Mini University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
position was not for me
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 5, 2017
was not fond of provided curriculum and discipline strategies. found to be too structured for teachers with not much freedom to change classroom to the teachers wants and child's needs.
Teahcers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 13, 2017
I loved working with the kids and teaching them what they needed to know in order to succeed in the next lever of education. I love the educational atmosphere.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short breaks
Was an enjoyable job
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHNovember 3, 2016
Asst, the lead teacher with the daily running of infant/toddler room. Focus was to help the children reach their developmental mile stones. We communicated the needs and concerns we had with the children with their parents.
Fun and exciting place to work!
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 4, 2015
I really enjoyed my experience at Mini University, and it was a pleasant environment to work in. Management was very friendly and supportive to my needs or concerns. My co-workers were very nice and down to earth, which made my experience there enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace, and the most enjoyable part was interacting with the children at the center.
Pros
Self-paced
Cons
Temporary job
Great
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMay 19, 2015
Fun enviroment. Great staff, curriculum and families. The directors were well educated and dedicated to the staff and families of the students.
Educational and intuitive for both the teacher and students.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day of work included getting there by 7am and working on the morning routine of feeding, diapering, and informing children of the days events.
I learned a lot of a child's development and how to make a variety of children interact with each other.
The management was kind and always helpful.
My co-workers were always nice and pushed me in the direction of higher order thought.
The hardest part of the job was to conduct the classroom after meals as there would be different types of feelings such as rambunctiousness and/or tiredness.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to take part in taking care of children of the Dayton community. It was like family.
Pros
Quick on feet and flexible schedule
Educating Young Children
Pre-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 17, 2014
Professionally trained educators demonstrating developmentally appropriate practices and introducing learning experiences based on children's interest.
Pros
Teambuilding, Tuition reimbursement
animals in classroom, animals in hallway for all to see, cooking project for each classroom every Tuesday, work schedule, Christmas break
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day would be making sure that the families and the children felt safe and secure when they left their precious child(ren) in our car. I learned that children are always ready to learn especially when you can incorporate fun into learning and they do not realize they are learning. There was alot of hands-on experiences. I enjoyed the co-workers. We would have classrooms responsible for the team building challenge for each month including the office staff, and adminstrative staff. We also had a cooking project that took place in the classroom and the hallway was always smeling YUm YUM Good!The hardest part about the job was when staff did not show up and working around schedules to try to accomodate everyone while maintaining a safe and secure and fun environment for the children. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship with fanilies and the community.
Pros
parents coming in to be involved, parents givng materials, parents participation
Cons
being a part of the office staff anf not knowing how to communicate with your staff.