Mindshare Employee Reviews

Great vibrant culture
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Mindshare is a young vibrant energetic culture that nurtures data driven marketing solutions. The monthly culture briefings give an agency wide update of cultural phenomena's happening within the media space that allow for real time first to market opportunities for the clients.
Pros
Data centric environment
Cons
No security
Laid Back Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Every day is a different day but one of the things i love the most is how everyone is willing to teach you. Even the c level staff are always welcoming to answering questions. Very cool place to work and develop at.
Pros
Business Casual Work Attire
Cons
9 hour work days
I liked my coworkers at Little Caesars
never worked here. (Former Employee) –  I think there is a mindshare located in Dallas, TXJune 27, 2016
You know you're going to be fired you just don't know when it's going to happen. Upper mgmt at Little Caesars is very proud of how many they fire and then make a point of bragging about it.
Great Agency
Client Leadership Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2016
Miami office is a great office to work. They have very important clients and the people working there is very professional. Team work is present at any time.
Mindshare World
Media Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
You can come in anytime before 10am and be fine as long as you get your assignments done, depending on your team. Your coworkers will be great people in and out of the office. Managers will explain what is expected of you, but you will not be baby-sat (which is nice). Hardest part of the job is the money. Depending on your position, as your knowledge and expertise grow, your pockets will NOT. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people you work with, I've met the BEST people here!
Pros
free lunch, happy hour, massages, ot pay, very flexible hours, very laid back work environment
Cons
very little room for growth, noncompetitive salaries, nonexistent bonuses and raises for loyal employees
Good place to start
Marketing Sciences Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
Mindshare was a good way to start my career, however some clients have unrealistic expectations making the hours insufferable
Mindshare is a great environment
Negotiator, National Broadcast (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at Mindshare and the people that I worked with and learned from. The overall atmosphere allowed me to learn about an industry I previously didn't know much about.
Credit/Collections & Accounts Receivable Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Excellent office environment. Good team work from all departments. I never had a problem with anyone there. Miss working there.
Pros
Awesome Company
Renowned Global Media Buying Agency
Media Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Mindshare is a wonderful company in which to start one's career in media, whether you're interested in buying, planning, or strategy, across a myriad of platforms, this is an excellent company to get your feet wet.

For the most part, a laid back environment plays host to a wide range of coworkers; colleagues are without a doubt as diverse a crowd as you'll find anywhere. The mix of personalities allows one to hone their ability to work with a variety of individuals, which can be challenging at times, but overall improves one's management and communication skills.
great place to work, culture varies by account and team
Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2013
Great place to work, tons of accounts to gain experience. If you are on the smaller accounts can be difficult to shine. If you are lucky to be on the big accounts, be ready because there is a lot to learn and several intricacies. Mindshare is a great place but often has an identity crisis. Several senior management changes shift focus every year and a half to two years in. Advancement can be limiting as you are capped and need for others to move out of the picture to become considered.
A place to learn a ton about media planning/buying/execution and business tactics
Digital Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2012
Day to day: Analyzing digital reports
What I've learned: How to communicate with clients - managing requests, providing market reports.
Management: Management is tight due to the complexity of digital
Co-Workers: Good camaraderie between co-workers
Hardest part of job: Long hours, micromanagement
Meeting a variety of top players in the digital world
Great Experience and Team
Broadcast Negotiator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
As the Site Coordinator for Big Brother Big Sister I was responsible for the daily care and management of over 50 matches at the site. Not only was I responsible for their interaction but how the matches were made and held throughout the year. One of the most difficult aspects of the job was dealing with the environment of not only the elementary students but the college students as well. The most enjoyable part was watching these matches grow and flourish into relationships that are still had today.
Dynamic and Challenging experience
Associate Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
Throughout my experience at Mindshare, I gained valuable experience as an integrated Associate across all media. I was responsible for composing budget projection, competitive analysis, request for proposals from vendors, and necessary monthly billing documents. These responsibilities provided me with a foundation of skills necessary to be successful. I was responsible for media planning across all of my account’s diverse business units. I was commended for my creative thinking and efficient communication strategies when networking with partnering companies, leading to the success of our campaigns. Further, my ability to complete tasks in a timely and productive manner contributed to the campaigns successful planning and delivery.
Good Company
Planner (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 18, 2015
Only complaint here really is low salary. Issue is the same across industry though.

Great vacation package. 401k is decent.
Great environment with team work implemented daily
MEDIA ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  MiamiFebruary 20, 2013
Use Excel to record the progress going on daily from our billing software.

Media strategies evolve daily and new information is shared in monthly meetings.

Management has progressed and grown in the past few years,
however the department requires more organization and clarity.

Coworkers are professional and friendly, work well as a team.

Multiple deadlines of tasks at hand are on high demand.

When the task is done, there is a sense of gratifying self accomplishment.
Pros
room for growth in the company
Cons
billing software isn't efficient, high on demand work
Fun place to work, but needs clearer vision for employees
Manager, Business Planning (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2012
Mindshare is a great place to work, and you are provided with as many opportunities as you desire. Top notch client list who are also a joy to collaborate with in order to effectively maximize the value of their media investments. However, there feels like a lack of transparency and secrecy, and it seems that management still struggles to articulate the vision for the office, and more importantly the agency as a whole (at least in US).
Fantastic place to work
Account Director - Publishing (Current Employee) –  LondonDecember 9, 2014
I am responsible for the Publishing media planning and buying and day to day management of one of the UK’s largest clients, Marks and Spencer’s. My role is to create plans which fit into the wider marketing mix and meet clients’ business and communications objectives. Taking a lead Publishing role, overseeing the running of the day-to-day account management, has given me the opportunity to focus on developing innovative, adaptive and connected media plans, as well as being responsible for the development of more junior members of the team. I am responsible for briefing out media partners and work closely with the investment teams, media planning department and also externally with creative agencies to execute the vision and deliver a cohesive marketing plan. During my tenure I have worked on a range of accounts including BP, Volvo, Argos, Rolex and Popchips.
Over the years, I have demonstrated ability to work collegially with leaders across various projects. I am one of ten candidates to be selected as part of the Future Leaders training programme designed to accelerate personal and professional development. This involved a CSR project on sustainable media, and an extensive training programme, including RADA for Business, Leadership Styles and Behaviours, and Agency Commerciality training.
Analyst
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2013
> Great people to work with.
> Fair amount of responsibility without micromanagement.
> Somewhat unorganized structure -- typical of most agencies.
Pros
great client facing experience. ability to use cutting edge tools.
Cons
unorganized structure. limited opportunity for growth.
Great Working Environment
Digital Ad Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Mindshare is a great place to dip your toes in the Agency world. There is not much room for advancement depending on the department you end up in. Overall, it is a great place to start your career and learn a lot.
An endless series of inspiring TED-like talks
Producer, Content Researcher, Program Developer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Mindshare is like a series of TED talks, complemented with intriguing interactive exhibits, socializing, games and valuable networking. I'm allowed to flex my comprehensive knowledge to find intriguing speakers for the monthly salons as well as flex my creative juices to come up with the installations, bells, whistles, games and everything else. The toughest part of my job is the ups and downs of event planning - anything can go wrong and it can be stressful, but we always pull through. Working with tight budgets can be heartbreaking for my bigger ideas, but I just keep them in the creative file for future use (hopefully).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mindshare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2