Industry: Mining & Metals
Specialization: Minerals & Fertilizers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly monitors performance of direct reports ensuring productivity and process improvement goals are met.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiencies/reliability in facility equipment and process/product flow.
- Prepares preliminary designs and cost to benefit assessment and responds to initiator with detailed results.
- Responds to operations/maintenance management requests to analyze equipment needs related to conceptual process improvements.
- Competitively bids and awards capital improvement engineering and construction contracts, in conjunction with sourcing group, based on analysis of bidders safety record, relative costs, and demonstrated ability to accomplish projects on time and within budget.
- Manages multiple capital projects ensuring that cost and critical path goals are attained. Ensures timely receipt of required materials and proper staging through effective leadership/coordination of company employees, vendors and contract personnel.
- Responsible to assess strengths and development opportunities related to direct reports and create timely action plans, accordingly in order to develop future CMP technical and Operations leaders.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (min 8 years) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Three years plus direct leadership with full responsibility/accountability for performance of in house mechanical and/or other engineers.
- Experience with IBC, ASME, ICI, API, NFPA or other formal design standards.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 8D Problem Solving techniques, Six-Sigma or similar team concepts is preferable.
- An individual should be PC proficient and possess the ability to quickly master skills required to function with expertise in mainframe functions
- Must be proficient with spreadsheet software, CPM management software, written communications, verbal presentations and ERP system use.
After reviewing the opportunity, kindly forward me a copy of your resume so that we can talk about the opportunity in detail.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard