MINIT MART Employee Reviews

sucks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNNovember 28, 2016
they aren't willing to train you to your job you get thrown out on floor without knowing anything, and also they make you do a chore list that has 40 things on it plus putting away a order and being able to help customers is really difficult with only 2 people working. the only time you see the manger is when he is writing you up for something stupid. like not being yourself because you are having a bad day.
Cons
no breaks, mean mangers, dont get payed the right ammount
very busy place and a lot of work to do.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cave City, KYOctober 19, 2016
How to make sure coffee was always made pizzas for cooked ready to go out the door the trash was taken out the countertop store clean the cups. We had straws and Lids at the counter tops for stocked with food and inventory the front doors or clean the floors are mopped the doors were locked and customers are happy
Pros
The customers
Cons
We got a break whenever we had a dead moment
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burkesville, KYOctober 19, 2016
always went in with a smile, & always clocked out with a smile. i learned that working with the public was the best job ever. i love to communicate with others so my job made my day better.
Productive Fast Pace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXOctober 19, 2016
Minit Mart is self work environment majority of the time is by yourself, but when put as a team we meet requiments to open an close the store. We are not a 24 hrs service truck loads come anywhere from 10pm - 12am. Last shjift will make sure the Cooler is restocked, Beerbin is Flushed, shelves are stocked an faced, last but not least always Upsale your front counter product. Met requiments of manager task; which is to sell lotto tickets and sell about 64 in a week. Anything over a raise is the prize every month. Over all I learned more about convienent stores an how they run
Pros
Always work an movement
Cons
Was to Unorganized
Good place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 28, 2016
Already feel like I reviewed this but I guess I have to again. A nice place to work, nice people friendly environment. Not the best compensation and benefits around however that is rather standard for this job type
Had fun with Co-Workers, Job itself was another story
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 31, 2016
I worked from a 3-7pm shift, cleaning, stocking and taking inventory, and cooking while manning the register. We had a few irate customers a week, however they were dealt with kindly, like with every customer. I learned more about customer service, more respect towards those who work in it that's for sure, plus all of the experience that comes with the job of course. My bosses seemed nice, however wasn't aware of how one was talking about me and taking advantage of me behind my back. Hardest part of the job was dealing with stuff around the store before my shift ended, because I had to deal with people at the register before I could finish up around the store. The most enjoyable part about the jobs were my co-workers and regular customers. I got along with them very well, plus the few jokes we shared.
Pros
Regulars and Co-Workers
Cons
Hardly breaks and Few Hours
It was decent place but needed better options with better benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 24, 2016
The hours were good, but the pay was little. They gave so much responsibility for one person to handle. I learned how to handle a cashier, and learned how to take lead as a head cashier.
Loved the job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. My co workers made my days there amazing. I didn't want to leave but I need a new job because after 3 years of working there I still didn't make my desired amount.
Not bad place to work
Cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 6, 2016
Pay is not good but it was a good place to earn. responsibilities are low but as is the pay. People are laod back and it was fun while i was there.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
Great place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, KYJune 25, 2016
This was a great place to work. Great employees and great owner and management. I enjoyed working with each person. I enjoyed the job and everything it consisted of.
work
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2016
working to register then pick up the day stalking. How things get twisted are around. In management learner to time mange. Learned how to close the store. learn what not to say to my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was know that someone was always talking bad about you to everyone but to your face lie about and try to be your friend. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers that came in everyday!
Typical Customer Service Job
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 15, 2016
Staff is typically in good spirits and enjoy having fun on the job while being able to deal with even the most difficult customers with relative ease.
Pros
Free Fountain Drinks
Cons
Difficult Customers
Great Company/Manager
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coal City, ILApril 12, 2016
My experience at the Coal City Minit Mart was great! I had an amazing boss, co-workers and District Manager. They were very flexible with my crazy schedule and they paid pretty decent!
Pros
Free Drinks - Great Boss
Cons
Mandatory Breaks
My shift at the Minit Mart
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 12, 2016
I was responsible for over seeing about 4-5 employees on my shift. My duties was to run the cash register and to make sure that the stores appearance was in top shape for my customers. Also to make sure that the stock was put out. Another duty of mine was to count tills and to make deposits along with running daily reports.
Pros
Getting to meet a wide variety of people as my customers
Cons
Not enough pay for all the responiblities I was expect to do.
Fun and easy work place
Cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calvert City, KYFebruary 14, 2016
Everyone guides you through learning. Fun and friendly workplace. Manager friendly and very helpful. Become friends and family.
Not an enjoyable work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washougal, WAFebruary 2, 2016
My typical day at work would consist of opening the store, turning on all the lights, fryer, hot case, and register. I would make food, and coffee, count the money in my register, count all of the newspapers, cash out customers, stock the back freezer, and front freezer, clean counters, and shelves, and wash dishes. The only thing I learned while working there is how to use a very old cash register and to keep an eye on my paycheck. I was not a big fan of the management, very nice people but like to short employees on pay. I did not have any coworkers because I worked alone. The job was not hard to do. What I enjoyed about working at the Minit Mart was the customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Dirty store, Mold around food and drinks, poor management, no room for advancement, no health care, minimum wage, and absolutely no raises.
Productive workplace that expects to give every customer excellent customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 25, 2016
Typical day at work included handling cash and credit card transactions with efficiency, provided excellent customer service and restocking shelves and cleaning.
A great and fun place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 4, 2015
Make rounds to stores
have meeting with managers
inventory
customer service
safety
It was exciting to hear their different approach to issues.
Had a good group team members
The hard part was terminating.
Meeting new and exciting people from all over.
Pros
good paying job
Cons
short on benfits
Minit Mart
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 2, 2015
Minit Mart provides a number of different services to our patrons. Including but not limited to, fuel, money orders, groceries, hot and cold beverages, etc. We try to provide each customer with the utmost respect along with fast and friendly services.
Benefits
Cons
Can sometimes be hectic
Enjoyed my coworkers.
Cashier Team Member (Former Employee) –  bowling green, ky.October 22, 2015
The minit mart was a good place to work, not too stressful however the room for advancement is very little. This also means that the opportunity for better compensation is not available, so low pay and not very good benefits unfortunately.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MINIT MART. Our community is ready to answer.