Mindshare Employee Reviews

Corporate Agency
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2017
I found the team to be less than supportive when it came to assisting in my training and growth. The tasks I was given often lacked clarity and I was rarely given any solid direction.
Great Internship
Data Analytics Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
The data and analytics internship at Mindshare is a great way to learn about advertising and how analytics is being used in the field. All of the employees were easy to talk to and welcome to teaching new techniques and skills.
Hire young people straight out of college, under staffed, over work young employees and try to compensate low salary for fun office culture
Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2017
*A lot of excel spreadsheets
*There is a focus on education-speakers come in unrelated to media
*Not enough support for large quantities of work/understaffed
*Lots of alcohol, try to create a fun office culture
*High turnover from hiring people straight out of college
Pros
Occasional free lunches, speakers/education, good benefits
Cons
work-life balance, flexibility, retention
Proactive fun work place
Executive Assistant to Marketing Executives (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2016
Great learning experience. Wonderful team to work with. Great clients. An overall great experience. Creative, proactive environment that enables employees to grow and experience a lot of wonderful marketing lessons.
Pros
Learning environment
Decent Work Place
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Mindshare is what you make it to be. If you enjoy working with young, intelligent people, this is the place to be. Work hours can be a little long, but it is the nature of the business.
Pros
free lunches
Laid Back Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Every day is a different day but one of the things i love the most is how everyone is willing to teach you. Even the c level staff are always welcoming to answering questions. Very cool place to work and develop at.
Pros
Business Casual Work Attire
Cons
9 hour work days
Great vibrant culture
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Mindshare is a young vibrant energetic culture that nurtures data driven marketing solutions. The monthly culture briefings give an agency wide update of cultural phenomena's happening within the media space that allow for real time first to market opportunities for the clients.
Pros
Data centric environment
Cons
No security
Great Agency
Client Leadership Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2016
Miami office is a great office to work. They have very important clients and the people working there is very professional. Team work is present at any time.
Good place to start
Marketing Sciences Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
Mindshare was a good way to start my career, however some clients have unrealistic expectations making the hours insufferable
Mindshare is a great environment
Negotiator, National Broadcast (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at Mindshare and the people that I worked with and learned from. The overall atmosphere allowed me to learn about an industry I previously didn't know much about.

Want to know more about Mindshare?

Ask a question
Credit/Collections & Accounts Receivable Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Excellent office environment. Good team work from all departments. I never had a problem with anyone there. Miss working there.
Pros
Awesome Company
Good Company
Planner (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 18, 2015
Only complaint here really is low salary. Issue is the same across industry though.

Great vacation package. 401k is decent.
Great Experience and Team
Broadcast Negotiator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
As the Site Coordinator for Big Brother Big Sister I was responsible for the daily care and management of over 50 matches at the site. Not only was I responsible for their interaction but how the matches were made and held throughout the year. One of the most difficult aspects of the job was dealing with the environment of not only the elementary students but the college students as well. The most enjoyable part was watching these matches grow and flourish into relationships that are still had today.
Great place to start a career
Senior Associate Media Planner (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 26, 2014
If you're on a big account you'll learn a lot very quickly, it's a big company and can be tough to meet people on other accounts.
Fantastic place to work
Account Director - Publishing (Current Employee) –  LondonDecember 9, 2014
I am responsible for the Publishing media planning and buying and day to day management of one of the UK’s largest clients, Marks and Spencer’s. My role is to create plans which fit into the wider marketing mix and meet clients’ business and communications objectives. Taking a lead Publishing role, overseeing the running of the day-to-day account management, has given me the opportunity to focus on developing innovative, adaptive and connected media plans, as well as being responsible for the development of more junior members of the team. I am responsible for briefing out media partners and work closely with the investment teams, media planning department and also externally with creative agencies to execute the vision and deliver a cohesive marketing plan. During my tenure I have worked on a range of accounts including BP, Volvo, Argos, Rolex and Popchips.
Over the years, I have demonstrated ability to work collegially with leaders across various projects. I am one of ten candidates to be selected as part of the Future Leaders training programme designed to accelerate personal and professional development. This involved a CSR project on sustainable media, and an extensive training programme, including RADA for Business, Leadership Styles and Behaviours, and Agency Commerciality training.
Great People
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Mindshare is part of GroupM, an agency holding company based in London. Mindshare is based in NYC.. If you have an opportunity to work in one of those offices, you should jump at the chance - the energy is amazing and the leadership is involved in the business day to day.
Dynamic and Challenging experience
Associate Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
Throughout my experience at Mindshare, I gained valuable experience as an integrated Associate across all media. I was responsible for composing budget projection, competitive analysis, request for proposals from vendors, and necessary monthly billing documents. These responsibilities provided me with a foundation of skills necessary to be successful. I was responsible for media planning across all of my account’s diverse business units. I was commended for my creative thinking and efficient communication strategies when networking with partnering companies, leading to the success of our campaigns. Further, my ability to complete tasks in a timely and productive manner contributed to the campaigns successful planning and delivery.
Renowned Global Media Buying Agency
Media Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Mindshare is a wonderful company in which to start one's career in media, whether you're interested in buying, planning, or strategy, across a myriad of platforms, this is an excellent company to get your feet wet.

For the most part, a laid back environment plays host to a wide range of coworkers; colleagues are without a doubt as diverse a crowd as you'll find anywhere. The mix of personalities allows one to hone their ability to work with a variety of individuals, which can be challenging at times, but overall improves one's management and communication skills.
Mindshare World
Media Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
You can come in anytime before 10am and be fine as long as you get your assignments done, depending on your team. Your coworkers will be great people in and out of the office. Managers will explain what is expected of you, but you will not be baby-sat (which is nice). Hardest part of the job is the money. Depending on your position, as your knowledge and expertise grow, your pockets will NOT. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people you work with, I've met the BEST people here!
Pros
Free lunch, happy hour, massages, OT pay, very flexible hours, very laid back work environment
Cons
Very little room for growth, noncompetitive salaries, nonexistent bonuses and raises for loyal employees
Great Working Environment
Digital Ad Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Mindshare is a great place to dip your toes in the Agency world. There is not much room for advancement depending on the department you end up in. Overall, it is a great place to start your career and learn a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mindshare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2