant and travel discounts.
The candidate will be responsible for assignment of accurate Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes, ICD-9 diagnoses, current procedural terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), modifiers and quantities derived from medical record documentation (paper or electronic) for inpatient encounters.
Work Experience : A minimum of 3 years experience within the last 5 years in an inpatient/outpatient setting or 2 years within the last 5 years if experience was in a military setting.
Education : An accredited institution recognized by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Certification : Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) CCS-P (Certified Coder Specialist Physician (CCS-P).
- Position requires excellent computer/communication skills for provider and staff interactions
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology and disease process, medical terminology, coding guidelines (outpatient), documentation requirements, familiarity with medications and reimbursement guidelines; and encoder experience
- Candidate must have ability to handle multiple projects and appropriately prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Responsible for assignment of accurate E&M, ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS codes and modifiers from medical record documentation
- Identifies and abstracts information from medical records (paper or electronic) for special studies and audits, internal and external
- Interacts with MTF staff to ensure documentation is clear and supports coding assignments. Educates MTF staff through individual or group in-services and training sessions
- Maintains a delinquency report of missing records in order to facilitate completion of work within the required Air Force thresholds
MindLeaf Technologies Inc is a Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against candidates or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability,veteran status, genetic history, or any other protected status.
_MindLeaf was awarded INC Magazine Fastest Growing Companies 500/5,000 2007-2012
Boston Business Journal Pace Setter 2009-2011_
*Let a Job with MindLeaf Technologies give you the opportunity to learn DoD Coding and gain valuable experience to assist you in moving forward with your Coding Career and the industry trend!*