Minneapolis Community and Technical College Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2016
Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a great place to work. work study is always fun. Life is easy there and most people are friendly. it's much easy to feel like home than work
Pros
Fee printing
Cons
Short breaks
Jobs were given based on who you knew in the buddy system
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2016
Assignments for work were based on who you were best buddies with rather than what your qualifications might be. No one ever asked what assignments you would prefer.
Pros
Shared office space was nice.
Cons
Schedule was based on the buddy system.
Great place to work with awesome staff
Student Worker/Registrar Office (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2016
MCTC registrar office has a great laid back environment, with great employees to work with everyday. Worked consisted of scanning and electronically filing all student documents, so they could be easily found. The best part of my job is my loving caring boss. She is so kind and understanding; she makes you want to work hard.
The bully's playground
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 9, 2016
Coworkers are rude to others and talk about each other all day long. Nobody wants to be on an effective team and then are quick to blame the new guy for things gone wrong.
Pros
state job, good pay
Cons
coworkers are rude
Excellent
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2015
It is an excellent place to work when you are attending class and have just a bust schedule. The staff are very Flexible when you are unable to come in because of to much homework or because you are sick. I process applications and make sure that the students have all of their paper work in so they are able to be accepted in the program.
Pros
Flexiable
Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a place that is a beacon in the downtown community.
Recruiter, Enrollment Specialist, Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisSeptember 2, 2015
Mctc has put its resources in to helping its students and the community around the campus. MCTC has amazing programs that support its students in their educational path. The best time I ever had at MCTC was attending the graduation ceremony at the Minneapolis Convention center. To see all the students celebrate their achievements with there family and the MCTC faculty and staff made me really proud to be apart of the MCTC community.
Pros
Working with the amazing Trio Programs and the supportive staff that helps
Cons
A lot of work with not enough time to do it in.
First rate teaching staff who give there time generously.
Student (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisJuly 11, 2015
Very fun! I,ll miss it. how to shoot good photos and video. I'll miss my fellow students. The hardest part was learning the studio and the most enjoyable was just learning the trade.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long days sometimes
Working with students and Instructor
Welder Instructor Aid (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis,MinnesotaMay 11, 2015
Helping the Instructor with the students. I really learned and enjoyed the opportunity. It was always a challenge, but I pulled through.
work study
admin (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2015
Assist with training programs for faculty, staff and students
Perform various administrative and project support tasks, researching and compiling information
Fun co-workers
Media Services Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNMarch 3, 2015
Day to day was never the same. Working with over 15,000 people including staff, faculty, and students.
I learned to be patient, listen, and how to be flexible when talking to different people so they could understand the solution.
I moved on because the management that came in was not for team effort. They did not like that we shared information that would help each other succeed.
I did not find my job to be hard. I loved learning each day about the new technologies that were up and coming.
Internship
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2014
Personal growth and provide me to understanding what I would expect when I graduated.

I had self-discovery that I have too many talent that I want to use for future career,

Co-workers are great work with and very helpful

Hardest part is only communication barriers but always have breakthrough.
Pros
Fun and Enjoyable
Cons
Internship without paid
Student work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2014
Exposure to laboratory work- prepare gels for protein analysis, prepare agar plates for microbiology, maintain chemical inventory.
Teaching at a college level with urban students is a wonderful challenge
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis,MnOctober 30, 2014
This position worked with students who had not attended college before or were returning. Most did not have adequate skills to be successful in college.
Interesting Environment
Customer Service Specialist Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2014
Work was very busy in rush periods, but exciting to help students
from such diverse backgrounds.
great school
Architecture Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  minneapolisApril 22, 2014
I enjoyed my time there and the experiences i got. it was fun but i left after graduating
I'm a team player, positive and dependable.
Student Life OS (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 18, 2014
A typical day begins with working with students, faculty and staff, providing excellent customer service. Knowledge of computer systems and software including ISRS, and Microsoft Office Suite. Maintain professional and positive relations with clients. Detail oriented and able to multitask
I work well with others while under pressure. Maintain a calm demeanor and facilitate solutions for challenging students and customers. Performed various types administrative support Supervise twelve work study students including payroll. Oversee enrollment process for Phi Theta Kappa. Assist with Graduation, cap and gown distribution and the event planning. Assist with planning and coordination of events and fairs for student life. Assist students with creating and managing student life groups and organizations. Manage Free Legal Advice, schedule attorneys and coordinate student schedules. Coordinate, promote, advertise, budget and assist with central scheduling.
I have learned to multi-task and working in a multi-cultural environment. I enjoy supervising/training student workers and see the positive personal student worker's growth and confidence.
The hardest part of my job and most rewarding is working in variety of cultures. I'm a team player and enjoy working in higher education.
Pros
Working with students, faculty and staff in organizing travel needs: air, hotel, train.
Cons
When I began working at MCTC we had only 5 student clubs, today we have over 45 student clubs. Due to the increase of student clubs, our department is challenged by being under staffed.
good program
Student (Former Employee) –  minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2014
Great program, learned several specimen collection techniques I had not before. I look forward to real world application of learned skills.
Great people to work with.
Certified Computer Lab tutor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2014
I helped students gain knowledge of the use of computers such as QuickBooks, Word processing, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, D2L, and Efolio and other computer programs. I always love helping people. Therefore, I enjoyed while working with them.
work study
Architecture Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  minneapolisMay 14, 2013
I worked there while at school as part of a work study program and I enjoyed it. It was a great experience for me and I learned alot from my professors.
Wonderful college, great people and best employer ever
Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2012
I had great time and I loved to work there .
I loved all students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minneapolis Community and Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

Minneapolis Community and Technical College Reviews by Location