Minneapolis Community and Technical College

Minneapolis Community and Technical College Employer Reviews

Internship
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2014
Pros: fun and enjoyable
Cons: internship without paid
Personal growth and provide me to understanding what I would expect when I graduated.

I had self-discovery that I have too many talent that I want to use for future career,

Co-workers are great work with and very helpful

Hardest part is only communication barriers but always have breakthrough.
Student work
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2014
Exposure to laboratory work- prepare gels for protein analysis, prepare agar plates for microbiology, maintain chemical inventory.
Teaching at a college level with urban students is a wonderful challenge
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Minneapolis,MnOctober 30, 2014
This position worked with students who had not attended college before or were returning. Most did not have adequate skills to be successful in college.
Interesting Environment
Customer Service Specialist Intermediate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2014
Work was very busy in rush periods, but exciting to help students
from such diverse backgrounds.
great school
Architecture Lab Attendant (Former Employee), minneapolisApril 22, 2014
I enjoyed my time there and the experiences i got. it was fun but i left after graduating
I'm a team player, positive and dependable.
Student Life OS (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working with students, faculty and staff in organizing travel needs: air, hotel, train.
Cons: when i began working at mctc we had only 5 student clubs, today we have over 45 student clubs. due to the increase of student clubs, our department is challenged by being under staffed.
A typical day begins with working with students, faculty and staff, providing excellent customer service. Knowledge of computer systems and software including ISRS, and Microsoft Office Suite. Maintain professional and positive relations with clients. Detail oriented and able to multitask
I work well with others while under pressure. Maintain a calm – more... demeanor and facilitate solutions for challenging students and customers. Performed various types administrative support Supervise twelve work study students including payroll. Oversee enrollment process for Phi Theta Kappa. Assist with Graduation, cap and gown distribution and the event planning. Assist with planning and coordination of events and fairs for student life. Assist students with creating and managing student life groups and organizations. Manage Free Legal Advice, schedule attorneys and coordinate student schedules. Coordinate, promote, advertise, budget and assist with central scheduling.
I have learned to multi-task and working in a multi-cultural environment. I enjoy supervising/training student workers and see the positive personal student worker's growth and confidence.
The hardest part of my job and most rewarding is working in variety of cultures. I'm a team player and enjoy working in higher education. – less
good program
Student (Former Employee), minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2014
Great program, learned several specimen collection techniques I had not before. I look forward to real world application of learned skills.
Great people to work with.
Certified Computer Lab tutor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2014
I helped students gain knowledge of the use of computers such as QuickBooks, Word processing, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, D2L, and Efolio and other computer programs. I always love helping people. Therefore, I enjoyed while working with them.
work study
Architecture Lab Attendant (Former Employee), minneapolisMay 14, 2013
I worked there while at school as part of a work study program and I enjoyed it. It was a great experience for me and I learned alot from my professors.