Mindshare

Mindshare Employer Reviews

Fantastic place to work
Account Director - Publishing (Current Employee), LondonDecember 9, 2014
I am responsible for the Publishing media planning and buying and day to day management of one of the UK’s largest clients, Marks and Spencer’s. My role is to create plans which fit into the wider marketing mix and meet clients’ business and communications objectives. Taking a lead Publishing role, overseeing the running of the day-to-day account management, has given me the opportunity to focus on developing innovative, adaptive and connected media plans, as well as being responsible for the development of more junior members of the team. I am responsible for briefing out media partners and work closely with the investment teams, media planning department and also externally with creative agencies to execute the vision and deliver a cohesive marketing plan. During my tenure I have worked on a range of accounts including BP, Volvo, Argos, Rolex and Popchips.
Over the years, I have demonstrated ability to work collegially with leaders across various projects. I am one of ten candidates to be selected as part of the Future Leaders training programme designed to accelerate personal and professional development. This involved a CSR project on sustainable media, and an extensive training programme, including RADA for Business, Leadership Styles and Behaviours, and Agency Commerciality training.
Great People
Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Mindshare is part of GroupM, an agency holding company based in London. Mindshare is based in NYC.. If you have an opportunity to work in one of those offices, you should jump at the chance - the energy is amazing and the leadership is involved in the business day to day.
Dynamic and Challenging experience
Associate Media Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
Throughout my experience at Mindshare, I gained valuable experience as an integrated Associate across all media. I was responsible for composing budget projection, competitive analysis, request for proposals from vendors, and necessary monthly billing documents. These responsibilities provided me with a foundation of skills necessary to be successful. I was responsible for media planning across all of my account’s diverse business units. I was commended for my creative thinking and efficient communication strategies when networking with partnering companies, leading to the success of our campaigns. Further, my ability to complete tasks in a timely and productive manner contributed to the campaigns successful planning and delivery.
Renowned Global Media Buying Agency
Media Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Mindshare is a wonderful company in which to start one's career in media, whether you're interested in buying, planning, or strategy, across a myriad of platforms, this is an excellent company to get your feet wet.

For the most part, a laid back environment plays host to a wide range of coworkers; colleagues are without a doubt as diverse a crowd as you'll find anywhere. The mix of personalities allows one to hone their ability to work with a variety of individuals, which can be challenging at times, but overall improves one's management and communication skills.
Mindshare World
Media Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, happy hour, massages, ot pay, very flexible hours, very laid back work environment
Cons: very little room for growth, noncompetitive salaries, nonexistent bonuses and raises for loyal employees
You can come in anytime before 10am and be fine as long as you get your assignments done, depending on your team. Your coworkers will be great people in and out of the office. Managers will explain what is expected of you, but you will not be baby-sat (which is nice). Hardest part of the job is the money. Depending on your position, as your knowledge and expertise grow, your pockets will NOT. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people you work with, I've met the BEST people here!
Great Working Environment
Digital Ad Operations Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Mindshare is a great place to dip your toes in the Agency world. There is not much room for advancement depending on the department you end up in. Overall, it is a great place to start your career and learn a lot.
Productive workplace
Integrated Senior Associate CVS/Pharmacy Account (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Mindshare is a productive place to work and has intelligent and creative leadership
Good people, long hours
Senior Associate- Unilever (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
You really get to learn a lot about this industry, especially in the lower roles, however the hours are extremely long and there is no let up.
Smart Group
Partner, Group Planning Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2014
Enjoyed my time here. Great team and smart people in all departments and partner agencies.
Exciting and fun company
Client Finance Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: lots of fun work events
Cons: can have a 'cliquey' vibe at times
Mindshare, along with all the other sister agencies, is one of the best places to work if you want to get real life experience and work along side some of the best and brightest folks in the industry.
Great place to work surrounded by a great team
Senior Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2013
While my experience was nothing but positive, I was ready to leave New York to come home to Connecticut and embark on a new career.
great place to work, culture varies by account and team
Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2013
Great place to work, tons of accounts to gain experience. If you are on the smaller accounts can be difficult to shine. If you are lucky to be on the big accounts, be ready because there is a lot to learn and several intricacies. Mindshare is a great place but often has an identity crisis. Several senior management changes shift focus every year and a half to two years in. Advancement can be limiting as you are capped and need for others to move out of the picture to become considered.
Challenging, fast paced. Working hard but also enjoying the benefits of our hard work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2013
Pros: the fast pace environment, friendly co workers and a good support network
Cons: i have relocated to this area due to family circumstances, its a better fit for me to work closer to home
I feel that the best way to deal with any challenges is to meet them head on. In short working on Global and NA client accounts I have learned to think fast on my feet, come up with solutions when confronted with no other alternatives.

