Java Developer – MiniTime
Los Angeles, CA
MiniTime provides parents with travel and leisure recommendations, reviews and listings curated for their families, enabling them to spend less time planning and more time playing. Making family travel planning easy is just the first step towards becoming the definitive lifestyle brand for family travel and leisure. MiniTime is a funded Los Angeles-based start-up.
The ideal candidate will have extensive programming background in the web environment. The desired candidate must be self-motivated, creative, passionate and agile to fit into the fast paced dynamic environment. The candidate will participate in the design and development of web applications and will be involved in all phases of development including technical design, development, quality assurance, and deployments.
Skills and Experience Required:
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5-7 years of web application development on a high traffic, prominent internet site.
- Strong experience working with Java/J2EE, JSP/Tiles/ JSTL/OGNL, Struts2, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Apache Commons, Design Patterns.
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming on all application tiers (presentation, business, database).
- Solid understanding of object-oriented principles, agile methodology, SCRUM.
- Experience working with a RDBMS, preferably MySQL.
- Experience with the following development tools and environments is preferred: Eclipse, SVN, Maven, Windows/Linux.
- Good communication skills and a team player.
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience working with Tomcat Application Server.
- Jquery, frontend technologies
- Bash scripting
What we offer:
- Join a cool startup with a great team
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Great benefits
MiniTime provides parents with travel and leisure recommendations, reviews and listings curated for their families, enabling them to spend...