Minneapolis College of Art and Design Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
fine institution
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  onlineFebruary 3, 2017
with a really great commitment to arts, design and the humanities. i can't say enough good things about this place, which has allowed me to get a great taste of online college instruction.
good work study position for the hard working student
Work Study Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2016
Came into this position as a work study student in my sophomore year at MCAD. The position is in the admissions office. Laid back with flexible hours to work around school and homework load. Position consisted of entering and filing student data, completing miscellaneous tasks, leading tours for potential students/families, and giving presentations and working information tables at admissions events. The staff and the other work study "student ambassadors" were fun and focused. Very positive and supportive management. Compensation was alright. It was good for a full time student looking for money.
Pros
on campus of school, good management, calm environment
Cons
decent compensation
productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 8, 2013
Since it was a work study job I was mostly doing school work. They didn't give me many hours because they were paying me 14 per hour. I was mainly working this job so I could focus on my senior project.

As for the school experience:
They give you a lot to work on. So if you have a lot of free time your not doing your job. I enjoyed all the projects I was given and ended up collaborating with a lot of other students that shared similar ideas to my own. As hard as they made us work they kept a very fun and creative environment which i feel is very important to any work place.
Lots of interesting things going on
Coordinator of Academic Affairs Administration (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2012
Co-workers would be the best part of the job. People are fabulous, brilliant, talented and committed to a good student experience.
No upward mobility. Low pay and relies mostly on people's loyalty.
Pros
great vacation package, access to facilities for art making
Cons
low pay, no upward mobility
A good GTA position
Graduate Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2012
The work was interesting, the supervisor was a delight. The GTA was a great support to my studies at MCAD.

Want to know more about Minneapolis College of Art and Design?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3