Mineral Area College Employee Reviews

My experience
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Hills MissouriApril 22, 2017
I did like my job. My boss was kind of out there but they had great benefits. If you play golf your going to do well.
The job is high paced and very in depth.
I love the hours
The hardest part of the job was to deal with some coworkers.
Pros
pay and the benefits were great
Cons
My boss and some of the coworkers
Was a resident assistance
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMarch 31, 2017
I worked as a resident assistance for the campus housing for the two years I lived there. This paid for my housing which was a huge plus for me.

The job was very easy, and didn't demand much time or skill. You walked the entire housing campus, sorted student mail, and put it into their boxes, and filed anything that needed filing. We also worked rotating on-call shifts in case of problems in the complex, or a student locked themselves out of their apartment.

The most enjoyable part was having a job during college that was at the college that was easy, and paid for my housing. The most difficult was responding to on-calls of student lockouts in the middle of the night.
Pros
Paid housing
Cons
Middle of the night on-calls
Productive and Great Place to Teach!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMarch 27, 2017
Upon hiring: one usually has roughly a semester to prepare lessons, exams, group work, lectures for the up and coming semester.

For me, I'm working solely online at the moment so a typical day consists of me checking the status of student and college emails, checking the class homepage, keeping up with due date assignments, and reading taking notes myself on things to improve upon.

Management is great, I've had positive experiences with the managerial team at Mineral Area College.

The culture is very diverse and students, teachers come from a variety of different backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job would be making a living as solely an adjunct instructor...it's best to have full-time or part-time lined up so that you have a larger annual income.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the tangible change in helping students throughout a semester. This always makes me feel good :)
Pros
Experience
Cons
Teaching limitations
This job allowed me to development the job skills needed to work with people of all ages from all walks of life.
Comp. Lab Tech. & Tech. Dept. Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOSeptember 1, 2016
This job provided me to learn job skills and development the skills to work with people of all ages from all walks of life. I held many position in the many years I worked for MAC while I completed my 2 associate degrees as well as while I completed my B.A degree via the C.M.U. out reach office. This was conveniently located on MAC campus. I had great supervisors and enjoyed the convenience of both attending school and work in the same location.
Pros
It was convient to attend school and work at the same location.
Cons
My job was via student work study programs, this ended upon my graduation for the CMU's Bachorlor program.
Campus Police
Work study (Current Employee) –  Park Hills, MOApril 28, 2016
I really had a great time working here, all of the employees was great, I had a very flexible schedule my supervisor always made sure school was first and work was second.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Individual freedom to create and improve the campus
Criminal Justice Director (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOFebruary 6, 2016
The college presidents were excellent to work for and with. I was able to also write grants for the programs I ran and the college gave me staff support believing in me. In the years I was there, I brought in over 25 million dollars in grants.
Pros
Small campus
Cons
Small campus
A good place to start.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOAugust 14, 2015
Small campus with a diverse student body. Great opportunity to develop new programs. Not enough students to maintain new programs.
Adjunct Instructor
LPN/RN/Bridge Programs (Current Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMay 21, 2015
Adjunct Instructor in the Nursing Program, love working with new nurses and teaching. Love the enthusiasm, and the staff there are great to work with
Fun place to work with good hours and great benefits
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMarch 24, 2015
I liked the hours I worked, and the people I worked with. We were allowed to play basketball if we got done early, which was an added perk and an incredible stress reliever!
Pros
Weekends/Holidays off, great benefits
Productive and fun working place
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MO Head Start ProgramOctober 17, 2014
This it was a work study position, offered through MAC.

Helped kids to accomplish everyday projects and cared for children inside and outside of the building. Assisted teachers with dining, watching and directing children, activities.
The co-workers are very friendly and caring.
The best part of the job, is to see how fast the kids learn and how can show you they real feelings. Specially the true love and admiration that involves the whole group.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
No sick days.
I would be an asset to any company. I would be happy to work full time with a company that would respect me as much as I will respect them.
Store Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Park Hills, MOAugust 9, 2014
Wonderful college life everywhere to guide and assist students on their way to a more productive future. Students come from many walks of life and many countries. This is an exciting environment to work with. Management and coworkers create a smooth transition together as a team. It creates a thrilling atmosphere of many career choices for the students. Each semester brings new and returning students needing advice and guidance from class choices and the latest materials available for learning their chosen subjects. Books, flash cards, web materials, internet requirements, science labs or just directions to the nearest financial assistance offices.
Pros
New and refreashing ways to learn your favorite subjects to help the customers.
Cons
Costly for students they need to be advised on these matters and options available.
easy, productive, and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOApril 27, 2014
My typical day at Mineral Area College's admissions office would be filing papers, typing letters on the typewriter, answering phones, faxing and making copies. My co-workers were super nice and fun to be around. I've learned how to use the typewriter and file papers. There wasn't anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was having the chance to help others.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
n/a
great school
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMarch 18, 2014
we learned a lot in one day. had tests ever other day. we did clinicals at job sites.
Pros
furthers your education
Cons
na
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOJuly 18, 2013
Everyday something is new. Most people are very nice and they are happy to see you when their computers break down.
I enjoyed working with young students.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOJuly 17, 2013
I enjoyed working with young children in the summer program while employed at Mineral Area College.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
It was only summer employment.
Great working enviornment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOMay 7, 2013
I got to work with snakes and mice. I helped clean and organize the lab. It was a great job.
Pros
Got to work with animals
Cons
Work Study program got cut.
This is just to ID the break in work history
Student (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOApril 22, 2013
College was just placed on here to Identify a break in work History. Income was from the 911 GI Bill.
Pros
biology labs
opportunity to grow and advance
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOFebruary 25, 2013
I would give potential students tours of the campus and I would talk with them about the admissions and financial aid processes. I would also work at Freshmen Orientations and help students create their class schedules and answer any questions they had. I learned how to be a good communicator and how to have a lot of patience. The hardest part of the job was having limited hours The best part was helping the potential students and getting them ready for their college experiences!
Pros
flexible schedules and many opportunities to learn new skills
Cons
not a lot of available work hours
awesome place to work. very friendly staff
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOJuly 11, 2012
during my time with this company, I learned a lot. I learned how to do my job the right way. My co-workers made my job fun, they gave me all the help i needed, when I needed it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mineral Area College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7