Miner Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stressful
Door Technician (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXAugust 8, 2017
They dont keep there promises, they lack on training, they suck on rises it just wasn't the job for me i dont like getting cheated on pay i work hard they dont appreciate that
Pros
You get a company phone
Cons
No furture
It's good overall
Machine Operator . Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILAugust 8, 2017
It's a good job. Love the experience I love how there a good choice of lunch . They offer good opportunity as well. Overall a good job to be ther. Great opportunity on school for engineering
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Small brakes
Excellent company with extensively poor operations year over over
Private (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
The biggest obstacle standing in the way of Miner Corporation becoming a larger player in the facility services segment is their operations. Miner continues to acquire new companies, however, they are failing miserably at improving operations for customers which has created loss of customers and jobs at Miner. I enjoyed working for this company, however, I knew I could never improve at my job with the operational challenges presented on a daily basis. Overall Miner had another quarter of loss revenue and loss clients, its very unfortunate for all the share holders and good employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad service and operations, which is what their founded on.
Changing culture in decline
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Central TexasJuly 10, 2017
When I first started it was a very positive place to work. Great image and culture. Now they have lay offs every 4 months even when they are constantly hiring. You never know how the company is doing. Its all about more and more profit. No regard for customer service. Very little respect for employees.
Pros
Non
Cons
Unstable company
Good place to work, good benefits and management
Office Manager / Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at Miner Corp as a Service Coordinator. Pay was decent, my team was awesome. The office had a small company vibe and it was like being with family. It was unfortunate that my position was eliminated.
Pros
good pay, great benefits, matching 401K. Laid back
Cons
was worried about job security
Good company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 26, 2017
Good company family oriented they treat me well and keep me busy plenty support lots of hours and decent salary. Highly recommended if looking to work hard
Only if your desparate
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
My experience in one of the Miner offices has been most unenjoyable. The culture is crude and hostile and the extreme vulgarity used by all is absolutely astounding, from the bottom to the top management, gross vulgarities fly through the air all day long. There is no top to bottom communications, so the error rates and trying to find out "who's on first" could be comical if it were not so ridiculous and wasteful. Trainers are not good trainers, there is no overall organization, it's a free for all basically.

I have never worked in such a mess. Some of the people are good people, but it's an ugly place to spend 8 hours per day.

I could go on and on, but why.
Pros
Flexible with family needs
Cons
disorganized, poor communication, vulgar place
Would not recommend working here
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 9, 2017
This company is more based on who you know and favoritism. the amount of things people get away with are unbelievable..management for the exception of a few are nice decent people rest talk to you like a child and expect you to do their work. I was employed for over 1 yr with no issues and former car became manager and lied about me and got me fired. You can go to the "HR" and nothing will be done..You deal with it up or you are told you can leave if you want. Pay is not that great compared to the amount of work your are expected to do.
Pros
Some good people work here
Cons
People complain about the pettiest things to get you in trouble.
Poor management
coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 8, 2015
Great employees to work with but management lies to you. Tell you one thing and do another. Long hours and no one cares how hard you work.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management lies, long hours, family life no longer exists
Past employee
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San AntonioMarch 2, 2015
Working with vendors/sub constractors and even some of the clients are really great. The management are bullies and there is really no room for advancement unless you're a yes man. Miner has no formal training and most of the team leads are lazy, there are several employees that have even made comments as to, I'm putting my feet up on the desk and not doing a thing, maybe they will fire me so I can collect unemployment and do drugs. Also the pay is very low for the amount of work. I was one of the lucky ones and my pay was above proverity level.
Pros
few good ppl employed there
Cons
management bullies and degrades employees
Growing company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2014
Miner was growing exponentially and provided great insight into rapid growth and expansion
Hard workers
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXNovember 5, 2013
Miner has core values and sticks to them
As long as you are loyal you have a job here