Ministry Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Good People
HR Processor (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 25, 2016
Its a great place to work. In the HR department you will be very busy, but the people and supervisors are great and make it worth it. Very helpful and outgoing individuals.
Pros
FUN job
Cons
can be busy and stressful at times.
Ministry Health Care
Recovery Audit and Appeal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 7, 2016
During my time with Ministry Health Care, I was given the opportunity to learn how to be the administrator for the database that manages Recovery Audit information. I helped develop process and procedures, created workflow plans, instructions and provided training for new users.

My role continues to expand and I learned how to audit the system, create and generate report able information that is shared with high-level management.
Pros
Great work environment, collaboration within the departments has been positive
Cons
Many unknowns, staffing changes, organization structure
Great team environment
HRSC Processor (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 4, 2016
I have learned so much at Ministry; not only about myself, but human resources as a whole.

I love helping people and I have received so much positive feedback from the community.
Great place for college student
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 3, 2016
Ministry was a great place to work and learn as a college student. They were extremely flexible with my class and exam schedule. Loved my colleagues and patients.
Registered Medical Assistant - Plover Clinic/Family medicine
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Positives: large corporation, some co-workers helpful, great benefits, great mission statement, pay fair for position, patients, working with a variety of providers.

Negatives: mission statement not followed, long hours, never left on time, constantly rushed, under staffed, schedule always changing, nurse practitioners were rude and did care whether you got a break or even got a lunch, (there is a company policy regarding this but it was never enforced) 4 managers in two years, hard to get earned time off, high turnover.
Horrible experience
PSR (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I have never dreaded waking up and going to work more than I ever have in my entire life as much as I did while employed by Ministry. They completely disregard their mission statement that they claim to be such a huge part of their values. I felt unappreciated and there was tons of favoritism. Different rules applied to different people. Supervisors were stuck up if you weren't in their "club". The day i left was like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders. They definitely do not treat their employees as a religious company should. The pope would be disgusted. Lol.
Pros
Cons
Weren't given breaks we were supposed to get. Unappreciative. Rude.
Enjoy the work environment and staff
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, WIDecember 21, 2015
The staff is great to work with. Co-workers are helpful and great to work with. Clean environment. Steady shifts, fulltime. Secure job, with benifits.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Summary
System Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 18, 2015
Job was diversified and enjoyable. Manager was always kind and helpful. Coworkers were kind and professional. I would love to work for Ministry Health Care again.
Pros
Salary and ease of job
Cons
training
Good company to work for, good benefits
Registered Dietitian, Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIDecember 5, 2015
My favorite thing about Ministry is their commitment to service of the poor. I work with a great team and feel like Ministry supports self improvement and continuing education.
Organization with Catholic Healthcare Values
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 10, 2015
MHC is a wonderful place to work with strong Catholic heritage and values. Going through many changes at this time to progress into the future.
Pros
Stong Values
Cons
Going through many changes.
Worst Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 4, 2015
I would never work there again - the entire culture in my department was the worst I have ever experienced. The best people to work with were the contract associates/consultants as they were always friendly because they did not know otherwise.
Pros
No Travel
Cons
Salary and Benefits
Horrible, cliquey place, terrible management
EVS associate (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIJuly 15, 2015
I worked in EVS for 4 months. Applied and got a job 40/hrs/week, but when started told I was a casual employee, even though I was getting 40 hours. This way they didn't have to pay benefits. Several people hired after me given 40 hours or 24 with benefits right away. Supervisor of EVS needs to grow up. Very juvenile, lies right to your face, then talks behind your back. The cliques in this department are TERRIBLE!!! People are targeted to be treated poorly. Very huge turnover in this department. If you are considering working here, RUN, do not even interview as it is not what is promised you at the interview.
Pros
Some of the employee, not supervisors
Cons
Cliques, lies, deceit
Overall a wonderful warm and inviting place to work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 18, 2015
My job may include the everyday run-of-the-mill to working on more creative items, pushing me to think "out-of-the-box) Ministry helped me and have found my time inspiring to grow not only professionally but also personally.
Poor management
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIApril 28, 2015
Typical days are are not always smooth, very high turn over in housekeeper, co-workers very clicky, not a pleasant atmosphere. Hard to work when everyone seems to be stressed out. The best part of the job is there are a few really nice people who really get it, and know what your going through, with out saying a word, just a simple shake of there head, or a pat on the shoulder you know just what they are agreeing to in this work place. For a catholic hospital I would like to see much more happiness going around.
I have been with Ministry a long time.
PATIENT SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WINovember 19, 2014
I have worked in several jobs with Ministry totally 24 years.
Going Down Fast
RN (Former Employee) –  Weston, WINovember 11, 2014
I've worked here for nearly 7 years, it used have great managers and morale, but this hospital is taking on water -fast. The managers of the inpatient units are completely incompetent and don't process the job experience to fulfill their role. Staff is quitting at a faster rate than they can be replaced-if they are replaced at all. Working short staffed is a daily occurrence and administration has no idea or doesn't care. The pay and benefits are an industry low, especially the insurance. And don't think you're job is safe, they have favorites and people are walked out frequently.
work load
ministry health care (Former Employee) –  stevens pointSeptember 20, 2014
a positive experience and was able to learn and grow. Coworkers were great. Hard to find a balance between home and work.
Pros
cowokers
Cons
do yourself a favor--look elsewhere
just another non-exempt castaway (Former Employee) –  st. michael's and elsewhereSeptember 4, 2014
there are SOME great people working there (non-management, non-executive, non-HR, you get the picture). use this company as a platform to get a better, more respectable job elsewhere.

its mission statement is a crock. the definition of hypocrites. management, executives, etc. are deadly, deceitful, and absolutely do not live the mission. if you have a problem at work, i strongly encourage you to get a lawyer, because you will not be treated fairly, or with dignity, if you voice your concerns. in other words, expect the mission statement not to apply to you. i wish i had never worked for ministry. patients can get good care (depending), but that is not the result of the company, the organization, upper management, or mid to lower management. ministry's HR caters to: itself (of course), management, and the executives. as a non-exempt employee, here in WI which is at-will employment, and of course without unionization, you have ZERO protection. that company went downhill, kept going, fired lots of good people, spent money in odd ways, outsourced quite a bit, and still doesn't get the best ratings from patients. oh yeah, it's non-exempt employees get paid far less than other hospitals, and for some odd reason its health insurance costs the employees the highest amount in the state. look it up.
Pros
some good people
Cons
lots of bad people
A great place to work with wonderful opportunity
FLEX COTA (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 23, 2014
Working along with a great team of multidisciplinary practices, I enjoy the flexibility I have in my work days and schedule. While I can work in different areas of practice within the hospital I enjoy the variety I have and the opportunity to learn something new every day
Hard job
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIAugust 19, 2014
I greet the patient's at the front desk, take their information, page the triage nurse, if there are a few patient's in a line needing to be seen, take their names and call them one at a time to get their information and again page the triage nurse. I then enter their information to make a medical chart to hand to the triage nurse, then verify insurance and when they've seen the doctor and are ready to leave, I collect a co pay if there is one and give them a checkout sheet with numbers and hours of all the clinics in the hospital. The hardest part of that job was when there were patient's coming in constantly with no break in between. My co-workers were great. The nurses, not so great. My favorite time of the job was going home.
Pros
the cafeteria with wonderful food was open during the day.
Cons
no breaks.