Ministry Health Care Employee Reviews

Good company to work for. Always room for advancement
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoy the fact that I like many of the people there. everyone is friendly. Most jobs are Monday through Friday mine unfortunately is not. I am required to work every 3rd weekend.
Workplace Culture
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 2, 2017
This is an excellent place to work as management has created a culture of teaching and learning. They strive to be sure only the best are hired. And the physicians/surgeons are top notch.
Love the paitents
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 17, 2017
Great co workers! Like knowing I make a difference, clean and sanitize for patients for their stay at the hospital. Like to talk with patients, sometimes you listening makes the biggest difference.
Great Company, slow advancement
Critical Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 8, 2017
Ministry/Ascension is a great place to work but advancement opportunities are few and far between. Good mission and values, they do show that the patient comes first.
Transition
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIDecember 21, 2016
Currently, the facility is going through a transition with Ascension Health Care, which has plummeted employee satisfaction. There is a lot of instability.
Pros
Employees are wonderful
Cons
Stability
good company, undergoing changes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 14, 2016
Good company; with many good people working there. Undergoing change because of forming into Ascension WI. There are some outstanding facilities, as well as doctors and leaders working there.
Wonderful People with Great Values
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 28, 2016
Ministry Health Care adhered to it's Mission and Values and company leaders truly cared about the employees. They were flexible and understanding to schedules and family needs.
Over worked and understaffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIOctober 26, 2016
I would work any where else instead of saint clares. Huge turnover. Always work late. Never appreciated for your hard work. I was lucky if I got a lunch break.
Wonderful place to work
Category Buyer (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 5, 2016
Best place I have worked so far. Some of the best people I have had the pleasure to know work here. Many people have been with this organization for their entire career. Very good pay and benefits, with a very realistic work-life balance. There has been no micro-managing in my department, and the typical workplace drama is at a minimum. If it weren't for my position being eliminated, I would have been happy to finish my career here as well.
Pros
Supportive co-workers, no micromanagement, good pay and benefits, noble work.
Cons
Frequent layoffs due to budget cuts and business transformation.
Ministry's values are being taken over by a large corporation
Hospital worker (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIAugust 20, 2016
I have worked for Ministry for over 3 years and have seen it decline immensely. As an employee, there is no communication, nurses are driven away by lack of supportive staff and huge workloads, and now even their benefits/pensions are being messed with. There is no future for anyone that doesn't have an education and even the "standards" are so high that if someone wanted to come into their work community, they are turned away. Management needs to get their priorities straight.
Pros
Cons
bad management, poor census, high employee turnover.
Medical Staff
Medical employee (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIAugust 5, 2016
Upper management likes to put down employees to other employees. Beautiful hospital! Cafeteria food is great, but expensive. HIPAA guidelines need to be reviewed by a staff member in supervising role.
Pros
Beautiful hospital, great food but expensive, great coworkers in modailty
Cons
HIPAA concern, cafeteria prices, call, high school atmosphere
RN Inpatient hospital
Floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 1, 2016
Long hours, chaotic, understaffed at times, mandation to work over, they take patients then worry about if they have enough staff later. Charge rediculious prices in cafeteria, no employee discount. They sometimes give you a voucher for a meal if you work longer but cafeteria is closed when u can finally get there. High turnover, they do not appreciate the great staff they have. They should feel blessed to have such wonderful caring people, the staff and low levels workers care more about patients then the company, supervisors or mgrs. This brings me to the employees, most are genuine, caring and willing to put patients first which is hard when mgmnt does not have your back.
Pros
Coworkers and patients, ample supplies
Cons
See above most
Ministry Medical Group
Centralized Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 28, 2016
I work for Ministry Medical group as a CSR. I have learned many things at this job about medical terminology and working with patients and professionalism on the phone. Management works hard to keep us happy and makes sure we know what we are doing. Are Co Workers are great we all get along like a family and work together as a team.The hardest part of the job are the patients that can get hard to handle at times. I enjoy my job but I am relocating to Medford with my Fiance and we are starting are future together.
Pros
Benefits, Bathroom Breaks, monthly engorgement meetings
Cons
Difficult patients, Hours
Flexible work schedule but constant state of flux
Medical Secretary/Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIJuly 18, 2016
Ministry Health Care started as a great, local healthcare company that really cared about its employees and valued their input. Over the past 10 years, the system was sold numerous times and implemented change after change, making it difficult to keep up and even more difficult to be productive and effective as an employee. Despite frustrations, there has been a core group of management and employees who have stuck it out and maintained a working department that strives to exceed expectations on a daily basis.
Pros
Decent compensation, some flexibility
Cons
Constant change, communication less than desirable
Catholic Mission Vision Values
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 6, 2016
Care focused health care organization working on assimilating to the national Ascension Health Care platform. ePMO is working on overall system strategy projects.
Great place to learn
HIM CLERK II (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 2, 2016
I have enjoyed learning about medical records from this environment.
The only drawback is there is nowhere to advance to in this office. Some opportunities for learning other things.
Pros
I work 4 days a week, no holidays or weekend
Cons
Uncertain times due to possible pending sale of facility
Productive work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodruff, WIJune 23, 2016
typical day at work

come into work, fire up the computer, check email and then organize your work for the day starting with what has the highest priority or the quickest deadline.
Pros
health insurance
Supportive small family environment
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIJune 15, 2016
Nice place to work as small type facility with good support systems of team members. Job is great with challenging situations and sometimes frustrating situations (but doesn't every place.) I learned so much about myself as a professional and what remaining compassionate can bring to the satisfaction of your job. Definitely allows for the personal contact with patients and family members as well as staff and management, this comes with long employment in one place.
Pros
Pay roll deductions for meals, medications etc.
Cons
Currently changing of facility organization
Associates, coworkers great to work with. Supervisors caring to associates.
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 15, 2016
Busy and demanding work load, which is ok the day goes fast and coworkers are a great team, would be better if more associates were hired for the work load and pressures.
Pros
Caring and supportive coworkers and supervisors.
Cons
Not enough staff for the work load and demands.
Horrible place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 5, 2016
I worked for Ministry Homecare and hospice. I had an absolutely dreadful experience. The immediate supervisors and managers were horrible. You could not trust anyone as they were all out for themselves. This business was more like a catty junior high school than a professional health care organization. For a faith based company, they are the worst hypocrites. Do yourself a huge favor and stay far away!
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, no integrity, dishonesty, hostile work environment, low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5