The Minneapolis Golf Club is currently seeking an F&B Service Manager to provide positive and strong training and leadership to staff in the a la carte dining room and banquet areas. This position ensures the smooth coordination of food service between the kitchen and service staff and maintains a pleasing dining environment for MGC members and guests. This position will also assist with any management duties that pertain to executing of food and beverage service, scheduling and training of staff.
- Responsible for training in all new and current food & beverage staff in proper service standards within the a la carte restaurant and banquets. Ensures that the “Standards of Operation” are followed and adhered to by all service staff.
- Acts as a “floor supervisor” and provides leadership and direction to the service staff in the restaurant and banquet areas.
- Maintains and promotes a positive attitude and work environment for staff at all times.
- Inspects banquet room prior to client arrival. Ensures that room is set appropriately according to event order; tables are placed appropriately; linens, glassware, and silverware are clean/polished; and centerpieces and any other decorations are set appropriately. Also ensures staffing levels are appropriate and staff is following dress code guidelines.
- Inspects dining room prior to customer arrival. Ensures tables are set appropriately, tables, bar and floor are clean, staffing levels are appropriate and staff is following dress code guidelines.
- Ensures proper opening and closing duties and side work is completed on a timely basis and evenly distributed amongst staff.
- Schedules breaks for staff as necessary and cuts staff according to business levels and time of arrival.
- Addresses any food and beverage related issues with the members or their guests and solves the problem accordingly.
- Advises the Clubhouse Manager of any complaints or dissatisfactions as soon as they occur.
- Has knowledge of all food and beverage offerings to include portion, preparation and presentation.
- Safeguards members, guests, the club, and its employees with the knowledge and enforcement of the club’s beverage policies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Server/Bartender. Lead Server or previous management experience highly desired
- Experience training on Steps of Service within the both the restaurant and banquet functions.
- Open availability to include nights and weekends
- Team player and willingness to assist other staff members when needed.
Minneapolis Golf Club offers competitive pay and a fast-paced environment where creativity and customer service skills are highly valued. This position is full-time and eligible for a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the "Apply Now" link or go to our website for application instructions:
MGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
[keywords: front of the house, FOH, dining room, floor supervisor, restaurant, banquet, food and beverage, F&B, manager, customer service, training, server, bartender]