A typical day for me is to be able to go from one request or task to the next, constantly juggling; however, still keeping all balls in the air. This could include, travel, calendar scheduling, coordinating client meetings, pay roll deadlines, billing issues that need to be resolved.

I believe a strong team environment is crucial for office productivity and success and my support staff deliver.

The Most enjoyable part of my job is working on Global requests that, at times, present many obstacles, but the joy is in getting the impossible done and ensuring that my boss and our clients are satisfied.
Analyst
Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2013
Pros: great client facing experience. ability to use cutting edge tools.
Cons: unorganized structure. limited opportunity for growth.
> Great people to work with.
> Fair amount of responsibility without micromanagement.
> Somewhat unorganized structure -- typical of most agencies.
Media based agency with extraordinary team members
Sr. Associate, Hybrid (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 23, 2013
Stewarded media campaigns for clients, optimized cross-platform media buys to maximize results, and oversaw monthly client budgets/billings
Great environment with team work implemented daily
MEDIA ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), MiamiFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: room for growth in the company
Cons: billing software isn't efficient, high on demand work
Use Excel to record the progress going on daily from our billing software.

Media strategies evolve daily and new information is shared in monthly meetings.

Management has progressed and grown in the past few years,
however the department requires more organization and clarity.

Coworkers are professional and friendly, work well as a team.

Multiple deadlines of tasks at hand are on high demand.

When the task is done, there is a sense of gratifying self accomplishment.
An endless series of inspiring TED-like talks
Producer, Content Researcher, Program Developer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Mindshare is like a series of TED talks, complemented with intriguing interactive exhibits, socializing, games and valuable networking. I'm allowed to flex my comprehensive knowledge to find intriguing speakers for the monthly salons as well as flex my creative juices to come up with the installations, bells, whistles, games and everything else. The toughest part of my job is the ups and downs of event planning - anything can go wrong and it can be stressful, but we always pull through. Working with tight budgets can be heartbreaking for my bigger ideas, but I just keep them in the creative file for future use (hopefully).
A place to learn a ton about media planning/buying/execution and business tactics
Digital Media Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2012
Day to day: Analyzing digital reports
What I've learned: How to communicate with clients - managing requests, providing market reports.
Management: Management is tight due to the complexity of digital
Co-Workers: Good camaraderie between co-workers
Hardest part of job: Long hours, micromanagement
Meeting a variety of top players in the digital world

November 8, 2012

Where can I go to find out more positions about Mindshare?

Good company for entry levels
Associate Director - Statistical Modeling Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2012
Nice company but at present no work/life balance. Leadership is trying hard to fix things.
Fun place to work, but needs clearer vision for employees
Manager, Business Planning (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 23, 2012
Mindshare is a great place to work, and you are provided with as many opportunities as you desire. Top notch client list who are also a joy to collaborate with in order to effectively maximize the value of their media investments. However, there feels like a lack of transparency and secrecy, and it seems that management still struggles to articulate the vision for the office, and more importantly the agency as a whole (at least in US).

About Mindshare

Mindshare USA, doing business as Mindshare North America, is a leading media planning and buying organization serving clients – Read more