Minneapolis Community and Technical College Employee Reviews

Productive work place with good job culture
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2017
Only offers a few hours of work each day, but alot of experience is obtained in the few hours. One gets the opportunity to work alongside great management
Part-Time Adjunct Faculty
Part Time Adjunct Faculty Member: Machining (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2017
Minneapolis Community an Technical College was a great place to work as adjunct faculty. The students were eager to learn, respectful, and motivated.
Great Place to Work
Director of Central Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 26, 2017
MCTC's mission is: Minneapolis Community and Technical College provides access to the transformative power of education in a diverse and dynamic downtown environment.
All the work that goes on at this school is deeply dedicated to serving students via that mission.
Pros
Great Benefits Package
Cons
Not yet fully functional with integrated planning, but working on it.
Very fun and very loving environment
I assist other students in various endeavors (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
I like to be innovative and outspoken and have a lot of goals that are being met here. Amazing staff! There are a lot of like minded individuals who come from the same place. I like to be around various cultures and walks of life also
Mctc
General Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2017
I love working and going to school here. The atmosphere is awesome. My coworkers are an awesome. They are wonderful people. The management is awesome. They work with you whenever you need to take off or have other problems.
Pros
I work and go to school at the same facility.
Cons
My work time schedule
fun and fast pasted place to work
Public Safety Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2017
My supervisors are very cool working at Mctc is more like working with family. when you are a good worker they are really invested in you and they will go above and beyond for their workers.
Instructor
Instructor for Sterile (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 27, 2017
I Liked teaching there. The students were engaging and thoughtful
The staff was also very helpful and supportive. I wasn't with this company for a real long time.
A day in the life
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 9, 2016
I could expect happy and determined co-workers when I arrived each day. It's also a very understanding environment as many workers have families and lives outside of work. Everyone was willing to help each other, answer questions for example, and the same was expected of me. That is why it was especially fun training in the newbees because I liked to make it as easy and welcoming for them as possible. A great crew, and an exciting environment with promotional opportunities.
Pros
Promotional opportunities, working face to face with students, learning about financial aid
Cons
Juggling full time work with full time school, very tight working quarters/cubicles, office gossip
Fun Workplace
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2016
Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a great place to work. work study is always fun. Life is easy there and most people are friendly. it's much easy to feel like home than work
Pros
Fee printing
Cons
Short breaks
Jobs were given based on who you knew in the buddy system
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2016
Assignments for work were based on who you were best buddies with rather than what your qualifications might be. No one ever asked what assignments you would prefer.
Pros
Shared office space was nice.
Cons
Schedule was based on the buddy system.
Great place to work with awesome staff
Student Worker/Registrar Office (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2016
MCTC registrar office has a great laid back environment, with great employees to work with everyday. Worked consisted of scanning and electronically filing all student documents, so they could be easily found. The best part of my job is my loving caring boss. She is so kind and understanding; she makes you want to work hard.
The bully's playground
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 9, 2016
Coworkers are rude to others and talk about each other all day long. Nobody wants to be on an effective team and then are quick to blame the new guy for things gone wrong.
Pros
state job, good pay
Cons
coworkers are rude
Excellent
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2015
It is an excellent place to work when you are attending class and have just a bust schedule. The staff are very Flexible when you are unable to come in because of to much homework or because you are sick. I process applications and make sure that the students have all of their paper work in so they are able to be accepted in the program.
Pros
Flexiable
Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a place that is a beacon in the downtown community.
Recruiter, Enrollment Specialist, Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisSeptember 2, 2015
Mctc has put its resources in to helping its students and the community around the campus. MCTC has amazing programs that support its students in their educational path. The best time I ever had at MCTC was attending the graduation ceremony at the Minneapolis Convention center. To see all the students celebrate their achievements with there family and the MCTC faculty and staff made me really proud to be apart of the MCTC community.
Pros
Working with the amazing Trio Programs and the supportive staff that helps
Cons
A lot of work with not enough time to do it in.
First rate teaching staff who give there time generously.
Student (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisJuly 11, 2015
Very fun! I,ll miss it. how to shoot good photos and video. I'll miss my fellow students. The hardest part was learning the studio and the most enjoyable was just learning the trade.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long days sometimes
Working with students and Instructor
Welder Instructor Aid (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis,MinnesotaMay 11, 2015
Helping the Instructor with the students. I really learned and enjoyed the opportunity. It was always a challenge, but I pulled through.
work study
admin (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2015
Assist with training programs for faculty, staff and students
Perform various administrative and project support tasks, researching and compiling information
Fun co-workers
Media Services Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNMarch 3, 2015
Day to day was never the same. Working with over 15,000 people including staff, faculty, and students.
I learned to be patient, listen, and how to be flexible when talking to different people so they could understand the solution.
I moved on because the management that came in was not for team effort. They did not like that we shared information that would help each other succeed.
I did not find my job to be hard. I loved learning each day about the new technologies that were up and coming.
Internship
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2014
Personal growth and provide me to understanding what I would expect when I graduated.

I had self-discovery that I have too many talent that I want to use for future career,

Co-workers are great work with and very helpful

Hardest part is only communication barriers but always have breakthrough.
Pros
Fun and Enjoyable
Cons
Internship without paid
Student work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2014
Exposure to laboratory work- prepare gels for protein analysis, prepare agar plates for microbiology, maintain chemical inventory.