Ministry Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Registered Medical Assistant - Plover Clinic/Family medicine
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Positives: large corporation, some co-workers helpful, great benefits, great mission statement, pay fair for position, patients, working with a variety of providers.

Negatives: mission statement not followed, long hours, never left on time, constantly rushed, under staffed, schedule always changing, nurse practitioners were rude and did care whether you got a break or even got a lunch, (there is a company policy regarding this but it was never enforced) 4 managers in two years, hard to get earned time off, high turnover.
Enjoy the work environment and staff
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, WIDecember 21, 2015
The staff is great to work with. Co-workers are helpful and great to work with. Clean environment. Steady shifts, fulltime. Secure job, with benifits.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Summary
System Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 18, 2015
Job was diversified and enjoyable. Manager was always kind and helpful. Coworkers were kind and professional. I would love to work for Ministry Health Care again.
Pros
Salary and ease of job
Cons
training
RN Inpatient hospital
Floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 1, 2016
Long hours, chaotic, understaffed at times, mandation to work over, they take patients then worry about if they have enough staff later. Charge rediculious prices in cafeteria, no employee discount. They sometimes give you a voucher for a meal if you work longer but cafeteria is closed when u can finally get there. High turnover, they do not appreciate the great staff they have. They should feel blessed to have such wonderful caring people, the staff and low levels workers care more about patients then the company, supervisors or mgrs. This brings me to the employees, most are genuine, caring and willing to put patients first which is hard when mgmnt does not have your back.
Pros
Coworkers and patients, ample supplies
Cons
See above most
Worst Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 4, 2015
I would never work there again - the entire culture in my department was the worst I have ever experienced. The best people to work with were the contract associates/consultants as they were always friendly because they did not know otherwise.
Pros
No Travel
Cons
Salary and Benefits
Flexible work schedule but constant state of flux
Medical Secretary/Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIJuly 18, 2016
Ministry Health Care started as a great, local healthcare company that really cared about its employees and valued their input. Over the past 10 years, the system was sold numerous times and implemented change after change, making it difficult to keep up and even more difficult to be productive and effective as an employee. Despite frustrations, there has been a core group of management and employees who have stuck it out and maintained a working department that strives to exceed expectations on a daily basis.
Pros
Decent compensation, some flexibility
Cons
Constant change, communication less than desirable
Ministry Medical Group
Centralized Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 28, 2016
I work for Ministry Medical group as a CSR. I have learned many things at this job about medical terminology and working with patients and professionalism on the phone. Management works hard to keep us happy and makes sure we know what we are doing. Are Co Workers are great we all get along like a family and work together as a team.The hardest part of the job are the patients that can get hard to handle at times. I enjoy my job but I am relocating to Medford with my Fiance and we are starting are future together.
Pros
Benefits, Bathroom Breaks, monthly engorgement meetings
Cons
Difficult patients, Hours
Horrible, cliquey place, terrible management
EVS associate (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIJuly 15, 2015
I worked in EVS for 4 months. Applied and got a job 40/hrs/week, but when started told I was a casual employee, even though I was getting 40 hours. This way they didn't have to pay benefits. Several people hired after me given 40 hours or 24 with benefits right away. Supervisor of EVS needs to grow up. Very juvenile, lies right to your face, then talks behind your back. The cliques in this department are TERRIBLE!!! People are targeted to be treated poorly. Very huge turnover in this department. If you are considering working here, RUN, do not even interview as it is not what is promised you at the interview.
Pros
Some of the employee, not supervisors
Cons
Cliques, lies, deceit
Ministry's values are being taken over by a large corporation
Hospital worker (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIAugust 20, 2016
I have worked for Ministry for over 3 years and have seen it decline immensely. As an employee, there is no communication, nurses are driven away by lack of supportive staff and huge workloads, and now even their benefits/pensions are being messed with. There is no future for anyone that doesn't have an education and even the "standards" are so high that if someone wanted to come into their work community, they are turned away. Management needs to get their priorities straight.
Pros
Cons
bad management, poor census, high employee turnover.
Supportive small family environment
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIJune 15, 2016
Nice place to work as small type facility with good support systems of team members. Job is great with challenging situations and sometimes frustrating situations (but doesn't every place.) I learned so much about myself as a professional and what remaining compassionate can bring to the satisfaction of your job. Definitely allows for the personal contact with patients and family members as well as staff and management, this comes with long employment in one place.
Pros
Pay roll deductions for meals, medications etc.
Cons
Currently changing of facility organization
Ministry Health Care
Recovery Audit and Appeal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 7, 2016
During my time with Ministry Health Care, I was given the opportunity to learn how to be the administrator for the database that manages Recovery Audit information. I helped develop process and procedures, created workflow plans, instructions and provided training for new users.

