MINIT MART Employee Reviews

Great starting job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIOctober 27, 2017
It's a great entry job, but a professional worker wouldn't be fulfilled here. It's a great job to start at, to start gaining work experience as a 16-18 year old. It's not a great place to work if you're looking to move up in the workplace and looking for promotions and raises and corporate professionalism.
Pros
Gas and in-store discount
Cons
Unorganized
An okay place to work and make money
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milroy, PAOctober 24, 2017
You always had to be working the only break you got was the scheduled break. Some customers could be nice and or rude and if they were rude you had to put up with it.
Pros
Good food and pay
Cons
Always cleaning up after other employees
Workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dawson Springs, KYOctober 19, 2017
Not very good place since the new company took over. Prices went up and to many rules that kept u from being friendly with customers. Coworkers very rude to each other
Pros
Money
Cons
Rude
It was a ok place to work till someones health came into effect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 10, 2017
My typical day at work was ok with some of the employees but tyen otger employees would take off from register when ever they felt like it to go to the back to talk and then when i got lines someone else from the back would have to come up then when I would have to work a lot of overtime because certain employees would not come in also when my health decided to climb a little bit I go to the hospital I would ask for like 2 days to be in the back of way from the register where it wouldn't be stressful on me and I was told no there was not going to work around anybody we all had to get along so it wasn't just the register that was stressful it was working around certain employees
Pros
Discounts on drinks food and gas
Cons
No breaks or late breaks
very stressful company to work for
Customer Service Representative/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 15, 2017
very unstable company at the time i was.could not keep regular manager. never enough employees for amount of work. customer re pore was great, very busy store, just too much work for amount of customers, makes for a stressful employment and customers are always waiting.
Pros
great customers, busy day, decent pay
Cons
never enough employees, too much work for amount of employees, store suffers and customers suffer
It's a good part time job. Not a great career.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 12, 2017
My direct manager was amazing. The higher managers were inconsistent , and did not communicate clearly. If you're looking for a varying schedule and fast paced days it's great. The kiosk stores do not have much room for advancement and the training is very basic, at best.
Pros
Awesome customers, fast paced work.
Cons
Lack of communication between higher management
Hated working here
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Centerville, INSeptember 7, 2017
I would not recommend thia job to anyone they mess around with your schedule alot and dont give set hours they dont like to give you requested days off and the management is very poor
Honest workplace
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 22, 2017
The hours are flexible, the managers are not all equal but the ones I had were great. There are alot of responsibilities to take care of and its not a job for the lazy. You must be kind and courteous, strict, clean, and extremely fast.
poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 3, 2017
i worked for the minit mart company and was treated unfairly by the managers, they cuss the employies and tell them they dont care how they feel and if you had a complainant or issues it was never solved just told to deal with it...
Its a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 2, 2017
Working at a gas station can be frustrating. There is always a lot of work to be done. And it can be very difficult to attend to it all while helping customers.
And you will have a lot of problems in dealing with customers who want you to break the law in regards to the selling of alcohol and tobacco. A lot of them become very irate if not violent. And you can not count on the police to help keep you safe.
You can only take a break between customers. So if your location tends to be busy, breaks are non-existent.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A lot of work for little pay, dealing with unreasonable customers
up beat environment
Cashier 3 (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJune 21, 2017
Ive worked here for 5 years ( still currently employed). Our manager is nice, and tries to work around all family gatherings. downfall is pay scale and opportunity for moving up in the company
Pros
gas/ merchandise discounts
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Enjoyed mentoring new employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 13, 2017
I am hardworking and responsible which allowed me to become an effective leader. i learned the importance of communicating effectively with the employees to ensure all standards and protocols are met.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
Great opportunity for new hires
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 11, 2017
Great company to work for, pay is great for new hires. Unfortunately they are hiring in at way more then they are paying me, and I'm tired of waiting for the raises and pay increases I was promised, so I am seeking opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
They work you to death
Not enough pay for the work done
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXJune 10, 2017
I would go in to work always the previous employee never did their job which left me to do it all stopped two shoplifters most of the time worked till closing and never got raise.
Pros
Iou
Cons
the pay and the requirments
Fast- Paced, but overall ok environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 5, 2017
I had a lot of fun working with the customers they keep us entertained. but to my new lifestyle and my need for a better life i need to find a job that better suites my needs
Pros
Discounted meals, drinks, snacks
Cons
not so good environment
Fun workplace as long as employees show up
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 1, 2017
Go in and open store. Start coffee, count lottery tickets, count safe, balance previous days monies and research discrepancies, take deposit to bank. Prepare schedule for employees, order store needs, food, etc. The hardest part of the job was when someone would call in sick and I would have to work their shift, sometimes I worked from 4am to 12am. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the customers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough reliable employees, long hours for management
good work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMay 25, 2017
easy going job in a welcoming atmosphere. Great coworkers with, friendly and informative managers. job requirements were a little demanding, but easily doable.
Minit Mart- God Fathers Pizza
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calvert City, KYMay 24, 2017
I learned something new everyday. My typical day was busy fast pace, My Manager was Awesome she was great to work with, workplace culture was fine if you could only get everyone to work the same. and if you could stay on a steady schedule Assistant Manger didn't know how to do. nothing hard about the job, most enjoyable was customers.
Cons
short breaks
Liked it here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOMay 23, 2017
For being one of the worst jobs in the service industry, I really liked this job. Most steady hours I've had since I started working, the pay wasnt the best but it got me through. The hours were great, the manager was such a nice woman, I'm still friends with her. Even the customers were all great. Of course the job had it's drawbacks, but this one was the one I could have lived with for a while.
Quick-paced but not as acceptable as one would think
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grantsburg, WIMay 12, 2017
It was a very quick-paced job. You need extremely good communication skills to work here. It was a good job but not so much the environment. The management was great except not so much kept in order.
Pros
20% Discount
Cons
Short breaks, if any.