Ministry Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Supportive small family environment
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIJune 15, 2016
Nice place to work as small type facility with good support systems of team members. Job is great with challenging situations and sometimes frustrating situations (but doesn't every place.) I learned so much about myself as a professional and what remaining compassionate can bring to the satisfaction of your job. Definitely allows for the personal contact with patients and family members as well as staff and management, this comes with long employment in one place.
Pros
Pay roll deductions for meals, medications etc.
Cons
Currently changing of facility organization
Horrible place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 5, 2016
I worked for Ministry Homecare and hospice. I had an absolutely dreadful experience. The immediate supervisors and managers were horrible. You could not trust anyone as they were all out for themselves. This business was more like a catty junior high school than a professional health care organization. For a faith based company, they are the worst hypocrites. Do yourself a huge favor and stay far away!
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, no integrity, dishonesty, hostile work environment, low pay.
Ministry Health Care
Recovery Audit and Appeal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 7, 2016
During my time with Ministry Health Care, I was given the opportunity to learn how to be the administrator for the database that manages Recovery Audit information. I helped develop process and procedures, created workflow plans, instructions and provided training for new users.

My role continues to expand and I learned how to audit the system, create and generate report able information that is shared with high-level management.
Pros
Great work environment, collaboration within the departments has been positive
Cons
Many unknowns, staffing changes, organization structure
Associates, coworkers great to work with. Supervisors caring to associates.
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 15, 2016
Busy and demanding work load, which is ok the day goes fast and coworkers are a great team, would be better if more associates were hired for the work load and pressures.
Pros
Caring and supportive coworkers and supervisors.
Cons
Not enough staff for the work load and demands.
Great place to learn
HIM CLERK II (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 2, 2016
I have enjoyed learning about medical records from this environment.
The only drawback is there is nowhere to advance to in this office. Some opportunities for learning other things.
Pros
I work 4 days a week, no holidays or weekend
Cons
Uncertain times due to possible pending sale of facility
Registered Medical Assistant - Plover Clinic/Family medicine
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Positives: large corporation, some co-workers helpful, great benefits, great mission statement, pay fair for position, patients, working with a variety of providers.

Negatives: mission statement not followed, long hours, never left on time, constantly rushed, under staffed, schedule always changing, nurse practitioners were rude and did care whether you got a break or even got a lunch, (there is a company policy regarding this but it was never enforced) 4 managers in two years, hard to get earned time off, high turnover.
Horrible experience
PSR (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I have never dreaded waking up and going to work more than I ever have in my entire life as much as I did while employed by Ministry. They completely disregard their mission statement that they claim to be such a huge part of their values. I felt unappreciated and there was tons of favoritism. Different rules applied to different people. Supervisors were stuck up if you weren't in their "club". The day i left was like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders. They definitely do not treat their employees as a religious company should. The pope would be disgusted. Lol.
Pros
Cons
Weren't given breaks we were supposed to get. Unappreciative. Rude.
Productive work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodruff, WIJune 23, 2016
typical day at work

come into work, fire up the computer, check email and then organize your work for the day starting with what has the highest priority or the quickest deadline.
Pros
health insurance
Catholic Mission Vision Values
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 6, 2016
Care focused health care organization working on assimilating to the national Ascension Health Care platform. ePMO is working on overall system strategy projects.
Good People
HR Processor (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 25, 2016
Its a great place to work. In the HR department you will be very busy, but the people and supervisors are great and make it worth it. Very helpful and outgoing individuals.
Pros
FUN job
Cons
can be busy and stressful at times.

Want to know more about Ministry Health Care?

Ask a question
Great team environment
HRSC Processor (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 4, 2016
I have learned so much at Ministry; not only about myself, but human resources as a whole.

I love helping people and I have received so much positive feedback from the community.
Great place for college student
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 3, 2016
Ministry was a great place to work and learn as a college student. They were extremely flexible with my class and exam schedule. Loved my colleagues and patients.
Enjoy the work environment and staff
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, WIDecember 21, 2015
The staff is great to work with. Co-workers are helpful and great to work with. Clean environment. Steady shifts, fulltime. Secure job, with benifits.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Good company to work for, good benefits
Registered Dietitian, Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIDecember 5, 2015
My favorite thing about Ministry is their commitment to service of the poor. I work with a great team and feel like Ministry supports self improvement and continuing education.
Worst Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 4, 2015
I would never work there again - the entire culture in my department was the worst I have ever experienced. The best people to work with were the contract associates/consultants as they were always friendly because they did not know otherwise.
Pros
No Travel
Cons
Salary and Benefits
Summary
System Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 18, 2015
Job was diversified and enjoyable. Manager was always kind and helpful. Coworkers were kind and professional. I would love to work for Ministry Health Care again.
Pros
Salary and ease of job
Cons
training
Organization with Catholic Healthcare Values
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 10, 2015
MHC is a wonderful place to work with strong Catholic heritage and values. Going through many changes at this time to progress into the future.
Pros
Stong Values
Cons
Going through many changes.
Horrible, cliquey place, terrible management
EVS associate (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIJuly 15, 2015
I worked in EVS for 4 months. Applied and got a job 40/hrs/week, but when started told I was a casual employee, even though I was getting 40 hours. This way they didn't have to pay benefits. Several people hired after me given 40 hours or 24 with benefits right away. Supervisor of EVS needs to grow up. Very juvenile, lies right to your face, then talks behind your back. The cliques in this department are TERRIBLE!!! People are targeted to be treated poorly. Very huge turnover in this department. If you are considering working here, RUN, do not even interview as it is not what is promised you at the interview.
Pros
Some of the employee, not supervisors
Cons
Cliques, lies, deceit
Poor management
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIApril 28, 2015
Typical days are are not always smooth, very high turn over in housekeeper, co-workers very clicky, not a pleasant atmosphere. Hard to work when everyone seems to be stressed out. The best part of the job is there are a few really nice people who really get it, and know what your going through, with out saying a word, just a simple shake of there head, or a pat on the shoulder you know just what they are agreeing to in this work place. For a catholic hospital I would like to see much more happiness going around.
Overall a wonderful warm and inviting place to work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 18, 2015
My job may include the everyday run-of-the-mill to working on more creative items, pushing me to think "out-of-the-box) Ministry helped me and have found my time inspiring to grow not only professionally but also personally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4