Minneapolis Community and Technical College Employee Reviews

First rate teaching staff who give there time generously.
Student (Former Employee), MinneapolisJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Long days sometimes
Very fun! I,ll miss it. how to shoot good photos and video. I'll miss my fellow students. The hardest part was learning the studio and the most enjoyable was just learning the trade.
Working with students and Instructor
Welder Instructor Aid (Current Employee), Minneapolis,MinnesotaMay 11, 2015
Helping the Instructor with the students. I really learned and enjoyed the opportunity. It was always a challenge, but I pulled through.
work study
admin (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2015
Assist with training programs for faculty, staff and students
Perform various administrative and project support tasks, researching and compiling information
Fun co-workers
Media Services Support Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNMarch 3, 2015
Day to day was never the same. Working with over 15,000 people including staff, faculty, and students.
I learned to be patient, listen, and how to be flexible when talking to different people so they could understand the solution.
I moved on because the management that came in was not for team effort. They did not like that we shared information that would help each other succeed.
I did not find my job to be hard. I loved learning each day about the new technologies that were up and coming.
Internship
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2014
Pros: fun and enjoyable
Cons: internship without paid
Personal growth and provide me to understanding what I would expect when I graduated.

I had self-discovery that I have too many talent that I want to use for future career,

Co-workers are great work with and very helpful

Hardest part is only communication barriers but always have breakthrough.
Student work
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2014
Exposure to laboratory work- prepare gels for protein analysis, prepare agar plates for microbiology, maintain chemical inventory.
Teaching at a college level with urban students is a wonderful challenge
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Minneapolis,MnOctober 30, 2014
This position worked with students who had not attended college before or were returning. Most did not have adequate skills to be successful in college.
Interesting Environment
Customer Service Specialist Intermediate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2014
Work was very busy in rush periods, but exciting to help students
from such diverse backgrounds.
great school
Architecture Lab Attendant (Former Employee), minneapolisApril 22, 2014
I enjoyed my time there and the experiences i got. it was fun but i left after graduating
I'm a team player, positive and dependable.
Student Life OS (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working with students, faculty and staff in organizing travel needs: air, hotel, train.
Cons: when i began working at mctc we had only 5 student clubs, today we have over 45 student clubs. due to the increase of student clubs, our department is challenged by being under staffed.
A typical day begins with working with students, faculty and staff, providing excellent customer service. Knowledge of computer systems and software including ISRS, and Microsoft Office Suite. Maintain professional and positive relations with clients. Detail oriented and able to multitask
I work well with others while under pressure. Maintain a calm demeanor and facilitate solutions for challenging – more... students and customers. Performed various types administrative support Supervise twelve work study students including payroll. Oversee enrollment process for Phi Theta Kappa. Assist with Graduation, cap and gown distribution and the event planning. Assist with planning and coordination of events and fairs for student life. Assist students with creating and managing student life groups and organizations. Manage Free Legal Advice, schedule attorneys and coordinate student schedules. Coordinate, promote, advertise, budget and assist with central scheduling.
I have learned to multi-task and working in a multi-cultural environment. I enjoy supervising/training student workers and see the positive personal student worker's growth and confidence.
The hardest part of my job and most rewarding is working in variety of cultures. I'm a team player and enjoy working in higher education. – less
good program
Student (Former Employee), minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2014
Great program, learned several specimen collection techniques I had not before. I look forward to real world application of learned skills.
Great people to work with.
Certified Computer Lab tutor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2014
I helped students gain knowledge of the use of computers such as QuickBooks, Word processing, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, D2L, and Efolio and other computer programs. I always love helping people. Therefore, I enjoyed while working with them.
Wonderful college, great people and best employer ever
Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2012
I had great time and I loved to work there .
I loved all students.