My role continues to expand and I learned how to audit the system, create and generate report able information that is shared with high-level management.
Pros
Great work environment, collaboration within the departments has been positive
Cons
Many unknowns, staffing changes, organization structure
Horrible place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 5, 2016
I worked for Ministry Homecare and hospice. I had an absolutely dreadful experience. The immediate supervisors and managers were horrible. You could not trust anyone as they were all out for themselves. This business was more like a catty junior high school than a professional health care organization. For a faith based company, they are the worst hypocrites. Do yourself a huge favor and stay far away!
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, no integrity, dishonesty, hostile work environment, low pay.
Medical Staff
Medical employee (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIAugust 5, 2016
Upper management likes to put down employees to other employees. Beautiful hospital! Cafeteria food is great, but expensive. HIPAA guidelines need to be reviewed by a staff member in supervising role.
Pros
Beautiful hospital, great food but expensive, great coworkers in modailty
Cons
HIPAA concern, cafeteria prices, call, high school atmosphere
Associates, coworkers great to work with. Supervisors caring to associates.
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 15, 2016
Busy and demanding work load, which is ok the day goes fast and coworkers are a great team, would be better if more associates were hired for the work load and pressures.
Pros
Caring and supportive coworkers and supervisors.
Cons
Not enough staff for the work load and demands.
Great place to learn
HIM CLERK II (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 2, 2016
I have enjoyed learning about medical records from this environment.
The only drawback is there is nowhere to advance to in this office. Some opportunities for learning other things.
Pros
I work 4 days a week, no holidays or weekend
Cons
Uncertain times due to possible pending sale of facility
Horrible experience
PSR (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I have never dreaded waking up and going to work more than I ever have in my entire life as much as I did while employed by Ministry. They completely disregard their mission statement that they claim to be such a huge part of their values. I felt unappreciated and there was tons of favoritism. Different rules applied to different people. Supervisors were stuck up if you weren't in their "club". The day i left was like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders. They definitely do not treat their employees as a religious company should. The pope would be disgusted. Lol.
Pros
Cons
Weren't given breaks we were supposed to get. Unappreciative. Rude.
Productive work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodruff, WIJune 23, 2016
typical day at work

come into work, fire up the computer, check email and then organize your work for the day starting with what has the highest priority or the quickest deadline.
Pros
health insurance
Catholic Mission Vision Values
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 6, 2016
Care focused health care organization working on assimilating to the national Ascension Health Care platform. ePMO is working on overall system strategy projects.
Poor management in Weston on all levels, favoritism, not alot of job security, low morale
Medical Staff (Former Employee) –  Weston WiJanuary 2, 2013
It was a great place and a great company to work for, excellent co workers. HAD great benefits. Not any longer.

I had been employed @ St Clares hospital from nearly day 1. Upper management is totally clueless, and many of the middle managers are incompetent the and all having to follow the "leaders". High school like atmosphere in many departments. I had been there when layoffs happened on more than 1 occasion, with entire departments lets go and current staff to make up for the lost people. At the time I left morale was LOW very LOW. Many people just waiting for the cost cutting axe to fall again. Beware, it will happen again.
Pros
excellent facilities and co-workers.
Cons
management on all levels is poor. many cost cutting layoffs. no room for advancement. favoritism.
Good People
HR Processor (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 25, 2016
Its a great place to work. In the HR department you will be very busy, but the people and supervisors are great and make it worth it. Very helpful and outgoing individuals.
Pros
FUN job
Cons
can be busy and stressful at times.

2.4