This senior position provides technical and managerial leadership to multiple IT functional areas. This employee will be responsible for the management of staff and project delivery within the Business Process Management (BPM) Center of Excellence. This is a direct report to the BCM COE Director. The responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Responsibility for development and delivery of software and solutions on the BPM technology stack through the Solution/Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Formulate and execute department/unit policies and practices and establish applicable controls.
- Coordinate financial and budget activities for maximum operational efficiency of the department.
- Manage the delivery of new solution development including cost estimates, scheduling, contracting, personnel/assignment, solutions definition and budgets for BPM Center of Excellence.
- Hire and supervise direct reporting staff and vendor / contractors according to overall company policy.
- Mentor staff and vendors to ensure delivery schedule, goals and objectives are attained.
- Monitor staff and vendor performance and conduct reviews with a focus to achieve maximize potential.
- Creating a work environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Prepare and deliver reports which document and demonstrate operation and financial performance of the department
- Collaborate and coordinate with other departments involved in the delivery of solutions to optimize cost and scheduling.
- Demonstrate a strong documentation discipline for all SDLC artifacts - technical requirements, functional specifications and detailed design using UML.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical problem-solving, interpersonal, written and verbal communications and organizational skills
- Manage cross-divisional and Enterprise-wide projects of increased complexity, size and scope
- Monitors internal and external technology trends and makes recommendations for operating improvements
- Manage work in accordance with the IT Operating Model
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years of IT professional experience. Preferably from a Healthcare or Financial Services environment
- 5+ years experience leading teams on large scale process improvement initiatives with budget and project schedule responsibility.
- 5 years experience in full lifecycle software development lifecycle. Preferably on an industry leading Business Process Management platform
- Requires a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations
- 6 Sigma Black Belt (Preferred)
- Certified Project Management(PMI) (Preferred)
- Certification on IBM Websphere BPM Application Platform (Preferred)
- Expert knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise workflow systems, service oriented architecture, intranet/internet architecture and communication architectures.
- Senior level knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments.
- Must be technically competent in all phases of systems architecture design using state of the art rules-based architecture, object oriented component analysis and development (OOA, OOD, UML).
- Well versed with BPM technologies and concepts like business modeling, BRMS, business monitoring, long running processes etc.
- Experience with the following BPM applications: IBM Websphere Process Server or IBM Websphere Lombardi Edition
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change .
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Communicates and enforces coding standards
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to perform under stress and to motivate a team to deliver on committed timelines
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with development team.
- Keeps team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding development efforts.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, systems and objectives.
- This position can be based out of our Wall, NJ or Newark, NJ offices.