Mineral Area College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Instructor
LPN/RN/Bridge Programs (Current Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMay 21, 2015
Adjunct Instructor in the Nursing Program, love working with new nurses and teaching. Love the enthusiasm, and the staff there are great to work with
Fun place to work with good hours and great benefits
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMarch 24, 2015
I liked the hours I worked, and the people I worked with. We were allowed to play basketball if we got done early, which was an added perk and an incredible stress reliever!
Pros
Weekends/Holidays off, great benefits
Productive and fun working place
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MO Head Start ProgramOctober 17, 2014
This it was a work study position, offered through MAC.

Helped kids to accomplish everyday projects and cared for children inside and outside of the building. Assisted teachers with dining, watching and directing children, activities.
The co-workers are very friendly and caring.
The best part of the job, is to see how fast the kids learn and how can show you they real feelings. Specially the true love and admiration that involves the whole group.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
no sick days.
I would be an asset to any company. I would be happy to work full time with a company that would respect me as much as I will respect them.
Store Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Park Hills, MOAugust 9, 2014
Wonderful college life everywhere to guide and assist students on their way to a more productive future. Students come from many walks of life and many countries. This is an exciting environment to work with. Management and coworkers create a smooth transition together as a team. It creates a thrilling atmosphere of many career choices for the students. Each semester brings new and returning students needing advice and guidance from class choices and the latest materials available for learning their chosen subjects. Books, flash cards, web materials, internet requirements, science labs or just directions to the nearest financial assistance offices.
Pros
new and refreashing ways to learn your favorite subjects to help the customers.
Cons
costly for students they need to be advised on these matters and options available.
easy, productive, and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOApril 27, 2014
My typical day at Mineral Area College's admissions office would be filing papers, typing letters on the typewriter, answering phones, faxing and making copies. My co-workers were super nice and fun to be around. I've learned how to use the typewriter and file papers. There wasn't anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was having the chance to help others.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
n/a
great school
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMarch 18, 2014
we learned a lot in one day. had tests ever other day. we did clinicals at job sites.
Pros
furthers your education
Cons
na
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOJuly 18, 2013
Everyday something is new. Most people are very nice and they are happy to see you when their computers break down.
I enjoyed working with young students.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOJuly 17, 2013
I enjoyed working with young children in the summer program while employed at Mineral Area College.
Pros
co-workers.
Cons
it was only summer employment.
Great working enviornment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMay 7, 2013
I got to work with snakes and mice. I helped clean and organize the lab. It was a great job.
Pros
got to work with animals
Cons
work study program got cut.
This is just to ID the break in work history
Student (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOApril 22, 2013
College was just placed on here to Identify a break in work History. Income was from the 911 GI Bill.
Pros
biology labs
opportunity to grow and advance
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOFebruary 25, 2013
I would give potential students tours of the campus and I would talk with them about the admissions and financial aid processes. I would also work at Freshmen Orientations and help students create their class schedules and answer any questions they had. I learned how to be a good communicator and how to have a lot of patience. The hardest part of the job was having limited hours The best part was helping the potential students and getting them ready for their college experiences!
Pros
flexible schedules and many opportunities to learn new skills
Cons
not a lot of available work hours
awesome place to work. very friendly staff
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOJuly 11, 2012
during my time with this company, I learned a lot. I learned how to do my job the right way. My co-workers made my job fun, they gave me all the help i needed, when I needed it

4.7